• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
Years
Zel congrats, your the first in this thread to actually leave Johto, (your game wise) and congratulations because if it werent for this hack, I would be bored when my dad would take my internet away! (Not in school at the moment) :P

Anyway, the only good thing thats missing would be the battle frontier from emerald, but even if you wanted that in shiny gold, you could just copy the script from emerald yea?

Again, gratz, this hack is turning out great!

Umm its not as easy as that, Emerald has different game coding and script coding than FireRed. His best bet for a battle frointer like area would be a trainer tower edit with a saving feature in between challenges.

Years
Actually, he wouldn't be able to put in Battle Frontier because it is not in FireRed's assembly.

Anyway, Zel, I respect your decision. If you ever change your mind or need anything, give me a holler.

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
Years
Actually, he wouldn't be able to put in Battle Frontier because it is not in FireRed's assembly.

Anyway, Zel, I respect your decision. If you ever change your mind or need anything, give me a holler.

Thanks for repeating what i just said =/ .

Anyways the graphics fit the hack perfectly

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
zel its great the way shinygold is going as much as i liked to play silver and gold back in the day i did get kinda mad about the icepath i cant wait till you finish icepath it will be great keep up the good work at first i didnt really like hacks but when i played yours i was amazed i just cant wait all and can you give me some tips on how to make trainer cards and diffrent sprites and stuff like that pm ma if you decide to

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2009
as a suggestion u could make it so u can get lucario through an event in the game and after u get all 16 badges u can get the gs ball in the goldenrod pokemon center (like in the jap version of crystal) and for shiny gyrados make a new pokemon with the same learnsets and name and stuff. how do u add more pokemon into the game u ask? simple im not sure if this works on fire red but it works for ruby when using a modify pokemon tool u will find on the list between the johto pokemon and the hoenn pokemon there will be some nameless pokemon or something (missingnos) and then u edit them and u will have new pokemon in the game

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
Wait a sec...

If you are building Johto off of the Sevii islands, does that mean they are actually all linked? By linked, I mean with a walk through walls cheat you could get from an island to Kanto. Because if not, how will you connect Kanto to Johto? Will you have a construct a warp in the river? One of the reasons I despise any types of scripting; they're so confusing...:P (I'm addicted to HTML however, go figure :D ) I wish I could hack easier with a Mac...oh well! Good luck, Zel.

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2012
I love you Zel, and I can't wait for this to be finished. I'm holding off on playing it until it's completely done because I want to fully enjoy it. Anyway, like I said I can't wait 'til it's done. <3 <3 <3

rune the 1st

......................... .....
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2008
I love you Zel, and I can't wait for this to be finished. I'm holding off on playing it until it's completely done because I want to fully enjoy it. Anyway, like I said I can't wait 'til it's done. <3 <3 <3

Ditto i started playing it but i thought it was best to wait until it's finished :)

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
Wait a sec...

If you are building Johto off of the Sevii islands, does that mean they are actually all linked? By linked, I mean with a walk through walls cheat you could get from an island to Kanto. Because if not, how will you connect Kanto to Johto? Will you have a construct a warp in the river? One of the reasons I despise any types of scripting; they're so confusing...:P (I'm addicted to HTML however, go figure :D ) I wish I could hack easier with a Mac...oh well! Good luck, Zel.

No Johto(Sevii Islands) is not linked together in one huge map, plus with the walkthrough cheat, you cant walk out very far in all maps in SG. Zel does things mostly by warp to connect things, even though if he constructs the river to Kanto, he wouldnt need a warp there, and the road for Johto to get to the Indigo Plateau is not in FR(obviously), so he would still have to use the islands to construct Routes 26 and 27 to get there, and i guess zel would have to use a warp in the League Reception Gate, to get in Kanto and Mt.Silver, plus warps for the S.S. Aqua, and warps for the Magnet Train. Thats all the warps i think zel would use in SG to get to Kanto.

Now if this was for the flying aspect to fly anywhere in Kanto while there, then i think that cant be helped even though by then, we would be in Kanto(from what the guy said offshore), but still on the islands:laugh:

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2007
Uhh...Lousy Chinese.

I title it like that because I came across this game in the form of a cart.

Last night, I ran into this kid whom I have not seen since he was crawling. He moved away to China, and now hes' back, and totally Pokenuts.
He had a gray cartridge labeled 'Pokemon SHINY GOLD'. The first thought in my head was, "Oh gosh, this kid was ripped off", but then I remembered, "Oh yeah, China doesn't give a $h17 about piracy, and will make money wherever they can." I asked him, he said, "Yeah, I bought it in China."
So, I've run into this kind of thing before. I tried to buy Emerald off this guy on eBay, but it was based in China. What I got was this hacked cart with all the Japanese text taken out, and broken English tossed in. What's more, the pokemon weren't even named. THey were all something general, like my Torchic was known (in the game) as Red1. I was like WTF? Anyway, I digress.

So I was worried about this kid's game, so I looked on the Interweb, and I find YOU guys. I just wanna say, Great Job, Zel, but I want to alert you to the fact that there are people playing this game on carts that they bought. I dunno if you wanna look into the matter, but people are making money off YOUR creation. As I understand it, the kid doesn't even have a complete game, you've only got it up to Ice Path! I don't even know how long ago he bought it, he probably has a much earlier version!
When I met him, he was complaining about how things didn't work the way they should, and I told him, "It's not a real Pokemon game", and I pulled out my copies of Ruby and FireRed and showed him, "Nintendo only releases Pokemon games like these, in colored carts." How am I supposed to make a seven-year-old understand?? He showed me tonight how he couldn't talk to his rival at some part of the game, how it just started buzzing, and it crashed.

Anyway, there's some lousy rice-eating ch1nk making money off something you made. You might want to look into that.

I'm going to try the game tonight, I'm looking forward to it. Hope it works.

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2013
Great game, I'm really enjoying it. I was wondering why the X-Version was hard >.< Until I read your guide. It's a really great hack. Anyways, I just have one question.

Is it possible to obtain Espeon/Umbreon?

Keep up the great work~

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009

Last night, I ran into this kid whom I have not seen since he was crawling. He moved away to China, and now hes' back, and totally Pokenuts.
He had a gray cartridge labeled 'Pokemon SHINY GOLD'. The first thought in my head was, "Oh gosh, this kid was ripped off", but then I remembered, "Oh yeah, China doesn't give a $h17 about piracy, and will make money wherever they can." I asked him, he said, "Yeah, I bought it in China."
So, I've run into this kind of thing before. I tried to buy Emerald off this guy on eBay, but it was based in China. What I got was this hacked cart with all the Japanese text taken out, and broken English tossed in. What's more, the pokemon weren't even named. THey were all something general, like my Torchic was known (in the game) as Red1. I was like WTF? Anyway, I digress.

So I was worried about this kid's game, so I looked on the Interweb, and I find YOU guys. I just wanna say, Great Job, Zel, but I want to alert you to the fact that there are people playing this game on carts that they bought. I dunno if you wanna look into the matter, but people are making money off YOUR creation. As I understand it, the kid doesn't even have a complete game, you've only got it up to Ice Path! I don't even know how long ago he bought it, he probably has a much earlier version!
When I met him, he was complaining about how things didn't work the way they should, and I told him, "It's not a real Pokemon game", and I pulled out my copies of Ruby and FireRed and showed him, "Nintendo only releases Pokemon games like these, in colored carts." How am I supposed to make a seven-year-old understand?? He showed me tonight how he couldn't talk to his rival at some part of the game, how it just started buzzing, and it crashed.

Anyway, there's some lousy rice-eating ch1nk making money off something you made. You might want to look into that.

We're all aware of this sort of situation, but it's their problem is they get into any sort of trouble. ;)

Is it possible to obtain Espeon/Umbreon?

Keep up the great work~

Yes, but I can't give away now, can I? *use certain item on Eevee*

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2013
Thanks Son Goku-man. I didn't need to know how, I just wanted to make sure you could. Or else it would be a waste of time trying to find out if it didn't exist.

XD

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008

Yeah, thats why if you have your seven year old notice the intro in the begginning, without going to the menu, its clearly saids "SAY NO TO PIRATES!" thats extra proof to show him, Yeah zel knows his game is being pirated, even off of ebay, those dam pirates.:pirate: But thats why its getting even more popular, even as of Today.

Its seems that whatever he got was the 3 beta version, which had a lot of glitches found in it, which zel later released the 3.5 beta that cleared most them especially the glitch with the Rival in the burnt tower but only goes up to ICE PATH

This hack is supposed to Free, so he get ripped no matter what the cost was. Enjoy the hack though.

@Goku Goku: you beat me, hahaha *paps on his back*

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2007
K, thanks

Ok. I didn't notice the "Say no to pirates!" thing.

I was able to battle him tonight with FireRed. I crushed him. Woohoo, I beat a 7-year-old. I just wish FireRed had the support to show his sprite the way its supposed to appear, like in SG. I was able to trade with him, too. I got a Quilava, bred it with a Ditto, and got a Cyndaquil egg out of it. So once it's finished, I'm definitely going to buy my own flash cart and carry this game around. I never played GSC back in the day, and now that I'm hooked on the newer graphics, I couldn't possibly play those games. I'm glad Zel took it upon himself to make something like this. I just don't want to have to troll around in Emerald and Ruby and FR to find all the Johto Pokemon. I wanna be able to do it IN Johto, y'know? I obviously missed out. Once it's finished, though. I can't wait.

Kanto should be a breeze, right? All you really have to do is change dialogue and trainer's lineups, and a few remaps, right? The entire area is already put together, so it should only be little while before the complete beta is released? I can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back