• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: Pokémon SkyLine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I would like to post an image where i found bug, but some stupid rule doesnt allow me to do it, so Destinedjagold, i can send you link with that screenshot.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I would like to post an image where i found bug, but some stupid rule doesnt allow me to do it, so Destinedjagold, i can send you link with that screenshot.
You only have 9 posts; the forum rule is 15 posts before any links or screenshots. I don't know if this applies to PMs however, though I suspect it does.

If you upload it to imageshack or something, I'll be happy to show the image in a post here.

Cyclone

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Wow another hack immediately after legend of guardians..... i never expected the first beta to be upto 6 gyms.... i have bben enjoying your hacks since i was 11..... anyway i hope you finish this hack too :)

Years

Well... at least you unpacked the file...
You need to patch the IPS/UPS file to a clean Ruby ROM.

I'm so sorry for bothering you, but How can I patch it? I have never done such a thing. I tried to search the instuction or something from this tread but I didin't found it...

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Oh my goodness, Pokémon SkyLine. Didn't see this one until now, and now that I've seen this hack thread... it immediately caught my attention. xD

That's fantastic that you're actually working on a totally new storyline that is separate from the Ruby Destiny series, it really does sound like it would be very enjoyable. ^^

Hm... lemme take a look at the screenshots. Well, from what I can see... maybe you could change the design of the cave graphics? That would make it a more creative design.

Maybe you could also research some of the stuff in FireRed as well as Emerald? And if you can do some ASM, then you might be able to paste some of the stuff from them.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
You made this entire hack by yourself?

Yep, with some help from Crosell with the sprites.
He's still working on them though.

Another hack by the amazing destinedjagold!
(can't believe I haven't seen this yet)
Looks amazing so far, and can't wait to see the finished product.

The finished product will definitely be for a while.

I found that if you run very fast,you may go to another town without wailmer pale.It's a bug or part of the game :D?

I'll...check on that.
Thank you.

Will there be any new music? I have to give it to you, that was the most masterful use of People Imprisoned by Destiny and Simple and Clean that I've seen in a rom hack. Will there be any more from Chrono Cross or Kingdom Hearts? It really gave an added effect to Life of Guardians.

I am not sure if I will be adding new music though.
It really depends, since it's not really on the top of the things I need to do with SkyLine.

By the way, are you planning to make Skyline to be as storyline-oriented like LoG? I loved LoG mainly due to its unique storyline. Oh, and by the way, have you ever played Ragnarok Online? I think I heard Gonryun/Kunlun's Theme in the Day Care Center.

I plan to, but it won't be like LoG.
I plan to make some of the stories to only be triggered if the player can trigger them, for other stories to follow.

I'm so sorry for bothering you, but How can I patch it? I have never done such a thing. I tried to search the instuction or something from this tread but I didin't found it...

I have a tutorial about that.
Hopefully, it'll be helpful.

Hm... lemme take a look at the screenshots. Well, from what I can see... maybe you could change the design of the cave graphics? That would make it a more creative design.

I think I'll leave the cave tiles like that.
I really like FR cave tiles for some odd reason.

Maybe you could also research some of the stuff in FireRed as well as Emerald? And if you can do some ASM, then you might be able to paste some of the stuff from them.

I'm not good with ASM...
...okay, to be honest, I have no idea how to do ASM. =/

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 18, 2020
I hate the attempt at fake difficulty ...by making EVERY trainer spam items, its annoying and repetitive, quite frankly it makes me not want to even go to the end of the beta.

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Someone please tell me where rock smash is! I've looked all over moonlight town and I can't find it!

Years
Someone please tell me where rock smash is! I've looked all over moonlight town and I can't find it!
Trigger the event at route 3-b then got to the moonlight pokemon center talk to the person sitting right and you''ll get rock smash.

Is it possible to get a water stone legally in this beta? I wanna get my Poliwrath legally, If there isnt's it's really weird its like you are racist against Vaporeon.xD

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
Years
Hey i don't know if this is a bug but after i beat emerald and the other trainer at the start of the journey i went back to the beach and when i got a starter i still kept my eevee wich i found awesome.

edit: found an other bug. Before i went to twinkle town i went to moonlight town and went up to route 3b. i saw 2 aqua members and a secuine and when i talked to the secuine it was a trainer with lvl 30+ pokemon. I dont think i was suppose to enter that place but it seems either the whole game is bugged or is it only me.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hey i don't know if this is a bug but after i beat emerald and the other trainer at the start of the journey i went back to the beach and when i got a starter i still kept my eevee wich i found awesome.

Interesting.
I'll check on that.
Thank you.

found an other bug. Before i went to twinkle town i went to moonlight town and went up to route 3b. i saw 2 aqua members and a secuine and when i talked to the secuine it was a trainer with lvl 30+ pokemon. I dont think i was suppose to enter that place but it seems either the whole game is bugged or is it only me.

Already reported and I already fixed it in the next to-be-released version.

This hack is awesome!!,but why does the game progress fast?

It does?

Read the F.A.Q. please.

I hate the attempt at fake difficulty ...by making EVERY trainer spam items, its annoying and repetitive, quite frankly it makes me not want to even go to the end of the beta.

The reason they have items is because...they are trainers.
Their ability of using items will remain in the game.

I can't please everyone though.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
The reason they have items is because...they are trainers.
Their ability of using items will remain in the game.

I can't please everyone though.
I can actually understand the complaint. I think the concern is that if every Trainer has items, then you are being forced to go and search out items yourself to use in the same fashion they use them.

Most of the time it should not be an issue, however...MOST of the time. After all, if your move is super-effective and you go for the second and the kill, the Trainer merely wastes his Potion. But I say again, every Trainer having them is excessive; most official games limit it to Gym Leaders and a select few (like other Gym Trainers or a couple of notable battles, like against a Magma leader or somesuch). Is it more challenging giving every Trainer items? Sure. Does it give any form of uniqueness to the leaders? No, they're just another battle.

Cyclone

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
The official games limit it mostly to leaders, sometimes the rival, higher up members of Team Plot, and the occasional wealthy trainer, or Cooltrainer/Ace Trainer. Random Youngsters and such almost never have items. Also, if you plan on making money scarce for the player again, the most direct consequence of this is players being very conservative with money and resources, so having items on every single trainer is somewhat unusual as you'd expect them to be governed by the same rules as the player. It's also not a bad idea to withhold items from trainers who you'd expect to get them sometimes as it makes them less predictable.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
@Doesn't

Wouldn't the money issue be easily bypassed by the use of Pickup, like how you used the Combees in your LP? Since Jagold is hacking Ruby (Which lacks the Pickup nerf implemented with FRLG and later Emerald), should Pick-up be allowed only on late-game mons? Or removed completely to stop the loophole abuses?

@jagold
I do agree with blackmage. Even though giving potions to every single trainer may seem like a way to increase difficulty, it is also highly frustrating. As Cylone said, it's just a way of postponing the inevitable and wasting PP. Giving potions to common trainers does not make the battle more difficult, just one turn longer.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
On the subject of Pickup, I'm using that to my advantage to hold on to money in Emerald right now. Zigzagoon has a permanent home in my party for the time being, and I've already snagged Ultra Potions via Pickup and even a couple of Great Balls, one of which captured Skitty when I stumbled upon it while out of regular Pokéballs. It works splendidly because I have to train to defeat a Lv.15 Nosepass in the very first Gym, and have been loitering about Rustboro training for at least a couple of days now. (Yes, I could level one up into the 20s and say screw it, but that doesn't help much later.)

So my item collection is going splendidly right now. Pickup is a very useful ability to have available early in the game. :) I tried one beta without such Pokémon available and no items lying around and found it to not be much fun in the early stages.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Trigger the event at route 3-b then got to the moonlight pokemon center talk to the person sitting right and you''ll get rock smash.

Is it possible to get a water stone legally in this beta? I wanna get my Poliwrath legally, If there isnt's it's really weird its like you are racist against Vaporeon.xD

What event is it? I can't seem to trigger it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back