• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2023
I forgot add some critisism for you the last time i commented! Sorry! Here's what I didn't like in the demo. Hope I don't sound rude!

I went ahead and grinded up and actually beat Red and was kinda dissapointed to see that no would ever know. I'd be nice to change the dialoge from the admin or whatever. It doesn't have to be story changing but I don't like the fourth wall breaking all to much. Maybe something like red uses revives and then pushes you aside. admin then congrtulates you on winning the battle but is upset that you still didn't stop him. Then gives you a pokeball as a reward? You don't have to actually do this, but I think it'd just be hallarious if someone went though all the trouble to beat red and got a pokeball (the dialoge would be the actual reward, the pokeball is just a joke; like the annoying dog in undertale)

Also I don't like how you restricted the player from going to other routes. Some larg guy farted and the entire route stinks? It's just a bad excuse. Maybe have some guy that you can't hope to beat stand there and block you from entering because he hates team rocket. That's just an example though. In the orriginal games they used cut trees and stuff, but since you are using the orriginal maps you might have to use mini-bosses and other roadblocks. Like the pyduck in heartgold that were blocking the shortcut!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
Great looking hack, haven't seen anything like this since Toxic Purple. Also quick question is it set to where you can steal 1 Pokemon of a trainer? or all of them? Also what if the trainer has 3 or more? You can choose from 3 or more instead of 2?

colonelsalt

Guaranteed to raise the smile
Years
I forgot add some critisism for you the last time i commented! Sorry! Here's what I didn't like in the demo. Hope I don't sound rude!

I went ahead and grinded up and actually beat Red and was kinda dissapointed to see that no would ever know. I'd be nice to change the dialoge from the admin or whatever. It doesn't have to be story changing but I don't like the fourth wall breaking all to much. Maybe something like red uses revives and then pushes you aside. admin then congrtulates you on winning the battle but is upset that you still didn't stop him. Then gives you a pokeball as a reward? You don't have to actually do this, but I think it'd just be hallarious if someone went though all the trouble to beat red and got a pokeball (the dialoge would be the actual reward, the pokeball is just a joke; like the annoying dog in undertale)

Also I don't like how you restricted the player from going to other routes. Some larg guy farted and the entire route stinks? It's just a bad excuse. Maybe have some guy that you can't hope to beat stand there and block you from entering because he hates team rocket. That's just an example though. In the orriginal games they used cut trees and stuff, but since you are using the orriginal maps you might have to use mini-bosses and other roadblocks. Like the pyduck in heartgold that were blocking the shortcut!
Thanks for the extra feedback!

My thoughts on Red: Really you aren't supposed to beat him-- that is, beating him is not meant to be part of the story (I thought about the first battle with Bowser in the original Paper Mario when I made that scene). If you've actually managed to beat him you've sort of gone out of your way to do something that's outside the bounds of the story-- so yes, the meta-dialogue is your reward (well, that and the massive prize money). I considered at first making him completely unbeatable, but figured the current solution would be most fun. Actually, thinking back to that easter egg dialogue makes me chuckle a bit even now. Maybe it's just me.

Haha yes indeed, a big guy farting and blocking you from leaving the Route is hardly top-tier writing, I'm aware of as much. Really I wanted to poke fun at the regular path-blockers that are usually in the games by having one that was completely ridiculous-- I should still probably be at fault for failing to make you laugh, though. That particular travel restriction is of course only arbitrary, and I might change it for a later version should I feel like it.
Great looking hack, haven't seen anything like this since Toxic Purple. Also quick question is it set to where you can steal 1 Pokemon of a trainer? or all of them? Also what if the trainer has 3 or more? You can choose from 3 or more instead of 2?
Thank you!

Yes, you will be able to steal any one Pokémon from eligible Trainers after you beat them, and you can choose freely from his/her Pokémon, regardless of how many they have.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 18, 2020
I love the stealing aspect.
I'd totally avoid pokeballs in further beta's and my personal playstyle would be if I got a 7th Pokémon stolen...I'd then release the oldest one, so I'd only ever have 6.

Team Rocket don't care for Pokémon after all they are just tools.

colonelsalt

Years
can you add a meowth which follows you

Sorry, no plans for that at present. Thanks for playing anyhow!

In other news: progress on Cerulean City mission is trotting along nicely. I haven't quite decided yet how long the next beta will last, but will definitely include the Cerulean mission plus another one.

A few progress screens should be up in a little while!

Years
Let's see, where to begin...

YES! I joined in 2009 with my first hack being Pokemon Shiny Gold and my second hack being...you guessed it! Pokemon Toxic Purple. The idea of playing as Team Rocket, in any way shape or form has always been something I wanted to see done, successfully. Primarily, I see the spirit and essence of Toxic Purple being reborn on this project, which honestly... is something I've been wanting to see since Ckret disappeared.

I really hope you can succeed and make this project a success, you have the support of a large-fan base of players who enjoyed Toxic Purple, I hope you do continue and make this a success.

Good luck!

(Runs off to play the Rom Hack in solitude~)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 22, 2021
Don't know if somebody saw this earlier but well, anyways, when I battled the first Lass in the Mt. Moon his Clefairy used Encore into my recently sitched Ratatta. He didn't used a single move and the Clefairy used Encore, Suddenly my Ratatta could only use Struggle

The Annoying Rollout

You already know it
Years
Finally an another TR Hack that I can finally play!Rocket Strike and the other TR Hacks can only be played via Vizzed and since the Vizzed plug-in won't work on my android I can't play the hacks.Anyway that's a Good Hack you have there!Plus you based it on Toxic Purple which is one of the first ROM Hacks I played.

Have a question though,is this hack completed already?

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
Years
Hi there, i've just defeated Red (no cheat codes were used for Arceus's sake.) And i have some gane problems i wanna point out:
1. Paras - since Paras hold mushrooms and the player has access to Thief, it makes them a Money Farm.
2. Dept' Store: It has Pokeballs and Evolution Stones, you can use it to evolve most available pokemon with the money farmed from Paras and make a Fullly-Evolved Team. Also, you can use the store to catch the High-Leveled Pokemon outside Celadon, which are a problem of itself.
And fixes:
1. Change TM46 into TM27 (Cause Grunts hates their PKMN).
2. Place a Guard near Dept' Store and make a Dynamic Rocket Mart.
3. Lower the Route 7 wild PKMN.

And my team pic:
WHgF3uH.jpg

Actually, for anyone interested in Becoming OP for Beta 2, here is the ideal team:
Jolteon
Arcanine
Poliwrath
Vileplume
Fearow/Pidgeotto
Nidoqueen/King

colonelsalt

Years
Don't know if somebody saw this earlier but well, anyways, when I battled the first Lass in the Mt. Moon his Clefairy used Encore into my recently sitched Ratatta. He didn't used a single move and the Clefairy used Encore, Suddenly my Ratatta could only use Struggle
I actually had this happen to me while testing as well, but just assumed that was a normal effect. Do you know if this happens in vanilla FireRed as well? I tried looking but haven't been able to find out anything conclusive. Will have to look into it; thanks for pointing it out!
Finally an another TR Hack that I can finally play!Rocket Strike and the other TR Hacks can only be played via Vizzed and since the Vizzed plug-in won't work on my android I can't play the hacks.Anyway that's a Good Hack you have there!Plus you based it on Toxic Purple which is one of the first ROM Hacks I played.

Happy to hear it! No, the game is still in early beta; the second version is currently in development.
Hi there, i've just defeated Red (no cheat codes were used for Arceus's sake.) And i have some gane problems i wanna point out:
1. Paras - since Paras hold mushrooms and the player has access to Thief, it makes them a Money Farm.
2. Dept' Store: It has Pokeballs and Evolution Stones, you can use it to evolve most available pokemon with the money farmed from Paras and make a Fullly-Evolved Team. Also, you can use the store to catch the High-Leveled Pokemon outside Celadon, which are a problem of itself.
And fixes:
1. Change TM46 into TM27 (Cause Grunts hates their PKMN).
2. Place a Guard near Dept' Store and make a Dynamic Rocket Mart.
3. Lower the Route 7 wild PKMN.

And my team pic:
WHgF3uH.jpg

Actually, for anyone interested in Becoming OP for Beta 2, here is the ideal team:
Jolteon
Arcanine
Poliwrath
Vileplume
Fearow/Pidgeotto
Nidoqueen/King

It's always fun to see somebody else take on the challenge to beat Red. Well done!

Really as far as I'm concerned, if people want to go through the trouble of farming Paras mushrooms for money they should be free to do so. I'm in the process of incorporating a type of Rocket mart for other items/resources, but whether or not I'll actually change the mechanics/prices of the existing department store we'll have to see.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
Years
Hello there! Well finally finished the entire Beta and I felt satisfied with the game yet!
As a team rocket member, you could steal someone's Pokemon which is badass and as you gain higher rank you can steal even better Pokemons.
The storyline is quite solid and quite interesting. ( yeah the team rocket leader just keep thinking Red is a dangerous breed lol)

I would wait for the next update :)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 1, 2017
i only have 1 issue and thats lack of Female character i know some other hacks have a reason for limiting to 1 gender like the Adventure Hacks but a Rocket game doesn't really have a reason atleast to me considering most of the rocket villians are equal in Gender ie Jesse & James, Butch & Cassidy, the Guy from the celebi movie, Annie & Oakley, Ariana, Petrel, Archer & Proton just my thoughts :)

Years
Hmm, it seems a pretty good hack rom, I didn't played it yet, I rather wait for a more solid beta, but I think I have a few suggestions:

1 - Can you make the region feel different? Would be cool if we had new locations, shortcuts, etc...
And btw, the game will be only in Kanto?

2 - After stealing/catching Pokemons we could deliver them to Team Rocket, and we would receive RP (Rocket Points), which we could use to buy Pokemons (maybe even shinies?), TMs, Berries, Items for our pokemons to hold, and even Key Itens, like the Bike, the Item Finder, Itens that can work as HMs (cuz I hate wasting one or two spots in my team with HM slaves), and shinies of course would be very valuable to sell, and expensive to buy.

3 - We are Team Rocket
We DON'T CARE bout the rules
WE BREAK THEM
6 MOVES
8 POKEMONS
OVERWRITIN HMS
RIDIN BIKE INSIDE HOUSES
FLYING INSIDE BUILDINGS
FISHING ON THE GROUND
LIKE A BAWSS
STAHP ME YOU FRIGGIIN BASDARDS

Actual 3 - If I'm not mistaken, in the anime there's an episode where some guys assault a Pokemon Center and steal a lot of pokemons, this would be a great idea.
Also, would be cool if we could rob the Day Care and get a random egg which would contain ANY POKEMON in the game with good IVs and moves, cuz we all know Red runs a crazy bussiness there about slavery and matings which I'm not allowed to talk about, u know...

4 - Also, be creative, epic missions, and plz, make the final mission be an invasion at Indigo Plateau ending with an Epic Battle, us agaisnt the Elite 4 and Red, omgomgomg a mission like this would be so epic, Im talking about: invasion, plan goes worng, everybody gets lost, etc, etc, etc. Man, plz make this mission plz plz plz

(Also, English is not my mother langage, so plz, DO correct me and of course, good luck!)

Years
I think the idea of having beaten Red but him pushing you aside anyways is good as it is. My only cent to that would be, maybe switch the dialogue if you beat him to differ from that if he beats you. Afterall, you're a grunt and can't really stand up to him.

I think as far as having a Rocket store goes, naw, don't do that! The whole purpose of the game is to think and act like a criminal, not to buy your stuff from a store. If anything--and if possible--you could even incorporate battling the PokeMart merchant for a free item from the shop. That would actually be pretty cool too!

I don't think you should really focus on having a female character at the moment...you have enough on your plate as it is. And as far as being able to use the HM's, having an item instead of having HM slaves would be pretty ideal with the exception of maybe a few HM's: eg; Fly and Surf.

Other than that, I think this hack is amazing. And I can't wait to see it develop fully.

I wish you the best of luck, and remember, take your time! Would hate to see another great hack being cancelled because of "stress-related" issues.

-Pokeboy777

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 1, 2017
I don't think you should really focus on having a female character at the moment...you have enough on your plate as it is. And as far as being able to use the HM's, having an item instead of having HM slaves would be pretty ideal with the exception of maybe a few HM's: eg; Fly and Surf.

-Pokeboy777

technically just changing the Female Sprite for a Team rocket member would have been easier to implement than changing it so you only had the male choice theres plenty of Team rocket Sprites in just the base rom :) not to be mean or anything and technically Fly as a Key Item could be a Teleport Pad item something Team rocket has stolen from Silph Co and Surf could be literally a Surf Board or a High Speed Boat Image

Hey Rollout if you want i can send you the IPS file for Rocket Strike i have it on my computer since my computer sometimes decides the Vizzed Plugin is missing files for some reason i downloaded the rom and can make an IPS file for you and to your question the Current game finish's after your giving the Mission to Lavender Town :)

Last edited:

colonelsalt

Years
Hmm, it seems a pretty good hack rom, I didn't played it yet, I rather wait for a more solid beta, but I think I have a few suggestions:

1 - Can you make the region feel different? Would be cool if we had new locations, shortcuts, etc...
And btw, the game will be only in Kanto?

2 - After stealing/catching Pokemons we could deliver them to Team Rocket, and we would receive RP (Rocket Points), which we could use to buy Pokemons (maybe even shinies?), TMs, Berries, Items for our pokemons to hold, and even Key Itens, like the Bike, the Item Finder, Itens that can work as HMs (cuz I hate wasting one or two spots in my team with HM slaves), and shinies of course would be very valuable to sell, and expensive to buy.

3 - We are Team Rocket
We DON'T CARE bout the rules
WE BREAK THEM
6 MOVES
8 POKEMONS
OVERWRITIN HMS
RIDIN BIKE INSIDE HOUSES
FLYING INSIDE BUILDINGS
FISHING ON THE GROUND
LIKE A BAWSS
STAHP ME YOU FRIGGIIN BASDARDS

Actual 3 - If I'm not mistaken, in the anime there's an episode where some guys assault a Pokemon Center and steal a lot of pokemons, this would be a great idea.
Also, would be cool if we could rob the Day Care and get a random egg which would contain ANY POKEMON in the game with good IVs and moves, cuz we all know Red runs a crazy bussiness there about slavery and matings which I'm not allowed to talk about, u know...

4 - Also, be creative, epic missions, and plz, make the final mission be an invasion at Indigo Plateau ending with an Epic Battle, us agaisnt the Elite 4 and Red, omgomgomg a mission like this would be so epic, Im talking about: invasion, plan goes worng, everybody gets lost, etc, etc, etc. Man, plz make this mission plz plz plz

(Also, English is not my mother langage, so plz, DO correct me and of course, good luck!)
Thank you! Really though I'd encourage you to play through the beta and give me feedback on what you see.

Points 1 and 2 that you mention are certainly in the works; yes, the game will take place only in Kanto, but with a few brand new locations here and there. Point 3: Riding a bike inside might make for a fun novelty actually. I have a few sidequest ideas in the realm of the robbery suggestions you had.

As for point 4: Haha I feel your excitement. I've actually planned out the plot in detail from beginning to end-- there will be no spoilers from me, but if you stick around for it, I promise you the final mission won't disappoint.

I think the idea of having beaten Red but him pushing you aside anyways is good as it is. My only cent to that would be, maybe switch the dialogue if you beat him to differ from that if he beats you. Afterall, you're a grunt and can't really stand up to him.

I think as far as having a Rocket store goes, naw, don't do that! The whole purpose of the game is to think and act like a criminal, not to buy your stuff from a store. If anything--and if possible--you could even incorporate battling the PokeMart merchant for a free item from the shop. That would actually be pretty cool too!

Other than that, I think this hack is amazing. And I can't wait to see it develop fully.

I wish you the best of luck, and remember, take your time! Would hate to see another great hack being cancelled because of "stress-related" issues.

-Pokeboy777
Thank you so much! The "take your time" part is especially appreciated-- I'll stay at it till I'm happy with the product before I release.

Actually the way I've laid out the game so far makes it so you probably won't be needing the useless HMs (i.e. Flash and Cut) at all to make it through the story. I will probably make them deletable too just for convenience's sake.

Yes, including a female character has eventually sunk to the bottom of my priority list. I'll elaborate below.
i only have 1 issue and thats lack of Female character i know some other hacks have a reason for limiting to 1 gender like the Adventure Hacks but a Rocket game doesn't really have a reason atleast to me considering most of the rocket villians are equal in Gender ie Jesse & James, Butch & Cassidy, the Guy from the celebi movie, Annie & Oakley, Ariana, Petrel, Archer & Proton just my thoughts :)
technically just changing the Female Sprite for a Team rocket member would have been easier to implement than changing it so you only had the male choice theres plenty of Team rocket Sprites in just the base rom :) not to be mean or anything and technically Fly as a Key Item could be a Teleport Pad item something Team rocket has stolen from Silph Co and Surf could be literally a Surf Board or a High Speed Boat Image

I feel ya. The thing about having a female character is I feel like the NPCs would respond differently to you if you were a girl, so I feel like I would have to put a little twist on the dialogue if I felt I was going to do it justice plot-wise. I released beta 1 with only the male character to sort of test the waters-- if there's high demand for having a female player as well, I might decide to add it, but I'll estimate it'll probably take around 20% longer between releases to account for it. I'm a little undecided here.

Also, before I go:

A FEW ITSY BITSY PROGRESS PICS

uxNtw5B.png
UlpFMtF.png
V0zJ72K.png

Cerulean has been good fun putting together. Posted this a little later than I'd meant to-- sorry about that. I am adamant about keeping the biggest spoilers out, but I suppose a few teasers couldn't hurt. Expect more in a bit.

Back