• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Well i have adjusted my last script, but it still doesn't work
Spoiler:

Using that script, the player's gonna be stuck forever. You need to add a loophole to allow the player to leave after completing a certain task.
Also, did you change the Var Number and Unknown value in A-Map. Its not going to work if you don't. Which version of XSE are you using?

Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2015
Game: Fire red
Type: Shiny wild battle
Editor: XSE
Script:
Spoiler:

I want to make gyardos to be shiny and i don't know how to do it.. I searched for 2 hours and nothing. Can anyone help?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Game: Fire red
Type: Shiny wild battle
Editor: XSE
Script:
Spoiler:

I want to make gyardos to be shiny and i don't know how to do it.. I searched for 2 hours and nothing. Can anyone help?

For easy methods, use HackMew's Shinyzer tool.
And then, view this tutorial to know how it works.

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2020
Hello, I have just a basic script attached to a script (as opposed to a person or signpost), that plays a message when you step on the space, The script is this (sorry, I dont know spoiler tags)

#org @start
'-----------------------------------
lock
message @Text1 0x06
release
end

#org @Text1
= Hello World!

However, when I step on that spot in the game, the lock command works, but I cant do anything else (the music still works), I tried doing the message differently or trying one of PKSV's in built script's but they didnt work, thank you

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to mention Im hacking the english version of Firered

droomph

weeb
Years
Hello, I have just a basic script attached to a script (as opposed to a person or signpost), that plays a message when you step on the space, The script is this (sorry, I dont know spoiler tags)

#org @start
lock
message @Text1 0x06
release
end

#org @Text1
= Hello World!

However, when I step on that spot in the game, the lock command works, but I cant do anything else (the music still works), I tried doing the message differently or trying one of PKSV's in built script's but they didnt work, thank you

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to mention Im hacking the english version of Firered
Try faceplayer. Also, try a Person event instead. That's the only thing I see wrong.

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2020
Try faceplayer. Also, try a Person event instead. That's the only thing I see wrong.

Ok, Ill try, can I easily get a player event to talk when I step on a space, I originally had a checkflag to see if I'd picked up my starter (an eevee) before I left my room, but when that didnt work I eventually cut it back to get basics working

Crocky

SuperScarlet!
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2020
How would you make a Slot Machine script in emerald?
My default ones got messed up somehow and I don't know how to make a new one.

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2022
Game: Fire Red
Type: Trigger
Editor: PKSV
Script:
Spoiler:

Essentially causes a series of text boxes to appear and then initiate a trainer battle. Instead, the game just freezes as soon as the trigger is stepped on while the music still plays.

droomph

weeb
Years
Game: Fire Red
Type: Trigger
Editor: PKSV
Script:
Spoiler:
Essentially causes a series of text boxes to appear and then initiate a trainer battle. Instead, the game just freezes as soon as the trigger is stepped on while the music still plays.
Number one, try using \p instead of multiple text boxes, and then use control codes to change the color.

Also, you are REQUIRED to put both @intro AND @defeat, so you might as well put the intro into the @intro part.
How would you make a Slot Machine script in emerald?
My default ones got messed up somehow and I don't know how to make a new one.
Default roulette:
Spoiler:
Default slot:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

wierddude22

New hacker
Years
Me again, I have adjusted my script again and it is almost working

Spoiler:

It makes you step back but the message box doesn't even appear, do i have to use a different type of message box?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
hi im new here, ma question is, how you gonn
make an event [in this case a person] to hide without to use a script before it hides?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Me again, I have adjusted my script again and it is almost working

Spoiler:

It makes you step back but the message box doesn't even appear, do i have to use a different type of message box?

the command waitmovement should follow after the applymovement command.
That's the only thing I spotted wrong.

Toon Link

POKEMON TRAINER
Years
  • Seen May 14, 2014
Whats good Pokecommunity
Im hacking emerald and for some reason, the battle is working fine but I cant get the NPC to say anything after I defeat it
Here is my script
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
trainerbattle 0x0 0x01A 0x0 @before @after
msgbox @beaten 0x6
release
end

#org @before
= You can't pass!\pBoss ARIANA said no one can!

#org @after
= Urrf...\pStay out of TEAM ROCKET's way!

#org @beaten
= I shouldn't worry.\pThe boss will finish you off\nsoon enough.

Echidna

Years
Whats good Pokecommunity
Im hacking emerald and for some reason, the battle is working fine but I cant get the NPC to say anything after I defeat it
Here is my script

Easy fix! You used a normal battle command. That way, the NPC will only say what you're placed under the @beaten tag, once you talk to him again after the battle. To make it automated(as in he talks to you directly after the battle), you need to replace the 0x0 parameter after the trainerbattle command, with a 0x1, therefor changing the battle to a special battle. You will then add the @beaten extension to that very command, instead of making it its own command.

Doing this however, you've added a new script parameter to the battle command, but not a text parameter. Under the script parameter, enter a message command, and you're good. It will look like so:

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
trainerbattle 0x1 0x01A 0x0 @before @after @beaten
release
end

#org @before

#org @after

#org @beaten
msgbox @beaten11 0x6
release
end

#org @beaten11

Try that!

Toon Link

POKEMON TRAINER
Years
  • Seen May 14, 2014

Easy fix! You used a normal battle command. That way, the NPC will only say what you're placed under the @beaten tag, once you talk to him again after the battle. To make it automated(as in he talks to you directly after the battle), you need to replace the 0x0 parameter after the trainerbattle command, with a 0x1, therefor changing the battle to a special battle. You will then add the @beaten extension to that very command, instead of making it its own command.

Doing this however, you've added a new script parameter to the battle command, but not a text parameter. Under the script parameter, enter a message command, and you're good. It will look like so:

Try that!

Sorry I think I explained it wrongly.
Its a normal trainer battle, and you know how after you defeat a trainer you can talk to them on the worldmap and they will say something right?
Like "Oh you did good and next time ill beat you" or something like that. When I talk to the NPC on the world map after the battle, it doesn't show the text at all, you just hear a clicking sound.

Thanks for your help anyway :D

droomph

weeb
Years
Its a normal trainer battle, and you know how after you defeat a trainer you can talk to them on the worldmap and they will say something right?
Like "Oh you did good and next time ill beat you" or something like that. When I talk to the NPC on the world map after the battle, it doesn't show the text at all, you just hear a clicking sound.

Try adding a seperate msgbox after the battle.
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
trainerbattle 0x1 0x01A 0x0 @before @after
msgbox @beaten 0x2
release
end

#org @before

#org @after

#org @beaten
msgbox @beaten11 0x6
release
end

#org @beaten11
Here is an example from the actual game for reference:
Code:
#org 0x81EC1CA
trainerbattle 0x0 0x25B 0x0 0x829489E 0x82948F3
msgbox 0x8294916 ' To keep winning my w...
callstd MSG_LOCK ' Built-in lock command
end

#org 0x829489E
= I'm going to keep winning and aim\nto be the best TRAINER.\pHelp me further my career!

#org 0x82948F3
= I ended up furthering your career[.]

#org 0x8294916
= To keep winning my way up, I see that\nI have to catch more POK\eMON.

Last edited:

Echidna

Years

In that case, I see nothing wrong. Try changing the script's offset.

Try adding a seperate msgbox after the battle.
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
trainerbattle 0x1 0x01A 0x0 @before @after
msgbox @beaten 0x2
release
end

#org @before

#org @after

#org @beaten
msgbox @beaten11 0x6
release
end

#org @beaten11
Here is an example from the actual game for reference:
Code:
#org 0x81EC1CA
trainerbattle 0x0 0x25B 0x0 0x829489E 0x82948F3
msgbox 0x8294916 ' To keep winning my w...
callstd MSG_LOCK ' Built-in lock command
end

#org 0x829489E
= I'm going to keep winning and aim\nto be the best TRAINER.\pHelp me further my career!

#org 0x82948F3
= I ended up furthering your career[.]

#org 0x8294916
= To keep winning my way up, I see that\nI have to catch more POK\eMON.

That wouldn't work at all, no offense. You created an @beaten 'message' pointer, and then filled it with another message command. Your game would freeze.

Toon Link

POKEMON TRAINER
Years
  • Seen May 14, 2014

In that case, I see nothing wrong. Try changing the script's offset.

That wouldn't work at all, no offense. You created an @beaten 'message' pointer, and then filled it with another message command. Your game would freeze.

Fixed the problem, I was using V1.0 XSE lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back