• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
Everything tested and its now almost at 100% copy of yellow, just a couple of bugs to get rid of

Lastest screenshots
HallOfFame.png
HallOfFame2.png

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
0.19 is now available for download on the website

Also, heres a sneak peak at whats next for PLY
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2022
I found a bug (version .19). In Cerulean city, the girl says she is searching for a good trainer to give bulbasaur to and doesn't give it to me. After getting charmander, I came back to find the bulbasaur gone and she asks "How is bulbasaur?"

Or did you mean for the player to obtain only one starter?

UPDATE: I can get both only if I obtain bulbasaur first. After getting pikachu's happiness up by feeding him about twenty potions/antidotes (his graphic doesn't change for me) I was able to get it. But now I am stuck in Vermillion city unable to use cut to get into the gym.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
hey there,

Just started playing 0.19. I blacked out to Brock and have been getting an error ever since. Pikachu Is Not following the main character after black out. When you go to heal in the pokecenter you get this error. My guess it was the black out but i cant say for sure. Haven't tried to duplicate.

Script "Interpreter' line 276: RuntimeError occured.

Script error within event 1, map 16 (pokemon center):
Exception: NoMethodError
'set opacityzero' for nil:Nilclass
***Full Script:
op = pbgetdependency("PIKACHU")
op.setopacityzero

Iterpreter: 234:in 'pbexecurescript
Iterpreter:1600Lin 'eval'
Iterpreter:243: in 'pbexecutescript'
Iterpreter:160: in 'command_355'
Iterpreter:494: in 'execute_command'
Iterpreter:193: in 'update'
Iterpreter:106: in 'loop'
Iterpreter:198: in :update'
Scene_Map:103: in 'update'
Scene_Map:1-1: in 'loop'

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 7, 2014
Thanks for uploading (Ver. 0.19). It's been amazing so far! Unfortunately I have encountered a bug.

BUG:
After getting HM01 CUT from the captain of the S.S. Anne and getting two badges, my pokemon cannot use CUT outside of battle so I am now stuck at this save point and cannot progress any further. An attempt to use cut shows a message: "Sorry, a new Badge is required".

UPDATE:
This bug is applicable to the HM05 FLASH ability as well. It seems my file, whatever actions I took, have caused a situation where I cannot use HM's outside of battle.

OPINION:
Potentially the script for "Event Obstacles" may have been reset or my actions in game for some reason reset the values preventing me to cut small trees. Potentially a check should be implemented to prevent it. On a side note if you need help in QA for the game I volunteer as tribute ;)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 2, 2014
Hi, LOVE IT, but error when trying to heal pokemon at any pokemon center:

Script 'interpreter' line 276: runtimeerror occurred.

Script error within event 1, map 10 (pokemon center):
exception: nomethoderror
'setOpacityZero' for nil:nilclass

***Full Script:
op = pbgetdependency("PIKACHU")
op.setopacityzero

Interpreter: 243:in 'pbexecurescript'
Interpreter:1600:in 'eval'
Interpreter:243: in 'pbexecutescript'
Interpreter:1600: in 'command_355'
Interpreter:494: in 'execute_command'
Interpreter:193: in 'update'
Interpreter:106: in 'loop'
Interpreter:198: in :update'
Scene_Map:103: in 'update'
Scene_Map:101: in 'loop'

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
Ok, all bugs mentioned so far are fixed

The issues with cut and flash are they were checking for the wrong badges
The issue with bulbasaur/charmander was charmander was setting the switch for bulbasaur. If you already have got charmander you can send me your save file and i'll sort that
Pikachu's expressions should now update
Pikachu disappearing after a lost battle should now stop.
Also fixed if pikachu isn't present the pokecenters crashing

Update comming in a little while

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
Ok, all bugs mentioned so far are fixed

The issues with cut and flash are they were checking for the wrong badges
The issue with bulbasaur/charmander was charmander was setting the switch for bulbasaur. If you already have got charmander you can send me your save file and i'll sort that
Pikachu's expressions should now update
Pikachu disappearing after a lost battle should now stop.
Also fixed if pikachu isn't present the pokecenters crashing

Update comming in a little while

Nice!
Mostly about the Flash/Cut thingy and Pikachu's Expressions.
Haven´t got any of the other bugs, and concerning Bulbasaur... I kinda got it using some external help... yes, THAT program! (And I'm hoping it's the only time I use it for getting a Pokemon)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
Sweet! Has this been uploaded to the website? Also will i have to start over? I didn't notice a save file in my folder. Is there a save file?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 7, 2014
Sweet! Has this been uploaded to the website? Also will i have to start over? I didn't notice a save file in my folder. Is there a save file?

Should be updated in 0.20 as stated in the PLY Errors Google Doc but the website's still 0.19. We just gotta be patient :pink_boogie: excited to play this! Thanks for your hard work!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2022
Has the update uploaded? :/
I'm stuck in Vermillion because it claims I don't have the badge to use cut
I also didn't get bulbasaur since it disappeared when I got charmander :'(

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
0.2 is uploaded, just haven't changed it on the website. It still links to the correct version though

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 2, 2014
Can you explain how I get the update without losing game data?

On your website it says there is a update.exe file but there isn't one.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 12, 2015
Firstly Desbrina, thanks so much for all of your effort here. I've been looking for this for so long and all the other versions out there just don't cut it. I can't wait for you to release your work on expansions.

One question - Is there any way to increase the speed? I don't have a lot of time, and waiting for battle screens/dialogue can become a pain. On DS Emulators you can usually alter speed.. is that possible in any way for this game?

//Edit//

I've searched the forum now and seen that there isn't, so I'll change my question, is there a way for me to download RPG Maker myself and edit the speed in that program?

Last edited:
Back