• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Carbon Version (RMXP)

How is it so far?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Aww... The sprite of Pyaroo is clearly in view, but my computer won't show Eurdeer. Everyone is saying it's a good one, but all I can do is take their word for it.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Well I'll just have to fix that so you can view it...Can you see this one?
Flaraeer4.png

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
i'm sorry fmp... the new fire doe looks beautiful...but it doesn't seem to fit the starter base... although doing things differently never seemed to bother us before...

But i still like pyaroo and his famiy! i just liked his idea... his entries ^_^ and his design... the new proposed starter seems kinda big for a basic starter, how big would his evo's get? if you noticed, all the pokemon of grotto are a bit smaller than usual, something i purposely did to emphasize the "big three" and also which a side effect of species displacement, especially on a new region.

as for burlassie...i like the new sprite much more! it is far more complex, and not as 2D as the old one... just the legs need some work, they seem really skinny and stick strait...

i'll pm for the rest i have to say...

Den

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2009
Pyaroo has a better sprite in my opinion, but Eurudeer is a better concept.
So I think you should use Eurudeer but keep Pyaroo somewhere in the dex.

<~F.M.P~>

Years
Thank you to all votes. So far the score is

New Old
3-----4

The voting ends this Friday so please, please vote If you haven't.

Pika Storm

learning to script
Years
I like the old one, the new one looks good, but for like a rattata/sentret/zigzagoon pokemon. (when I say that I mean one of the normal type pokemon that is spread throughout the region and can be caught from the begining).

BTW, the new one looks a bit flat, like gsc, just to let you know

<~F.M.P~>

Years
UPDATE:

Okay...I haven't given a reasonable update in at least 2 weeks for the simple fact that I've been really busy helping others with there games... so I think it's about that time!

The new Firestarter will be:
Thestarters-1.png

Well the results are in, and It's time to show who won the majority votes...The Firestarter for Carbon will BEEEEE!

Spoiler:

Hmmmm...What now...Oh I guess this will do.

The new Titlescreen:

Well We ALL wanted a new one(Myself included)So I did just that! take a look below.
Spoiler:

Info: Okay so You may or may not be wondering, why are there 2 pictures? One Black, and one blue?...Well Just like in Ruby, and sapphire the main parts on the legendary on the title screen glow in and out!. I hope you all like it!

New things In-game:

Well of course there have been a few problems mentioned to me about some of the screens, but now I have started to work on them. Here are a few! Also new info.

Spoiler:

Explanation of screens in order from left to right:
pic 1- The main professor of the game...It was originally the flame gymleader for the game used as a replacement, but now We finally have her!
Pic 2-Okay as many of you know. That's the load, continue, new, etc. screen. We now have a new background for it, and the plain boxes will be replaced and shown hopefully in next times update.
pic 3- Just a simple screen of the grass/bug pokemon and the grass starter Velgrus. Whats new about this? Well nothing except that Velgruses palette and shading is new and improved...I'll keep working on it until it's perfect!
pic 4- Well That would be the First Gym leader you face! Hiru, uses bird type pokemon(remind you of anyone?)

New OW'S:

Thanx to Lornami and her amazing talent. The game finally has new heroine OW's and I couldn't be any happier with the work shown in them.

Spoiler:

The thing I love most is that when she moves...Her hair sways!...It took me a sec to notice.

The new map:

Well I was told that my mapping needs work so thats exactly what I'm trying to do. As you can see below...This is the new map for Bailey City.

Spoiler:

The bottom of the map leads to route 1 and Giltine Town, and the top left leads to Route 3
Comments critique?

Bonus Round:

Now it's time for the bonus round where I show or talk about a little something extra
In this bonus round, you get to see some new pokemon!

Spoiler:

Well thats it for now...I hope you all enjoyed...Now that thats all out of the way...I'll leave you with next updates screen teaser.

Spoiler:

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
okay first of all man: loved the teaser wonder what happened to that mart., and a great idea with the titlescreen. great screens and you know already i loved that bug cricket pokemon, next is the gym leader screen. thats ovous flacor (or something like that) first gym in johto, flying type. ive already commented on the shadows and stuff to you. i had a sneak peak at this and still loved it man. great job

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Wow. It's a huge update.
I'm glad to see that.
Btw, I think I already tell you the way to change the window in Pokemon Load screen.
Hope to see update for it next time.

<~F.M.P~>

Years
ooo very nice Flood ^^
i see there will be a new water starter?
No...New sprites have been made for it however...all Starters have been or are currently being redone with proper shading, different poses, etc. and thank you ^^

okay first of all man: loved the teaser wonder what happened to that mart., and a great idea with the titlescreen. great screens and you know already i loved that bug cricket pokemon, next is the gym leader screen. thats ovous flacor (or something like that) first gym in johto, flying type. ive already commented on the shadows and stuff to you. i had a sneak peak at this and still loved it man. great job
Thank you. The shadow effect has to deal with the script in which I will attempt to edit later on. but thanx for the comment!

Wow. It's a huge update.
I'm glad to see that.
Btw, I think I already tell you the way to change the window in Pokemon Load screen.
Hope to see update for it next time.
Thanx! You did tell me, but It didn't work out quite how I expected to so I'll have to try again later, but It should be done by the time the next update rolls around.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Wonderful. I love the new sprites, including the heroine and actual professor. It's a refreshing change to a lot of the molds of many other games. I must admit that the back sprite for Velgrus is a little misproportioned, but that's hardly noticeable.
The title screen is different, yet in a good way. I also like the new map, although it seems empty in some places.
My favorite part is the ruined town screenshot. I once had the idea for burned-out ruins, but I never knew what it would look like in pokemon graphics. Now, I know.

<~F.M.P~>

Years
Wonderful. I love the new sprites, including the heroine and actual professor. It's a refreshing change to a lot of the molds of many other games. I must admit that the back sprite for Velgrus is a little misproportioned, but that's hardly noticeable.
The title screen is different, yet in a good way. I also like the new map, although it seems empty in some places.
My favorite part is the ruined town screenshot. I once had the idea for burned-out ruins, but I never knew what it would look like in pokemon graphics. Now, I know.

Thank you h POKE. The backsprite of Velgrus is at least a year old( I've been planning this for quite a while.)so I'll be making another one while I'm away. Also speaking of ruines I have a small update showing a few screens of new events and ingame materials for those of you who are actually looking at the game.

Update:

Well usually I have a really big update for the game, but today I'm just going to show a few screens.

Latestupdatescreen.png

Info on screens in order(right to left)
Pic 1 - Thats what the new continue, new game, options, etc. screen will look like in game
pic 2 - How do you go from a nice warm looking cave. to staring at a sign that says confidential area only? Well I don't want to ruin the story for those of you interested.
pic 3 - Ruins...Yes from earthquakes...wait black water? Yes black water(and a floating tree trunk)...Theirs more to this earthquake then you know(an earthquake wasn't the only thing that occured.) we'll just have to wait and see.
pic 4 - Just a continuation of the warning...SUB-ZERO Temperatures?...Wonder why?

Well Thats it for now. When I come back I'll give a big update.​

Pika Storm

learning to script
Years
I don't mean to be a stickler or anything, but nothing can survive even one second in subzero temperatures, so if they were to find out that it was subzero, they would be dead and could not have put up the sigh :\

But anyway, the new screenies look awsome!
icon10.gif

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Most people are capable of surviving in conditions below zero (either centigrade or fahrenheit) for a good amount of time before contracting frostbite. With a good coat on, a sub-zero cave is pretty believable...
Anyways, the update is cool, especially the curved menu format. Although I must admit I was a little disappointed that the town in the top left was only destroyed by an earthquake (expecting sabotage, much?), your updates are still intriguing as ever.

Theik

Fancy Cape Knight
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2014
You're most likely thinking 'absolute zero', which is −459.67 degrees Fahrenheit. Sub-zero only requires temperatures below zero, which is like -17 degrees celcius.

The north pole is colder than that during the winter, and last I checked, there's plenty of stuff there that survives for longer than a second. ;)

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Good update.
But for the first screenshot, the text is dark, so the box should be light colour.
Just to tell you. It's hard to see the text clearly.

<~F.M.P~>

Years
I don't mean to be a stickler or anything, but nothing can survive even one second in subzero temperatures, so if they were to find out that it was subzero, they would be dead and could not have put up the sign :\

But anyway, the new screenies look awsome!
icon10.gif

Thank you.

Most people are capable of surviving in conditions below zero (either centigrade or fahrenheit) for a good amount of time before contracting frostbite. With a good coat on, a sub-zero cave is pretty believable...
Anyways, the update is cool, especially the curved menu format. Although I must admit I was a little disappointed that the town in the top left was only destroyed by an earthquake (expecting sabotage, much?), your updates are still intriguing as ever.

Lol...Like I said...It's waaaayyy more than just an earthquake this time. We'll just have to wait and see.

You're most likely thinking 'absolute zero', which is −459.67 degrees Fahrenheit. Sub-zero only requires temperatures below zero, which is like -17 degrees celcius.

The north pole is colder than that during the winter, and last I checked, there's plenty of stuff there that survives for longer than a second. ;)

Thank you for the clarification :)

Good update.
But for the first screenshot, the text is dark, so the box should be light colour.
Just to tell you. It's hard to see the text clearly.

Thank you very much Omega...I'll change it tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back