• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official PokéCommunity Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
None of your AMVs can beat this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpNn_Wp8oAo

lol, I actually liked Ikarishipping. The part in the Sinnoh league episodes where Dawn imitates when Paul forgot her name was funny XD

Cute eNny~

Spoiler:

Thanks AK! I know what my bedtime reading will be now! ...oh gees that sounded wrong given the content... *_*

o__________________________________0 Oh lol, I actually laughed. Poor, poor, Shedinjareese. Don't worry, when you start getting to people's comments about how they think May getting STDs and getting pregnant then having a miscarriage would be good "emotional" end to the story, you know every single person who rated this as a good fanfic is an idiot. The misinformation of these young 12 year olds is amazing. Just get to the part where none of them understand anything about when girls get periods and when they can get pregnant. Failures.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Meh. That's not even shipping, but this is much more funnier:

The only strong enough thing here right now would be a three way hell fire bar fight between Negai, CafeMocha, and Wishful.
Love triangle. :3
(I heart the Rocketshipping ones...:P).
I can't find any good rocketshipping AMV's T.T.
o.o'
What's with this sudden growing trend of posting Shipping Youtube videos? I hope I didn't start this. xD;;
Why do you think I haven't posted >__>
Well if you both looked back I started sharing them, but how can you support shippings without not liking AMV's? If anything the whole shipping thing started because of AMV's, youtube has the biggest shipping community on the web and you call yourself a shipper

I had added it to my favorites a while back. I thought it was really good. Rissychan makes good videos. We both found out that we liked Wishfulshipping during our discussions before more clips of it came out.
All her videos are epic, she started the Ikarishipping thread in serebii legend. She's given me some advise on videos, she's pretty epic. :D

This is sooo epic - another masterpeice by Commanderpigg:

Never knew this ship existed, and where did scott come from?? xD

Another wishfulshipping video:

XDXDXDDXDXDXD The ending with dento is sooo funny.

Last edited:

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Meh. That's not even shipping, but this is much more funnier:

Seen that before, years ago. There used to be a Drew's Happy Song, and that was hilarious. That one does not compare. Too bad it was deleted...

how can you support shippings without not liking AMV's? If anything the whole shipping thing started because of AMV's, youtube has the biggest shipping community on the web and you call yourself a shipper

Because most AMVs are terrible, out of sync or not in sync at all, and have nothing to do with the lyrics. Windows Movie Maker = fail. Emo songs to random Pokemon are just weird.

Wait, what, is this about Piplup and Scott from bgmf? o___O LOL All the comments he's saying makes sense, then. Is Gliscor'd supposed to be Scott's new account there or something? Or is that another guy and Scott's in the middle or something? I did always like this little pic that Piplup had for his sig http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/999/scottweedle.png This stuff makes me want to go back to bmgf again XD

Well, haha, that AMV is funny, anyway. An AMV for forum members XD

CommanderPigg

Dento used bishie sparkles!
Years

Oh lawls now I can see why "Day inside May" is horrible. I never got into Pokeshipping. When I started watching Pokemon I wasn't much into couples. The only shipping that I actually like Ash with is Advanceshipping.

I actually don't like any Ash x Main girl shipping that much...Before BW, I'd say that I liked Advanceshipping the most, but not enough to like read fanfiction or look up art...just kinda enough to say "Oh, it's a bit cute."

Negaishipping is cuter though, I'll have to admit. The BW group is the first one that I ship all three ways and at the same time ;)

This place is getting boring without any bar fights serious debates. Can someone please make a controversial statement related to shipping? ;D

Ikarishipping and Pearl pales in comparison to Coma. It's the truth.

Wait, what, is this about Piplup and Scott from bgmf? o___O LOL All the comments he's saying makes sense, then. Is Gliscor'd supposed to be Scott's new account there or something? Or is that another guy and Scott's in the middle or something? I did always like this little pic that Piplup had for his sig. This stuff makes me want to go back to bmgf again XD

Well, haha, that AMV is funny, anyway. An AMV for forum members XD

Oh Sh- This old thing! Uh, yeah...it's Scott and Pip from BMGF. He changed his name to "Gliscor'd" when Gliscor left to battle with the air master...I was so surprised to see that they actually had clips for that o_o;

I made it because there was a fanclub honoring their shipping (AlwaysArguingShipping). This was the vid that made me into a mod lol.

Oh, and thank you for the image! I was looking for that everywhere! Some people still support Weedle x Scott over Scott x Pip...and if you lurk their VMs, Gible (AKA Hellion) x Scott is pretty popular too ;P

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Seen that before, years ago. There used to be a Drew's Happy Song, and that was hilarious. That one does not compare. Too bad it was deleted...
Same here but it was much better than that crap you mosted. :P Harley FTW.

Because most AMVs are terrible, out of sync or not in sync at all, and have nothing to do with the lyrics. Windows Movie Maker = fail. Emo songs to random Pokemon are just weird.
Well that doesn't go by what I was saying because I was sharing videos made with sony vegas (including my ones) which weren't bad. I didn't share any emo songs either? o.O

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
No problem! And yeah, I always thought Ikarishipping would be a rather abusive relationship. But you're right, there are a heckuva lot of videos on Youtube about it. O_o And I don't even peruse those videos (I heart the Rocketshipping ones...:P).

Oh yeah. The main shipping I thought was funny was Paul x Ash. There is already a shipping for Paul x Iris. I don't remember the name of the shipping though. We need more Twinleafshipper love. There where a few episodes of Twinleafshipping whenever Dawn sees Barry. -and has all of those clips downloaded too- Rocketshipping is also cute. I never made a video on them yet.

lol, I actually liked Ikarishipping. The part in the Sinnoh league episodes where Dawn imitates when Paul forgot her name was funny XD

Oh lawls I remember that part of the episode. A lot of Ikarishippers loved episode 186 because of the short Ikarishipping moment.

All her videos are epic, she started the Ikarishipping thread in serebii legend. She's given me some advise on videos, she's pretty epic. :D

Another wishfulshipping video:

XDXDXDDXDXDXD The ending with dento is sooo funny.

I saw some of her bulletins on Youtube about her Ikarishipping thread. I'm surprised she never made a account on here yet. She usually posts in my videos as well and gives me small advice. Oh wait, there is a shipping on Piplup and Gliscor? I would imagine a shipping on Piplup and Pikachu.

I love Satoshi's face at the very end when he watched Dento. Since we are posting Wishfulshipping videos:

Note: Video made for Christmas

I actually don't like any Ash x Main girl shipping that much...Before BW, I'd say that I liked Advanceshipping the most, but not enough to like read fanfiction or look up art...just kinda enough to say "Oh, it's a bit cute."

Negaishipping is cuter though, I'll have to admit. The BW group is the first one that I ship all three ways and at the same time ;)

I don't usually look up fanfics on shippings. Maybe artwork for a AMV. Negaishipping is cute but I'm starting to love Wishfulshipping even more(They are always standing next to each other in almost every episode). It's already becoming popular like Ikarishipping on Youtube.

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016

Oh lawls I remember that part of the episode. A lot of Ikarishippers loved episode 186 because of the short Ikarishipping moment.
Heh, Ikarishipping is my number 1 favourite shipping actually, I've been a fan ever since they had that little scamble in roarks gym. I liked that episode too though, it was the first time they were alone together, but they were only talking about Ash.
I made a crappy ikarishipping video along time ago (can't be bothered sharing it because it's old)

I saw some of her bulletins on Youtube about her Ikarishipping thread. I'm surprised she never made a account on here yet. She usually posts in my videos as well and gives me small advice. Oh wait, there is a shipping on Piplup and Gliscor? I would imagine a shipping on Piplup and Pikachu.
She probably didn't because shipping discussion is very limited in this fourm, in only one thread - the anime section isn't very active accept for us regulars. (and all the lurkers ¬.¬)

I love Satoshi's face at the very end when he watched Dento. Since we are posting Wishfulshipping videos:

Note: Old video I made for Christmas.

Wow thats a pretty awsome video, I don't like the sparkles you used though. :\

I don't usually look up fanfics on shippings. Maybe artwork for a AMV. Negaishipping is cute but I'm starting to love Wishfulshipping even more(They are always standing next to each other in almost every episode). It's already becoming popular like Ikarishipping on Youtube.
I haven't really seen much popularity for it untill Rissychan made that video, but other than that, I agree it's a cool shipping.

Im suprised how active this thread is becoming - let's keep this up! :3

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Waah, ;_; Too much Wishfulshipping. I hate it. Makes me wanna cry.

Spoiler:

Completely Off Topic Edit: OMG, when I searched "Pokemon Negaishipping" for that, this baby appeared in the first page as well XD

Spoiler:

Last edited:

CommanderPigg

Years

Oh yeah. The main shipping I thought was funny was Paul x Ash. There is already a shipping for Paul x Iris. I don't remember the name of the shipping though.

I think Paul x Iris is called BlackDiamondShipping.

Oh wait, there is a shipping on Piplup and Gliscor? I would imagine a shipping on Piplup and Pikachu.
Well, not in the anime, lol. I just used scenes from the anime to represent two forum members from Bulbagarden whose usernames were Piplup and Gliscor'd (and Gliscor'd used to be called Scott85).

I don't usually look up fanfics on shippings. Maybe Yeah, I artwork for a AMV. Negaishipping is cute but I'm starting to love Wishfulshipping even more(They are always standing next to each other in almost every episode). It's already becoming popular like Ikarishipping on Youtube.
I only look up fanfics for specific shippings because I'm extremely picky when it comes to writing...I'm free game with amvs and fanart though XD Yeah, I'm beginning to notice that a lot of ikarishippers are also wishfulshippers...

Heh, Ikarishipping is my number 1 favourite shipping actually, I've been a fan ever since they had that little scamble in roarks gym. I liked that episode too though, it was the first time they were alone together, but they were only talking about Ash.
I made a crappy ikarishipping video along time ago (can't be bothered sharing it because it's old)

I used to be adamantly anti-ikarishipping. This is because:

1. Many of those shippers couldn't accept that fact that it was a crack shipping (at that time, they hardly interacted at all)
2. It was waaaay more popular than I thought it should be...it was taking away art from the comashipping community :<
3. I hated it when people made it one sided on Paul's side. I'm willing to accept that Dawn could have a little crush on Paul since she was the one pursuing him (kinda...), but this wasn't usually the case in fanfictions and fanart and AMVs. It just opens the door for sooo much OOCness.

Now, this isn't to say that I don't like looking up Ikari fanworks. I mean, I was pretty much forced to considering how popular it is on YT. I think that a lot of the AMVs and art are admittedly...cute.

What also perturbs me is the fact that people will use comashipping scenes in their ikari amv...that sunset scene was meant for ASH and PAUL...:<

LOL, a bit j/king with the last part...but really, just save yourself the trouble and make a coma vid :)

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016

What a sexy name. ;)

1. Many of those shippers couldn't accept that fact that it was a crack shipping (at that time, they hardly interacted at all)
Maybe at the time it may have been crack but after time passed they had much more scenes together, plus it isn't just about the anime - shipping is all about the fans, it doesn't have hint's etc in the anime.
2. It was waaaay more popular than I thought it should be...it was taking away art from the comashipping community :<
Why is that even a reason? xD
3. I hated it when people made it one sided on Paul's side. I'm willing to accept that Dawn could have a little crush on Paul since she was the one pursuing him (kinda...), but this wasn't usually the case in fanfictions and fanart and AMVs. It just opens the door for sooo much OOCness.
I agree somewhat with that, I always liked the shipping because they seemed so dangerous together. :3 Dawn obviously likes wild men, not the boring type like kenny

Now, this isn't to say that I don't like looking up Ikari fanworks. I mean, I was pretty much forced to considering how popular it is on YT. I think that a lot of the AMVs and art are admittedly...cute.
Preach.gif

What also perturbs me is the fact that people will use comashipping scenes in their ikari amv...that sunset scene was meant for ASH and PAUL...:<
Just another way to make the AMV more believable, Dawn did look worried whilst he was leaving though.
LOL, a bit j/king with the last part...but really, just save yourself the trouble and make a coma vid :)
Heh, I might do so actually. :3 I need a song though... Plus I have to wait for my PC to be repaired, it's got sony vegas on it.

CommanderPigg

Years

Maybe at the time it may have been crack but after time passed they had much more scenes together, plus it isn't just about the anime - shipping is all about the fans, it doesn't have hint's etc in the anime.

I'm aware of this, and I'm totally okay with people pairing crack shippings. Trust me, I get pretty annoyed when people rely solely on hints to justify their pairing. But whenever they say that Ikari has more "hints" than Coma, I tend to go into a rage fit XD

Why is that even a reason? xD

Because I'm jealous and bitter

I agree somewhat with that, I always liked the shipping because they seemed so dangerous together. :3 Dawn obviously likes wild men, not the boring type like kenny

Hehe, Dawn can have a million characterizations when it comes to shipping. I think that she was trying to do what only Ash could to Paul though: melt his frozen heart ;P (which is actually a big theme in both coma and ikari...interesting to note). I'm a penguinshipper D:

Just another way to make the AMV more believable, Dawn did look worried whilst he was leaving though.

Yes, I know, I know...but it's a comashipping scene they're using...One day, I'll steal an Ikari scene for a coma vid, you just wait ;P

And please, Dawn wasn't the one bursting his lungs to pursue the boy in question XD

Heh, I might do so actually. :3 I need a song though... Plus I have to wait for my PC to be repaired, it's got sony vegas on it.

Oh, would you really do that? :D *retracts all the statements about ikarishipping* Hope it gets fixed soon! I'd hate to be separated by my own computer...it's like my lifeline XD

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years

I think I made two Ikarishipping videos before and that was for the "Ikarishipping MEP" that RIssychan had made.

She probably didn't because shipping discussion is very limited in this fourm, in only one thread - the anime section isn't very active accept for us regulars. (and all the lurkers ¬.¬)

Or maybe she never heard of Pokecommunity yet. Hopefully she'll join later on even if shipping is limited. I had a Serebii but I forgot my username and had barely posted on there. -was a lurker-

Wow thats a pretty awsome video, I don't like the sparkles you used though. :\

I think I had too much fun with the sparkles. I always had a hard time figuring out what should I add in the background of my videos.

I haven't really seen much popularity for it untill Rissychan made that video, but other than that, I agree it's a cool shipping.

Im suprised how active this thread is becoming - let's keep this up! :3

Rissychan usually seems to bring a lot of popularity to the new shippings like she did with Ikarishipping. I think I made a Wishfulshipping for my first time after she made her video although I was trying to work on one before she made a video on it.

Waah, ;_; Too much Wishfulshipping. I hate it. Makes me wanna cry.

I made a Negaishipping AMV before but here is another Negaishipping video I found:

Ah now I remember. It's a weird crack shipping I can tell you that much.

Well, not in the anime, lol. I just used scenes from the anime to represent two forum members from Bulbagarden whose usernames were Piplup and Gliscor'd (and Gliscor'd used to be called Scott85).

Lol but it is pretty cute though. Now I'm starting to like Piplup x Gliscor now and I loved how you did the Bulbagarden screenshots in the background. Didn't know you made it and that's a cute idea what you did.

I only look up fanfics for specific shippings because I'm extremely picky when it comes to writing...I'm free game with amvs and fanart though XD Yeah, I'm beginning to notice that a lot of ikarishippers are also wishfulshippers...

I'm a bit picky as well with those things and AMV's. Wishfulshipping is starting to take over now.

I felt like the odd ball because of the fact I wasn't a huge fan of Ikarishipping. Twinleafshipping had gotten the best of me during Sinnoh. The Sunset scene was meant for Ash x Paul but I use it all the time for my videos.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
I loved that sunset part with Ash and Paul at the end of the Sinnoh league XD I did like Twinleafshipping, too. I just realised all my favourite shippings are actually all DP shippings o.o Paul/Barry, Paul/Ash, Paul/Dawn, Conway/Dawn and Barry/Dawn

Ikarishipping and Pearl pales in comparison to Coma. It's the truth.

Although I do like Coma, it pales in comparison to Coldcoffeeshipping >____>

Oh Sh- This old thing! Uh, yeah...it's Scott and Pip from BMGF. He changed his name to "Gliscor'd" when Gliscor left to battle with the air master...I was so surprised to see that they actually had clips for that o_o;

I made it because there was a fanclub honoring their shipping (AlwaysArguingShipping). This was the vid that made me into a mod lol.

Oh, and thank you for the image! I was looking for that everywhere! Some people still support Weedle x Scott over Scott x Pip...and if you lurk their VMs, Gible (AKA Hellion) x Scott is pretty popular too ;P

Oh wow, I never knew XD

Yeah, I actually managed to find it today in a random folder in my Pokemon fanart folder :P Hehehe, Scott x Piplup is cute. But I wouldn't ship Weedle with anyone, no one can seem to agree with him, not just Scott. Weedle will just drive you insane.

Same here but it was much better than that crap you mosted. :P Harley FTW.

Well that doesn't go by what I was saying because I was sharing videos made with sony vegas (including my ones) which weren't bad. I didn't share any emo songs either? o.O

It was amazing :P

Oh, I was talking about in general. But being made in Sony Vegas doesn't mean an automatic win, they can be subject to overuse of pointless effects and, still, not going with the lyrics. In general, I'm not saying you

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I'm a penguinshipper D:
:O *Shoot's you* Mwahahahahaha.

Yes, I know, I know...but it's a comashipping scene they're using...One day, I'll steal an Ikari scene for a coma vid, you just wait ;P
As long as it's believable, good on you.
Oh, would you really do that? :D *retracts all the statements about ikarishipping* Hope it gets fixed soon! I'd hate to be separated by my own computer...it's like my lifeline XD
I know right! I have all my Pokemon episodes, movies and sony vegas on it, if all the info gets lost i'll have to download it all over again.
And please, Dawn wasn't the one bursting his lungs to pursue the boy in question XD
I actually used the scene in this video(Old), also turn the volume up because I forgot to turn the track up before it rendered:

The song fit's because Paul acts all bad and Dawn can see the good inside him. (Which isn't really why I like the ship so I don't know what I made this? @.@)

EDIT: OMFG, I JUST NOTICED I SPELT STUDIO WRONG

I think I made two Ikarishipping videos before and that was for the "Ikarishipping MEP" that RIssychan had made.
I did that too, I uploaded it on my back-up account though, my account was suspended. (I got it back up in the end though) Take a look at the video I replied to Commanderpigg with.
Oh, I was talking about in general. But being made in Sony Vegas doesn't mean an automatic win, they can be subject to overuse of pointless effects and, still, not going with the lyrics. In general, I'm not saying you
Yeah but mine are made with Sony vegas, and are pure win. :D

Last edited:

CommanderPigg

Years

:O *Shoot's you* Mwahahahahaha.

Everyone says this T_T

As long as it's believable, good on you.

Nah, never mind. Ikarishipping scenes aren't shippy enough anyways ;P

I know right! I have all my Pokemon episodes, movies and sony vegas on it, if all the info gets lost i'll have to download it all over again.

I keep pretty much all my vids on a separate hard drive. I used up like 300 gigs of it...I hope I don't run out any time soon...

I actually used the scene in this video(Old), also turn the volume up because I forgot to turn the track up before it rendered:

The song fit's because Paul acts all bad and Dawn can see the good inside him. (Which isn't really why I like the ship so I don't know what I made this? @.@)

I like that song :P A lot of people use that Dawn scene too for a variety of things...Yeah, if I were to ship Ikari, it'd just be for the sado-masochism XD

LOL, yeah...you all are actually really great AMV makers. I've been a fan of AshPikastar's works since I saw the DP trailer thing...that was pretty epic, my friend :)

I also loved your Barry vs. Paul trailer XD

Spoiler:

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
I'm a penguinshipper D:

At first I thought this shipping was cute but now I'm like meh.

I loved that sunset part with Ash and Paul at the end of the Sinnoh league XD I did like Twinleafshipping, too. I just realised all my favourite shippings are actually all DP shippings o.o Paul/Barry, Paul/Ash, Paul/Dawn, Conway/Dawn and Barry/Dawn

Sinnoh had a lot of good shippings in my opinion. I use to like Dawn/Gary and had always thought it would be called Poetshipping or something around that nature.

That is true actually. I have seen people make good videos without Sony Vegas. They would either have Adobe Premier element or WMM(Window Movie Maker)

EDIT: OMFG, I JUST NOTICED I SPELT STUDIO WRONG

Ah man I hate it when that happens. When you upload a video once you got done checking to make sure that there wasn't any errors, you find errors on your video like a typo error. It annoys me as heck.

I did that too, I uploaded it on my back-up account though, my account was suspended. (I got it back up in the end though) Take a look at the video I replied to Commanderpigg with.

I didn't think it was that bad at all. I uploaded mine on my backup account as well when "AshPikastar" was still suspended at that time.

Sony Vegas is made of pure win. All my videos are used by Sony Vegas on my new accounts. My old account show some of WMM videos.

LOL, yeah...you all are actually really great AMV makers. I've been a fan of AshPikastar's works since I saw the DP trailer thing...that was pretty epic, my friend :)

I also loved your Barry vs. Paul trailer XD

Spoiler:

Great to see a fan of my videos here XD. I still love the song that I used for that trailer. Oh man the memories of that fanfic!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Okay... I skimmed chapter one of A Day Inside May and I will not be reading any more than that. Ew ew ew ew I'm an innocent person. :( :(

In other news I'm enjoying these videos despite not shipping any of them~

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
I actually got myself to read most of it like up to chapter 4 but then I stopped. Man was it a nasty fanfic.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I'm trying not to remember it. That was bad. :'( I don't know why I read any of it. I leave the FF.net filter on K-T for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back