• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Nightmare

PercyX

The darkness has just begin...
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 3, 2021
Pokemon Nightmare

A warm welcome !
Apologies for my English.
Pokemon Nightmare is a fan game based on Pokemon Essentials .
I guess most of the pokemon fans have played through Generation 5...
Did you notice that there was huge change in the persona of N ?
In Black/White he was all raged up while in Black 2/White 2 he helps us
and give us the legendary !
This might have made you feel a bit weird...
This difference of 2 years would be explained in ...
... Pokemon Nightmare !

Story -
After being defeated badly by the protagonist of Black/White , N gets torn apart
he doesn't seem to care about anything else ....
He just rides away from his castle but an energy so powerful makes he unconscious
and he mysteriously wakes up in Kanto !
what would happen to him in Kanto ?
What would he discover about himself ?
What changed him from rival to a saviour ?
We will discover this in Nightmare !
But beware ...
Darkrai haunts this Game !

Features -
+All Pokemon till 6th Generation
+Mega Evolutions
+The protagonist talks (yay)
+Kanto region revamped
+Huge Dialogues (not yet added)
+User Friendly font and colour
+Play as N
+Many more to come ...!

Screenshots -
fTcbTQZ.jpg

kyqY2xL.jpg

PWfEiAn.jpg

AEYw1Q0.jpg

IdnTiGH.jpg

rigfzFj.jpg

HKIZzH1.jpg

ZH6MKvo.jpg

LZCjBTy.jpg

D54JbMF.jpg

UEPJfJc.jpg

DF4OjNS.jpg

npCx0nh.jpg

PtyDWGS.jpg

Trailer -

Downloads -
Coming soon (hopefully this month or next)

Credits -
Pokemon Essentials - Maruno
Tilesets-Jorginho
Kanto map- BGFM
N's Sprite - Luckygirl88, JpKEKS, Pokemonbrendan
Silver's Sprite - ChriSX698

SpartaLazor

Doofus Lunarius
Years
It's interesting overall. But I was pretty sure that N was not raging in BW. He was just being used by Ghetsis. He realized this at the end of the game, and then left to try to make up for it. I don't think he was torn apart and cared about nothing...

That said, the mapping needs a lot of work. Sprites don't appear to be properly resized, either.

You've got a bit of work to do, but I'm sure you'll be able to do it.

Last edited:

PercyX

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 3, 2021
It's interesting overall in BWBut I was pretty sure that N was raging in BW. He was just being used by Ghetsis. He realized this at the end of the game, and then left to try to make up for it. I don't think he was torn apart and cared about nothing...

That said, the mapping needs a lot of work. Sprites don't appear to be properly resized, either.

You've got a bit of work to do, but I'm sure you'll be able to do it.

Hmm...
You got a point he was just used by ghetsis thats why he ran away
he was used as a tool (on the basis of his reaction in BW and B2W2)
I just mentioned torn apart with the fact that he was used.
as per the sprites, I will surely see to that :)
woupd be nice if someone helped in resizing coz I am not that good with sprites :p

SpartaLazor

Doofus Lunarius
Years
as per the sprites, I will surely see to that :)
woupd be nice if someone helped in resizing coz I am not that good with sprites :p

http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/pokemonblackwhite2/

This is a good resource for sprites. You'll have to put them in RMXP format, but that isn't hard. You have plenty of references included. I'm not sure the exact sizes for Gen V sprites, though. When resizing, be sure to resize it by an exact factor of two. If using Gimp, be sure to have interpolation set to none.

PercyX

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 3, 2021
http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/pokemonblackwhite2/

This is a good resource for sprites. You'll have to put them in RMXP format, but that isn't hard. You have plenty of references included. I'm not sure the exact sizes for Gen V sprites, though. When resizing, be sure to resize it by an exact factor of two. If using Gimp, be sure to have interpolation set to none.
Thanks for the tip
I use photoshop for putting the spirites in the format but I dont know the exact size of a sprite head to tow I will search for it.

Years
Wow My game has like the same title is just that it has also the Dreams part...I also think that you need to work on the mapping. Either way although I would like for our games to not have like the same title I can't make you change your title but I'll say that by the story I think the title can be changed. Also I think it would be better for N to go to Sinnoh instead of Kanto considering that Sinnoh is the place for Darkrai and I think it would be good for you if you add like characters from DP to help out N considering that the characters from Sinnoh seem to be like the more cheerful ones that would help out somebody.

PercyX

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 3, 2021
Wow My game has like the same title is just that it has also the Dreams part...I also think that you need to work on the mapping. Either way although I would like for our games to not have like the same title I can't make you change your title but I'll say that by the story I think the title can be changed. Also I think it would be better for N to go to Sinnoh instead of Kanto considering that Sinnoh is the place for Darkrai and I think it would be good for you if you add like characters from DP to help out N considering that the characters from Sinnoh seem to be like the more cheerful ones that would help out somebody.

Thanks for the tip :)
I will actually change the title again .
I have got new tilesets and have planned that after I finish creating events ,I would replace the current map then again add some common NPC events.
As for shifting region to sinnoh NO
I just cant my story revolves around Kanto I have a strong reason for it which I cant tell which would spoil the games concept
But it wont be unrealistic I am doing the whole thing so I have the whole idea.of story ,graphics ,everything in my mind in motion I will keep relevance why darkrai is in kanto and also add darkrai's island (forgot the name)
I am still learning

Years
Thanks for the tip :)
I will actually change the title again .
I have got new tilesets and have planned that after I finish creating events ,I would replace the current map then again add some common NPC events.
As for shifting region to sinnoh NO
I just cant my story revolves around Kanto I have a strong reason for it which I cant tell which would spoil the games concept
But it wont be unrealistic I am doing the whole thing so I have the whole idea.of story ,graphics ,everything in my mind in motion I will keep relevance why darkrai is in kanto and also add darkrai's island (forgot the name)
I am still learning

That's nice I wish you luck and since you said that you got the story to say why Darkrai is in Kanto that makes me think that this will be very interesting. Oh just remembered since N had a Zekrom/Reshiram are you going to give it to him? It would be nice to give it to him as like the stone of Zekrom/Reshiram. In BW2 there was a stone which can be used to wake up one of them so you could maybe add it in the story as if he got right back to his righteous self. It feels great thinking about it.

PercyX

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 3, 2021
That's nice I wish you luck and since you said that you got the story to say why Darkrai is in Kanto that makes me think that this will be very interesting. Oh just remembered since N had a Zekrom/Reshiram are you going to give it to him? It would be nice to give it to him as like the stone of Zekrom/Reshiram. In BW2 there was a stone which can be used to wake up one of them so you could maybe add it in the story as if he got right back to his righteous self. It feels great thinking about it.

I havent thought upto Reshiram yet and I cant really
bring him back to the stobe form as the game is now
post BW also I wouldnt bring Reshiram soon enough I am
thinking like 80% game completion as Reshiram is so
powerful that it would be insaneply easy to beat other
characters .
SPOILER
The gyms wont even be present before the completion of
the game . Gyms are post game which makes the game
even longer and.exciting as everyone would be level
the dialogues are funny as well as long
And I wont capture legendaries they would be only
present with us for just a particular event as it is
practically weird owning every legend in the game while
still filing the pokedex as they would be with us for that
short while
ALSO my game is a mix of Game and Adventure(manga)
so there are many cross references.

Back