• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Oh man Slender, that thing looks so beast already. As soon as you have it fledged out more, post it. I really want to see how that thing develops.

HEY SUNNY GET OVER HERE :D

GhostEevee_edited-1_zps93baf75b.png

Okay, so let me break it down for you. Fundamentally, it's the same, but I made a few small aesthetic changes that I think you'll like. First I changed the general flow of the lighting from the tail, just to give the piece a bit more direction. Second, because of the change in lighting, I changed the shading to reflect that. Third, I've made the highlights yellow. Fourth, floofed up the neck fluff, for fun! n_n; Fifth, I gave some direction to the ear fluff to match the lighting on the tail. Sixth, I didn't change the face-- it's just unfinished.

I know it sounds like a lot but, really, the changes accumulate to like 8 pixels. Anyway, I hope you like it! I gotta be honest, it's one of my favorites so far.

:O
WHY WOULDN'T I LIKE THAT!

It looks great Alexial!
The changes were much needed! In fact, I kinda like your version than mine :D
That light-wisp was pretty cool too.
And I'm cool with anyone altering what I did, because it's not really a Community Project if no one's allowed to express their opinions! :D

@Beefy
We've already got a candy-mon, so might as well have a Taco as well!

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Haha I was just messing around with the Taco stuff, if I had a personalized pokemon it would probably be a sports based pokemon. I might actually make something like that.

Alexial@ Im gonna learn to create sprites to help out, I think that all of our fakemon should be colored and turned into sprites to make the Pokedex look complete.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Haha I was just messing around with the Taco stuff, if I had a personalized pokemon it would probably be a sports based pokemon. I might actually make something like that.

Alexial@ Im gonna learn to create sprites to help out, I think that all of our fakemon should be colored and turned into sprites to make the Pokedex look complete.

Do it. I think we should all have at least one Fakemon that's emblematic of ourselves. I mean, it's our pokedex after all!

And funny you should mention that...

legendary_seadragon_edited-1_zps395b7133.png

It's by no means finished and still needs a heck of a lot of polishing.. but I wanted to show you asap! n_n;

I'm having a hard time negotiating all of the different shades of grey. I mean, there's not too many shades in your original drawing; but normally I outline in a darker color / shade in a darker color / highlight in a lighter color (as expected) and it seems that one of those three always ends up being indistinguishable from the adjacent shade. That's not to say it's a bad thing, but I definitely had to get creative when it came to the base colors and base outline. Which, honestly, is a good thing! I really got to push myself with this one.

I highly recommend anyone who hasn't dabbled in pixel art to do it over the course of this project because it's seriously fun. There's some really great tutorials over in Pixel Art too [check it out!]. Anyone who does want to start spriting, I will gladly help out (to the best of my ability) along the way. :) But I agree, I do think it will be fundamental at some point to have the better half of our designs sprited and far be it for me to take on that task alone. x_x;

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
And funny you should mention that...

legendary_seadragon_edited-1_zps395b7133.png

It's by no means finished and still needs a heck of a lot of polishing.. but I wanted to show you asap! n_n;

I'm having a hard time negotiating all of the different shades of grey. I mean, there's not too many shades in your original drawing; but normally I outline in a darker color / shade in a darker color / highlight in a lighter color (as expected) and it seems that one of those three always ends up being indistinguishable from the adjacent shade. That's not to say it's a bad thing, but I definitely had to get creative when it came to the base colors and base outline. Which, honestly, is a good thing! I really got to push myself with this one.

Pfft, Alexial, where's the navy blue? I think you may have missed BeefTaco's second post with an updated sketch. d:

Sure thing Namuzami, I'll try a different body color. I was going to use navy blue but it resembled Dialga to much, I'll give it a try anyway. Also while I was looking throught some of the posts in this thread someone mentioned Titans and that gave me an idea for a way I can do 3 Legendary without interfering with the already existing Primary Legendaries, I'll make this 3 different Legenderaies based on Titans this one will be based on Oceanus, one on Cronos and the last one on Typhoon.

EDIT: So I change the body colors like Nakuzami requested, its not as similar to Dialga as I thought so Im choosing this color

Spoiler:

Ill be starting work on the other titans. Also I think it would be awesome if somebody did a a Region map, I pick Alexial since hes the best artist here.

Just a simple color change, so I don't think it's an issue to fix, lol.
(Other than that, great sprites!)

I'm just plain bad at the pixel art, lol. I could check out that tutorial and see if it helps at all. I have checked it out before, but I didn't go very far into it.

@Slendy - Seems to be coming along nicely! Can't wait to see how it turns out~ c;

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I never saw anything about navy blue? :O Well regardless I'll recolor the dark grey to blue.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
@_@ it's so beautiful Alexial! and thanks for agreeing changing the colors you're a real pal.

Man I just can't believe how good it looks, I kinda wanna make the other legendaries already.

EDIT:

My first sprite attempt, not as good as Alexial but I think it looks ok

9levky.gif

Last edited:

-Oops

um no
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
As Sunfished suggested, I have decided to join you guys, perhaps? I'll go right ahead and do some sketches because I'm dead bored, If that's okay?

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Welcome to our lair, -Oops!

Throw whatever you want at us, we'd love to see what you have in mind for fakes!

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Welcome Oops I'm eager to see your designs

@Jetstream any time :)

Ok so I finished Grekko's fighting type counterpart its called Thorn, some things are kinda sloppy but I still hope you guys like it

Spoiler:

-Oops

um no
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
Well here's a design for a Grass-Flying type Pokemon. I don't really know how this relates to Greek Mythology.
EDIT Done. I can't shade but oh well.
417Ccuo.jpg

Name : ???
Type : Grass/Flying
Classification : The flower bird Pokemon

Last edited:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Welcome, Oops. [:

Another WIP of the Fakemon I've been drawing.
480223_609173012441209_48241462_n.jpg

(Sorry, something messed up and turned it sideways and I'm too lazy to fix it.)

The funky looking tentacles are intentional; same with the hands. Each hand kind of does its own thing, unless the creature is trying to use them.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Oops@ Thats pretty cool, got name for it? Also its okay if its not related to Greek mythology, not all pokemon have to follow that theme

Slender@ Don't you think its a little to scary for a pokemon, don't get me wrong design wise this it the best you made imo, it would fit perfectly for something like a Persona game but I don't know it just feels too scary for Pokemon. Just a suggestion but maybe keep the design the same but tone down some scary features.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hey Oops! Glad you made your way over to our little project! n_n; Your fakemons don't need to be Greek mythology related at all! That's just the "reoccurring theme" not a mandatory element to every fakemon. But hey, we're just happy to have more participants! If you can give us a name for your Grass-Bird, that would be wonderful.

@ Slender : I am inclined to agree with Beefy.. but I can't pinpoint any particular feature that makes me think "oh that's too much", you know? I think something that's lending to it's "creepiness" is the style it's drawn, not necessarily the design itself. Once it's on clean paper and done digitally, I'm sure it'll have a completely different feel. So I say keep going and see where it takes you. Besides, it's not like Drapion isn't scary as hell to some people, you know?

@ Beefy : I'm still working on your Sea Dragon. .__.; I haven't been feeling very well today, so I've been rather slow. Regardless, I love the counterpart to Grekko. They're totally the Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee, Thro/Sawk of our dex. <3

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Don't worry about it Alexial take your time, I haven't been feeling 100% today either, still im gonna start to do the Fighting type Eveelution.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
I'VE FINALLY DECIDED TO MAKE MY PERSONAL POKEMON A CYBER DRAGON AS IT REFLECTS ME BEST BECAUSE OF THE MECHANICAL SIDE OF MY USERNAME AND THE FACT THAT IT IS MY FAVORITE CARD IN YUGIOH!!

-Oops

um no
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
Thanks for your comments guys. I'm really bad with naming things so if anyone else would want to name it maybe?
Also, I personally think it's slightly too colourful, don't you think? Eh. And do you guys think it should have a pre-evolution or something Idk.

Note to self : Don't shade your drawings because your shading sucks. :)

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I was honestly aiming to give it a creepy effect. [: I don't know if we should even use it, though...it doesn't seem much like a Pokemon to me. Or at all, for that matter. It just looks like something that would kill you in your sleep.

Haha, looks like everyone is getting sick. Hope you guys get better. x;
Now then. It's almost 1pm here and I haven't eaten yet, so I probably should stop lurking. I'll try to get back here later with a drawing of that Fighting-type.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Jetstream@ One of my fav cards as well when I used to play, good luck with your design

Oops@ What kinda bird are you going with this design, parrot, eagle, falcon? if you would tell me Ill help you come up with a name. Also a pre-evolution sound great, the more the merrier right?

Slender@ You don't have to drop it, maybe you can finish it post it and we can help you tweak it a bit. :)

Well I'm done with my Fighting type Eveelution, it took me some time to figure something out but I eventually got there

Spoiler:

Last edited:

-Oops

um no
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
@ BeefTaco
I haven't really though what kinda bird is that. I think it looks more like a Falcon though? And alright, I'll go ahead and sketch out a pre-evo or something.

Back