• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Can't wait to lay the smackdown on the game, but I do feel the need to ask though, were the elemental punches physical or special moves without the physical/special split, if it's special can someone please tell me what I should replace with Conkeldur's Payback, also, DRG, if u r planning on giving Close Combat in Beta 2, would u consider replacing Thrash with it. Another bug , is that after I beat Kayo or that Silver look alike guy, for the final time in the beta, u know the cave where Pete dissapears to, for some reason, I can't get through the cave meaning that I can't even enter it, so I couldn't fight evil Pete T-T . Last question, r u still considering putting The Magician's intro theme from the House of the Dead II in Beta 2? Sorry for the continuous questions I wanna let out what I have been meaning to ask u all along. Sorry :(

Sorry, the theme didn't make the cut since I couldn't find any music inserter. I'm going to build a diverse group of hackers in a team for dark rising 2. So it may possibly be in that one when you FINALLY face DARUGIS. Also, if you couldn't get through that cave, then you must've had an older rom and didn't download the updated version. But all of that should be clear in the final version. I'm uploading it...Now. Wait 15 minutes before downloading from the main post. ENJOY ^.^ (I'll post when it's offically finally up)

Dark Rising 1 the full completed hack is now released and up on the main post to download. It's highly recommended that you start over to experience the full hack and play through 2 new events that play a huge role in what's to come in the sequel. Thank You Everyone & Enjoy. Remember, if you spot any serious errors or glitches, please post them here. I will be checking in every now and then to correct them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Um, I still am seeing beta 1 in the download list, what's happening.

No, it says "Pokemon DarkRising1" below wild pokemon list. It just has a similar title to the last rom I uploaded. That's the final version, just download it and see the difference yourself.

And right after I upload it I notice 2 tile errors in Tiki Village's boarder blocks lol. Ignore that for now guys, I'll fix it up when I get the chance. But yea, the rom that's on the main post now is the complete hack.

Years
No, it says "Pokemon DarkRising1" below wild pokemon list. It just has a similar title to the last rom I uploaded. That's the final version, just download it and see the difference yourself.

And right after I upload it I notice 2 tile errors in Tiki Village's boarder blocks lol. Ignore that for now guys, I'll fix it up when I get the chance. But yea, the rom that's on the main post now is the complete hack.
Sorry again but there is no new music is there? All will have trainer battle music like before no?

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Sorry again but there is no new music is there? All will have trainer battle music like before no?

Yeah, if I can find a music inserter we'll come back to this hack and change the music up for abit. I need a loooong rest everyone, I've put in a lot of work. I assure you no errors will stop your play through or ruin the hack's progression for you. If you do spot an error, I 99.9% guarantee it's a minor problem and nothing major. So for now, let me get some rest before I fix up anything.

Years
Playing Beta 2 i saw that after the first battle with 3 grunts after the event they stay there
EDIT : I cant get back to the forest after entering TIKI Village

kensarcher

Hack Addict
Years
IM PLAYING IT NOW ON MY PSP WEEEEE.. I STARTED PLAYING HITS GAME 1 WEEK AGO AND I FOUND IT SPECTACULAR FOR A HACK, I THOUGHT POKEMON HACK WAS JUST A WASTE OF TIME TO PLAY BUT I WAS WRONG :D SINCE THE FIRST DAY I PLAY DARK RISING MY THOUGHTS WERE BEGUN TO CHANGE... NOW I LOVE PLAYING HACKS SPECIALY THIS GAME MORE POWERS DARK RISING GIRL MORE HACKS TO COME!

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Playing Beta 2 i saw that after the first battle with 3 grunts after the event they stay there
EDIT : I cant get back to the forest after entering TIKI Village

I'll fix that right away, sorry. That was due to the changes atif made to mapping. You'll be able to get back to tiki village shortly after I fix that and re-upload it.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
UPDATE EVERYONE! DOWNLOAD THE ROM NOW!

I fix that small error that prevented you from going back to twist woodlands. sorry about that first rom I uploaded. Everything should go smoothly now til the end of the hack. I completely forgot to change the tile that warps you back to twist woodlands from tiki village since atif re-maped the area. It's all fixed now!!! ENJOY

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 25, 2021
Yeah, if I can find a music inserter we'll come back to this hack and change the music up for abit. I need a loooong rest everyone, I've put in a lot of work. I assure you no errors will stop your play through or ruin the hack's progression for you. If you do spot an error, I 99.9% guarantee it's a minor problem and nothing major. So for now, let me get some rest before I fix up anything.
Ha ha ha..I'm sure you need some rest after releasing final version of DarkRising 1..its awesome..i'm playing with my old sav file..the game is now more perfect due to day & night effects,right??:)

ps-hey i just wanted to know that is it normal for those scripts to run again & again?? i tried 2 give a description about that problem in my previous post..just so you may know,i don't have any problem with that..:)

BUG found- hey after you battle fighting dojo's leader you get the option 2 choose sawk & throh but whichever pokeball i choose i get throh..i can't get sawk

Last edited:

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
awesome! this is how many years in development? anyways, kudos on finishing your first official hack DRG, i will most certainly play it. im sure this will become one of the greats because its quality and build-up were amazing and i applaud you that you actually stuck by your hack unlike a lot of other hackers who abandon their hack after their first beta. good luck on DR2, looking foward to another great hack by you~

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2012
The first time I met Adrian and his lv90 Umbreon, battled him won, then whited out.
Can you confirm?
It seems like its part of the story line, but it happened twice now and he's still there.

edit: I've skimmed through the thread, and assume that the umbreon is a failed script Lugia?

Last edited:

kensarcher

Hack Addict
Years
help bug. after defeating the dark champion (before entering numassity city) the dialogue stuck at "who is this guy?", i know that the scene ends there but it didnt cut it perhaps its stuck. the scene is "my pokemon facing the dark champion" and the dialogue "who is this guy?" then stuck pls help

kensarcher

Hack Addict
Years
Just copy the xxx.sav file, rename it to match the rom name.

im done doin it after i finish downloading the rom.. my save works fine but when i challange the dark champion after defeating kai's dad, the game encounter a dialogue problem on "who is this guy?" (scene:my pokemon facing the dark champion) and it didnt cut the scene but the winning bgm continously playing..

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2012
Loving the hack, havn't been checking this for some time and im loving that you used my kyurem/black/white sprites

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2012
im done doin it after i finish downloading the rom.. my save works fine but when i challange the dark champion after defeating kai's dad, the game encounter a dialogue problem on "who is this guy?" (scene:my pokemon facing the dark champion) and it didnt cut the scene but the winning bgm continously playing..

Same problem. If you press b you just lose, but atleast you dont freeze there.
How did you beat him? I dd'ed 3 times with lv60 mence and a few hyper potions. Brick break is 2HKO.
I was answering the guy above you.

Mia-san

A Cute Victini.
Years
Hi, DRG. I played this hack until the end and I enjoy it. :) I just want to say something.

- N, Elite Four and Champion Adrian have a VERY big OW sprite. :shocked:
- When I battle the elite four and champion, all of them had a different battle sprite unlike the OWs.
- Did you changed the Elite Four and Champion's named and team? 'Cause I battle the normal one.
- I can't passed Adrian when I first battle him, so I removed him using A-Map.

That's all I've to say. I can't wait for Dark Rising 2 and future release! :laugh:

~ Mia.

Last edited:
Back