< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Notices

Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Reply Post Reply

Old January 2nd, 2016 (8:13 AM). Edited January 6th, 2016 by GiovanniViridian.
A World Of Pain!

I'm doing my personal Ultimate Rodent Solo Challenge which is different from the Ultimate Challenge stated, so I'm signing up for my own which counts as a Single anyway.

Username: GiovanniViridian
Partner Pokemon: Raticate for Blue, Furret for Silver, Linoone for Sapphire, Bibarel for Pearl, Watchog for White.
Challenge: (Single or Ultimate) Single (for each)
Game(s): Blue, Silver, Sapphire, Pearl, White

Right now I already got 3 badges for my Raticate in Pokemon Blue, and I'll post screenshots showing my progress for the gyms later.

EDIT: Managed to beat Pokemon Blue with my extremely over-levelled Level 92 Raticate with the help of finding some hidden Rare Candies and battling every single trainer and wild Pokemon encounters! Pokemon Silver and my favorite Normal-type Pokemon Furret here I come!

Currently playing: The Ultimate Rodent Solo Run Challenge Marathon
Pokemon Blue Raticate Run: (8/8) (COMPLETED)
Pokemon Silver Furret Run: (16/16) (JOHTO + KANTO + RED COMPLETED)
Pokemon Sapphire Linoone Run: (8/8) (COMPLETED)
Pokemon Pearl Bibarel Run: (2/8)
Pokemon White Watchog Run: (N/A)

Relevant Advertising!

Old January 6th, 2016 (6:55 PM). Edited January 14th, 2016 by Worldslayer608.
ಥдಥ
Silver Tier

Nature: Calm
This is a re-post, since my 3DS was stolen during my last attempt on this challenge with Omega Ruby

SMEARGLE SOLO CHALLENGE
HARDCORE EDITION

LET THE JOURNEY BEGIN!

So I have decided that I want to take part in a challenge run through Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, but I wanted to to be both challenging, fun, and as interesting as possible. I have decided that I would like my Pokémon to be none other than Smeargle! His ability to Sketch moves allows an very interesting dynamic in that it allows me to Sketch moves that give me type advantages in combat, which somewhat diminishes the challenge in many ways - as it allows me to be far more flexible than a Pokémon that is restricted to moves that are within its typing. The disadvantage here is that I am locked into that move type until I can Sketch another move in 10 levels and I am still bound to the initial Sketch move typing that leaves me vulnerable to any immunity and resistances of every encounter within those 10 levels.

For added challenge I will be implementing a Hardcore rule, in which the only healing items allowed to be used are berries, no potions, revives, or PP restoration items. If Smeargle faints my run will be over and I will have considered the challenge a failure.

Stay tuned for update logs!

Smeargle ¤ Lv.5
Jolly - Moody
Hidden Power | EMPTY | EMPTY | EMPTY

SMEARGLE SOLO CHALLENGE
HARDCORE EDITION

UPDATE #1

Our journey began mid day today as we set off for Rustboro City. Much of the day was spent exploring Route 102 and Route 104 outside of Petalburg City. Dad had asked me to help a boy named Wally catch his first Pokémon and we found a Ralts that was perfect for him!

Route 104 was a great site to see, Smeargle and I spent some time playing in the sand and even challenged another trainer to a short Pokémon battle! After our battle, it was time to continue on with our journey through the Petalburg Woods and onward to Rustboro City to challenge the local Gym Leader to a battle for my first gym badge.

Stepping into the Petalburg Woods had a feeling of great wonder with a hint of an eerie uncertainty lingering in the fresh air. Smeargle and I played in the woods, climbing trees and hiding in the grass. It was not long before we stumbled upon a Devon researcher who was looking for a Shroomish, and was immediately confronted by a thug dressed like a pirate who was demanding that the researcher hand over papers to him. After the thug had threatened me not to cross Team Aqua, he had challenged Smeargle and I to a battle for the papers. His Poochyena and him tried to fight dirty by throwing sand into Smeargle's face using Sand Attack and scare us by letting out a fierce Howl. They were no match for Smeargle's artistic Hidden Power. After his defeat, the thug had scrambled to his feet saying he had other matters to attend to in Rustboro City and he ran off into the woods. The Devon researcher had ran after him in hopes to beat him back to Rustboro City.

Smeargle and I spent a bit more time training in the woods against a few passing bug catchers, in order to better prepare ourselves for our battle against the gym leader of Rustboro City and after a few short victories, had finally made our way to the North side of Route 104.

Upon leaving the Petalburg Woods, we found the Pretty Petal Flower Shop where some wonderful ladies helped teach us a bit more about berry picking and the benefits of using berries. One of them even gave me a Wailmer Pail so that I can water any berries I plant.

We finally made it to Rustboro City and we found a Pokémon Center to rest at for a bit. May met us at the Pokémart and was also preparing to take on the Rustboro City gym leader after she had added a couple more Pokémon to her team. She needs all the help she can get if she wants to pass me up as a Pokémon trainer. Smeargle and I can handle anything together if we just set our mind to it!

After resting up for a bit, we decided to head North to Route 116 to train for a bit before taking on the local gym leader who is named Roxanne, who is apparently an Honor's Student who favors Rock type Pokémon. Fortunately, I had met a Hiker named Clark, who had his Geodude duo to help me prepare for my main battle against Roxanne. He had told me that the best way to combat Rock type Pokémon would be to use a Grass or Water type move, exploiting a weakness for Rock type Pokémon - and with that, it was time for Smeargle to paint his first masterpiece!

Smeargle and I had set out once again, this time back to the South end of Route 104 to see if we could capture the art of a Wingull using Water Gun. With Smeargle and his sketchpad at the ready, we finally bumped into a wild Wingull who was careful not to get too aggressive against Smeargle and I. After a bit of taunting from Smeargle and I, it was only a matter of time until the Wingull was baited into using Water Gun on Smeargle to allow him to Sketch a masterpiece!

It was time to challenge Roxanne to a battle for the Stone Badge! She wasted no time with small talk, and immediately sent out Geodude, who was ready for battle. Water Gun was super effective and quickly knocked out the opposing Geodude. Roxanne's Nosepass was much more durable to the Water attack, and had unleashed a few devastating blows on Smeargle using Rock Tomb. Smeargle was weak, but he had eaten the Oran Berry he was holding on to, in order to unleash a last attack on Nosepass to end the battle. Together, we had defeated Roxanne to earn our very first badge - the Stone Badge!

Our victory was not without peril, Smeargle was gravely injured in the battle and needed immediate medical assistance and I had to rush him to the Rustboro City Pokémon Center where he is currently being taken care of. I should use this time to end my entry for today, and catch up on some much needed rest. Smeargle and we have a long road ahead of us and when he is feeling better, we will head out on our next adventure!

Stay tuned for more update logs!

Smeargle ¤ Lv.16
Jolly - Moody - Quick Claw
Hidden Power | Water Gun | EMPTY | EMPTY

SMEARGLE SOLO CHALLENGE
HARDCORE EDITION
To vanquish without peril is to triumph without glory...
Voted Best Game Designer 2011 on PC
Old January 7th, 2016 (12:48 PM).
POLIWHIRL FOREVER

Nature: Quirky
Username: Farqua12
Partner Pokemon: Skitty
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): LeafGreen, SoulSilver, Emerald, Diamond, White, Y

Hey, randomly felt like doing an ultimate challenge with specifically Skitty. I have no plans on evolving it in any games! Emerald and Y are the only games I will be able to do it legit without third-party software to hack Skitty in. I am going to try my very best.
Old January 8th, 2016 (7:12 AM). Edited January 8th, 2016 by AoTora.

Nature: Calm
Did another Red Randomizer Solo - This time with Audino and I loved it <3 Cannot wait to try to do one one through Unova now <3

Hall of fame:

Final stats:

Akame|Lvl 73
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Ice Beam
Tri Attack
I don't care about EV's or IV's - I play for fun not competitive.
I don't own consoles - I play on emulators on my computer.

Do what you believe in and believe in what you do. All else is a waste of energy and time ~ Nisargadatta.

Love is the only power that can change an enemy into a friend. ~ Martin Luther King.

I am a fan of Criminal Minds, Crossing Jordan and some other series. I am also Harry Potter fan and Disney fan (I love Frozen!) - I also like other animes beside Pokemon.
Old January 8th, 2016 (7:32 AM).

Nature: Docile
Username: Cymry
Partner Pokemon: Lapras
Challenge: Single
Game(s): Y

Going through Y with the cutest Nessie of the sea. Traded an egg over with the egg move Dragon Pulse. Current process just after beating Sycamore:

Cerridwyn the Modest Lapras, ♀, Lv 13
Ability: Water Absorb
Moves: Confuse Ray/Water Gun/Dragon Pulse/Ice Shard
Current Run:

Completed Runs:
Monotype: Normal (Black 2, Omega Ruby), Dark (Y), Ghost (Y), Flying (Y)
Monocolour: Green (White), White (Y)
Time Warp: Progressive Era (White, Y)
Solo: Lapras (Y)
Old January 9th, 2016 (1:39 PM).
Grass, Water, Electric, and Ice user. Fire is bad.

Nature: Modest
Username: ddrox13
Partner Pokemon: Yasuo the Gallade
Game(s): SoulSilver, Alpha Sapphire, Diamond, Black 2, Y (Gallade is exempt from Kanto).

It may be a while before this starts tho. Gonna finish my monotype first.

PO/PS: ddrox13 | IGN: Dylan/Inigo
Challenge Hall of Fame: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...28#post9068028
Random Battle Server Quote:
@Sanguine: i need to stop impulse buying
+Team Bidoof: i hope you aren't in a winery when you're in that mood
Old January 9th, 2016 (2:07 PM).

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrox13 View Post
Username: ddrox13
Partner Pokemon: Yasuo the Gallade
Game(s): SoulSilver, Alpha Sapphire, Diamond, Black 2, Y (Gallade is exempt from Kanto).

It may be a while before this starts tho. Gonna finish my monotype first.
There are some fire red roms that have all the pokemon hacked in. You can use that to do gallade in kanto.

Currently working on
Pokemon Guardian of the Sacred Temple

Shiny Pokemon I have caught: Rapidash (SS), Linoone (E), Spinda (E), Bibarel (Pt), Weedle (FR)

Hall of fame post: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...16&postcount=8
Old January 9th, 2016 (4:34 PM).
Youtube Content Creator

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
There are some fire red roms that have all the pokemon hacked in. You can use that to do gallade in kanto.
That is an option if someone wishes to do so, but gen 4 Pokemon are exempt from the Kanto games, therefore they are not required for an ultimate challenge.
Youtube | Twitter | DeviantArt
Solo Challenge Thread | My Challenges
[ORAS] Pokémon Showdown Live Sessions (Playlist) | Latest Upload [4/2/16]
Let's Play: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team (Playlist) | Latest Upload [4/16/16]
New LP! Pokémon Blue Kaizo Nuzlocke Challenge (Playlist) | Latest Upload [5/3/16]
Old January 9th, 2016 (4:47 PM).

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrystalFlaaffy View Post
That is an option if someone wishes to do so, but gen 4 Pokemon are exempt from the Kanto games, therefore they are not required for an ultimate challenge.
I know just wanted to point it out in case she/he wanted to do a gallade solo in kanto.

Currently working on
Pokemon Guardian of the Sacred Temple

Shiny Pokemon I have caught: Rapidash (SS), Linoone (E), Spinda (E), Bibarel (Pt), Weedle (FR)

Hall of fame post: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...16&postcount=8
Old January 10th, 2016 (3:07 PM).

Nature: Docile
Six badges down and just entering Frost Cavern.
- Cliff Badge: Amaura was unlucky and hit itself four times in confusion. Tyrunt didn't last long with Dragon Pulse.
- Rumble Badge: The Heracross trainer in this gym took a couple of tries. Korrina's Mienfoo and Hawlucha didn't last long with Confuse Ray/Water Pulse, but Machoke gave me some trouble until he just decided to stand there and Leer.
- Grass Badge: Cerridywn learnt Ice Beam right after the Rival fight outside the gym. Easy peesy.
- Voltage Badge: A tricky one but manageable with the Bulldoze TM.
- Fairy Badge: The hardest one so far with Mr. Mime's Light Screen. Managed to wait it out with Cerridwyn's bulk and Leftovers.

Cerridwyn the Modest Lapras, ♀, Lv 47
Ability: Water Absorb
Item: Leftovers
Moves: Thunderbolt/ Surf/ Dragon Pulse/ Ice Beam

Current Run:

Completed Runs:
Monotype: Normal (Black 2, Omega Ruby), Dark (Y), Ghost (Y), Flying (Y)
Monocolour: Green (White), White (Y)
Time Warp: Progressive Era (White, Y)
Solo: Lapras (Y)
Old January 11th, 2016 (1:45 AM). Edited January 11th, 2016 by GiovanniViridian.
A World Of Pain!

Little Update About My Silver Furret Solo Run: Currently finished the first six Johto gyms with my Level 49 (I think) Furret along with getting all the hidden items I'm supposed to get, along with battling every single trainer and wild encounter. Also caught a Shiny Gyarados in my Furret run too. (Which I caught it for the fourth time including hacks)

Once I'm free I'll share my full Blue Raticate solo run since I saved some screenshots for important moments.

EDIT: Decided to showcase my Furret right after beating the Sixth Gym (Jasmine) because why not. The moveset (which I'll most likely keep until the end) is Return, Ice Punch, Shadow Ball, Dig.

Old January 11th, 2016 (11:47 AM).
Be true to yourself

Nature: Gentle
Username - CharmedGardy
Partner Pokemon - Blastoise
Challenge Type - Single
Game - Leaf Green

Current Progress - Just defeated Erika to get my fourth Badge.

Blastoise (Male)
Level 53
Moves - Brick Break, Bite, Water Gun, Rain Dance

A Freshly Scented Garden - Grass Type Club
Current Challenge - Y Fairy Monotype (2/8)
Old January 13th, 2016 (6:02 AM).
A World Of Pain!

After all the escapades of catching an in-game Shiny Gyarados, catching Lugia after getting the Silver Wing, getting Tyrogue after battling almost every annoying wild encounter in Mt Mortar, getting almost every single hidden item (especially Rare Candies) in Johto, I beat the Elite Four and the Champion!

But of course, it's not over yet, as I need to beat Kanto and if I'm confident enough I can challenge Red too!

Old January 13th, 2016 (6:21 PM). Edited January 15th, 2016 by ddrox13.

Eh, I'll set up my formatting later
EDIT: I did stuff, so you do actually get a post now.

Gallade Ultimate Solo Run
SoulSilver (4/16), Alpha Sapphire, Diamond, Black 2, Y

FYI, given the whole Psychic Type thing, I'm assuming that Inigo can communicate telepathically with me. The extent of this will increase as he evolves. It will just be emotions as a Ralts, but he will gain the ability to communicate basic desires as a Kirlia and full conversation once it evolves into Gallade. Which will be amusing. Oh, and Inigo will probably do a lot of things that I wanted to do in the games but the character did not because this is a kids game. Like gut punching the rival when he is being a dick.

Things that happen:
Spoiler:
Why hello there! I quickly realize that I need to hack in a Ralts at Lv6, because Growl OP. So I do so. After introductions, we complete the tutorial and train up a bit. I grab a Sentret to use as an HM slave, and we head off to Violet City.

I find the Sprout Tower annoying. However, Inigo sees it as good training. So, we train up and get an TM Flash as a reward. How useless. Whatever. I eventually convince Inigo to come to the gym. The ease of the gym trainers makes Inigo feel eager for a good battle. Falkner's Pidgeotto would have defeated Inigo, but a lucky confusion from, uhhhhh, Confusion earns us the first badge! Inigo is very happy about all of this.

After a short rest, we go south and eventually arrive in Azalea Town. I notice Team Rocket at the well in town, and Inigo runs to try and scare them off. I recall Inigo to his pokeball for the first time since we met, and go get help from Kurt. When Kurt hurts his back, Inigo could not be happier to go beat up the rest of Team Rocket in his place. A few Confusions later, and we reach an executive, and Proton falls to another two Confusions. As thanks, Kurt offers to make me some Pokeballs, but I need the Apricorns for Poketathalon later.

Next, we head to the gym. Inigo stays back, at which point I learn that he is scared of bugs. Great. So I decide to take him into Ilex Forest for a bit of training to build his confidence when... Oh, hey Rugan. Rugan tells me that I didn't beat Team Rocket and challenges me to a battle. His Gastly Meanly Looks at Inigo, which frightens him a bit. However, I snap him out of it and Confusion wins out. Zubat is up next, and it dies before anything of use occurs. Croconaw is Rugan's last Pokemon. Double Team allows me to evade a few Bites, and Inigo eventually wins out with Confusion. Inigo also hits Lv20 in this fight, meaning he evolves into Kirlia! Good work! Inigo helps the Cutter find his Farfetched, and learns Magical Leaf.

Next, it’s gym time at last. Evolution seems to have cleared up some of the fear of Bugs, and the gym trainers fall easily. Bugsy’s Scyther manages to knock Inigo out once with U-Turn, but upon Revive he sets up 6 Double Teams on Metapod and cleans house. Badge get!

Long story short, we went to Goldenrod next and beat Whitney. No contest.

I plan to attack the Pokeathalon at this point, but I then realize that Dawn Stones are only post-NatDex. However, I do evolve my Sentret into Furret for the greater HM selection and additional cuteness, and the egg that I never bothered to box hatches into Togepi, who can fly once it evolves. We will be hacking a Dawn Stone in after Morty. Speaking of Morty…

As we head north to Ecruteak, Inigo notices an odd tree in our path. I find the odd tree to be odd. As I discuss what to do with the tree with a nearby girl, Inigo telepathically takes the Squirtbottle out of my bag and smacks the tree with it. The odd tree does not like the Squirtbottle. Inigo doesn’t like the odd tree. The girl rewards me with some Berry Pots and a few Oran and Pecha Berries. I politely thank her and bury them deep within my Bag.

After retracing my steps for some TMs (and to learn that Kirlia can’t learn Thunder), we reach Ecruteak at last. Inigo quickly expresses distaste at the Gym Leader’s absence, and gets quite annoyed when Rugan shows up. However, when Cursed by Gastly, Inigo goes on a complete rampage and murders said Gastly and Zubat. Croconaw KOes Inigo again thanks to the curse, but not before a couple Magical Leafs slay the croc. A revive and a few Confusions take out Magnemite, and we are done here. Well, after we see three legendaries in one place.

NOW it’s gym time. Even if Ghost is strong against Psychic, every Pokémon in this gym is weak to it as a Poison type. All the trainers go down in 1 Confusion per Pokémon, Morty lets Inigo set up 3 Double Teams and a Calm Mind so he can sweep. After the battle, I am forced to deny Inigo evolution into Gardevoir, as this is a Gallade run.

At this point, it is now the time to activate Inigo’s final form by hacking in a Dawn Stone, and at last, I have a Gallade. “And it’s about time too,” was Inigo’s input into the matter. Anyway, as we currently only have Special attacks and there is no increase in that stat upon evolution, I decide we need some physical moves. Drian Punch seems like an ideal candidate, so my destination is Route 37. When I asked Inigo weather he wanted to go to Cianwood or Mahogany for our next gym, he decides that running back to Mahogany is pointless now. So, we head to Olivine, picking up Drain Punch and learning Psycho Cut along the way so that Inigo can attack off of its 100 Attack stat rather than it’s 51 SpAtk stat.

Upon arrival in Olivine, Rugan shows up AGAIN and ridicules the Gym Leader for being a kind person. He pushes me aside, to which Inigo responds with a Drain Punch to Rugan’s face. He then proceeds to act innocent until I glare at him, at which point he admits he wanted to do that for a long time (I can't blame him). I whip out my Journal and write, uhhh, this. We are bunking here for tonight, I’ll deal with the Lighthouse tomorrow.

Inigo (Gallade) Lv31
Male | Adamant (Atk>SpAtk) | Steadfast
- Psycho Cut
- Magical Leaf
- Shadow Ball
- Drain Punch

Old January 15th, 2016 (3:46 AM).
A World Of Pain!

Managed to get all 8 Kanto badges (along with catching Level 70 Ho-oh with a Master Ball) and beat Red. Trying to get pass the first room of Mt. Silver without the help of Flash (since I wanted to face Red with only my Furret) is a pain though since I don't know where I am and it takes some trial and error.

Still, glad that I managed to Solo Complete Gen 2. Next up is Linoone for Sapphire but I'll take a break for now due to personal activities:

Old January 15th, 2016 (2:55 PM).

SoulSilver (6/16), Alpha Sapphire, Diamond, Black 2, Y

Yaaaaawn.

Things that happen:
Spoiler:
Inigo gets really bored when just battling random trainers, as he took a total of 12 damage the entire way up the Lighthouse, and to Cianwood, and through the Cianwood gym. Sigh.

At this point, I realize that Togepi hasen't hit max happiness yet, and can't evolve. so I have to surf all the way back to Olivine to challenge the gym. Jasmine's Magnemites were no problem, but her Steelix... Took a few hits. It did eventually fall, and Inigo has earned me my 6th badge.

Inigo claims he feels tired for the first time in a long while, so I give him a rest and let Furret help me capture a Farfetch'd to Fly on. Then Fly we do to Eutreack, en route to Mahogany. I call it a day here.

Inigo (Gallade) Lv37 @ Miracle Seed
- Psycho Cut
- Magical Leaf
- Shadow Ball
- Drain Punch

Old January 18th, 2016 (12:02 AM).
Houndoom Fan

Nature: Bold
Oh my goodness. Goldeen/Seaking is really difficult to solo in Blue. Since a water move doesn't come until after Seaking, I need to use TMs. First Water Gun then Bubblebeam. Since neither came before Brock is was a slow crawl to beat him. Misty was not too bad. Surge was all based on luck. I wasn't sure I could take a Thunderbolt. I get Thundershocked and live. Bubblebeam slows Raichu down enough that 1. I can outspeed it and 2. Maybe trigger Surge's AI to X Speed. And this struggle train is not done since I still have to fight Erika.

Badges: 3/8

Neptune the Goldeen
Level 32
-Peck
-Horn Attack
-Bubblebeam
-Fury Attack

Username: ShinyHoundoom
Partner Pokemon: Rapidash
Game(s): Blue

This one is for streaming and videos for Youtube. Its on something separate from the Seaking Solo.
Current Challenges
Solo them all
Current Pokemon: Seaking 4/8, Rapidash 1/8
All types Monotype in X
Current Type: Poison 0/8
HeartGold Nuzlocke: 1/16

Completed Challenges
All types Monotype in X: Grass
Solo them all: Feraligatr, Houndoom
Fire Monotype: Fire Red
Poison Monotype: Fire Red
Old January 24th, 2016 (9:08 PM). Edited February 12th, 2016 by ddrox13.

SoulSilver (7/16), Alpha Sapphire, Diamond, Black 2, Y

Back and ready for action with a niiiiice long update. AS should be starting soon.
Things that happen:
Spoiler:
So we pick up from Eutreak City and go east to Route 42, at which point some hiker bumps into us and hands us Strength. How useless. We also find a TM Shadow Claw, which will be great for… Gallade can’t learn Shadow Claw. Right.

We arrive in Mahogany Town to find the closed gym, a tree with antenna sticking out, and a souvenir shop. The sign outside says “Just A Souvenir Shop, Nothing Suspicious About It No Need To Be Alarmed” [Very funny whoever wrote this, but I call BS]. I agree with Inigo, and we begin to search for the truth. However, our only lead is from the guy guarding they gym, who claims to have seen someone walking back and forth from the Lake of Rage. Let’s go there next. After I buy some RageCandyBar ofc.

On the way to the lake of Rage, I go thru a gate. Inside are some people who are CLEARLY not from team Rocket [Yea right, brats]. They seem to want to toll me to pass through. Inigo punches the first guy in the gut and we take the long way around. It would be worth if it weren’t just a bunch of Pokemaniacs with Lv20 Nidorino to train off. Upon reaching the lake, it randomly starts raining. I pass it off as Nintendo Logic, but Inigo seems to thing that Team Rocket may have something to do with this. Whatever. I surf out into the middle of the lake and find a shiny Gyarados (and a metric ton of Magikarp). Cool, I guess? Welp, Inigo kills it (after taking waaaay more damage than he bargained for) and we get a cool Red Scale and meet this Lance character, who introduces himself as “a trainer like [me]” (this is important later). Whatever, that Dragonite looks strong. He asks me to investigate the cause of the Magikarp’s evolution, which I agree to. So we enter the Souvenir Shop and find Lance’s Dragonite Hyper Beaming someone. Inigo approves of this, and we search the hidden Team Rocket hideout

Inside, we find a number of Persian statues that turn out to be traps. Fun Fact: the Grunts triggered by the statues have the same Pokémon and say the same lines no matter which statue is triggered. Yay, more Rocket scum to beat up. And after Inigo beats up enough Rocket Grunt’s Pokémon (and a few Rocket Grunts), we find Petrel’s office. As I’m about to enter the password, who would show up but Rugan. Inigo wastes no time flooring him and we enter the boss room. Executive Petrel is only slightly less pitiful than his minions, and falls easily. I head to the transmitter room and Petrel’s Murkrow opens the room for us. However, Executive Ariana shows up with one of her goons to annoy us. Lance shows to make the battle 2-on-2, and Ariana still uses Poison types. After smacking 3 Electrode to power off the Generator, we return to the surface to find the gym open at last.

We fight a few of the Gym Trainers to see if they offer any resistance, and they don’t. We then challenge the Gym Leader to see if he offers any resistance, and he doesn’t.

Upon exiting the gym, I receive a call from professor Elm telling me that Team Rocket has taken over the radio broadcasts. Great. Time to go deal with THAT again… Later. For now, We are calling it a night at the Goldenrod Pokemart.

Inigo (Gallade) Lv41 @ Miracle Seed
- Psycho Cut
- Magical Leaf
- Shadow Ball
- Drain Punch

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

EDIT: OH COME ON, SOMEONE POST SO I DON'T HAVE TO DOUBLE

SoulSilver (Johto/16), Alpha Sapphire, Diamond, Black 2, Y

And with that, Inigo and I are the Champions of Johto! YAY!

Things that happen:
Spoiler:
I’ll summarize here, Team Rocket gets rekt. Everything gets OHKOed. NEXT!

After making our way through the Ice Path, we reach Blackthorn City. At this point, I remember that I have no Heart Scales. So we go fix that.

The gym is pitiful. Nothing survives a Psycho Cut or Leaf Blade. At this point, Clair decides to be a whiny rattata about it rather than give me the damn badge and tells us to go to the Dragon’s Den and take a test she knows we will fail. Inigo, however, thinks that taking the badge by brute force is a better option. Eventually, I convince him to come to the Den anyway, and I pass Clair’s stinky test. Then we gtfo.

Elm calls and wants us to visit him in NBT, so Farfetch’d flies us there and we receive a Master Ball and learn that the Kimono Girls are waiting for me in the Eutreack Theater. Great! Time to go there.

I arrive at the theater and am greeted by Rugan. Inigo is about to floor him again when he complains about the Kimono Girls being strong. Great. Battles. Espeon scares me by surviving a Shadow Ball (I need another Heart Scale ASAP), and Jolteon does by outspeeding my Lv50 Gallade at Lv38. But we survive, and receive a bell and word of Lugia showing up @ the Whirl Islands.

After Furret and the Dratini I caught in the Dragon’s Den ferry us over to the Whirl Islands, we go down to see the Kimono girls dancing. Eventually Lugia shows up. Lugia proves a worthy opponent for Inigo, but my boy takes down the LV45 Legendary.

With no other leads, we decide to head to the Pokémon League next. After travelling thru the real Victory Road (Routes 27 & 26) and the fake one, we finally reach… Wait what are YOU doing here?

Rugan’s battle music is one of my favorite tracks ever. Upbeat, nice distinct sections, and it really fits Rugan’s character. It’s a shame it only gets to play for 30 seconds at a time before Inigo defeats his 6 Pokémon in 6 turns.

Indigo Plateau is a bit imposing, but it’s nothing that we can’t handle. Besides, Inigo is already 4 levels higher than the Champion’s ace. The issue is that he has nothing to hit any of Will’s Pokémon, so I smash rocks for 20 minutes to find another Heart Scale with which to teach him Night Slash.

Will is the first member of the E4 we face. 4 Night Slashes and a Leaf Blade later, we move on.

Either my ROM is glitching or Koga’s sprite is the same as Will’s. The fact that the move animations fail to play tell me that it’s glitching. Whatever. Forretress is the only of Koga’s Pokémon that shows any form of resistance, forcing more Drain Punches than I wanted to expend. A quick save and reload fixes the glitch, and we are onto Bruno.

Bruno is also laughably easy, and Inigo seems to be getting annoyed that nothing is providing him with a challenge. I tell him to wait for the Champion, and we move into the next room.

Karen’s Umbreon facetanks a Drain Punch, which is cause for concern. Eventually, she switches it out for Gengar, who falls easily. The rest are no problem.

We enter the final room to discover that the champion is none other than Lance. How dandy. More Dragons.

VS LANCE:
Gyarados: His G-Dos Intimidates Inigo, and then KOes him. Great. We revive up at the cost of Dratini’s life, and KO the annoying fish.
Charizard: C-Zard fails to KO with Shadow Claw, and Inigo does not fail to 2HKO with Psycho Cut
Aerodactyl: A few more HM slaves are needed to revive Inigo, but eventually he survives with 3 HP
Dragonite (Lv50): Outrage confuses him (eventually) and I get lucky with 2 Confusion rolls and a Psycho Cut crit.
Dragonite (Lv49): After the most haxy single battle I have seen in a while, Inigo takes the dragon down without a crit ☺
Dragonite (Lv49): Psycho Cut crits for the only OHKO of this fight. GGWP

Now tired as heck and excited after fighting a worthy opponent for the first time in a very long time, We return to NBT and call it a day in my niiiiiice warm bed.

Inigo (Gallade) Lv57 @ Amulet Coin
- Psycho Cut
- Night Slash
- Leaf Blade
- Drain Punch

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

EDIT: Seriously, is no one else doing this challenge?

SoulSilver (Complete!), Alpha Sapphire, Diamond, Black 2, Y

Things that happen
Spoiler:
This was sooo boring. Like seriously.

First priority here is getting a functional held item. So, Inigo and I head to the Battle Frontier. After 100 consecutive wins in the Battle Hall, we pick up a Razor Claw to give Leaf Blade, Psycho Cut and Night Slash a 25% chance to crit.

Then, Onto Kanto!

Lt Surge was the first Leader we challenged. Not like it was much of a challenge tho, as Inigo swept with ease

Janine, Misty, Brock, Erika, and Blaine (in that order) all met the same fate. Nothing could so much as scratch Inigo

Blue was a bit different. His Pidgeot caused major problems, but a well-timed crit ended it just as Trick Room expired, and the rest is history. Too lazy to train for red, maybe later. For now, Inigo and I will bask in our victory before he reincarnates in another game

Inigo (Gallade) Lv68 @ Razor Claw
- Psycho Cut
- Night Slash
- Leaf Blade
- Drain Punch

Old January 28th, 2016 (3:50 PM). Edited January 28th, 2016 by TheCrystalFlaaffy.
Youtube Content Creator

Big update for my Blastoise challenge, both Blue and Crystal Done! :D

Also I'll try updating the OP before the end of the weekend

Challenge
Spoiler:
Forum User Name: TheCrystalFlaaffy
Type: Blastoise
Games: Pokémon Blue | Pokémon Crystal | Pokémon Emerald | Pokémon Platinum | Pokémon White 2 | Pokémon Y
Pokémon Blue:
Spoiler:
Badges

Hall Of Fame
Spoiler:

Nautilus
Level 67
Dig | Strength | Surf | Ice Beam
Pokémon Crystal:
Spoiler:
Badges

Hall Of Fame
Spoiler:

Nautilus
Level 71 | Nevermeltice
Surf | Earthquake | Icy Wind | Bite
Let's Play: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team (Playlist) | Latest Upload [4/16/16]
New LP! Pokémon Blue Kaizo Nuzlocke Challenge (Playlist) | Latest Upload [5/3/16]
Old January 31st, 2016 (5:39 AM). Edited February 1st, 2016 by GiovanniViridian.
A World Of Pain!

Sorry for the hiatus, I'm almost finishing my Linoone Solo Run in Sapphire, and it was a huge struggle at least in the beginning, especially Roxanne (where I have to use tons of battle boost items since my Zigzagoon had a limited moveset and her Geodude and Nosepass are way too difficult to deal with especially with Geodude trying to spam Defense Curls) and trainers who have Arons. I managed to beat them and I'm also accumulating my Rare Candies which I have altogether 20 of them so far based on hidden items, items which I can find on land and Linoone's Pick-Up Ability. I plan to use these Rare Candies right before I face the Elite 4.

I already got all 8 badges, but I decided to explore some more places which I haven't visited yet such as optional areas like Route 133 and I'm currently at the Trick House (the final one, actually). I'm also really close to having my first Level 100 Pokemon and at this point it's even higher than my Pokemon Silver's Furret which is Level 96.

Linoone Level 78
Moveset: Return, Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, Surf

Spoiler:

EDIT: Already beat the Elite 4 and I finally got my very first Level 100 Pokemon! The only place I haven't visited which can be accessed before beating the Champion is the Safari Zone but it's nothing special there. Overall, it's really really difficult especially at the beginning and looks like I'm going to face an even bigger challenge which is my Bidoof/Bibarel in Pokemon Pearl!

Spoiler:

Old February 1st, 2016 (10:42 PM).
Youtube Content Creator

OP updated to post #3097 :]
Old February 5th, 2016 (9:04 AM).
A World Of Pain!

Already got two badges in my Bibarel Pearl run. Surprisingly it's not hard so far at the beginning. Grinding my caught Bidoof at Level 2 to Level 8 took almost an hour, and I'm glad I got the Pluck TM and it worked for my Bibarel as it worked very well against Gardenia. That, and before this, my Bidoof evolved into Bibarel just before I faced the first gym which I could use Water Gun often which was easy.

Currently at the optional WayWard Cave event, and forcing myself to grind through all the Zubats and Bronzors until I finish it (Nope, I'm not using Repels since all these EXP I got from there will be great enough to get high levelled)

Old February 5th, 2016 (7:52 PM).

Totally just created an account for the purpose of signing up for a couple challenges :'D

Sign-Up Form
Username:
Partner Pokemon: Luxray
Game(s): Y

Current Progress: 2/8 badges attained

FRIGHTFUL the LUXRAY
female, lvl. 34
adamant, intimidate
double kick | ice fang | night slash | fire fang

Old February 7th, 2016 (12:48 PM). Edited February 7th, 2016 by Relica.
Worst Player Ever

Nature: Quiet
So I figure I might as well do another fire starter Pokemon cause those are usually my favorite.

Username: Relica
Partner Pokemon: Charizard
Game(s): Red, Gold, Emerald, Platinum, White, Y

Expect me to be done with half of this by tonight at my pace.

Guess who's done with Red. Onto Gold.

Spoiler:

Gold is done. Did up to Red since it's a joke in GSC. Onto Emerald, can I get another game in before someone else posts?
Spoiler:

Well there goes Emerald. As an added Bonus, I went ahead and did Steven as well. Surprisingly he isn't that difficult with Charizard. Even with most of his Mons knowing ancient power it wasn't that big of a deal. Emerald was the most difficult so far though, and I imagine it will only get worse till Y. Hardest hump in the game was actually Brawly though. He took the most retries at like 3 attempts? That being said it was certainly a lot more difficult than Red or Gold.
Spoiler:
My favorite Pokemon lists:
http://i.imgur.com/BiFbNBd.png [Primary]

http://i.imgur.com/FTAYAoP.png [Secondary]

http://i.imgur.com/vDZKa49.jpg [Mega]

https://i.imgur.com/3I6QKAi.png [Top 3]

Old February 7th, 2016 (10:02 PM).
weirdguybuizel

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to waveguidebuizel
Well I haven't been here in awhile. Let's kick things off with a solo I'm somewhat familiar with.

Username: waveguidebuizel
Partner Pokemon: Treecko
Game(s): FR, HG, AS, Pt, W2, Y

I actually don't have AS or Y available at the moment, but I can start on the others. And is it alright if I also start another Ultimate solo run while this one's still going on?
Completed Solo Runs
Treecko: FR (3 KOs) | HG (29 KOs)
Buizel: Pt (5 KOs)
Reply Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links