• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Sweet! If you remember the hack, let me know. I'd contact the creator on how he/she did it.

I'm sure that was made with ASM hacking but I'm still learning something about ASM so I can't give you more info.

Last edited:

Gamewhale

lol --
Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2012
I am a noob hacker, so here's a question: If I insert a new sprite with no scripts yet into Emerald with Advance Map, how do I make that person say something with Advance Text?

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2008
Thanks Blazichu also I'd like to add a new area at the end of victory road, only accessible after beating the elite 4. I have a lot of ideas and stuff if it's possible can I pm you?

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Ok, and I just make the picture with paint, photoshop, ect.?
Yeah, paint is fine. If you have photoshop that's great too, it will probably be much easier. Just make sure you keep the same pallet, or else when you play the game it will look funny.

1-it's this flag ok also for ruby? (in a post i read it hasn't been discovered yet the national dex flag for R/S)
3-I've looked a lot, but can't find an easy way to do what i want to, which is, ehr, translating? I'm italian and i'm doing a funny text hack (with a bit of scripting too, i'm learning) but to use all the toolz, i've had to use the english rom. Any way to quickly find ALL the offsets for text? A full (or near-full) A-text or Poketext .ini for Pokemon Ruby is available? Or some procedure to easily find text in hex editors (some code at the beginning? who know?) to distinguish from the whole scripts themselves?
u hackerz, how do u this (hacks with nearly all the texts changed)? For now, i'm playing the game looking for all the messages, but that's terrible (and i'll sure miss stg)
1- Nope sorry. The flag for Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire's national dex has yet to be found.
3- I'm not quite sure what your asking, but I can tell you this. If your trying to translate an English rom, which almost everyone does. Just look for the string of text you want to change in a hex editor (after applying a table file) and change it to whatever you want it to say in Italian. The English games have support for the characters you may use, so everything should be ok. As for a whole read-out of the game, I'm sure if you use google you can find one, but it won't let you insert the changes into the game.
I am a noob hacker, so here's a question: If I insert a new sprite with no scripts yet into Emerald with Advance Map, how do I make that person say something with Advance Text?
Urgh...I hate Advanced text. Not because it isn't a good tool; it is. It's just way to simple to do anything great with. Anway if I were you I'd make a new script using "ScriptED" which comes with Elitemap. Here is a sample script for you...
Code:
#org 0x800000
message 0x800100
boxset 0x2
end
#org 0x800100
= Hello World!
Paste this to a notepad application. Save it as HelloWorld.rbc . Open up ScriptED, click the "..." button. Click on HelloWorld.rbc and hit compile. Select your game from the list. It will ask if you want to replace the data, select yes and the script is now in your game. Just open up AdvancedMap back up, go to that sprite and give it the text offset 0x800000. Now your done!

Thanks Blazichu also I'd like to add a new area at the end of victory road, only accessible after beating the elite 4. I have a lot of ideas and stuff if it's possible can I pm you?
Yes, this sounds possible. It will, however require some scripting. So, if your bad at it I'm sure Blazichu can help, he's a good hacker from my experience.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2010
3- I'm not quite sure what your asking, but I can tell you this. If your trying to translate an English rom, which almost everyone does. Just look for the string of text you want to change in a hex editor (after applying a table file) and change it to whatever you want it to say in Italian. The English games have support for the characters you may use, so everything should be ok. As for a whole read-out of the game, I'm sure if you use google you can find one, but it won't let you insert the changes into the game.

simply, that's the problem, it's terrible have to find each string (i dunno them, i'v to look 4 them in the game, then find the offset [then a-text it's enough]). it's stg like the emerald.ini that's in progress 4 a-text. i'm wondering if someone has a workin INI with a lot of found stuffs (at least the main story dialogues) already registered for a-text/poketext, smbd that has done a mayor hack of pokemon ruby should have it! or someway to quick find all the textes in a hex editor...

dunno what a read-out is, nor where i can find it ^^ can u explain pliz? ^^''

seen u've skipped my question, i'll redo it in some next reply so it wont get forgotten ^^

Last edited:

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
simply, that's the problem, it's terrible have to find each string (i dunno them, i'v to look 4 them in the game, then find the offset [then a-text it's enough]). it's stg like the emerald.ini that's in progress 4 a-text. i'm wondering if someone has a workin INI with a lot of found stuffs (at least the main story dialogues) already registered for a-text/poketext, smbd that has done a mayor hack of pokemon ruby should have it! or someway to quick find all the textes in a hex editor...

dunno what a read-out is, nor where i can find it ^^ can u explain pliz? ^^''

seen u've skipped my question, i'll redo it in some next reply so it wont get forgotten ^^

Sorry, I don't know anyone who has actually gone very far using only Advance-Text as their primary source of Text editing. If there is someone who has please correct me, but sooner or later your more than likely going to find things that A-text does not have yet. Also, what I meant by read-out was a game script. Pretty early on people will extract the entire script from a game, but you cannot edit it and re-insert it. Also, I skipped your other questions because sadly I did not know the answers to them. Do not dispare though, there are many people I know of that rom hack into other languages (mostly Spanish). It's not impossible, just hard.

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2008
Yea I'm really new to all of this stuff, is there a place I can discuss this and get help with? I'm hoping I can make a real good hack and of course I'll credit anyone who helps

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Yea I'm really new to all of this stuff, is there a place I can discuss this and get help with? I'm hoping I can make a real good hack and of course I'll credit anyone who helps
I'm not sure that there is an exact place. My suggestion to you is read a lot of tutorials, try and make what you want by yourself; and then, when you get stuck, post here. That's how I learned!

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2007
I cannot find a way to add an item in EliteMap, all i want to do is add a pokeball with some masterballs, but i dont know how to add one. I know how to edit existing items to make it a masterball, but i want to know how you can add and item in EliteMap. Thanks a lot!!!

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
Years
Seems like Hiidoran has his helping day^^
So I have a question too (I´m not mad if someone else answers^^):
I´ve downloaded FreeSpaceFinder, I have unlZgba, and I have my Fakemon, but I don´t know;
1.) What to search (the bytes)
2.) what to do with the found number (where to put it in)

If someone knows, please tell me (but not 2 sentences please^^)

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
you cannot "open" a rom in it, you need to write the script in note pad and save it as .rbc, and right click it and select compile. from there bufrite will appear and you choose the destination(the rom you want the script on) then, you click the blue thing in bufrite and select one of those codes, selct burn and it's on the rom.(make sure you right down the first 6-figure number on the first thing, because that's the script offset)
and that's how you do it :)

Then what's PokeScript for?

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2010
Then what's PokeScript for?

compiling all the "message" "setflag" "checkgender" "applymovement" in proper hexadecimal so it can be written back in the rom ;)

u can write "message" while scripting and not "dunno-what-kind-of-code" cos in the pokescript's database the "dunno-what-kind-of-code" is recorded to be read while compiling as "message" ^^ that's the reason for the pokescript and scripted language being a little different. they've differents database. u could also do your own language and call it ShortRangeScript, but fortunately, scripted and pokescript are enough for all your needs ^^

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
compiling all the "message" "setflag" "checkgender" "applymovement" in proper hexadecimal so it can be written back in the rom ;)

u can write "message" while scripting and not "dunno-what-kind-of-code" cos in the pokescript's database the "dunno-what-kind-of-code" is recorded to be read while compiling as "message" ^^ that's the reason for the pokescript and scripted language being a little different. they've differents database. u could also do your own language and call it ShortRangeScript, but fortunately, scripted and pokescript are enough for all your needs ^^

I didn't get a word you said but I think that means that I won't actually be using PokeScript for Scripting.

exedissolve

Straight-edge
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2013
Whenever i try to hack my emerald, and when i test it, the screen just goes white, i don't even see the gamesfrek screen...
anyone know wazzup????

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
Ehrm...I got 2 questions...
1-I'm hacking LeafGreen (see sig :P) and I want to edit the wild Pokémon. But when I load the ROM into bewildered, it gives an error and shuts the program. So does anybody know OR how to fix this OR another program to edit the wild Pokémon in LG?

2-I also need a program that edits trainers for LG. PET doesn't work with me. It just gives the R/S/E trainers. So please, can somebody help me?

Sorry for long post, btw

~Cya, UnitRico

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
exedissolve said:
Whenever i try to hack my emerald, and when i test it, the screen just goes white, i don't even see the gamesfrek screen...
anyone know wazzup????

Try setting your VBA emulator: Options > Emulator > Save Type > Flash 128K

Prof.Redwood said:
Quick question, does anyone know how to change a Pokemon's number in the dex to rearrange the order?? Im hacking FR.

Possibly with hex...but you could overwrite sprites and make a certain number.

UnitRico said:
Ehrm...I got 2 questions...
1-I'm hacking LeafGreen (see sig :P) and I want to edit the wild Pokémon. But when I load the ROM into bewildered, it gives an error and shuts the program. So does anybody know OR how to fix this OR another program to edit the wild Pokémon in LG?

2-I also need a program that edits trainers for LG. PET doesn't work with me. It just gives the R/S/E trainers. So please, can somebody help me?

Sorry for long post, btw

~Cya, UnitRico

1. Try using AdvanceMap it has a wild Pokemon editting feature under each map, Bewildered I think only works with R/S.

2. Try using hex or you could dump the FR/LG trainers using RS Ball, just click Dump GFX Bank after opening the rom...PET can be glitchy at times though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
Ok, thanks Blazichu, but I don't get answer number 2, though.
It's not your fault, it's just me :P I'll ask if someone else could do it.

~Cya, UnitRico

EDIT: Umm...isn't AdvanceMap only for R/S/E? I only see the Hoenn cities there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back