• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Linking Accounts

Would you support this idea?

• Total voters

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
Years
Don't really see much point in this. D: Like mentioned, different browsers work. And I'm not sure if switching alt accounts on one user is that big of an issue for a lot of people..

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Pretty much what the others said. :x I don't think we really need something like this, due to the percentage of those swapping between alts constantly isn't that high, though if it's possible to be done and someone does it, then I'm fine with that too, but I don't think it's necessary. I also don't get how it would make PC more efficient...?

From the way you described it, it sounds more like a hassle to go to a list and pick out your alt. :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
o/ I like this idea. I have alt accounts, and while I don't necessarily use them much, it's nice to have the ability to seamlessly switch between accounts. I know it's possible, because I'm a member of a few other vBulletin forums that have this feature. Incredibly convenient for those who do have multiple accounts.

Using necessity as an argument against something makes me scratch my head. If were were to judge if something is necessary, so many things should be removed. O__o;

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I like the idea, but I'm concerned that it would just be another thing for PC to have to load / process. xD;

As awesome as it would be (since I have periods of times where I use my alts quite often), I've always considered it as lazy for me to not to want to logout, and log back in to use my alt, just because it takes too long. Because really, ohmygod it takes maybe 30 seconds, and four clicks. xD;

The idea is neat, I'm just kind of torn.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
..You dont have to run everything at once Team Fail xD ..my mom yells at me if I have more the one tab open -_- /dont listen
Diff browsers to work, but it would be nice feature. I dont really use my alt though, only for trying new profile themes. but it is a nice feature to have.
let us save themes already

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
Years
I don't have an alt but as long as it doesn't stress the server enough that you'll be able to tell I like the idea.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
..You dont have to run everything at once Team Fail xD ..my mom yells at me if I have more the one tab open -_- /dont listen
Lol, really? I literally have... 34 tabs open right now. Sometimes even more.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
That.. must be some RAM you have, Quilava. xD;
If I have five or six tabs open, my computer gets loud.

But yeah, I suppose I'm not so torn. I like the idea, but I don't want it to be done if it's gonna be hard for PC to handle. I doubt I'll chance my stance, unless someone comes along and and is all "O PC WOULD BE FINE".

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
Years
I don't dislike the idea, but if it is implemented the way you describe it, it can be abused. If it has a quick switching mode for people with the same IP address, then if someone's sibling is a member of PC they could access their account at any time. Making it staff-approved would probably be very time-consuming for staff, as many people have over 5 accounts, and I suppose the staff would have to go verify that its actually the same person. I believe the right way to go about this would be facebook relationship-style: Request linked account status from your alt, go on that alt and accept, and have like 4 confirmation boxes so nobody will accidentally accept and give account access to random people.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I don't dislike the idea, but if it is implemented the way you describe it, it can be abused. If it has a quick switching mode for people with the same IP address, then if someone's sibling is a member of PC they could access their account at any time. Making it staff-approved would probably be very time-consuming for staff, as many people have over 5 accounts, and I suppose the staff would have to go verify that its actually the same person. I believe the right way to go about this would be facebook relationship-style: Request linked account status from your alt, go on that alt and accept, and have like 4 confirmation boxes so nobody will accidentally accept and give account access to random people.
The plugin would give you a page in your user CP where you can link an account. To link your accounts, you'd type in your password and username, and (if successful), the accounts will be linked and you'd be able to switch between the two with only logging into one. I really don't think that'd be "abused" and staff doesn't need to have to verify anything.

To get a good understanding, off the top of my head, Bulbagarden forums has this feature.

Melody

Banned
Years
I don't like this idea at all. It provides vulnerability...exploit one of the linked accounts and you have a fast line into all accounts linked into it!

This is especially risky with high level staff accounts which have lots of power. Once they're logged in they can cause damage using whatever accounts are linked in a snap!

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
What I fail to see is... why? I have an alt that has more posts then some people who posted in this thread, but still... why? If you want to post on your alt then use another browser and post on it that way.
You could say "it's easier/quicker" well... how? I mean the changes would likely be made in the User CP or profile, that takes 2 clicks to go to the CP, another click to go to Options, likely a drop down or check box to pick the profile, and then another click to save. Why would I do that when all I got to do is open up another browser? All I got to do is double click IE, and then click the PC bookmark on the header. Way faster, way simpler, and no PC plugin needed.

Back