• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Really Sydian...? Naming your Ekans 'pants'?

What Pokemon you got?
I got an Ekans, called pants. It's in my Pokeball (〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
When you are playing a Japanese game and have 5 characters for a name and are rushing with adrenaline, sometimes all you can think about is a nice pair of pants.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
How about a discussion question?

What is your favorite region to play challenges in? Least favorite?

For me, I really enjoy playing Kanto. I've beaten two challenges in kanto and have two more going right now and it just hasn't gotten old for me. Maybe it's just the nostalgia, but if that were the case I would be as excited in johto, which happens to be my favorite region over all.

My least favorite has been Sinnoh. It just feels so slow. I mean, I don't like to speed through my games, but it's ridiculous how sluggish Sinnoh is. I have yet to play any challenges in Hoenn, so hopefully it doesn't give me a reason to change my answer, though I doubt it will since it's really hard to be worse than sinnoh.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
lalala Hoenn forever

...I actually can't answer this question properly because I've only tried challenges on three games total lmao but I'm confided Hoenn is the best for me. I know Emerald like the back of my hand and it's still a great region to play through. Johto's also fun, but wow challenges tend to get long when you have to go through two regions, beat the E4 twice, and beat Red.

My least favourite would definitely be either DP Sinnoh or BW. They're so slow. And boring. And BW's so linear. They're just not fantastic games and they don't have a lot of 'mon I really want to use and I don't like playing them really. So they don't really make challenges fun. :|

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
RSE and BW(2) seem to be my go-to games for challenges. I can complete a challenge easiest and quickest in RSE, but I like the variety that gen V games give me, so it usually depends on the challenge I'm doing as to which game I'm going to pick.

Least favorite ummm...I know you said region, but I don't like having to play GSC/HGSS past the Johto part, especially in HGSS where Red is even more difficult than in the originals. As for a region as a whole like you're asking though, I can't even do regular playthroughs in Sinnoh, so I would never do a challenge in it. Noooo thanks. I just can't do that place anymore. :( I really can't. So much need for HMs.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Favorite is definitely Kanto, specifically RBY. Goes by so fast, and I can get a challenge done in an hour on a good day. Plus, I've done so many that I just know that region to the point that a couple months ago I could name every trainer Pokemon that I fought up to like Erika.

Least favorite has to be DPPt. Like said before, it is soooooooooooooooooooooooo slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. SO SLOW.

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2013
What do you think about a Starter-challenge?

using only starter pokemons, you will need more games to get the starters from thats the only prob.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
You mean like a Starter Trio challenge? If that's what you mean, I was thinking about a challenge like that, where you only use the trio from a particular region. Like Blastoise, Charizard, and Venusaur, or Blaziken, Sceptile, and Swampert. Seems like a cool idea, but I'm piled up with challenges right now so I wouldn't be able to play right away.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Johto's probably my favorite region to play, but it really can get old when you get to Kanto.

Platinum is actually okay for me. I am actually getting a little burned out on Unova since I've been playing it so much recently. BW2 is actually much longer than you think, and BW has a postgame requirement that can get old fast as well.

Kanto is meh right now too since I've only been playing the remakes lately, and the speed button sucks on those games (only 300% vs 500 for RSE & 1000% for RBY).

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
This is my order of favorite regions(1 being my most favorite).
1. Johto
2. Unova
3. Hoenn
4. Kanto
5. Sinnoh

(only 300% vs 500 for RSE & 1000% for RBY).

It's still good, but I agree it sucks, my speed button speeds are 500%-600% for FRLG and RSE, 4000%-7000% for GSC, and 10000%-80000% for RBGY. Yes, I'm serious, 4 zeros.

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
As regions themselves I guess? Because I'd choose BW2-Unova over BW-Unova (I don't know, I just don't like... having to grind to beat Alder) and then move on with Johto (only johto part), Hoenn, Kanto and finally Sinnoh.
Sinnoh story is just so slow, not to mention all the HM's and backtracking you need to do between gyms. (Although I did play HG/SS without a flyer once... oh god...)

Would the starter only challenge be region based? Or would you be able to mix and match?
Mainly just curious, because I'm not too fond of the derpy fire lizard (that will never be dragon type and is 4x weak to rock...) Just personal thing. I used a trio of starters + Pikachu and Togepi once in a playthrough of HeartGold and the only ones that I eventually tried to avoid using were Charizard and Raichu (well Volt Tackling myself to Death a few times was amusing...). Everyone did get to level 60 or so, just... didn't do Red eventually, because I kept missing out on Diamond Dust weather.

11wildy

Me!
Years
How about reviving the word themed challenge? You would randomize a word, and that would be the theme for your team. I would add an option to choose the word yourself though, for more varience.

Years
Hey guys. Long time no see. I got a couple things to say, so listen up.

I will thankfully be getting a new laptop soon, so I could participate in challenges again. Bad news is that all my files would be gone, so if I were to continue a challenge, I would have to start over.

In other news, April is coming up, and I have no idea what to do for that month. I got a complaint about how the last 2 months were too similar, so I want something different that is still April themed. I thank you for your time.

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
When I think of April, I think of rainbows. Do a rainbow challenge, where you have to have a red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple Pokemon?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Tell them to stop complaining lmao. This is why I don't put events too close together, cause I mean, if you look at them, they are generally very similar. ;( It doesn't seem to similar when they're spread out.

Also, I think there was a rainbow challenge floating around somewhere. You could search for it and get ideas from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back