• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
It's Smash, what could go wrong? xD
You just had to say it. (note: you might want to lower the volume near the end of the video)

Meanwhile, /r/smashbros has made a poll two days ago on which character redditors voted at the fighter ballot. The poll ended and these were the top 15 picks (from the top left to the bottom right):

Spoiler:

Cura

Years

Ridley is a big nope (He is in the game as a stage hazard).
Waluigi is sadly a nope due to his (assist trophy).
Splatoon Girl is a bit on the lower side due to her recent appearance (too new).
Paper Mario most likely is a nope, due to both Mario and Doc Mario.
Everyone else though has a good chance, a very good chance of getting in. I personally would love to see Shantae in all honestly.

Also, where is Daisy? I am sad now. :(

Aven

~:Official Beater:~
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 8, 2022

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Is that official? If not I don't think it's true, or even accurate. I expected Chrom to be pretty high up, let alone on the list at all.
Like my previous post and Zekrom said, this is not an official poll result . It's done by /r/smashbros, and it's suppose to give an idea of what redditors are voting at the ballot. While yes Ridley and Waluigi are already in the game in a non-playable role like Chrom, reddit polls show they're more popular than him. Of course that doesn't leave the fact that the one who voted for them are either still in denial or have no idea how Sakurai's character picks work.

Cura

Years
I think a lot of the redditors are in denial or just aren't thinking straight after seeing that listing they made. Some of them are possible as such with King K, since he is overwhelmingly wanted.

I cringe when I see someone tell me that they voted for Goku though, my mind just freezes and thinks, 'You have to kidding me'. (> ~ <)

Edit: I got something. For you all
King K is getting ready for Smash. (Warning!: Flashing Colours)
http://www.tubechop.com/watch/5657946

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Here's an interesting tidbit: http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/0...ots-on-the-super-smash-bros-character-lineup/

If you click on any of the character profiles from the official website and scroll down to the very bottom, where it shows icons to the other characters, you see five blank slots after Mewtwo. A lot of people are speculating that those spots are for the DLC characters, and since one of those spots will be taken by Lucas, it is believed that we'll be getting 4 DLC characters from the ballot, most likely from the top 4 requested.

Cura

Years
Here's an interesting tidbit: http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/0...ots-on-the-super-smash-bros-character-lineup/

If you click on any of the character profiles from the official website and scroll down to the very bottom, where it shows icons to the other characters, you see five blank slots after Mewtwo. A lot of people are speculating that those spots are for the DLC characters, and since one of those spots will be taken by Lucas, it is believed that we'll be getting 4 DLC characters from the ballot, most likely from the top 4 requested.

Those slots were empty before Mewtwo was even announced, its just open space put there to avoid clashing of themes. However, now the slots are being used and it works out fine. It could be just 5 or possibly just like Mario Kart 8, a new row will appear at the bottom.

Aven

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 8, 2022
Or it could just be there and not be used. They are just slots on the website guys, not the actual game.

It would be funny if Sakurai put them there on purpose just to troll us. It wouldn't be his first time doing something like that.

Cura

Years
Or it could just be there and not be used. They are just slots on the website guys, not the actual game.

It would be funny if Sakurai put them there on purpose just to troll us. It wouldn't be his first time doing something like that.

If it was a trolling situation, most folk would be extremely unhappy with him. I remember seeing an article somewhere (its gone now :() that was actually a small group of users wanting Sakurai to be replaced because he isn't a true professional in the gaming industry due to all of his joking and troll attempts on the gamers who play Smash. When I read and saw this small article, I asked myself, 'Who are you to judge someone, *******?' I mean seriously, we all know that Mr. Sakurai has had a long road with the Smash Brothers series, even changing his own life up to make it a great series, if that isn't the true professional standard of being a willing and active game developer, then what the hell is? Also, who are they to judge him as well? He can fun like anyone else, he damn well earned it because of all the work it did. If he wants to troll and that is how he gets his laughs, I think he deserves it along with the team that helped him make the games.

(On an unrelated note: There has been some issues with double-posting. It seems to happen on certain computers for me. But when I'm using my desktop, there is no issues. It might be your internet connection causing the double-posting.)

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
@everyone wondering about the double posting: It's a known issue with threads that have accumulated a lot of pages. Idk if it can be fixed or not and it's a little random on if it'll duplicate your posts or not. It apparently will not dupe your post if you quote someone or use the Go Advanced post reply thing instead of Quick Reply.

Aven

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 8, 2022
If it was a trolling situation, most folk would be extremely unhappy with him. I remember seeing an article somewhere (its gone now :() that was actually a small group of users wanting Sakurai to be replaced because he isn't a true professional in the gaming industry due to all of his joking and troll attempts on the gamers who play Smash. When I read and saw this small article, I asked myself, 'Who are you to judge someone, *******?' I mean seriously, we all know that Mr. Sakurai has had a long road with the Smash Brothers series, even changing his own life up to make it a great series, if that isn't the true professional standard of being a willing and active game developer, then what the hell is? Also, who are they to judge him as well? He can fun like anyone else, he damn well earned it because of all the work it did. If he wants to troll and that is how he gets his laughs, I think he deserves it along with the team that helped him make the games.

(On an unrelated note: There has been some issues with double-posting. It seems to happen on certain computers for me. But when I'm using my desktop, there is no issues. It might be your internet connection causing the double-posting.)

I completely agree. I honestly love Sakurai for trolling and not being "professional" If they wanted a developer that is going to be straight forward and logical then lets go ahead and say Ridley is too big to be in Smash. And while we're at it we might as well take out items completely, because they're unfair and unprofessional xD

Cura

Years
@everyone wondering about the double posting: It's a known issue with threads that have accumulated a lot of pages. Idk if it can be fixed or not and it's a little random on if it'll duplicate your posts or not.
The double posting issue can be either caused by your internet speed to the site, or something with in the java of the site. I forget which one is at fault here, but when I was using a laptop, it tended to glitch up and double post all over the place, then when I used my wired desktop, I had no lag issues at all.

It apparently will not dupe your post if you quote someone or use the Go Advanced post reply thing instead of Quick Reply.
That sounds like a Javascript error or lag.

I completely agree. I honestly love Sakurai for trolling and not being "professional" If they wanted a developer that is going to be straight forward and logical then lets go ahead and say Ridley is too big to be in Smash. And while we're at it we might as well take out items completely, because they're unfair and unprofessional xD
Personally, I don't mind him trolling. I found it mostly fun and watching the reactions about it made me laugh hard. xD

Years
Snake and Ice Climbers definitely aren't coming back, and I doubt we'll get any third parties or stuff that's already in the game like Waluigi or Ridley. I'm also doubting the likeliness of stuff from indie games.

Of the front runners listed above, I'd say Inkling and Paper Mario have the best chance. I'd imagine they're already planning a Wolf DLC to fill the gap between Lucas and whenever the ballot character is released.

Back