• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Research: Chaos Rush's 649 on Ruby Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Well, even if you decide not to include them, you should probably leave what you HAVE done with them in. There's no point in adding all that stuff, only to remove it now. So my argument would be, if you DON'T decide to include the 5th gen Pokémon, leave their spaces open so that people can insert fakemon etc into the spaces.
The current base I'm working on doesn't have any Gen IV or V Pokemon added yet. Just 129 new moves. This is because when I first started this project I wasn't planning on adding Gen IV and V moves. I have an older base with Gen IV and V Pokemon included (just the names and expanded tables), but I've abandoned that base and have since started a new one. So I won't be deleting anything, since I haven't added it yet.

EDIT: I'll probably just add 156+ blank spaces so people could insert Gen V Pokemon if they want. And don't worry, I'll still make Gen V sprites in my sprite project, so people will have a decent set of sprites to use.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
The current base I'm working on doesn't have any Gen IV or V Pokemon added yet. Just 129 new moves. This is because when I first started this project I wasn't planning on adding Gen IV and V moves. I have an older base with Gen IV and V Pokemon included (just the names and expanded tables), but I've abandoned that base and have since started a new one. So I won't be deleting anything, since I haven't added it yet.

EDIT: I'll probably just add 156+ blank spaces so people could insert Gen V Pokemon if they want. And don't worry, I'll still make Gen V sprites in my sprite project, so people will have a decent set of sprites to use.

Well, that works I guess. Although, that means I have to get up my lazy butt and learn to insert stuff

ZpAnish

Ex-Con
Years

No hair off my back, i'm majorly a fan of Gen 1 & 2. Can't wait til it's all finished :D

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2013
What a pity that you give up the Emerald patch.
I'd like to do the job myself, but i'v no idea what should i do to extend the number of pokemon.
I saw you have done these:
*Re-point Pokémon names table
*Re-point Base stats table
*Re-point front sprites table
*Re-point back sprites table
*Re-point normal palettes table
*Re-point shiny palettes table
*Re-point TM-compatibility table

I wanna ask ,is it enough i just repoint those tables and insert the new pokemons datas?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Guys, I'm debating on whether having Gen IV and V moves are worth it. I just want to start Pokemon DarkViolet sooner and this is taking forevverrrrrrrrr. Do you guys think having Gen IV and V moves are worth it? (either way I will still have 493+ Pokemon)

What a pity that you give up the Emerald patch.
I'd like to do the job myself, but i'v no idea what should i do to extend the number of pokemon.
I saw you have done these:
*Re-point Pokémon names table
*Re-point Base stats table
*Re-point front sprites table
*Re-point back sprites table
*Re-point normal palettes table
*Re-point shiny palettes table
*Re-point TM-compatibility table
Actually that's what I've done on an older base. But then I decided I wanted Gen IV moves. So I restarted and all I've done on the new base is repoint+extend the the move name table, and repoint+extend the move animation table. and I'm currently in the process of updating the first 386 Pokemon's movesets.

I wanna ask ,is it enough i just repoint those tables and insert the new pokemons datas?
Yes. But you have to repoint ALL the tables. If you miss one things will glitch up/not work. Also ASM work is required if you want new Pokemon to show up in the Pokedex.

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2013
Yes. But you have to repoint ALL the tables. If you miss one things will glitch up/not work. Also ASM work is required if you want new Pokemon to show up in the Pokedex.

thanks, i will try to do it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
Honestly the moves aren't that important. Just move on and once you finish the project you can go back and slowly add the rest of the moves if you really want. Not trying to rush you or anything, just my opinion.

ZpAnish

Ex-Con
Years
Honestly the moves aren't that important. Just move on and once you finish the project you can go back and slowly add the rest of the moves if you really want. Not trying to rush you or anything, just my opinion.

I agree,and again, we don't want to rush you. Remember...you're the Boss

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Because of this game breaking glitch with the physical/special split system, I decided that I'm no longer going to have 4th Gen moves. However, I will still have 493 (or more) Pokemon.

Here is a patch containing all the work I did on adding new moves before Jambo51 discovered the game-breaking glitch. This patch is for Pokemon Ruby, and it contains:
*font from Pokemon Emerald
*129 new total moves (Gen IV and V)
*All Generation I Pokemon have updated movesets (this means that they will learn moves from Gen IV and V through level up, for example, Sandshrew learns Gyro Ball at Lv33 on this patch)
*A few Generation II Pokemon have updated movesets
*If you're wondering why I made Mewtwo and Mew learn Psycho Boost is because it's plot related in my future hack Pokemon DarkViolet. Who cares anywaylol

I strongly recommend NOT using this patch for a hack. This patch is merely for messing around, as it contains the game-breaking glitch that Jambo51 documented. This is not an official release, this is just an experimental patch.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
You are aware that this glitch is actually relatively easy to fix? It might not be the most attractive solution, but it works. I don't think you should throw away all that work for the sake of one tiny, easily fixed, glitch.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
You are aware that this glitch is actually relatively easy to fix? It might not be the most attractive solution, but it works. I don't think you should throw away all that work for the sake of one tiny, easily fixed, glitch.
Which is why I haven't deleted anything :)

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Which is why I haven't deleted anything :)

I keep saying to you that you should ask me for help if you need it. Provide me with the location of this same glitch, or with the location of the hacked code for the split, and I will knock out a fix for you to insert within a few hours at worst.

It's not the prettiest, but it works. I also worked out how the battle scripts work well enough to mimic most moves from Gen 4 and 5.

However, this stretches only to combinations of existing effects, as opposed to creating brand new effects. For brand new effects, it may be necessary to use a custom callasm battle script command.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I keep saying to you that you should ask me for help if you need it. Provide me with the location of this same glitch, or with the location of the hacked code for the split, and I will knock out a fix for you to insert within a few hours at worst.

It's not the prettiest, but it works. I also worked out how the battle scripts work well enough to mimic most moves from Gen 4 and 5.
Sorry, I didn't know you already had a fix ready since you haven't posted it in that other thread.

I'm kinda busy right now, but later today I will find where the stuff is located in Ruby (I just search for similar bytes from FireRed, works every time). And yes, I understand that you will gladly provide me with help, it's just that I like to do things in order one at a time, so right now my focus is adding movesets and making sprites, which I can do by myself. Everything that I know I will need help with (such as Pokedex), I simply haven't gotten to that yet since I'm focusing on adding movesets and finishing the sprites first (I hope I don't sound rude, let me make this clear: I think you are really awesome and I really appreciate that you will help me) But like I said, I will find the Ruby offsets sometime today or next weekend, and you are awesome for taking care of this glitch.

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2013
Could please you tell me ,if i wrote a battel script how can i call this and do not affect the original routine?
thank you.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2012
Hi, first of all, guys you really really rock! i'm new at this but I don't know if I missed it but, does it help you that I write the new movesets on a txt file, so you just copy them? at list the names and lvls, not the hex code or whatever it is called. Just to help you with the big bunch of stuff to write. IDK i just want to help a little

- imo, why adding more pokes without adding at least some basic new moves? for example, armaldo is pretty lame without x-scissor.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Hi, first of all, guys you really really rock! i'm new at this but I don't know if I missed it but, does it help you that I write the new movesets on a txt file, so you just copy them? at list the names and lvls, not the hex code or whatever it is called. Just to help you with the big bunch of stuff to write. IDK i just want to help a little
I've already been doing that. This is because I only added 129 new moves, it would be impossible for me to keep track of which moves I didn't add, so I wrote every single Pokemon's new moveset in a text file, so then I don't have to keep track of the moves I didn't add.

- imo, why adding more pokes without adding at least some basic new moves? for example, armaldo is pretty lame without x-scissor.
Except that I'm already doing that also. That's why this is taking a ridiculously long amount of time, I still haven't finished updating the movesets of the 386 Pokemon already in the rom.

I feel like I've explained this like 9999999 times already...

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2012
Yeah sry, I just got confused + I was kind a drowsy so I end up lost. Well I just wanted to do one's bit.

rstar095

Baby Seal Clubber
Years
Wow

Wow, I have been gone from this site for about 2 years now, only occasionally logging in to check out a few hacks, and what is being done with this project seems unreal. Great work to you guys, if you all finish it, you will get the recognition you deserve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back