• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
A drawing challenge? I would totally do that, maybe it would help me acquire the skills to create a decent Zombie Jumpluff picture (after all, skill comes with practise). While I did more or less manage to make Jumpluff look more evil than it usually does, it does not quite look zombie-ish.
...or maybe I should just visit the art subforum more and read some tutorials.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah, but that thread didn't belong here, lol. I'm sure there could be a competition for it in the correct board, but not this one. This is for games. lol

Years
I did not miss the fact that this subforum is games only (would have been a sad thing considering all the time I'm spending here), I was just inspired to go a bit off-topic about my bad artist skills by that suggestion.

...and now, by justifying myself I'm drifting even more into off-topic, it's a vicous circle. Except that it isn't a circle.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
I've got an idea for a challenge. The special duo challenge!
you go through the game with only two pokemon, however, you have to use a specific pair.
Some Eligible Pairs:
Any combo of 2 starters from the same gen.
Any combo of 2 eeveelutions
Nidoking and Nidoqueen
Solrock and Lunatone
Tauros and Miltank
Any two of the same pokemon
Any others you think would be good (please give a reason why)

No legendaries
*if using two of the same pokemon make one male and one female
No cheating (except for solrock and lunatone since they are available in different versions of Gen III games. Only cheat for the otherwise unobtainable one.)

*: optional rule

No one make this challenge just tell me if it's good or not and if so I'll make it. Also, some good rules I may have missed cuz it looks kinda short (the rule list does).

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
In other words, we're in a circus.
Dunno Weavile, that's a bit of mess, and not really challenging at all, really. It is just my personal opinion, remember...

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Remember gaiz, this isn't just for challenges. This is the hub of the Challenge Forum. The Daily Bad of the S&M. The Help&Translations (which apparently were taken over by Sceptile16...um, who was he, again ?) of BW !

This thread is indeed magical ! *_*

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
That would be awesome, but I've never played any of the GC Pokemon Games in my entire life, even though I've seen gameplay videos and stuff.

Additionally, GC games are no longer in store in Romania, not even used ones. -_-' But if I had the game, I'd probably do a Nuzlocke, just because.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I can't see a good monotype run in Colosseum because it's lacking enough Pokemon. Having one in XD sounds good though.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
I mean, we should make a thread named "Orre Challenges", and there we will hold all of the challenges for Colosseum and XD. Is that alright ?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Nah, it's not common enough for them to have their own thread. It'd essentially be only one challenge. And if they ever did take off, it'd be difficult edited a first post for a ton of different types of challenges.

Also, I feel so bad that I have neglected my PUAP challenge. I mean...I made it. :( -horrid- White is just so distracting you guys. So distracting...and it's last on my list if I recall. lol I think Black was my next one, and that's a ROM. Imagine going to the ROM after playing the actual game. This will be a pain.

mal'akh

Hate this place. Gone for good
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 21, 2011
Hopefully I'll be actually GETTING some time to actually complete ONE challenge. >.>"
But right now I gotta take a break from all of them. Mainly because of exams being this week. :c
But afterwards I'll have plenty of time!

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Ok, here's another idea for a challenge, the Minimalist challenge.
You can only pick up items that you can find lying around, or are obtained by a means OTHER than pokedollars (ex: game corner, shards). Or if you wanna make it harder, exempt that last rule. And to make it more of a challenge, you can only use pokemon that you can find in areas that can be accessed before the first gym.

King!

better
Years
I've been pondering something for a while now. if a few days counts as a lengthly amount of time

Why are all of the challenges here for the main series of games? I mean, I get that they're easiest to make challenges for the main games, but has anybody even tried? For example, Pokemon Rumble would probably work for quite a few of the challenges here. You could go through each stage using only one type or one species of Pokemon, or do a Nuzlocke on it. But has anybody even considered it? Keep in mind I've only read the past two pages and a bit here and there, so I might be typing about something that's already been discussed. And I'm not saying that these challenges would work, or saying that I hate all of you for not trying them, or that I would participate in them. Basically, I want to know why nobody has tried or they haven't worked. And it might be something as simple as those kinds of things (like Pokemon Rumble, etc.) just aren't compatible with challenges...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
No rule against spin off challenges you know. It's just that it's easier to think of main series challenges and it's also more likely people can play them. I wouldn't do a spin off challenge cause I dislike them, but no one has ever even posted one to be approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back