• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Clones good or bad?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 14, 2022
I have no problem with clones. It is the same pokemon after all, not a hack. What is the difference between me trading you a cloned Hoopa and going to the store getting you a code and giving you that? Nothing. It is still the exact same pokemon from the same event and absolutely legit. Only difference is that if you were in a different country to me you wouldn't be able to use the code. Cloning just opens up events to people who otherwise wouldn't get them and allows us as a community to be more generous with each other. I wouldn't use cloning to complete the dex tbh I think it takes the fun out of it but if someone else wants to I don't mind. I have nothing against getting a cloned pokemon in trade. I always mention when trading if the pokemon is cloned just in case but honestly don't see why it bothers anyone. Also it is a failsafe in case of scammers.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Just imo, but I don't see much of a difference between cloning and editing via Powersaves. I think people jump the gun and think that hacking automatically means a level 100 Volcanion caught in a PokéBall with 999 stats and moves like Aeroblast, Sacred Fire, Fissure, etc... or something lol. Hacking can be as minimal and insignificant as editing minor details like adjusting the IV in one stat to make a Pokémon flawless, editing the PokéBall it was caught in, etc. Meanwhile when you clone, you're literally duplicating an entirely new Pokémon.

I just think it's kind of silly personally to be pro-cloning but also anti-editing when a lot of people do it within completely legal means in the game.

I digress though, I'm all for cloning.

Back