• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Well the thing is, I've tried that already. I'm not misinterpreting the rules. Half the time the mods seem a little unsure and whey they are sure its something unconventional to my OP and has to be modified specifically to the rules in that sections likings liking so that certain sentences are to their own liking. Whos liking? The Moderators liking, now I am not entirely sure what the guidelines of a moderator does like what they look for or is it something they see in a sentence that makes their own head flash red?

Now I'll admit I've had 2 threads locked and one moved. I've read the rules and I tried my best to word them properly. However you guys have to go and change what the words mean for whatever reason. Challenge doesn't mean to challenge someone it has to do with playing through a game solo, mono-type etc. Hell right now I can send you the thread I proposed to the mod who apparently has to approve of my post. I have to save my posts in notepad before posting encase of it getting locked because I made a mistake. I thank the fellow who moved my one of my threads.

I have to wait now for this mod to approve of the thread I made. This isn't the first time I am posting. I was in fact told by a mod from another section to post my thread there. So that is what I am doing. I miss when these forums were simple to post in... I could have posted this way back in 2008 in the section I original posted in today...

Even the moderator of the challenges posted in that section way back when for challenges.

Here

Then heres my thread.

Here

Three years too late.

Because 3 years ago, to my knowledge, there wasn't a section devoted to Challenges, so that section was the best place until demand made it a possibility. And your idea looks not suitable as a challenge as it is only for the benefit of you and one other, so could be like a Let's Play between 2 people simultaneously, but it isn't. It's a really difficult thing to place. Your idea is good though, just isn't really something that can perhaps sustain a thread in the Challenges section, as it would just be you and one other, so could work as a Lets Play if you make that decision.

As for your ideas, I'm at a loss. I see what you are saying about the Wi Fi area, but most Wi Fi functions are here on PC already - trading, help with Wi Fi (in the Computer area), Competitive battling, probably even WI Fi activities, and they all fit in those areas. And for the In Game help, the Simple Questions at the moment work, and is a nice area to ask questions, as far as I know.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Banjora is right, the section dedicated to Challenges is recent. The one you brought up though has been dead for a couple years before the inception of the Challenges forum.

Also I don't see much point of a Wifi Forum anymore when they are perfectly find split how they are. On top of that we don't need In-Game RMT for every Generation when we have one here http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=236 which encompasses all the Generations. And having Tournaments under Wifi wouldn't make sense either since most these days are conducted through Pokemon Online.

I'm not sure what you are meaning by whats with all the rules, as in the ones you put in the Spoiler which are common sense to maintaining control of any online community. The sub forums rules are to maintain order within those forums so people know where to post and what type of topics people are allowed to post about.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
If you want to try to set up that section differently, I would post a new thread in CQF about it instead of on here. That way you could get some real replies. Although I would try to word it a bit more clearly because what you're saying is very confusing. You asked for explanation on rules that you later say make sense. You jump from the topic of challenges to rules referring to threads that obviously most people on here don't know much about, with little to no segue. Try separating out your ideas into clear, concise explanations and then posting them as their own thread, considering this thread is merely for quick questions and where specifically to post things.

Soul Saint

Ghost~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
I just joined the PC yesterday, and have been interested more and more in rom hacks over the past week or so. Before posting anywhere else, wanted to ask this: Where could I post a story/plot for any team to see? I've got no skills when it comes to hacking a mod(Plus my laptop can't handle it without a new fan) and wouldn't mind giving out what I've got in mind.

I'd be posting an intro and some features to it that I've thought of - Not the entire thing. There a thread for un-claimed stories/plots for teams to use? If not, could I or a mod make one for writers such as myself...? It could be a nice way to work on putting together teams for making hacks.(If it's not around already, that is)

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
It seems what you are looking for is he [Help workshop] Quick storyline idea thread. Here is where you can post your story line ideas and get the opinion of the other hackers. Although, it is best to have some sort of hacking skill, as you will have a tough time finding people to do YOUR hack for you. Good luck w

Soul Saint

Ghost~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
I know I'd have a hard time finding people to do that. Which is why I'd like to just put it out there for another group to just take - Using me as a consultant.(If anything at all)

That thread isn't entirely what I had in mind, as it appears to be just there to help get an idea going. Hence why I asked if there was a spot here first. I'll post there anyway - Thank you for responding, I do appreciate the help either way.

Years
I hope its okay to post in here, but I'm having trouble finding a place where i can ask this question:
Everytime I try and go into the chat, it shows the Java symbol, and a blue thing circling it, then threre's a load bar under it, but no matter how long I wait, it never fills up, its just blank....do i need to upgrade Java or something? I really wanna see what the chat room is all about D:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I hope its okay to post in here, but I'm having trouble finding a place where i can ask this question:
Everytime I try and go into the chat, it shows the Java symbol, and a blue thing circling it, then threre's a load bar under it, but no matter how long I wait, it never fills up, its just blank....do i need to upgrade Java or something? I really wanna see what the chat room is all about D:

It is possible that you need to upgrade java, but if I were you I would just go to Mibbit instead. Use these instructions to get there!

Years
It's also possible that you clicked the wrong answer on one of the two popups that comes up when you use the JavaChat. The first one asks you for permission to run the app, and the second one asks you if you want to block the Java required for the chatroom to run.

ShadowGrey

Graphix Master
Years
This might seem like an incredibly simple thing to ask, but what would i do to make a signature? is there a thread? like from start to finish, it must be so simple, everyone has them! except me... haha!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
This might seem like an incredibly simple thing to ask, but what would i do to make a signature? is there a thread? like from start to finish, it must be so simple, everyone has them! except me... haha!

If you click the "User CP" button, there's an option in the drop-down called "Edit Signature". There you can add text, bbcode, images, links, and whatever you'd like as long as it's withing the signature rules. If you're looking for how to use CSS to make a more complex signature such as donavannj's or my own, check out the thread explaining CSS. :)

ShadowGrey

Graphix Master
Years

If you click the "User CP" button, there's an option in the drop-down called "Edit Signature". There you can add text, bbcode, images, links, and whatever you'd like as long as it's withing the signature rules. If you're looking for how to use CSS to make a more complex signature such as donavannj's or my own, check out the thread explaining CSS. :)

Thank you very much, now finished my signature. However it doesn't seem to be appearing on my posts, is this because I need to set it up to? or just post it as a picture every time? Sorry if this is bothersome but I really appreciate it!

ShadowGrey

Graphix Master
Years
Did you click "Save Signature"?

Haha, yeh I did, my signature is saved, and is there if I click the edit signature tab, doesn't seem to want to appear though. Is it supposed to just work straight away?

I've just noticed the insert signature link, clicked it and it inserted something into the box you would normally type your signature into, not sure if it's made a difference though.

Last edited:

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
I'm not totally sure, but I think it will only show the signature on new posts, because in all your old posts there wasn't a check in the "Show your signature" box. But I could be wrong.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Your sig won't show up in old posts, yeah. It defaults to adding your signature automatically to future posts though, and there's a checkbox on each post that says "Show your signature" that should be checked by default.

ShadowGrey

Graphix Master
Years
I'm not totally sure, but I think it will only show the signature on new posts, because in all your old posts there wasn't a check in the "Show your signature" box. But I could be wrong.

You have a good point there, and I haven't made any new posts, just revised old ones, I guess it's time I found out then.

-Bingo!

Last edited:

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
I kind of want to start a discussion about that random huge yellow guy sprite on the Ruby ROMs, but where in the Emulation section would I put that?

Years
is there any way that i can delete all of the threads and posts that i've made?
and then how can i delete my account?
i don't really want this website showing up when people google my name...:P

Holidaze

Celestial Daze's Holiday Alt.
Years
I kind of want to start a discussion about that random huge yellow guy sprite on the Ruby ROMs, but where in the Emulation section would I put that?

Look,my best guess would be the Advanced Section on Pokemon gaming General as it's a discussion of an official game ...

BTW, is there a CSS tutorial here on PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back