• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Hearts Reborn - A Johto Journey

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years
Hearts Reborn - A Johto Journey
hKlII7NVTiZM-qnvdiJc2wWee9-ICSx3bTjEah6GH5tBLamXSs2JN3ducC0ga4y3nZRWzPrA=s630-fcrop64=1,00000000ffffc6d1

It has been ten years since the young trainers, Kris, Gold and Silver, stopped the Rocket revival in its tracks. Since then, a great deal has changed throughout the Johto Region, including the old day care-couple's long awaited retirement. Their last act as the beloved Daycare Man and Lady was to arrange a deal with Goldenrod City's trainer academy, promising the top six students one of their newly hatched Pokémon eggs. These eggs will be presented to them, along with their own Pokédex, in New Bark Town, home of the current Johto League Champion.

What else has changed throughout this historic region? What wonders await within the legendary Burned Tower, or the treacherous Whirl Islands? You'll soon find out, as your very own adventure is about to unfold!

Details
-As stated above, Johto has gone through a lot of changes in the last ten years. Some gym leaders have moved on, the routes have been overrun with new Pokémon, and throughout Ecruteak, there are whispers of a Sage gone mad.

-Levels, EVs, IVs, and nature defining stats will be exempt from this RP (because they're too complicated, and who needs that?). With that in mind, Pokémon will be learning their moves when the players see fit (within reason, no Solar Beams at the first gym). TMs and HMs will not exist, and will be added to the Pokémon's natural move pool. Similarly, evolution will be decided by player and GM via private message, unless the evolution is triggered by a stone. Trade evolution does not exist. Pokémon that would evolve by trade will evolve by growth and training.

- You do not need the GM's permission to capture a Pokémon, as long as you don't abuse the privilege (capturing an incredibly rare Pokémon with only a few lines of text describing the capture). Each obtained Pokémon may know a total of four moves, one of which may be an egg move.

- This rp will be broken into sections, with each section having its own selection of missions and quests for the players to take part in. There will also be an overarching storyline that takes shape over time.

- Joint posting and interacting with your fellow players is highly encouraged.​

The Rules
1. Follow all PokeCommunity/RPC rules and guidelines (be respectful to one another, no controlling another character without permission, 100 words per post, etc).
2. The rating is T for Teen. Keep the swearing and suggestive themes to a minimum.
3. This RP will begin with six slots (more could possibly be added if the demand is high enough). Players will be chosen based on quality, not first come- first serve.
4. In hopes of keeping the rp from dying out due to waiting on those who have moved on, players will be booted if they do not make at least one post per two weeks. Of course, exceptions can be made, as long as you tell the GM what is going on, and don't simply just vanish out of thin air.
5. If there are any issues, please do not hesitate to notify the GM.​

The starters:
172.gif
173.gif
174.gif
175.gif
236.gif
239.gif
240.gif
298.gif
406.gif
438.gif
433.gif
440.gif
446.gif
458.gif
439.gif

Name:

Appearance: (what does your character look like? what do they wear? Picture would be great, but even if you have one you must write at the very least a paragraph)

Personality: What do they like? What don't they like? What are some positive/negative traits about them? What are their goals, interests, and dreams?

Brief History: (a short synopsis of your character's life before the journey. What was their family life like? What did they do before starting their journey? How did they live? A paragraph or more.)
Rival (optional): Does your character have someone to compete with? Someone that keeps them determined to keep going? Tell us about them!

Other: (anything else you want to add):

Chosen Starter, Nickname, gender & Moveset (moveset may include three natural moves and one egg/tutor move)
Pokémon's appearance: Is there something about your starter that makes it different from others of its kind?

Roleplay Sample: Give me a small section of work that shows how you write. It can either be something new or from an existing RP.

Last edited:

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Planning something soon. Looking at my girl Cleffa there. Just wanted to make my interest known while I do some character drafting.

Years
I'd love to join this. Johto is a personal favorite of mine. I'll be using a character I drew up for an RP (that never got off the ground) from last week. Hope that's alright.

Name: Johnny-Mac "Bad-Luck Johnny"
Hometown: Blackthorn City, Johto Region

Appearance: He sports a varsity jacket and denim jeans. Both are a bit marked up. Carries a small canvas backpack and rocks high top sneakers. Wears his hair in a pompadour or at least a quiff. Has horrible posture. Drags his feet and slumps his shoulders. Not athletic and not an outdoorsman. Definitely not attractive in a conventional way. Isn't one to play social politics or fake emotions. Will not disguise how he feels. Has a slower cadence to his speech with a bit of vocal fry. Frequently pushes his hair up or tugs at the neck of his shirt. Not overly talkative, yet has a tendency to wax poetic when he feels engaged. He carries himself different in Pokemon battles. A more powerful stance. More biting speech. More savage energy. It is very noticeable.

Spoiler:

Personality: Johnny is not necessarily patient, but he takes his time. He thinks things through. He has a tendency to stay relaxed and avoid frustration. A strong strategic sense when it comes to Pokemon battling and other Pokemon seem comfortable around him. He is emotionally intelligent and cool in the face of danger. Johnny is fairly charismatic when he wants to be. Not the smartest or the strongest but capable of great things. He often lacks confidence and can be very self-deprecating. That being said he is still social and conversive, he just doesn't think very highly of himself. He isn't heroic but neither is he villainous. Self-centered yet he isn't opposed to helping others. Johnny is slow, which can be a burden sometimes. He has a habit of not taking things seriously, not being prepared and not being organized. While there are things that interest him, he isn't exactly "driven." Won't give up quite easily when faced with a challenge, yet he has a breaking point. Not an ideal travelling companion as he tends to loiter. If a situation is serious enough, he may rise to the occasion. He has a habit of arriving in bad situations through no fault of his own, hence the nickname "Bad-Luck Johnny." Johnny spends most of his time lounging or eating. And most of his time eating is spent eating noodles. He does have ambitions. He just likes to take his time. He enjoys Pokemon battling yet the idea of fame and real achievement is what attracts him. He wants to shift from reading about adventure to living an adventure. Challenging the Johto League is definitely on his mind.

Brief History: Born in Blackthorn City, Johnny was raised by his mother and father. Both were former trainers themselves. They each urged him to pursue competitive Pokemon battling. He joined Goldenrod's Trainer Academy shortly after. While Johnny has always enjoyed Pokemon battling as a sport, he has also enjoyed it as a culture. Following gym leaders, elite four members, champions and other Pokemon battling legends throughout their careers. Staying up late to watch competitive battling, spending work money on tickets to local exhibition matches between high profile trainers. He's as much a super-fan of Pokemon battling as he is a trainer. As a fan of competitive battling and a prospective Pokemon trainer, naturally he spent a lot of time at Blackthorn City's pokemon gym. He is close friends with several of the gym's trainers and its current leader. Johnny has traveled much of the Johto region before, but never on his own. This journey may prove to be a challenge for him.

Starter Pokémon: Munchlax
446.gif

Starter Nickname: Lucky No. 1
Starter Gender: Male
Starter Moveset:

Tackle
Metronome
Lick
Zen Headbutt

Roleplay Sample:
Pallet Town. Decent enough. It was pouring and my boots sunk further into the mud. I ran my finger across the metal plaque: "Professor Oak's Pokémon Laboratory." This was the place. I ducked out of cold and trudged inside. Not locked. A stroke of luck. Inside, it was warmer. A lot warmer. I lowered my hood and wiped my feet. A voice called from behind a desk. Oak's number two.
"You must be Slate." He was slight and sported thick framed glasses. The man had a nervous energy.
"The one and only. Sorry about the time. Storm slowed me down." We shook and started down the hall.
"Don't worry. Just glad you made it here in one piece. Professor's upstairs."
"Still awake?"
"Yeah. When old man Oak gets started on something, he doesn't know when to quit." We trekked upstairs. "So… How do you know him?"
"Friend of my father's. We met once a couple years back. Said if I ever decided to take on the Indigo League, that I should come here first."
"Have you worked with Pokémon before?"
"Dad's a Pokémon researcher too. I grew up around em'. And I already have my first." I tapped the sphere at my waist.
"Excellent. All you need is a Pokédex and you'll be good to go." We stopped. "And here we are."
The professor's personal library. The man himself still there, pacing back and forth. He looked caught up in his thoughts, scrawling on an old chalkboard. A sketch of the legendary birds.
"Professor." The old man turned and brandished a big smile. He crossed to the door, arms outstretched.
"Slate! You're here!"

Last edited:

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
AAAAAAAAH

Wouldn't want to "claim" a starter but do expect an app by the end of the week!

But, goddamn. The only baby Pokemon not available is Mime Jr. The perfect one. But if you''re not willing to make an exception, Game Master, I suppose I have to work with what's there.

I assume the age restriction is due to them being in/graduating from (wasn't specified, I'll just assume either) Trainer's School.

Last edited:

LinearAxel

Years
I'll let you register with Mime Jr.! He was supposed to be in the list, but the links malfunctioned, and I think he got lost.

Utopian

"Looks like the party is over"
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
Oh i'm interested in joining!

Name: Giselle Redbane
Hometown: Ecruteak City

Appearance:
orxINwt.png

Not shown are her brown bag and sometimes she wears a headband.
Giselle's length stands at 5'3'' and her body has a slender build.
Aside from her default outfit she tends to wear a kimono when she's at home, and dresses accordingly to the weather.
She has a scar on her back that she hides with her clothing, since it makes her self conscious.

Personality:
Peace and Harmony, all Pokémon (Does not judge them for their looks), Meditating, her own made berry recipes, Strategic battling.

Dislikes: People that resort to violence right away, Team rocket (or any other people that steal Pokémon), Sour things, Dark area's/Night time, the cold.

Positives traits:
-Giselle is a very patient person and thus will never get angry if someone takes long.
-Diplomatic, Giselle has a way with words even when she was young she has been able to talk her self out of dangerous situations.
-Caring is one of her strengths as well, she'll help where help is needed and won't stop untill everythings done.
Negative traits: -She is slightly xenophobic since most people in Ecruteak don't like outsiders that much, this gave her a wrong vision of other people.
-Giselle is quick to judge since she hasn't been outside of Ecruteak that often.
-Quite often she struggles with her self-pity, she'll blame herself for everything that goes wrong.

As far her goals go, Giselle has decided that she should come out of her shell (Ecruteak) and embrace the outside, the urge for adventure only grew stronger the older she got. She isn't interested in taking the gym challenge nor the title of Champion, being able to help others is enough work for her.
She used to have a dream of becoming a Kimono girl, but for various reasons that was never meant to happen.
Maybe someday she'll go back to her old dream but for now she's to busy with her journey, perhaps she'll become a nurse, or begin her own daycare, maybe she would open up her own berry juice store. There's so many things she could do, perhaps at the end of her journey she'll have a clear goal in mind.

Brief History:
Giselle has never known her biological parents, she was adopted by an elderly couple from Ecruteak and she's allways seen them as her original grandparents.
After all they gave her a home, food and all the love her own parents couldn't give her. Word in town is that she was found near the gate of Route 37, wrapped in a blanket.
From her early child years to her teen's she has helped her grandparents with various chores since they couldn't do it all themselves anymore.
Her grandmother ownes a tiny clothing store and her grandfather is a sage at the Bell Tower. Aside from the chores, she used to help out her grandmother in the store. However she thought it was a bit boring and now spends her free time meditating and plucking berries.
Giselle wanted to become one of the Kimono girls and has tried out often, each time she was rejected however. She wasn't directly related to the sisters, but that was just one of the reasons. Often she's been told that her kimono didn't met the requirements, that she lacked grace in her dance manoeuvres, another time she was told that she was to young and 2 years later suddenly to old.
All of the nitpicky reasons made Giselle doubt herself and think she didn't fit in anywhere.
At the age of 15 she decided enough was enough, she packed her belongings and headed for New bark town where she heard new trainers could get a Pokémon and head out on a journey to catch many other Pokémon.
Giselle isn't certain if she wants to fill up a Pokedex or challenge any trainers, but she does know that it would do her good to get out of Ecruteak city and explore the rest of Johto.

Rival (optional): She has not met enough people nor has enough friends to see one as a Rival, perhaps there will be someone later on.

Chosen Starter:
433.gif

Nickname: Levi, she named her partner this because he levitates.
Moveset: Wrap, Astonish, Wish
Pokémon's appearance: Just regular looking.

Roleplay Sample: It was a nice autumn afternoon in Ecruteak City not to warm and not to cold, Giselle was meditating in the garden near the Bell tower.
She decided to kill some time while she was waiting for her grandfather's shift to end, she regurlarly walked him home but usually she waited outside the entrance towards the Bell Tower rather then the Tower's garden itself.
After all everyone that wasn't a sage was not allowed near the tower, however the Sage that was guarding the entrance was a good friend of her grandfather and he made a exception for her, as long as she didn't go into the Tower itself.
Just when she opened her eyes she saw her grandfather walk out of Bell Tower. He was locking the door when Giselle rose back up to her feet and met his gaze.
"Giselle? Child what are you doing here, why are you not waiting outside the entrance? You didn't get in trouble did you.." Giselle felt a little insulted since she would never cause any problems, she was about to say something when she noticed her grandfather smiling. He nearly had her! "Hehe, no matter how old I get, i'll allways be able to trick you. Come let us head home, you're grandmother must be getting impatient."
"Perhaps she should meditate with me!" Giselle replied. She knew her grandmother could use some relaxation in her life. Ecruteak wasn't a big city but her grandmother's store allways attracted lot's of outsiders that were interested in her wares. And at her age she shouldn't have to live such a stressfull life.
"Oh grandfather did I tell you about my latest recipe? It mostly contain's Pecha berries since you didn't like my spicy berry juice"
"Tell me all about it child, every other berry can't be as bad as the Tamato berry.." Giselle and her grandfather laughed, the image of her grandfather seeing red and sweaty from the Tamato berryjuice never ceases to make her laugh.
She told her grandfather what the recipe contained as they walked towards home.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
just putting interest down for joining. I'll have an SU up shortly today. I don't want to reserve anything in case I pick a Pokemon someone else wants lol :p

::EDIT:: Here it is. It supposed to be a character for another RP that didn't really start up so I hope you don't mind me using him.

220px-Sugimori_Rafe_anime.png

Ivan Roustein

| Age |

| Gender |
Male

| Home town |
Goldenrod City, Johto

| Physical Appearance |
Neatly combed hair to the side, rather clean face free from imperfections and alluring blue eyes, Ivan is the definition of a rich boy. He has a head of medium-length brown hair that seemingly never frays or goes out of his usual style, something which he is very fond of keeping. His face is one his more positive perks, with rather pleasant facial features such as lightly tanned skin, even eyebrows, and he even has a white smile to along with it. He stands somewhat tall at around 5'11", and he does have a athletic build due to playing tennis a lot.

As for his clothing, Ivan can be seen dressing abnormally formal for even the most casual of occasions. His usual attire however, consists of a white, short-sleeved dress shirt, and black dress pants with a pair of spiffy, shiny black dress shoes. On his left hand he wears a rather expensive silver watch, and he carries his belongings in a light brown satchel that slings across his body (which is, once again, rather expensive just like his watch and clothing). He also tends to whip out a pair of sunglasses every now and then when it gets sunny out, otherwise the glasses are always in his satchel.

(NOTE: He doesn't actually look like Rafe, as seen in the picture. I just couldn't find an exact picture, so hopefully that one will do, as that's the closest character he looks like. I will draw a picture of him myself later, if I get accepted).

| Personality |
Some of Ivan's strengths come from his book smarts. His parents constantly made him read books ranging from classical literature to geography, which was something all the children in his family were supposed to do. As such as, he is rather knowledgable when it comes to certain subjects, which happens to surprise many people as he often comes off as conceited and quite frankly, a bit dumb to some people. He is also rather athletic having played tennis before, so physically he does not have much of a problem performing anything related to the sorts, but it should be noted that although he is somewhat competitive, he does not do anything or go into a situation where he knows the odds are stacked heavily against him (e.g gambling, or challenging someone to something he knows he doesn't have much of a chance in). He is also great at holding and starting conversations with strangers, and would be considered a 'people person'. Although his true nature is arrogant, he can mask it pretty well when he needs to (e.g - meeting someone important).

In terms of his more negative aspects, Ivan can be summed as a bit of a jerk, and something most people would expect from someone who has been handed everything since he was born. He does have some superiority complex, and often thinks highly of himself due to his family status. Although he doesn't make fun of people who have less money, he will flaunt his own from time to time. If he doesn't like someone, then he usually has no qualms expressing it, and just like when he was in trainer school, it will make some people hate him. Although it would be considered bullying, he usually does not escalate beyond poking fun, making names, or throwing the odd paper ball or two at people.

As for his aspirations, Ivan actually aspires to travel. Not so much to battle and win gyms and such, but to simply view the world and experience cultures like he has read in books. Although he doesn't mind battling, he doesn't see the journey as a chore at all, and if anything, a learning opportunity. As for his interests, other than reading, he enjoys playing tennis, and using his father's connection to the stadium in Nimbasa, to practice on a professional court.

| Brief History |
Ivan is the eldest 3 children in the Roustein family. His younger sister is 15 and his younger brother is 14. Growing up, they always had everything handed to them, so it is safe to say they've never really 'worked', however, their parents made sure they were well educated, smart and went through proper etiquette as most wealthy families do. His father runs the casino scene in Goldenrod City, and is also invested in several other businesses. Despite what many people may think, his parents were around a lot, and spent a lot of time with them. However, something he didn't get to do, was travel. His father did not want to leave the city, as that meant leaving work for a bit, and his mother did not like the idea of spending time in a faraway place. However, least did he know that he would soon get his chance when his parents made him attend a local trainer's school. Spending his days studying, there were a lot of written components which made sure that the students would be reviewing notes every night. Ivan's grades were rather great, and his field test scores weren't too shabby either. The only concern his teachers had, was that he had a tendency to hog the spotlight in double battles, as his teamwork skills were not on par. However, he stuck to his graduation plan, and is now soon to set sail for the great outdoors, away from his usual city life. The only problem is, there's no servants to cook for him.

| Rival |
I have someone I have in mind, but I don't think he will be introduced until a bit later into the RP because Ivan hasn't met him yet.

| Starter |
elekid.gif

| Species |
Elekid

| Nickname |
Atom

| Gender |
Male

| Move set |
~Quick Attack~
~Thundershock~
~Low Kick~
~Ice Punch (Egg Move)~

| Roleplay Sample |
Here is my Roleplay Sample!

Last edited:

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
I'll let you register with Mime Jr.! He was supposed to be in the list, but the links malfunctioned, and I think he got lost.
Oh! That's really nice, but I actually did a lot of brainstorming earlier and decided on a solid idea for a kid with a Togepi starter. I really just wanted Mime Jr. at first so I could revive my old Redux Trainer, but I'm just as fine with trying out this new idea.

LinearAxel

Years
Oh! That's really nice, but I actually did a lot of brainstorming earlier and decided on a solid idea for a kid with a Togepi starter. I really just wanted Mime Jr. at first so I could revive my old Redux Trainer, but I'm just as fine with trying out this new idea.

Whichever you decide is fine! Mime Jr. has been added back to the list.

Years
Name: Keith Burns

Home Town: Violet City

Appearance: Keith has shaggy brown hair and piercing brown eyes. He's certainly taller than average, standing nearly six feet high with larger-than-normal shoe size to match. Speaking of shoes, he prefers to wear dark-colored sneakers and tennis shoes, as well as preferring T-shirts and jeans for the rest of his apparel. (what does your character look like? what do they wear? Picture would be great, but even if you have one you must write at the very least a paragraph)

Personality: Keith generally prefers solitude and Pokemon that hit hard, in order to keep battles short, one way or the other. Preferably they're fast too, but this isn't always necessary (as shown below, with him accepting Munchlax as a starter). Somewhat bizarrely, he always likes to be around friends, but with his difficulty approaching people he struggles to make friends, leading him to sit in and eventually desire solitude.

Keith doesn't really like small talk - probably why he has trouble making friends. One thing he definitely doesn't like, despite a preference being alone, is not having anything to do; this is the main reason why he took up battling with a desire to travel the land. He also doesn't like being in the dark, whether physically or metaphorically.

While frequent solitude and a desire for friends have made Keith a good listener, he is also rather impatient at times. He always wants things done quickly and hates waiting on other people to do something he wants or needs done. Ironically, in other things he is able to see both sides of an issue quite well. He has an excellent memory, capable of remembering sometimes esoteric details, but sometimes forgets big stuff and isn't really great at problem solving.

Keith's primary interest is strictly battling, seeking to crush other Trainer's Pokemon with the overbearing force of his own. However, he secretly has an interest in Contests and Pokeathlons, if only in how he admires how the Trainers in these events accomplish things he never would've thought of. He also likes, to the occasional revulsion of his classmates, the idea of breeding Pokemon, in an effort to breed the best, most powerful Pokemon he could. Thus, his ultimate goal is rather predictable: become the Champion and the most powerful Trainer in the world. His dream, however, is a bit more difficult to define, as not even he is always certain of how he would want the rest of his life to play out following the achievement of his goal. One thing does always remain the same, however: retiring to a peaceful home a safe distance from any town.

Brief History: Keith's family life growing up was actually pretty normal. Both parents were there, his mom was a stay-at-home, and his dad worked as an assistant at the local Pokemon School in Violet City. His dad's position was actually what put Keith on the fast track to getting into Goldenrod's Academy, via Earl's connections. Keith swiftly rose through the ranks at Earl's School, but briefly left the path to becoming a world-class Trainer and attempted to undergo the initiation rites to become a monk at the nearby Sprout Tower, but he wasn't allowed to join; the sages told him he had to much bitterness in his heart. Frustrated, he promptly returned to his studies and a few years later wound up at Goldenrod's Academy. Previously used to being able to have his privacy at a modest suburban house in Violet, it was an adjustment for him to get used to the packed city of Goldenrod.

Rival: Keith hasn't yet had enough mutual animosity with someone to garner a rival.

Other: None

Mantyke (Female, nicknamed "Admiral")
Bubble
Confuse Ray
Tackle
Twister (Egg Move)

Pokémon's appearance: It appears to be perfectly normal in every way.

Roleplay Sample: As I've never RP'd before, I'll have to use my fanfic on this site as my sample.

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Johto RP?! Johto RP?! Johto RP?!

You may see an application from me. There is this CSS template I've been dying to use that would be perfect for this. However, one question:

Since SU's are chosen off quality instead of first-come/first-serve, what's the anticipated deadline for SU's before you judge them?​

LinearAxel

Years
Johto RP?! Johto RP?! Johto RP?!

You may see an application from me. There is this CSS template I've been dying to use that would be perfect for this. However, one question:

Since SU's are chosen off quality instead of first-come/first-serve, what's the anticipated deadline for SU's before you judge them?​

I'm thinking Sunday or Monday for the judging day, unless there's a demand for more time.

Years
Preston James
Male | Sixteen | New Bark Town

Pokemon_Thunder_trainer_1.jpg

Appearance: Preston stands at a fairly average height of about five feet and ten inches and has an equally average build being neither pitiably skinny nor particularly well built. His skin is white and pale due to a tendency towards not spending nearly enough time outdoors in the past. His soft features don't help either, very much making him seem out of place under the sun. He has brown eyes and black hair that he keeps carefully styled.

Preston is the kind of person who tries to dress practically, but who also can't help but like to look his best at all times. He also has a fondness for greens and greys, which is something his attire generally reflects. Generally speaking Preston wears mossy-coloured trousers and a white or grey shirt with a green vest or hoody. His two-toned grey fedora is a constant no matter what he wears.

Personality: Preston is fairly quiet and meek, he's not uncomfortable in smaller social groups but the larger the group becomes the less at-home he feels. He also likes his own company. This is an overriding a central part of his character for the most part and is reflected in much of what he does.

In a similar vein to his meekness, Preston is also rather indecisive and unsure of himself. He doesn't have any real goals in life and spends most of his time sitting around watching tv, drawing or on occasion reading. This is something of a source of anxiety for Preston, since he is aware of his lack of direction and would like to find a foothold for the future. This is the reason behind his journey.

Preston has a creative streak being quite the talented artist (although admittedly probably not good enough to pursue it as a career). This is something that carries over to other aspects of his life also, making him quick thinking and resourceful even though he's only averagely intelligent for the most part.

Brief History: Preston has spent his whole life in New Bark Town thus far, growing up with both his parents and his twin sister. He'd always been a bit quieter and slower to socialize than his sibling, which was generally something of a concern to his parents who spent a lot of time and energy encouraging him to socialize and get to know people outside the family.

His parents had both been successful trainers, so there was always a sort of pressure on he and his sister to follow in their footsteps at some point. A pressure that only increased significantly after a New Bark native became the new champion. For the most part however he didn't share the towns renewed interest in pursuing training greatness.

It wasn't until more recently that he became increasingly aware of the lack of direction in his life and sought a way to find one. Eventually he settled on pursuing a journey and experiencing the world in the hopes of finding his place in it. Since then he has since received his starter and has spent his time preparing for his journey… or rather procrastinating it.

Rival: Preston's fraternal twin, Tarryn, left on a journey much earlier than Preston despite their shared age. She's always been more outgoing, sure of herself and in general successful than him – a source of jealousy on Preston's part.

236.gif

Savate the Tyrogue
Male/Guts

-Low Sweep
-Tackle
-Foresight
-Bullet Punch​

The RP sample I totally didn't forget at first

Last edited:

Sayoko

small evening child
Years
tumblr_nxq0trYNkD1sf993mo2_540.gif

Lana Kersey
age 16 | female
Hometown: Humilau City, Unova

Appearance: Standing at a modest height of about 5'5'', and with a slender but athletic build, Lana fits right into the average physique of a Humilau citizen... if only it wasn't for the fact that her skin tone didn't quite match the others. No, her skin is quite pale compared to the dark tan most native Humilauans have, despite spending most of her time outside - she seems to get sunburns much more instead. Her auburn, almost purplish hair gets a slightly more reddish tinge after sunlight exposure, but it otherwise matches her similarly coloured eyes. She usually keeps it ties up into a ponytail with a light-blue ribbon.

For her attire, she prefers practical clothing with bright, vibrant colours. On the day of setting out, she wears a bright yellow T-shirt, with a light-blue tank top underneath, and dark blue jeans shorts. On her feet are a pair of yellow sneakers with black accents, and white socks sticking out just above. If the situation calls for it, she also carries a long, light-blue skirt and matching brown sandals in her bag with her, though. Speaking of the bag, it is a black, rectangular shoulder bag with blue accents, and different pockets for all her storage needs.

Personality: Lana is an impulsive, outgoing personality that enjoys (literally) diving into new situations and experiences. Being from Humilau City, she has always had a special affinity with water and swimming, and appreciates the properties of water in people, as well; she's laid-back, goes with the flow whenever possible, but can whip up powerful waves from a single ripple should something rub her the wrong way.

Lana's strengths lie in her undying enthusiasm and physical fitness. Being used to rigorous exercise in her hometown, she developed a strong physique and high energy level, making her unable to sit still for too long as well. Additionally, her cheerful and carefree nature make her easy to get along with, even if it annoys people in time. This also ties in to her being very courageous, even if it's simply because she's too oblivious to see the real danger approaching.

Of course, these come with drawbacks, too... Lana could be described as a bit of a simpleton. She doesn't scare away from a challenge, but at the same time can be oblivious to real dangerous situations, whether they are physical (falling from heights) or social (being easily deceived by evildoers). This naiveté combined with her ever-present urge to help (or 'help') has landed her in some sticky situations already. Finally, being somewhat immature at heart, Lana can be scatterbrained, forgetful, and prone to mess up if she doesn't pay proper attention to what she's doing.

Brief History: Lana comes from a family of four... technically. Her father George Kersey is lovingly married to her mother Marie, and together they have one more child apart from Lana herself: an older brother named Sean. Still, because both of their parents were hard at work managing the store they owned, that specialized in water sports gear, Lana was mostly left in the care of her older brother - and he never felt like watching his kid sister alone much. As a result, Lana grew up among a group of boys, Sean and his three best friends... and because of that she might've become a little boy-crazy, too.

The influence of her family and home was strong on Lana's childhood, too, in that both her and her brother were avid swimmers at the local pool that doubled as the Humilau Gym. Sean's rigorous training had always put him in the spotlight as one of the best and fastest swimmers in the city, and this had led to his supporting of the Gym Leader Marlon as a Gym Trainer on more than one occasion. Lana herself was never the fastest, in fact she wasn't even that good a swimmer to start with, but her love for the water and affinity with Pokémon had always made it easy for her to support her brother and his friends in their swimming endeavors instead.

When she was 13 however, Sean moved to the faraway Alola region to join a prestigious training facility for aspiring professional swimmers, leaving Lana almost fully by herself. Her parents never wished to push their store onto their children, but seeing Lana's apparent loneliness did make them question what to do about her state. But then, seemingly out of nowhere, Lana suggested a solution of her own accord; to join the Trainer Academy in the region of Johto, and eventually setting out on a Pokémon journey of her own.

Rival (optional): I haven't thought of one yet, but perhaps tomorrow.
240px-458Mantyke.png

Starter Pokémon:
Mantyke

Starter Nickname:
Jet​

Starter Ability:
Water Veil​

Starter Moveset:
Wide Guard / Tackle / Bubble / Supersonic

Starter Appearance: Jet has a distinct X-shaped marking, akin to a scar, just under his left eye. It is unclear to Lana how it received this marking, though.

Roleplay Sample: I've only actually written a small portion of a JP so far, but I can whip up something brand new if necessary.

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022

Marcus Wells
Lim.jpg

I graduate, I go out and have my adventure, and then I start my own life. I don't really want all that fame and excess. What would I even do with it?

17 // The Farmer's Kid // Male

Home Town: Just outside of Olivine City

Appearance: Marcus is a little pale with blonde hair he often just leaves shaggy. A little on the small side, with a toned build from his work on his parent's farm, but not enough to usually notice under his clothing. His face hasn't really matured the way he wanted, but he doesn't really pay enough attention to his features to worry about it too much.

His fashion sense is much more practicality over style, preferring normal pants and easy to maneuver clothing on days off. Much of his closet is more suited for manual labor than city life, and a lot of it tends to fall on the extraordinarily plain side, with a few specific pieces downright work-uniform like. His work at home has also lead to a preference for thin, long-sleeved/legged clothing over short anything, even when he's not getting dirty anymore.

Personality: Quite simply put, Marcus is a farmer's boy at heart. He enjoys the outdoors, he enjoys the feeling of accomplishing something through hard work, and he enjoys the regularity of small town life. Being so close to Olivine growing up, he is used to some aspects of city life, but being near major cities is still an odd situation for him. Some aspects of the city he just doesn't like, however. He tends to clam up around lots of people, and finds the noise of the city unnecessarily distracting at times. In large group social situations he can seem a little hesitant and unsure, often preferring to go with the crowd over voicing a negative opinion, however, in smaller situations he's usually bright and cheery, eagerly going on about his interests. He's open minded about most things, but has very strong morals that cause him to lash out at any unfairness or injustices he sees. In his alone time he enjoys reading (fantasy in particular) and has a passing interest in the stars of the night sky. He also enjoys machinery, especially farm related machines.

Although he is currently in trainer school and planning to undergo the same journey as most of his classmates, his ultimate goal is to operate his own Pokemon ranch. He has a strong aversion to fame, thinking it only really brings trouble. The gym challenge and league championship is only really a test of his Pokemon handling skill to him, and while he does want to see how far he can get, he doesn't really see himself as champion. With that said, although he doesn't see himself as champion, he still is dedicated to beating the gyms and exploring the region, even if it is mostly to build up skills and money.

His ultimate weakness, however, is cute Pokemon. He is the type of person to take in a pet he can't afford if it meant getting it off the streets and debates with himself far too long over whether petting the cute Lillipup is worth potentially creating an awkward situation.

Brief History: Most of his early life was spent on his parent's farm and working there pretty much as soon as he was able to. He's one of the youngest kids of a large family (the sixth of seven kids) and much of his siblings have left for their own lives. He's only the second son, and his older brother had left the house when he was still young, leaving him in a house with many sisters. His time in the house lead to an odd situation where he picked up a lot of the slack being one of the only men on the farm, but was also doted on by some of his older sisters, although he did tend to argue with the two closest in age to him. His time on the farm also lead him to lead a pretty minimalist lifestyle, with his room pretty plain and only buying what he needed, with the occasional splurge for recreation.

A few years ago he, after letting his parents know of his attention, he left the farm for trainer school. He felt it would be the best way to learn Pokemon handling with his family being non-trainers themselves. At first he has a rough time adjusting, but eventually learned to kick some of his odder habits and made a few friends in the school. Now he awaits his graduation, and his chance to put what he has really learned to the test.

Rival (optional): Vi (Violet), a girl from the farm next door that grew up with Marcus and went to a different trainer school. The two of them tended to compete over most things growing up, which almost always tied in the end (Marcus is leading 214-209, but who's counting). Marcus was a little disappointed by the fact that they wouldn't go to the same school, but put forth the extra effort to prove he is a better than her and completely going to beat that cocky-tomboy into the ground in the Gym race. And although their interactions may seem a little mean spirited to an outsider, it's really all in the name of friendly competition, and both make sure that the other is never really too hurt by their actions (the most common phrase behind "I bet I can ... faster than you" growing up was "don't tell anyone, I'll let you hit me real hard, Okay?")

Chosen Starter:
298.gif

Sylvi the Azurill (Female)
Huge Power
Water Gun // Tail Whip // Water Sport // CopyCat (Egg)

Pokémon's appearance: There are a few tufts of fur on top of her head and ears that refuse to lay flat.

Other: (anything else you want to add): I made a character based around Cleffa earlier, but thinking back I don't think the personality fit the character.

Roleplay Sample: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9240099&postcount=8

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
mime-jr.png
Harley Fujimoto female seventeen
Making her debut from Ecruteak City...

Appearance: There is a very patent element to Harley that makes her, aesthetically, more "stand-out" than any ordinary seventeen-year-old Trainer. Her eyes—tourmaline-green—are piercingly so and her hair, anomalously, is a solid fuchsia color that has a tendency to pop from one's peripheral vision. Her hair is like the bait and her figure like the hook; if Harley's features were comparable to one word, that would be sharp. She has noticeably-long fingers with dagger-like, painted nails, a subtle boniness that shows especially in her jutting elbows, a curved, hawk nose. Even Harley's hair is cut short and precisely, stopping just above her bony shoulders with squared bangs draped just over those tourmaline eyes. Her height and weight are slightly below average because of genetics though this is barely discernible due to the sheer length of her legs. Her face is also predominately "sharp": very angular with especially prominent cheekbones, and overall she seems older than in-truth because of it.
--------It seems Harley is dressed deliberately to add her own eccentric sense of style to the popularized modern way of dress. Her casual wear is typically common clothing—high-waisted shorts, T-shirt dresses, leggings—with added elements to make them uncommon, a special "something" that makes it bizarrely Harley. Additionally, the teenage Trainer tends to experiment with more formal wear—blouses and pencil skirts—and this usually leads to a minimalist look with accents of color from vibrant jewelry. When it comes down to gritty details like earrings and make-up—especially makeup—, Harley is especially batty there. No subtly in the candy colors that coat her face, ever. Overall, it's a sense of fashion that isn't reflective of her upbringing, is highly exploratory and is highly her own.

Personality: Harley is eccentric, a natural show-woman without, truly, any fear. She has commendable confidence while maintaining the courage to step out of her comfort zone and continually try new things. A curious young woman, Harley has a tendency to put engagement in new situations over practicality. This pertains to a sense of detrimental optimism of hers in which she ignores any sense of hindsight to take unnecessary risks for thrills-sake. In that way, she can be a reckless daredevil, but she is certainly no simpleton. Harley is unexpectedly shrewd, very much a "thinker" with a tendency to look with her hands and write things out. It just so happens she prefers answering impulses than taking full-advantage of a full mind.
--------At her prime, Harley bubbles over with zeal and self-confidence, her theatrical nature transforming her into some type of rallier as she sacrifices some competence for entertaining tall around her. She flourishes under the eyes of others, a true extrovert. She is not always excitable, in fact being quite composed when not exposed to a crowd. Harley is also very stubborn, a heredity trait, but unlike her elders and ancestors before them, she is not injuriously proud. She does not fathom herself as "better" than any other person and is actually quite friendly, though still possesses many qualities that could potentially offend. For although Harley is all-smiles, she is also all-jokes, which can be perceived as frivolousness, insensitivity even. Her sense of humor is characteristic of the Fujimoto family, one that unearths old embarrassments of a person for humor's sake and is playfully derisive. Contrarily, Harley rarely jeers when upset. Truly most of what she knows is defined by the family she has immersed herself in for seventeen years. Because of this, despite her drive to act amicably, there are times were Harley will slip up, scald instead of soothe, because of a failure to empathize.
--------Her favorite type is the Fairy type, an alluring type with hidden slyness, with the Ghost type being a close second. Harley most looks down on the Steel type, mostly out of bitterness due to their durability, but also because of their stiffness. She is also inexplicably peeved by Fire types. Harley values the right to express one's self as they choose and is drawn to people who do not possess a critical eye. Her least favorite person is the unresponsive wallflower who coldly refuses to have any sort of fun. She is particularly fond towards candy and carnival food—fried dough and popcorn, for example—and doesn't like coffee or energy drinks. Complete silence disturbs her, as well as the idea of conformity, and Harley's ultimate fear is being locked away in a small, dark room alienated from the rest of the world.

Brief Background Information: The Fujimotos are an expansive family and their grandeur lineage is nearly as ancient as Ecruteak itself. They are a family enraptured and totally defined in the performing arts of old. Their ancestors had performed in the courts of feudal leaders and, since those days of origin, the Fujimotos have religiously persisted in traditional dance and kabuki theatre. Their talent is matched only by the Kimono Girls and, though less publicized, they are still quite successful, if not just as much so. This, of course, is no longer true in the current Johtoen decade where massive development has come at the expense of classic culture. Appreciation of the customary arts has dwindled considerably, to the point where only the Kimono Girls attract really any real audience, and they have been diluted to a point where they are more idols than anything. The Fujimotos are at a decline, inevitably relying on a dying art to support their empire. They are a family of great size who relies on money and, in turn, their audiences to thrive. The money is no longer a continual source, now. Still, in desperate times, the Fujimotos obdurately refuse to take on desperate measures. They are greatly proud of their ancestry and their background, refusing to "modernize" their shows by conforming to the formulas of more technologically-enhanced shows that appear more Unova-inspired than anything. In fact the heads of the family refrained from even speaking about their financial crisis so that the youth could continue their artful training and practice in blissful ignorance. Harley herself only learned of calamity just months ago but has been proficient in striving to do something about it.
--------Education on the science behind and propensities of Pokemon was mandatory with how major a role they played in the Fujimoto family, as each relative possessed access to their own Trainer's license. However, Harley never intended to make anything of the information garnered at the Goldenrod Trainers' Academy career-wise. She had never thrown much of a fuss regarding Pokemon and familial expectations dictated she be a performer so a younger Harley determined that was what she'd be. However, her temporary enrollment was soon made more permanent when she grew not only enraptured in the creatures in which the world practically revolved around but also became obligated to a goal. The leaked news of her beloved family's decline devastated Harley. The lack of initiative in reversing that decline impacted her further. If anyone was bound to do anything to save the Fujimotos, it would certainly have to be herself. This is why Harley is motivated to become a Trainer: to support her family in the quintessential way. Even in modern times, successful and dedicated Pokemon Trainers are highly profitable with prize money from incessant battling and even sponsoring. Harley needs her money; more accurately, her loved ones need the money, though whether they can appreciate Harley's money-making method is uncertain. The decision is derisive amongst the Fujimotos. Harley is the first Fujimoto Trainer since Masa-Masa who departed from Pallet Town decades ago signifying now little of a tradition it is considered to be. Supporters and opposers are roughly dependent on their closeness to the girl. Harley's non-immediate family, for the most part, think coldly of her. She is selfish for abandoning her family for an inevitably short-lived journey, more fun than gainful; it isn't real labor. Harley herself, an "assimilationist". The way she walks and talks and sounds goes against all the Fujimotos stand for. Harley is obstinate to prove these distant members wrong. In her mind, the Fujimotos have always represented expressiveness and creative freedom. They love who they are and deeply respect those that came before. Ultimately, she suspects that is not entirely about tradition and that she will work to a powerful extent to bring about a miraculous change. Though the journey will undoubtedly be a life-changing experience, Harley believes it is not entirely her own.

Relatives and Rivals:
Masata ("Big Masa-Masa"): Harley's grandfather and a burly, thickly-set man built like a knotted tree. In his "glory days", he was a Trainer and, later, a wrestler but is presently and whole-heartedly involved in kabuki theatre like many of Harley's immediate relatives. He is an adamant upholder of the Fujimoto beliefs, making for a proud and stern man, though he is ultimately taken very lightly by his family members due to his tendency to rant and forgetful nature. "Big Masa-Masa" alludes to his size and his struggle to be considered seriously despite his goofiness. Masata's old Grandbull partner is always beside him. He does wonderful voice impressions and has lately taken an interest to Pokemon breeding, ironic considering his outdated knowledge. (He just recently learned his life partner was of the Fairy type.)

Jiro ("Ratto"): Harley's older brother of nineteen years with a partiality towards Fire types, as well as a tendency to collect seemingly-useless knick-knacks. This trait earned him his nickname which means "rat" in an ancient language, also alluding to his Rattata-reminscent appearance with wild lavender hair and sizable front teeth. Jiro is occasionally considered the "deadbeat" of the family due to his ever-shifting side jobs and responsibilities, but he is quite intelligent like his younger sister when it comes to offhand knowledge. He may occasionally call her with "survival advice". Overall, Ratto is the most excitable and clownish of Harley's immediate family members, to the point where his excitably can be grating enough to bring out his sister's stern-faced side. His Magmar tends to also get under Harley's skin as it lazily spouts smoke and smog from its beak before nastily sucking it back in.

Madame Fujimoto ("Ms. Yokai"): Harley's beloved mother, a talented actress, though trained originally to dance. Hardly referred to with her first name out of respect, Madame Fujimoto is one of the major heads of the household, though easily the most passive. She is accepting woman who can enforce order if she so chooses, though strongly prefers not doing so. Madame Fujimoto has a brooding appearance with frequently slouched shoulders and long, dark hair hanging stringly over her face, inspiring the affectionate nickname "Ms. Yokai". However, she appears to be to only Fujimoto thoroughly exasperated with such nicknames. She is commonly trailed by her friendly Misdrevius and Duskull partners that held comfort her when she grows lonesome or upset. This may occur or appear to occur quite often as Ms. Yokai is an unexpectedly dramatic woman who tends to comically exaggerate her feelings of frustration and angst, whether that be a purposeful intention or otherwise. Either way, it is regarded as comical by her family.

Kimi: A distant cousin on Harley's father's side who does not live in the Ecruteak household but instead in Laverre City, Kalos, training to be a Furisode Girl. She is very near full graduation from Lady Viola's Furisode Girl mentorship program and is taking a vacation to her family in Ecruteak City as a ways of vacation. Kimi was mainly convinced by her uncle—Harley's father—to take the trip, having admittedly little care for this side of the family, typically surrounding herself with her friends. She particularly looks down upon Harley for her cousin's decision to turn Trainer though this animosity seems adapted from her parents. Still, her tendency to appear patronizing to her little cousin causes the two to often clash as there is undeniably bad blood between them.

Hiriko: Harley's youngest sister, in turn the youngest daughter of the Fujimoto family. Considered purely innocent and highly beloved, hence the lack of individual nickname. Hiriko herself is quite sensitive and prone to anxiety making it more appropriate to address her simply by her true title. Recently she was recognized for her promise and dexterity by Ecruteak's very own Kimono Girls and has been explicitly invited to train to become one. This is a gargantuan honor to the Fujimoto family and Hiriko has little a choice in doing anything but accepting the stunning proposal.

Harley's other relatives include her father, two twin brothers, an aunt and uncle that live in Ecruteak with her, as well as a cluster of other members scattered across the Kanto and Kalos regions.

Other:
She has a naturally loud and carrying voice.

Harley has been engaged in gymnastics since her early years and usually experiments with handstands, back-bends or simply hangs off of things rather than stand around.

Her official Fujimoto nickname is "Snoots" though Jiro, claiming to have heard this from Kimi's mouth, cheekily calls her "Miss Assimilationist".

Starter Pokémon:​

mimm_zpsbpg7p5x4.png

Goofball (m) The Mime Pokemon
Ability: Filter; Furthers resistance to super-effective moves.
Nature: Hasty; Though he has a quick pace, Goofball is very susceptible to direct attacks.
/ Tickle | Barrier | Confusion | Teeter Dance* \
◓ Flamboyant ◓ Clingy ◓ Clumsy ◓ Friendly

Writing Sample:​

--------The two Pokemon spun circles around each other, Mime Jr. leading the waltz with eye-raising proficiency as Pancham struggled to keep pace with Swords Dance. The Fighting-type sprung frenetically from one paw to the next, back-and-forth, back-and-forth, the toll of such a dance presenting itself in a strained expression on Pancham's face. Meanwhile, his opponent bobbed and wove around him without a care. They pirouetted all around him, like a teetering top. Pancham felt himself swaying unsteadily alongside them. Dazed, they were forced to back down.

--------The Pancham's Trainer bit his lip, regarding the failed maneuver on his part and the blatant look of confusion his Pokemon exhibited now. The Teeter Dance had been marvelously executed but Harley thought it too predictable and overly arrogant to openly express her pride in it. Instead, the light circle of youthful onlookers saw her raise her Pokegear to her face. Above their muddled murmuring softly sounded a dialing tone...

--------"Hello!" she greeted with a trill at the prefatory grunt of her grandfather. "'Why am I calling...' Now don't be rude, Grandpa. I just wanted to check in with you since I have a few minutes before the train gets here, that's all."

--------"What? Train to New Bark hasn't shown up yet? What they keepin' you around for, Snoots?"

--------"Dunno." She shrugged, supporting the Pokegear against the side of her face with her shoulder as she drew a canister of lip gloss from her purse.

--------"...what's all that hullabaloo I'm hearin'?" Masa-Masa asked through the speakers.

--------"Oh, I was just challenged to a battle—"

--------"What!? Snoots— You— You better be payin' attention, Harley! Are you callin' me in the middle of a Trainer battle!?"
--------Harley chortled under her breath, shooting a humored look at the ever-expanding crowd who had mostly knowing expressions. Her grandfather's outrage was publicized through the speaker mode of her 'gear and, as a response to it, a few of the younger academy students had quite a laugh. The rest were either bewildered or absorbed with Harley's opponent whose face seemed contorted and red. He fought to keep a relatively-even tone to his voice as he addressed the girl across the battlefield.

--------"Yeah, well, he's right. You can't call somebody in the middle of a battle!" He shot a despairing look down at their Pokemon once more as Harley's Goofball callously approached Pancham and raised a digit-less hand, as if impudently asking, "How many fingers am I holding up?" Of course, the staggering Fighting type knew not how to respond. "Make your Mime Jr. stop it!"

--------Harley responded with a complacent look as she silently applied her lip gloss, Masa-Masa vociferating a slew of battle "strategies" now.

--------"What you should do in a Trainer battle, Snoots, is build combos..."

--------The Trainer commanded Power-Up Punch, his Pokemon shaking its head to ready itself before springing forwards with gritted teeth and drawn-back fist. His curled paw was aimed right at Goofball's tacky clown nose... the punch was coming... and then its momentum was abruptly broken as he realized the presence of a Barrier too late. The ire-fueled move smashed against the defensive maneuver, shattering the transparent sheet immediately, but by then Goofball had evaded any damage by pacing backwards. At the Pancham's vexation, they blew a raspberry. Laughter erupted from the surrounding audience.

--------"...so what you do is, you take the most effective of your Pokemon's attacks," Masa-Masa continued. "You take that, and then, while your opponent is recovering, you smack 'em with another so then—"

--------"What if my Pokemon only knows one attacking move?" Harley interjected.

--------"Well, you clearly chose the wrong Pokemon, then, because I can only think of one Pokemon that only has one attacking move and that's Magikarp!"

--------Harley had to bite her fist to keep from laughing out loud.

--------Meanwhile, an aggravated Pancham rashly swung at the out-of-distant Mime Jr. and promptly tripped over nothing, falling flatly and painfully on its own face. The crowd erupted with added commentary: "Pfft", "Wah-wah-wah", a single "You can do it, Pancham!"

--------Even that cry of encouragement hardly helped the appaled opposing Trainer who was throwing desperate looks all about him. "Can you believe this?" he silently inquired the crowd before solemnly glowering over at Harley.

--------"Are you gonna battle or what? 'cause you're not even doing anything, really! Your Pokemon is just messing around with Pancham!" He finished the cry of indignation, followed with a few "Ooohs" from the spectators, with a final shout of "Get serious!"

--------Harley turned her gaze onto the boy now, huffed and stuck her hands to her hips. "You should learn to lighten up," she stated sourly. Goofball expressed equal sentiment, mimicking her hands-on-hips pose as best he could with objectively neither. The crowd members who were undeniably swayed in their favor complimented their retaliation with roars of laughter.

--------The sheer amount of noise made it very clear to Harley's opponent that his support was miserably low in-comparison to this frivilous girl and he clenched his fists as he realized that he was the one who needed to significantly up his game. He called his dizzy Pancham towards him, quickly drawing a Full Heal to cure their confusion before ordering them out again where Goofball was waiting. Harley suggested he set up another Barrier and he staggered forward, abruptly stopping a few inches from Pancham to do so. The Fighting-type engaged in another Swords Dance as commanded by their Trainer, this one far more successful. Nervously, Goofball backed away, as did Pancham surprisingly, stopping a far distance from Barrier before suddenly racing forward at their Trainer's mark once more. Their Foul Play surrounded them in an ebony aura as they smashed through Barrier and continued forwards, crashing into a horrified Goofball and sending them sprawling backwards into the grass.

--------The crowd gasped.

--------"I dunno if they let you kids fish un-authorized anymore but, trust me Harley, don't even consider catching a Magikarp 'cause they ain't work a single second of Training. Literally nothing comes out of raising one. Literally! And I'd know—"

--------Click. She'd apologize later. At the moment, Harley found herself knee-deep in a terrible predicament as her partner clumsily struggled onto their little knob-like feet. Though the audience was won over, the battle's conclusion was very unclear, and she recognized now that it always had been.

--------"Well," she started in a light tone that portrayed the darkness settled on her lean face. "If you want me to get serious, I suppose we can do that. Goofball, no more playing, dear. Get up and use Confusion!"

Last edited:

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
I've decided I do not have the time to devote to this RP and will no longer be working on an SU for this. I wish you all luck and look forward to reading what you all write up.

Back