• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's baaaaaack: VGC 30-Day Music Challenge!

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Day 1 and of course it's a hard one.

Well unfortunately for the challenge it's a dead tie. They're both from the same game though!

Between

We've Got Hostiles (Spoilers)

and

Questionable Ethics 1 (Spoilers)

They really help make the parts of the game they're from some on the most memorable in the game. Who would've thought an engine from 2004 could still make magic. I apologize for the top gameplay as it was the only video I could find using the 2016 game version opposed to the 2012 mod version.

Also if I have to chose between the two to be a part of this you'd better kick me out now, because I cannot.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Day 1

This'll be the easiest one for me. The sheer emotion of the climax of Snake Eater is perfectly reflected in this somber tune. RIP Boss.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Day 1: Your Favorite Song

Impossible for me to narrow it down to a single song, so I'll just post my current fav at the moment.

Plays immediately at the start of the game, and one of the main reasons I decided to buy it.

Arsenic

Years
Day 2 - Least favorite

I'll just rip something from one of the closet slooty looking anime games that a certain someone always posts in the VG rate thread! I'm sure I could pick a million of those posts to fill this spot! I guess this one will do! (I've never even played the game)

Makes me upset that this is now in my view history just to get the code for it...

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
Song 4 U is one of my favorites, nice choice for favorite song! :D

Day 1, favorite song:

Spoiler:

(day 1 goes until September 10th, right?)

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Day 2 - Least Favorite Song

Take your pick from just about any of the Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood soundtrack. While the game may be decent by Sonic standards the music is just crappy all around. Just a real lazy job by the composer; a majority of which are just awful sounding remixes of past songs.

Arsenic

Years
DAY 3 - Favorite 8 Bit Song

I dunno honestly. I'm not much into 8 and 16 bit stuff. Seems to give me a headache for some reason or another. I guess I'll go with the Zelda intro, that's 8-bit right?

Day 4 - Favorite 16 bit song

Why two in one? Because as far as I'm concerned the date doesn't change until I go to sleep, but it is past 12am so it's tomorrow. (plus I can get both my least favorite days done with in one shot)

I'll go with Star Fox's Space Armata

Now that those are over... Onward to the next day (tomorrow of course)

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Day 4 Favourite 16 bit tune

I was half tempted just to post the entire soundtrack. picking just one from FF6 is too hard.

I realise I've missed two days, sorry, was a bit busy.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
I hope it's not a problem if I join late, I wasn't on the forum for a couple days. There are no spoilers, but since I'm catching up, I'll put them under tags to avoid thread clutter.

Day 1 - Favorite song

I almost made a mistake and posted a different song. I somehow forgot that the entire Ys III OST is one of my favorites. This one is probably my favorite from the OST.
Spoiler:

Day 2 - Least favorite song

If we ignore the objectively terrible songs that are just poorly made, I'll have to pick this. It's half the reason why I ended up dropping the game.
Spoiler:

Day 3 - Favorite 8-bit song

Not my favorite from the franchise (can't beat Encounter). Konami oldies were really good.
Spoiler:

Day 4 - Favorite 16-bit song

Konami and Capcom make this one really hard, but I'll probably settle with TMNT
Spoiler:

Arsenic

Years
Day 5 - A song that gets you geared for a challenge

"I think we misunderestimated!"

One of the best parts of episode two is the giant antlion battle around a quarter way through the game. It's hunk of the soundtrack is just as heavy and epic as the fight and really gets you ready for something amazing to engage in!

"Oh s***, the whole place is lit up. GRAB A TUNNEL!"

Also apologies for always posting in this so early in the morning but right now it's the only time I have to participate!

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Day 3 - Favorite 8-bit song

Lagrange Point was the only game ever released with Konami's VRC7 sound generator integrated circuit and what a difference it makes. Doesn't sound at all like your regular NES music.

Day 4 - Favorite 16-bit song

Sega CD is 16-bit right? Lunar 2's normal battle theme is among my favorites.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
Day 5: A Song That gets you Geared for a Challenge

I don't want to use too many songs from the same games/franchises, but in this case I had to, as most songs I could think of were just really boss battles that pump you up during fight. This one plays at the last third of the final dungeon, as you climb a tower and approach the top and the final boss. Really pumps you up for the finale (that becomes so anticlimactic if you're playing on Nightmare and get rekt for hours)

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Day 5: A Song That gets you Geared for a Challenge

Maybe not so much as gearing up for a challenge but just getting the blood pumping. Hearing that objection and picking the correct evidence makes you feel like a genius, lol. Just a little more to finding out the truth.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Day 5

For all the issues with Call of Duty, this soundtrack always gets me heated up and ready to take something on.

Back