• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Soul Silver Team

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Some users here may remember that fairly recently I posted a team help thread for pokemon HeartGold a while back. I would like to start off by saying that that team is going great right now.

Now, on topic, as the title says, here is my plan for my Pokemon Soulsilver team. Keep in mind that this will be a rom, so noting is completely out of the question for me (although I would prefer to not just completely hack in a pokemon that I couldn't get otherwise). Also I don't think I want to use a starter. And lastly This is an IN-GAME team, so that's why there's no natures or evs or anything like that.

Ninetails
Flamethrower
Extrasensory
Dark Pulse
Willowisp

Lapras
Ice Beam
Surf
Waterfall
Psyhic

Crobat
Fly
Cross Poison
Bite
Confuse Ray

Jolteon
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Strength (utility only)
Thunder Wave/Signal Beam (I would definitely hack for Signal Beam)

Pinsir
X-Scissor
Brick Break
Swords Dance
Earthquake

And finally....
Dragonite
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Fire Punch
Waterfall Mainly Utility, but it's a nice attacking move as well. I'm sure it'll be fine on an in-game team.

Last edited:

Checkmate

Pokemon Strategist
Years
I would like to point out that your move set is epic. I like the move sets a lot, honestly.

For Ninetails, I suggest Willowisp. Burn lowers the foe's attack and it inflicts damage after every turn. Especially useful if you're fighting a strong fighting foe like Bruno's Machamp. Also, burns are impossible to snap out of in a battle unless a status healing item is used ; unlike confusion, which is healed with turns.
For Lapras, Psychic is good. You already have a ice move for dragon type foes, so Dragon Pulse is useless. Again, ice is effective against fire, so you can dispose flying pokemon in a pinch. Psychic is useful against Koga.
For Magnezone... dispose him. Jolteon is for you.
Pinsir is good.
Sandslash... trust me, sandstorm is useless. If you sandslash faints, damage will be inflicted on your other pokemon too because non of them are immune. I cannot think of a good move to replace it, so you're in that yourself.
For your last slot, I would say Dragonite. Just look at its moveset and learnable moves, and I'm sure I don't have to say anything else.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Thanks for your suggestions, but you still haven't suggested a flying type (I would like to have something that can learn fly by the time I get it). Although Dragonite is an amazing option otherwise, I probably won't even be able to evolve it until after the E4, so I'll need another flying type. Also, I would like to avoid Dodrio, since I'm using that in Heartgold. Also, i've decided to go with Pinsir over Sandslash, since Pinsir has a better moveset and stuff.

Checkmate

Pokemon Strategist
Years
I would say to not teach Dragonite a HM move. May I suggest Crobat? It is easy to evolve if you pull the right strings. It evolves at any level, and its a good choice. Skip some trainers now, then go back to fight them with your zubat/golbat after 1 or 2 gyms. Try to catch a <level 20 zubat though. Easier to evolve.
The reason why I wouldn't teach Dragonite a HM move is because it would ruin its awesome moveset. It can learn many amazing TMs, so put it into good use if you decide to use Dragonite.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Ok, I will consider Crobat. I specifically stated that I would use a seperate flying type from Dragonite because I wouldn't be able to evolve it Pre-E4. Meaning that I'm not even sure if I'm gonna teach Dragonite ANY flying type moves. I might teach it waterfall though. I'm sure that wouldn't go too bad. Especially for an in-game team. But I'm definitely going to wait and catch a Zubat at Mt. Mortar so I don't have to deal with Leech Life.

Checkmate

Pokemon Strategist
Years
Good choice mate, my crobat always performs up to my standards, but I gave it a special move set to deal with Elite 4 easily. If you have problems when choosing moves feel free to drop me a message, I'll help in whatever way I can.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Nah I'm pretty sure I can get a good moveset. I've used a Crobat before, it was just that run of HG that completely screwed up as far as the rest of my team goes. I'll update the team list with the new planned movesets and pokemon and such.

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
Years
Okay, I'm gonna go quickly.
As for Ninetales, use WoW over Confuse Ray.
As for Lapras, use Thunderbolt.
For Magnezone, use Flash Cannon/Thunderbolt/Thunder Wave/Signal Beam.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Okay, I'm gonna go quickly.
As for Ninetales, use WoW over Confuse Ray.
As for Lapras, use Thunderbolt.
For Magnezone, use Flash Cannon/Thunderbolt/Thunder Wave/Signal Beam.

We had already established earlier that I was not going to use magnemite. If you will look at the movesets again, you will see that I have edited them.

Back