• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge 8: Numeracy!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I don't think the order matters, it should be fine as long as we don't post consecutively, and I think "correctly" is not posting a number that has already been posted.

Though Anna's plan looks fine and it'd be safe to follow that even if order doesn't matter, Team Ludicolo is very likely going to post some of our numbers, and might also get some of our 3-point numbers, which means we might run out of 3-point numbers and either Nakuzami or Guildmaster won't be able to get 3 points by the time it's their turn.

They get to post 5 more times before Nakuzami or Guildmaster and there are 4 3-point numbers left. Either Nakuzami or Guildmaster will get one of these, so it's a risk for the one that's left. We can stick Anna's plan though for now, but if both the next Ludicolo members post 3-point numbers then it's a problem.

okay but now what do we do? if that's the case, following my plan would be the worst thing for everyone. if the other idea is correct, then following this new idea will also be terrible. oh noooo

Years
I don't know which idea to follow. If I post next, what should I post? I can post 7 if we're going with Christos' idea.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
You should go with 7, it's fine with both mine and Anna's ideas and it should get you 3 points.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Yeah, we're in a bit of a pickle here. On one hand, it's not stated anywhere that you can't repeat numbers, so if the idea that the second numbers all represent points is true, then we could just all say the same number and get 3 points.

On the other hand, since we have to post "correctly", and that not following the conditions will get you eliminated, it'd seem weird if there wasn't a specific number you had to say to actually get points. And since it's the same 3 numbers that go again all the way down the list, it'd make sense not to include that numbers can't be repeated. So yeah, I'm leaning more towards that idea.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I think Nakuzami should go for 3 points and then we can resume posting with Anna's order? I think it's safer since if we wait longer then we'll probably run out of 3s.

Olli

Years
We're not certain whether the numbers represent the amount of points you'll get though.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I think the second number represents the points you'll get by posting that number. Team 1 seems to think that too. If there's a specific order then most of Team 1's getting eliminated. I think we just shouldn't repeat numbers and we have to do it in an order so that all our team members are saved, so the guys needing 3 should post now that there are 3s available, and then we should do 2s and then 1s.

be back later

Wobbu, I think that was the plan, but I'm not sure.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Well I'll be really busy for the next two weeks, so I probably won't be too active here... Can I take the fall for Olli? I mean if the next two weeks are like today (which they probably will) I'll be online for like ten mins total until late at night. I'll probably be eliminated after the next activity challenge, anyways...

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
So I guess the plan is that we post a number and hope that the second number is how many points we get? Let's hope it's not the original idea where being that number poster gets you those points.

If we're going with the first idea, should I post now?

EDIT: I'll go ahead and make my post now. If I had been smart enough to make a blog entry, I'd be good either way! Since I didn't, pray that posting a number means we get the points assigned to it, though I doubt that's the case.

Last edited:

Olli

Years
I'm pretty sure it's too late Wobbu. You can't delete posts and you've already posted, so you can't be the last poster.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I figured out the system.

+antemortem: but 6 out of the 9 that have posted
+antemortem: are gonna be eliminated

These people are safe:
me
wobbu
guildmaster wigglytuff

To clarify, it was because Ante said that 6/9 people who have posted (before Antebellum) were going to be eliminated. I worked out the posts, and the only way this makes sense is if the number you post doesn't matter, and you only get points based on the post order. Everyone else is eliminated because in the post order they don't get enough points.

The order should now be (Leijon and Christos get an extra point, Marisa and Anna just enough to live, and Olli enough to be eliminated :c)

Marisa (who will have three), then Anna (three), then Leijon (four), Christos (eight) then Olli (eliminated).

Nakazumi, Team Fail, Kyora, acattfrommars, Syncronrousouses and Troye will be eliminated. Good thing is the other team have gotten it wrong, and we know now. Woo. Anyways, so, that's why we could edit our number. All we had to do was post a number, we can edit it as much as possible, but we can't erase the post order, because that sets our points in stone. Damn that was obvious from the start, too bad we didn't guess it then :(

Also important: Don't tell Ludicolo's, we want as many of them eliminated, and if they follow this most of them will be gone.

Oh, and continue to post numbers that seem like they have a lot of points. Confuse the Ludicolo's by stealing the remaining three's so they think they're losing people so that their people won't post, thinking they'll be eliminated anyway. POST ALL THE NUMBERS THAT HAVE 2 AND 3 NEXT TO THEM GOGOGO.

Last edited:

Olli

Years
Seems that you're right, but I'm just wondering if he counts Troye as eliminated, even though he has an invincibility token.

I'm thinking the post order should be something like this from here on.

11. Christos/Marisa
12. L
13. Anna/Leijon
14. L
15. Anna/Leijon
16. L
17. Christos/Marisa
18. L
19. Olli

Since it's probably safest to go with Nica's idea, Marisa and Christos should both take the 1-pointers, since they're safe as long as they post.

Either Anna or Leijon should take the 2 or 3-pointers since they both need 2 points to make it through the challenge. It doesn't really matter which one of the two gets which, as long as they're the ones to get them

The last one won't really matter since the person will get eliminated anyways.

Looking over the points list, it's made so that everyone but one can survive, so it definitely seems as though this would be right. Though everyone should still post a number corresponding to either of our two other ideas, just to be on the safe side.

The only thing we have to fight with from here is the deadline. In one hour it can happen in any of the 12 following hours, and we also have to rely on the Ludicolos posting.

STOP WITH YOUR NINJA EDITS NICA

Last edited:
Back