• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Only the Mother can pass on the Hidden Ability. (Alternate means other...So any pokemon with 2 normal abilities have alternate abilities.)

With the new B2W2 Breeding Mechanics, the Mother in slot 1 in the Daycare has a higher chance to pass on her current regular ability, while the mother in slot 2 has a higher chance to pass on the regular ability that she doesn't have.

I believe that was how it worked.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Only the Mother can pass on the Hidden Ability. (Alternate means other...So any pokemon with 2 normal abilities have alternate abilities.)

With the new B2W2 Breeding Mechanics, the Mother in slot 1 in the Daycare has a higher chance to pass on her current regular ability, while the mother in slot 2 has a higher chance to pass on the regular ability that she doesn't have.

I believe that was how it worked.
So a male mating with the Ditto cannot pass on the ability?

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Based on the new Breeding mechanics, Male with Ditto is 50:50 for regular abilities. For Dream World Males cannot pass on abilities and breeding anything with Ditto will not carry over Dream World Abilities.

Males pass on attacks, Females pass on abilities.

ElementChaoz

Elementician
Years
Ok, my first question:

is B2/W2 a remake of B1/W1 ? or is it an expansion to it? i haven't played either one of them yet so i'm not sure.

I don't own a DS or a 3DS, will the DS Pokemon games work on the 3DS? or just the DS only?

and, I know the DS/3DS has internet/wi-fi on it, is it worldwide so i can battle/trade with anyone around the world? or is their a certain range on it? I think i got all my questions right here, well let me know, thx

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Ok, my first question:

is B2/W2 a remake of B1/W1 ? or is it an expansion to it? i haven't played either one of them yet so i'm not sure.

I don't own a DS or a 3DS, will the DS Pokemon games work on the 3DS? or just the DS only?

and, I know the DS/3DS has internet/wi-fi on it, is it worldwide so i can battle/trade with anyone around the world? or is their a certain range on it? I think i got all my questions right here, well let me know, thx

Black 2/White 2 are sequels to the original Black/White games.

Black 2/White 2 work fine on any DS.

Not sure about the third one, though.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
You can battle/trade with anyone worldwide. Only infrared features and passersby (on the C-gear) are limited in range.

ElementChaoz

Elementician
Years
You can battle/trade with anyone worldwide. Only infrared features and passersby (on the C-gear) are limited in range.

Sorry to ask, but what are the infrared features and passersby on the c-gear ?

Sorry to ask, I'm gonna own a DS or a 3DS here sometimes next year and get the pokemon games for the DS's

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Sorry to ask, but what are the infrared features and passersby on the c-gear ?

Sorry to ask, I'm gonna own a DS or a 3DS here sometimes next year and get the pokemon games for the DS's
Let's say you with White 2 (let's assume this for my example) and a buddy with Black 2 are sitting on a bench in the park. You are in range with one another, so you can use the Union Room to do any trading and such (just like Wifi but you do not require a FC) or use features on the C-Gear like visiting each other's world. You can do Passersby Analytics surveys, etc.

However, when you later return home to opposite sides of the city, your two systems are no longer in range. You can no longer visit the other person's world or use the Union Room to communicate.

This is the best I can explain "range". If you're not in range with another player, there are certain activities you cannot do under any circumstances. At that point, you trade FCs and use the middle room, which works provided you can access the Internet (and that becomes your "range").

Cyclone

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 21, 2021
A follow-up to the ability breeding question from earlier:

So right now I have a female breloom with technician ability, and a male serperior. I also have given the breloom an everstone to pass down her nature.
Of the 15 shroomish I've hatched so far, none have had technician, but all have had the mother's nature.

Does the everstone prevent the technician ability from passing down?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
A follow-up to the ability breeding question from earlier:

So right now I have a female breloom with technician ability, and a male serperior. I also have given the breloom an everstone to pass down her nature.
Of the 15 shroomish I've hatched so far, none have had technician, but all have had the mother's nature.

Does the everstone prevent the technician ability from passing down?

You're just unlucky. If a female DW Pokémon is bred with a non-Ditto father, there should be a 60% chance that the DW ability will be passed down. If I recall, the Everstone passes down nature only.

Years
You're just unlucky. If a female DW Pokémon is bred with a non-Ditto father, there should be a 60% chance that the DW ability will be passed down. If I recall, the Everstone passes down nature only.

Yes, the Everstone only passes down nature.

In the case of B2/W2, it passes down nature 100% of the time.

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
N's Zorua made a strange sparkle when I sent it out. It wasn't shininess, I think its ability may have been the cause. I need to know why? The Zorua was in the back of my party when I sent it out, because the Pokemon in the back was switched with Zorua earlier.

Years
N's Zorua made a strange sparkle when I sent it out. It wasn't shininess, I think its ability may have been the cause. I need to know why? The Zorua was in the back of my party when I sent it out, because the Pokemon in the back was switched with Zorua earlier.

I think you're talking about this animation in the picture below.

nspokemon.png

That's an indicator used on all of N's Pokemon, not just Zorua.

The complete list of N's Pokemon can be found here.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
My last questions weren't answered, so i thought I'd try again. Thanks. :-)

How do I do "Friend Check"?

Also, to connect via the Entree Link, do my friend and I have to have reached Black City/White Forest?

Years
My last questions weren't answered, so i thought I'd try again. Thanks. :-)

How do I do "Friend Check"?

Also, to connect via the Entree Link, do my friend and I have to have reached Black City/White Forest?

1. I think you might mean "Feeling Check". Just touch "IR" on the C-Gear and then select "Feeling Check". This requires a second DS to link up to, and can only be done once a day. You can get Sweet Hearts from this.

2. Nope, Entralink can be accessed at any time.

Last edited:

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
Years
No. Feeling Check does not affect Join Avenue whatsoever.

Although, if you're close enough to do a feeling check, he/she should have been detected by the C-Gear, which is all that seems to be needed to have him/her walk down Join Avenue. (I tagged someone in the hotel I'm in... no other interaction... and they showed up in Join Avenue.)

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Haven't even finished Black yet, but I'm curious. How does the Kyurem fusing thing work? You have to fuse two Pokemon together right? What if they're at different levels? One is shiny? What happens when you gain levels and then split them apart?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Haven't even finished Black yet, but I'm curious. How does the Kyurem fusing thing work? You have to fuse two Pokemon together right? What if they're at different levels? One is shiny? What happens when you gain levels and then split them apart?

They fuse using an item you get after the story.

Yes you fuse Zekrom + Kyurem for Black Kyurem and Reshiram + Kyurem for White Kyurem.

They take the level of Kyurem as the level for Black/White Kyurem and his moveset.

You can't have one shiny. All three involved are Shiny locked in both sets of games. Either way,
you'd have to have a Shiny Kyurem to get the Shiny forms.

If you gain levels, I believe Kyurem gets the level boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back