• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
ASM BY JAMBO51 PEOPLE! THIS IS WHY HE QUIT, NOBODY APPRECIATES HIS STUFF
Well if he made a patch for this or a tool I think more people would have appreciate his stuff
not everyone knows how to use asm...
But there's a youtube tutorial at least.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Well if he made a patch for this or a tool I think more people would have appreciate his stuff
not everyone knows how to use hex editor...
But there's a youtube tutorial at least.

It's ASM though. You must have read Hackmew's tutorial on how to insert.

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2013
hey guys, could i get help changing the names of a couple types in firered? do i need to change the type icons via unlz or what? if so can i get some offsets, thanks in advance.

GoGoJJTech

Years
hey guys, could i get help changing the names of a couple types in firered? do i need to change the type icons via unlz or what? if so can i get some offsets, thanks in advance.

Well you need to change the names in text, and the icons too.

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2013
@gogojjtech, thank you kind sir! im gonna look through this now, and this should help with more things down the line as well.

Vicktor Black

Still Working on Red Frost
Years
I want to make it so that ingame you can switch between multiple OWs like being able to transform into a pokemon and then back to being a trainer but I dont know how to do this can anyone help me?

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Hello PC! I was wondering if one of you guys could answer a question I have.

I am currently making tilesets and I changed the look of the grass tileset. However I don't know where to change the animation when you walk on the grass. Anyone know the best way to edit the grass tileset? I could find the grass tile on Tileset Animation Editor so i'm assuming I might have to use a different program or something along those lines?

Well anyway, let me know if you guys know how to edit the grass in the game.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Hello PC! I was wondering if one of you guys could answer a question I have.

I am currently making tilesets and I changed the look of the grass tileset. However I don't know where to change the animation when you walk on the grass. Anyone know the best way to edit the grass tileset? I could find the grass tile on Tileset Animation Editor so i'm assuming I might have to use a different program or something along those lines?

Well anyway, let me know if you guys know how to edit the grass in the game.

Both NSE's have it in the book marks.

I want to make it so that ingame you can switch between multiple OWs like being able to transform into a pokemon and then back to being a trainer but I dont know how to do this can anyone help me?

JPAN's OW hack combined with this addon: http://www.romhackersonline.com/showthread.php?t=14286-REAL-Runtime-Player-Customization-PKMN-GBA

Last edited:

Winter Wonderland

Puts the fun in dysfunctional
Years
I'm having a problem with either XSE or Advanced Map.

I've been creating my hack and I decided to insert some scripts, and they compile fine, but when I go to insert them into Advanced Map, even after I save, they don't perform in game. Like, even something simple like a script for a signpost.

The offset remains in Advanced Map 1.95, but it simply will not work in-game.

I've tried with 1.92 and it still didn't work.

So, I can't figure out what's wrong. I even tried it on a clean Fire Red ROM and it still didn't work.

Please help?

Marohak

Asker of Dumb Questions
Years
How do I go about changing the names of the Towns in Fire Red/Emerald?

...Also, I asked a while back if I could use Newer Gen Overworlds and was told yes, anyone know of a tutorial on how to do that?

Last edited:

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years

I've been creating my hack and I decided to insert some scripts, and they compile fine, but when I go to insert them into Advanced Map, even after I save, they don't perform in game. Like, even something simple like a script for a signpost.

So, I can't figure out what's wrong. I even tried it on a clean Fire Red ROM and it still didn't work.

Please help?

Can you provide an example of a script that you made that didn't work in-game?

How do I go about changing the names of the Towns in Fire Red/Emerald?

...Also, I asked a while back if I could use Newer Gen Overworlds and was told yes, anyone know of a tutorial on how to do that?

You need to expand the OW's sprite size, I think there's a lot of tutorials going on about that.

GoGoJJTech

Years

Please help?

Also, a warning on effects of am 1.95: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7781039&postcount=304

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Does anyone know an offset in the IWRAM where at least 600 (0x258) bytes can be stored in an Emerald version (BPEE)? Or does anyone know how I can find an offset? My attempts keep getting me mixed results, which all result in crashes, slow downs, or speedups...

GoGoJJTech

Years
Does anyone know an offset in the IWRAM where at least 600 (0x258) bytes can be stored in an Emerald version (BPEE)? Or does anyone know how I can find an offset? My attempts keep getting me mixed results, which all result in crashes, slow downs, or speedups...

Just go in VBA's memory viewer under the tools tab. Then look for FF bytes there. Just make sure there are none at the time of the event, since the RAM is constantly used and updated.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Is there any way to lock the camera in FR? So that it doesn't follow the player.

I'm trying to make a script using movecamera, but instead of the camera returning to the player, I want the player to run onto the screen. When I do this, however, the camera moves too.

GoGoJJTech

Years
Is there any way to lock the camera in FR? So that it doesn't follow the player.

I'm trying to make a script using movecamera, but instead of the camera returning to the player, I want the player to run onto the screen. When I do this, however, the camera moves too.

No, yet imagination is key.
Have a fadescreen to black
hide the player
fadescreen to normal
have a new person event run onto the screen into your spot
have him face up
show you
hide the new person event

Bam, you just "ran onto the screen"

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Just go in VBA's memory viewer under the tools tab. Then look for FF bytes there. Just make sure there are none at the time of the event, since the RAM is constantly used and updated.

Free space in RAM is denoted by back to back 00's, not FFs, but otherwise you're 100% right.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Free space in RAM is denoted by back to back 00's, not FFs, but otherwise you're 100% right.

Ok, I was thinking that's what he meant. The only FF bytes I could find were in very small clusters, whereas I found hundreds of 00 bytes. Thanks for clarifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back