• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon Acanthite - RMXP

KARR

Master Nerd
Years
In FRLG they say it's the Seagallop Hi-Speed.

Did I say Olbranch looks very nice and calm? The new stone designs are needed, but how about new flower designs?

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Fangking Omega: Maplegrove or Mapelgrove?
DragRacer277: maple
Fangking Omega: kthx
It is in fact the maple tree, so meh....

And KARR, you don't ask much, do you? =P

No more 42 post count :(

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
Years
Wow, Olbranch Town is incredible! I love it! I can't wait for Tri Tunnel to be completed...it should be great once it's done. It's interesting that this story is based on the Rival's point of view. I also can't wait for the attack acadamy....*cough*...I don't want to blow the surprise with both, but, lets say another idea of mine that I suggested to Fang is an item, and it can help dramatically. *runs*

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
pinefallcity2ot.png

Another pretty new town, houses courtesy of Matt. I think the map designing is improving, what say you?

The item King Shuckleflace speaks of is indeed most excellent, but I'm not saying a thing. It'll be a nice present for those people who like to scour the game, and especially for those who like their attacks.... the same goes for the attack academy, but in a slightly different manner. Little more I'll say.

KARR

Master Nerd
Years
Yes, that map deisgning is improving! Very nice! But on/under the bridge, the 'stumps' holding it up are touching the edge of the little lake, and it doesn't look that good, but that be a mereish detalus.

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2012
Loos great. Im wondering if u have started the cbs becuz that seems to be the hardest problme to most ppl when it comes to makin a pokemon game. Nice remake of cities though, keep everyone infromed, especially on the battle system.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
The map designs are DEFINATELY improving. I may just be being picky, but I think it might look better if that stream starts flowing all the way from the top of the map.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
The only part of the CBS that has been implemented is the feature to show enemy HP and name. Otherwise, it works in exactly the same way as the default and looks absolutely horrible for it. I can hardly call myself a Ruby expert, so building the battle is going to take a while.

my only real conquest in Ruby thus far has been the menu. Few of the options yet work fully though. The location display rocks though x.x

Speaking of the location display, that wasn't a lot of fun. I had to write up a huge fork. It used to display just the map's name, but then you had to consider that not each route and town would be able to go on separate maps (the teleport system we devised and the only one we really could consider had huge lag and was impractical). The fork was hilariously dull to write out, but all I need to do is set a variable to a certain value and the menu happily display's the corresponding name. Awesome, no? Not really...

The current phase is the map making phase. You'll not be seeing too much more than that for a little while I'm afraid (though I'm pleased to say we're well ahead of schedule for the maps, we'd not planned to start Merto until the end of the month). Before you know it, you should be seeing some of the booshank features and in game shots. In the meantime, we're compiling, ripping, drawing and uh... borrowing sprites (from the resource thread in the latter case, for there is an abundance of awesome sprites) and such...

Illusion

RMXP game maker
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2011
Good luck with the cbs! i'm making one and without ruby but i still find it difficult!(i'mgoing to make a cbs in ruby when I put my game in rmxp.)

mattgcn

Fakemon Lurker
Years
Hm..Fangking, ever thought of making this game in PO? It's always good to have lotsa sister games :D

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
What the mushroom is PO? Forgive me for my ignorance.

Demo isn't out yet and isn't set to be out for a little while. I don't do dates. Rushing is not a good thing, especially with a battle system to work out beforehand :(

Again I must pose a question; will anyone with Ruby knowledge (or does anyone know someone with Ruby knowledge) who'd be willing to help out, of give me a theoretical understanding of what I might need to do?

It suddenly hit me that I need to get out some more screenshots. I've got next week off, so expect plenty of information and of course, more maps than you need -_-

I can work very efficiently when I have time away from school :D

Still accepting any good ideas and features that you want to see in this game too... We aim to give the public what they want. Don't say new Pok?mon or I might have to be unfair and send you across the sea on a goat. Or something equally cruel.

KARR

Master Nerd
Years
PO: Pokemon Online. PT is made with it's engine.

Ideas? Well, I would like to see... ///PM///

* Jade *

Banned
Years
  • Age 49
  • Seen Dec 9, 2005
So is CobaltDragon (m)'s Pokemon Cyare.

Anyways, nice maps and stuff.. I got an idea - why dont you add contest halls?

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Because I don't like contest halls X.x
And it'd be a nightmare to set up.

Anyway, KARR pm'd me some wicked ideas, so.... yeah.

Is PO easy to use and play around with the graphics and do customised stuff and so on? If not, I'll stick with what I've got. OMM rhyme

* Jade *

Banned
Years
  • Age 49
  • Seen Dec 9, 2005
Fangking, just go with RMXP - I dont want to see too many promising PO engines :O

mattgcn

Fakemon Lurker
Years
PO isn't done yet though, so until then, stick with this.

The only thing with PO is that there's scripting in most sections. Dunno about maps, NPC's and such. Well, you won't need to script if there's no neweys.

Back