• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Secret base

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
Years
  • Age 34
  • Fl
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
Again, not sure if there's a thread already, I apologize if there is.

Does anyone hope that there's some sort of secret base (like in R/S/E) or an underground base (like D/P/Pl)?

I really loved to customize my own little base! It's something I really missed in SS/HG. I loved the secret bases of Ruby and Sapphire. I would go there and save the game, pretending that it's my little home! Great fun!

What do you guys think? Will we get our own little base or resort to customize again? What's your opinion?

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
Years
  • Age 34
  • Fl
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
I liked the underground of D/P/Pl. I wouldn't say bring it back. But it was great in that game! I used it so much that I had TONS of heartscales, which I transfered to SS to teach my pkmn some moves ^.^

I really do want some sort of customizable base though.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
The secret bases in RSE were sort of cool, but got boring quick. Underground in DPPt was fun and amazing, but it was a confusing mess with all the intersections and crossings too! I would have the best of both worlds if they somehow combined these two. Like say you make a secret base, and from that base you were able to go underground to hunt for jewels, fossils, etc. That would probably get boring too after awhile, so really what the DPPt underground and RSE bases were missing was interaction. Sure if you had wi-fi underground was fun, but for me when I first got Pearl I didn't, and after two months of going underground I got bored. I think it would be neat if people (computer-player) could venture into your secret base in black & white--if there is one--and offer to trade items, give you free things, heck maybe even offer to battle.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
Years
  • Age 34
  • Fl
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
Great idea PipVoda! Actually that would work nicely, I think in Platinum (I haven't finished yet) but according to the guidebook, gym leaders and other characters visit your customizable resort. So that would be cool if nonplayer characters could visit the base and interact with you, battle and stuff.

Magmarizer

Hitokiri Battōsai
Years
I would love to have a secert base like in R/S/E, but have more to do there. You could install a healing station for you pokemon(mabye just a bed) and also let you pokemon out of there balls to play around.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 20, 2016
Hoping for one! Like back in R/S/E.
Ofcourse the graphics would be updated and maybe more decorations like wallpaper or random trainers/wild pokemon visit you.

Jerme

stupid
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2010
how about we customize our own house.

also you can buy a house or own property in every city

Grim Reminder

That guy who likes Poison Type
Years
Secret Base?

So, do you think they'll still have Secret Bases in in Black & White?
I mean the 3rd gen style is my personal preference, but the 4th Gen style was good, but not AS good in my opinion.
But anyway do you think they'll bring bases back? and if so which style do you think? Which would you prefer?

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
Years
i would love if the had the r/s/e secret bases. i dont like the ones from the 4th gen. i just think the r/s/e ones where better because you could customize it more depending on where you choose to make it. plus i always managed to forget where mine was in diamond

Years
Yeah, they kinda ruined them in generation 4, it would be nice to see them being more customisable and also with some functionality (eg, being able to heal by sleeping there)

dieter57

pokemon master
Years
well i liked the condo thing in gen 4 but not the under ground base. they should bring back gen threes secret base.:)

Grim Reminder

That guy who likes Poison Type
Years
Wow, I'm glad my thread seems to be getting some replies! :D

Yeah I agree that 3rd gen had the best bases and I think that if brought back secret bases need to be similar to the 3rd gen style.

Yeah, they kinda ruined them in generation 4, it would be nice to see them being more customisable and also with some functionality (eg, being able to heal by sleeping there)

YES! I fully agree, I think the Secret Base should have more functionality such as the healing idea you mentioned plus maybe a full PC (like the ones to swap Pokemon and stuff.)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
So, do you think they'll still have Secret Bases in in Black & White?
I mean the 3rd gen style is my personal preference, but the 4th Gen style was good, but not AS good in my opinion.
But anyway do you think they'll bring bases back? and if so which style do you think? Which would you prefer?
Merged into the existing secret bases thread.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I enjoyed the customization of the secret bases in R/S/E, since there was a lot more to them. It was also a good idea to have them in all various places, so that those who dreamed of their own private tree house could get it that way. It was also something that the player could do on their own without much of a reliance on other players, with the exception of the ability to battle.

But the Underground in D/P/Pt is probably the most fun I've had playing a "minigame" in the main series. I spent hours playing that. The one thing that I didn't like is the reliance on Wireless connections. I don't know anyone else around me that plays Pokemon, so the flag-capturing part of the Underground is something that I've never done.

So for B/W, I'd like to see a combination of the secret bases and the Underground. Make whatever new version there might be as expansive as the Underground, but without the major need for other players and with the various customizations and locations of the secret base.

Back