The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Competitive Team Help

Notices

Competitive Team Help Having trouble with your competitive Pokémon team? Be sure to check here if you need any help on it. Any teams intended for in-game and casual play should be posted in the In-Game Team Help sub-forum.

Old September 13th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Nature: Gentle
Yeah. I'm kinda bad at posting RMTs but...here goes anyway. ><;; Gonna make this short and sweet and whatnot.

----

Deoxys-S @ Life Orb Trait: Pressure
EVs: 12 Atk / 244 SAtk / 252 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Taunt
- Superpower

---

Lead Deoxy-S. I discovered that I had lots of trouble dealing with all sorts of leads, varying from Tyranitar to the rare Flygon(yes, I did see a Flygon lead). Deoxy-S, I noticed, Is quite versatile with it's movesets, and this allows it to be quite a beast, and with Life Orb, it's really something to mess with if used correctly and whatnot. I used to have t-bolt in place of Taunt, only because of threads such as jellicent, starmie, and other bulky waters and what have you, but I already have other pokemon such as Jirachi to cover that.

Basically, the purpose of taunt is because most leads set-up and whatnot, and Deoxys has a huge problem with that, so thankfully I finally found a slot so taunt can fit somewhere, because the setting up is getting annoying. What I do find troubling is that, because Deoxys is using Life Orb, it probably won't last long, and it's primary duty is offensive attacks anyway, so I won't really have a taunt user for long. .___.; This worries me, and makes me consider if I should use Deoxys-D as an alternative. However, if I do, I might have to look for another lead, right? D: Cause I dunno if Deoxys-D serves as a good lead or not, at least I don't think so.

Anyway, onto Jirachi before I ramble on too much!

---

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

---

Yay, the superachi that I got from smogons movesets too! I have to admit, this is honestly my first time using Jirachi, and it worked wonders when I laddered on PO's server. Setting up is more often than not incredibly simple, and Psyshock is to OHKO/2HKO Blisseys that think that they can wall it, pretty much. HP Fire is for Ferrothorn, Foretress' and possibly Skarmory(but t-bolt covers that pretty nicely). So yeah, this Jirachi is pretty neat, imo. n__n

----

Scizor (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 Atk / 104 Def / 156 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Superpower

----

Good ol' Scizor. Usually I go for Bug Bite instead of Roost, but I figured that Scizor HAD to be alive in some way to keep dishing out more damage and whatnot, while roosting out LO damage and stuff. One thing that can't happen is Scizor dying just as quickly as Deoxy-S...yeah I'm in quite a dilemma here. xD;

---

(using gen II sprite just because it looks more awesome)

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SAtk / 176 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Heal Bell
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Calm Mind

--

Basically, this used to be Nasty Plot Celebi, but I replaced NP with Calm mind to add to Celebi's defenses so it can actually take an Ice beam to the face like Latias can and whatnot, and that Celebi won't be scared of heatran and w/e(even though Giga Drain doesn't do anything against Heatran).

It may or may not be unusual for Heal Bell to be in this set, but it has so many good uses lately. With Will-o-wisp, Paralysis, and Toxic literally flying around the metagame, I consider Heal Bell quite the life saver. It also annoys Blisseys into thinking that they can status celebi and get away with it. n___n Nice addition, but I've been thinking about possibly replacing it with Psychic? But at the same time, cures against status cane come in handy...another problem I've run into, I guess. ;__;

---

Terrakion @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 248 Atk / 252 Spd / 8 HP
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

---

Double Booster Terrakion. I probably got the EV's and stuff wrong, because I literally JUST replaced my old Scarf Terrakion with this. Don't get me wrong or anything, Scarf Terrakion is godly, and it has been proven to me over and over with all of the matches that I've had with it, that it can definitely hold it's own. However, there's a frequent problem that I'm facing: And that problem is Excadrill. In sandstorm, of course!

So I figured that I have RP in hopes of outspeeding Exca. Mad predicting, I know. Thats what Spino said, too. :(

---

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 16 HP / 240 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Refresh
- Recover

----

And then we finally come to latias! Latias has helped me win a lot of matches whenever I would latter, because of the incredible use of special attacks and whatnot, and with Latias' bulk + CM, those special attacks...really kinda aren't an issue. Even Ice beamers don't intimidate it in the slightest, and usually get OHKO'ed/2HKO'ed by Dragon Pulse, depending on how much I boosted up and stuff.

----

So yeah that's my RMT n___n; I hope it isnt too terrible.
Old September 13th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Spinosaurus

AHAHAHAHAHAH I HAVE SUCCEEDED IN MAKING A MEMBER POST AN RMT

BUT ANYWAY! I'd put Magnezone somewhere your team there. Your steel weakness is very noticeable and Terrakion doesn't exactly beat some of them, notably Skarmory and this team's biggest weakness so far, Scizor. Maybe instead of Latias, since with Celebi and all in your team I don't see any need for another 1 attack calm mind.
You also have to be careful of Scrafty. Terrakion is your best way of beating it, but that would require good predicting so you don't get caught up on a fighting mive.

I'd change the whole Deoxys-S set. If you want a lead then use the standard Deoxys-S set. Stealth Rock/Spikes/Taunt/Superpower with Focus Sash @ Jolly nature is the way to go.

Jirachi is fine. Give it Substitute >>> HP fire if you're gonna use Zone though. Also I'd prefer Flash Cannon over Psyshock since your team doesn't have problems with the likes of Blissey.

Scizor is fine.

Celebi I'm not quite sure. I'd say change it back to a Nasty Plot sweeper, since your team isn't weak to status to me.

Change Terrakion's EVs to 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd and give it Air Balloon to have a better chance against Excadrill. But you have to be really careful.

This is all that I would suggest for this team right now. Your team is nice but definitely needs improvement, so good luck with it! :>
Old September 13th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
I'd much rather sneak SR onto Deoxys-S rather than Taunt. You have little to fear from entry hazards considering your entire team resists/is neutral to SR and a few are immune to Spikes as well. You really shouldn't be afraid of any kind of set-up with an attacking lead Deoxys; its goal is to set up hazards and then go after the opponent. However, this is the set I want to recommend for lead Deoxys (and all Deoxys, really...)

Deoxys-S @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 48 Atk / 252 SAtk / 208 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Low Kick
- Stealth Rock
- Psycho Boost
- Thunder

Low Kick (I guess you can use Superpower? I just always used Low Kick lol) OHKOs Tyranitar and 2-3HKOs Ferrothorn, depending on the set. The speed EVs outrun Scarf Rotom-W and OHKOs with Psycho Boost and nails a ton of other stuff too, hard. Thunder is strictly for Politoed and OHKOs most offensive variants and does hefty damage to bulky ones. This lead is the most anti-meta version of Deo-S I've seen/used and it's really pretty awesome. I'd use it anyday over the standard lead, really.

Jirachi wants Substitute > HP Fire. Steels are handled decently by your team in general and Scizor sets up on Bronzong/Ferrothorn incredibly easily. By the way, why do you use Superpower and not Bug Bite? Bug Bite gives it STAB and a way to actually hit bulky waters where Superpower a) doesn't get STAB and b) lowers your attack and c) isn't nearly as useful when unboosted, which is the only time you'll be hitting a Heatran or the like anyway because you don't outspeed. You get what I mean? I'd use Bug Bite > Superpower any day.

uhh the rest of your movesets look pretty standard and I just got tired of rating all of a sudden so you'll have to deal with just this for now. good luck! ;o

edit: don't use rock polish on terrakion. i don't like saying things suck but really rock polish does suck. :(
Old September 13th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

So far, I've replaced Latias with Jellicent, and I'm running Terrakion with Air Balloon + SD to check Excadrill. @__@; That should be enough, right?
Old September 13th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Fairy
believe in magic

Hey there! I only have one thing to add just really quick.

I see Tyranitar running through this team if given the chance. If it has Crunch, Stone Edge, Ice Beam, and Fire Blast, it has the potential to hit your entire team with super effective attacks. But! At least you're pretty equipped to handle it. However, if you replace Celebi with Blissey, it will resolve your weaknesses to Dark, Ghost, and Fire all in one shot, while simultaneously supporting your team with Aromatherapy or Wish. It will also give you more neutral resistance than Celebi currently offers you.

So, yeah, your Deoxys is a little odd. I'd exchange it for a standard entry hazard laying set. In your case, Scizor really doesn't need Superpower. I don't think I can say too much else that hasn't already been said. Sorry I can't keep rating but I think your team is totally cute. It's already been mentioned before, your team does need some honing, but it's looking nice so far. Good job!
Old September 13th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Dark Azelf
ThisWillBeTheEndOfEveryth ing.

Nature: Impish
Rock Polish doesn't suck, especially late game against offense and SUN otherwise you are slow and easy revenge kill bait. Not like Terakion has any better options to fill that slot and EQ/X-Scissor etc suck worse, at least Rock Polish is actually useful. :\ Use Balloon though.

Latias wants more bulk on that set since you are mono attack. 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 Speed. Sub over Refresh so you arent massive Pursuit bait.

Id replace Celebi with Rotom-W so you have something that can check/beat Excadrill as nothing currently does, this also lets you handle SD Toxic Orb standard Gliscor semi decently who strangely walls your whole team lol. o.o Speaking of Gliscor you could probably afford to make Latias into Latios and make it more offensive.

Magnezone would probably work better over Jiachi tbh. Checks Scizor, removes steels for Lati/Scizor sweep yeah!

Scizor benefits more from a sp.def spread to take Draco meteors better and to not auto lose to Reuniclus. 232 HP / 96 Atk / 180 Sp.Def. Bug Bite over SuperPower @ Adamant. This lets you KO Gengar with an unboosted LO BP straight up, also hits a LO AND a lefties number.

To sum up changes.

Deoxys-S (Vrais set)
Air Balloon Dual Dance Terrakion
Magnezone
Rotom-W
Lati@s
Sp.Def Scizor

Hope this helps a little.

Also yay for not being utter weather team bait. XD

Edit :

Quote:
I see Tyranitar running through this team if given the chance. If it has Crunch, Stone Edge, Ice Beam, and Fire Blast, it has the potential to hit your entire team with super effective attacks. But! At least you're pretty equipped to handle it. However, if you replace Celebi with Blissey, it will resolve your weaknesses to Dark, Ghost, and Fire all in one shot, while simultaneously supporting your team with Aromatherapy or Wish. It will also give you more neutral resistance than Celebi currently offers you.
Doesnt Terrakion poop all over MixTar lol ?

Since the beginning of time, man has sought to know the unimaginable. To shake hands with the intangible. To measure the abstract with concrete gauges, to fit the mind of the infinite within the imagination of the finite. Nevermore.
Pair x Poki. Aka Miss Botifgt. <3
[00:22] @Sanguine: [00:21] Dark Azelf+: nah my ass is tight
[00:22] @Sanguine: :3
@Sanguine: you've acquired sxcness I see
[15:59] +Alice Cooper: a hot chocolate enema would be nice, no?

Last edited by Dark Azelf; September 13th, 2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old September 13th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Kay, I've made all the necessary adjustments that needs to be made. I also took your advice d_a and kinda wanted to play around an experiment a bit, so I decided just to go with Latios instead of Latias, just to see how things work out and whatnot. I'm a bit hesitant about using Magnezone, but I did take into consideration Rotom-W over celebi, it seems everything works out as far as taking care of Excadrill. Thanks for all of the advice everyone!

And yeah, as far as Tyranitar is concerned, Terrakion can deal with it, and h-pump Rotom-W if not anything else. D:

And yeah, I just noticed that a lot of my team members don't really care much as far as weather/SR or anything goes, so yeah. XD; Status is just a big worry of mine though, hopefully I'll be able to shrug it off.

Again, thanks for the rates. n__n This RMT kinda went well.

Also, for those questioning why superpower is on scizor, it had various purposes. +2 with LO 2HKOs Ferrothorn as far as I know, as well as OHKO's t-tar I think, also 2HKO's Skarmory and whatnot, it's been kinda useful lately, but I suppose I'll replace it with Bug Bite. xD;
Old September 13th, 2011, 02:29 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Kay, I've made all the necessary adjustments that needs to be made. I also took your advice d_a and kinda wanted to play around an experiment a bit, so I decided just to go with Latios instead of Latias, just to see how things work out and whatnot. I'm a bit hesitant about using Magnezone, but I did take into consideration Rotom-W over celebi, it seems everything works out as far as taking care of Excadrill. Thanks for all of the advice everyone!

And yeah, as far as Tyranitar is concerned, Terrakion can deal with it, and h-pump Rotom-W if not anything else. D:

And yeah, I just noticed that a lot of my team members don't really care much as far as weather/SR or anything goes, so yeah. XD; Status is just a big worry of mine though, hopefully I'll be able to shrug it off.

Again, thanks for the rates. n__n This RMT kinda went well.

Also, for those questioning why superpower is on scizor, it had various purposes. +2 with LO 2HKOs Ferrothorn as far as I know, as well as OHKO's t-tar I think, also 2HKO's Skarmory and whatnot, it's been kinda useful lately, but I suppose I'll replace it with Bug Bite. xD;
Nah, keep Superpower. Scizor is going to need it against other Steels. Also, is that the bulky Swords Dance Scizor? If so, you can use; 252 HP/40 Atk/216 SDef. That way, it can take special hits more easily while making set up easier. It can still take physical hits easily despite the lack of Defense EVs.

Old September 13th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Cycle
Trainer

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
Nah, keep Superpower. Scizor is going to need it against other Steels. Also, is that the bulky Swords Dance Scizor? If so, you can use; 252 HP/40 Atk/216 SDef. That way, it can take special hits more easily while making set up easier. It can still take physical hits easily despite the lack of Defense EVs.
Bug Bite provides stronger stabs, and most steels are either neutral to superpower and bulky enough to take it, or neutral to both. 232 HP/96 Atk/180 spDef is the ideal EV spread iirc. Run leftovers or life orb as the item.
Old September 13th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky
....+2 with LO 2HKOs Ferrothorn as far as I know, as well as OHKO's t-tar I think, also 2HKO's Skarmory and whatnot, it's been kinda useful lately, but I suppose I'll replace it with Bug Bite. xD;
Bug Bite does all of those things except KOing Skarm but Scizor has no business trying to kill off Skarmory anyway, who just PHazes you. (btw superpower OHKOs tyranitar like all the time no matter what)

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links