• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HEX editing Pokemon in Advance Gen Games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Hello all, Darthatron here. You might know me from my fantastic programs, or maybe my well know modesty. :D Anyway, today I'll be teaching you all how to

HEX Edit the Pokemon Data in the Advance Gen series of Pokemon! :D Excited? I know I am.

In this part of the guide, you will be editing the Base HP, Attack, Defense, Speed, Special Attack, Special Defense, The Types of the Pokemon and the

possible Items it could be holding when its caught!!!

Ok, to use this guide to its full extent, you'll need...
  • A HEX Editor (I will use HEX Workshop)
  • A Pokemon Advance ROM (I will use Leaf Green [English])
  • A GBA Emulator (I will use Visual Boy Advance)

Alright, let's begin...

.::Step 1::.
Open up your HEX Editor and load the ROM you will be editing. That bit should have been easy.

.::Step 2::.
Press Ctrl + F (or find the Find button in the menus). A window should come up that looks something like this:
findje4.jpg

In the 'Value:' text-box put this data: "2D31312D41410C032D400001000000001F1446030107410000030000" without the quotation marks (That data is for

Bulbasaur). And then click the 'Search', or 'OK', Button.

.::Step 3::.
Your HEX Editor should have found that Data and highlighted it. Like this:
highlightedzd8.jpg

Now, I will explain what every byte means, well at least what I've been able to learn, then we will start editing! :D

Code:
2D=HP
31=ATTACK
31=DEFENCE
2D=SPEED
41=SPECIAL ATTACK
41=SPECIAL DEFENSE
0C=TYPE 1
03=TYPE 2
2D=CATCH RATE
40=BASE XP
00=??
01=??
00=ITEM 1
00=ITEM 1
00=ITEM 2
00=ITEM 2
1F=GENDER CHANCE (7F = 50/50. Less than 7F has a high chance of being male. 00 = 100% Male. More than 7F has a high chance of being female. 00 = 100% Female)
14=STEPS FOR EGG TO HATCH (eg. 5,120 steps would be: 1400. Only the first part is used, '14'. Then '00' is discarded.)
46=??
03=??
01=EGG TYPE 1 (For a list of Egg Types go down.)
07=EGG TYPE 2 (For a list of Egg Types go down.)
41=SPECIAL ABILITY 1 (For a list of Abilities go down.)
00=SPECIAL ABILITY 2 (For a list of Abilities go down.)
00=SAFARI ZONE RUN AWAY CHANCE (00 - AF. Anything over AF may glitch the game)
03=??
00=??
00=??

Alright, I hope you got all that... I'm not saying it again! Anyway, editing certain values in there will make the Pokemon Change in certain ways,

obviously.

Here is a list of the Egg Types:
Spoiler:

And here is a list of the Special Abilities:
Spoiler:

.::Step 4::.
Finally you can save your work. Open your Emulator and test the game. :)

This guide was made in memory of my cat, who I have not seen in 2 months. I'm sure he'll be back soon. :)

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2008
In the 'Value:' text-box put this data: "2D31312D41410C032D400001000000001F144603010741000 0030000" without the quotation marks (That data is for

Bulbasaur).
How do you find the data for other Pokemon?

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Each Pokemons Data is after Bulbasaurs, you just have to skip ahead a few Bytes and then you'll be at Ivysaur, then Venasaur, etc...

mechu95

Hack Guy
Years
I think he means changing actual data for Pokemon, not Pokemon themselves...right? Like Their stats and abilities...

DarkFear

I will ^^
Years
  • Age 29
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 22, 2010
It means it changes every Bulbasaur in the game. Sadly hex editing is drastically shadowed by programs. Nice informative tutorial though, cleared up alot of stuff for me.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
It means it changes every Bulbasaur in the game. Sadly hex editing is drastically shadowed by programs. Nice informative tutorial though, cleared up alot of stuff for me.
I'll just ignore that...

This tutorial shows you how to edit a Pokemon's Base Stats. For example... It's HP, Attack and Defense.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
long time since i HEX edited this way... nice memories.
Very useful if you want to hack base EXP, catch rate and steps to hatch eggs (mewtwo to hatch at 1 step... hehehe)

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2008
(sorry if this is a bit of a thread necro!)

This is a decent guide thanks! I was wondering if it was possible to do either of two things this way:

1. Edit the TM's. For example, can I make TM 22 Meteor Mash using a hex editor?
2. Is it possible to actually edit what the special abilities do? (e.g a Special Attack version of Intimidate)

Thanks if you can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back