• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Namco ★ Club~

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I know, me too. :) I don't even buy anime normally but I'd love to support this stuff, whether I've seen it already or not. ♥

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
I haven't played Abyss, so the anime would be nice to own. xDD;;
I haven't played Vesperia either, but it's Tales. So yeah, I'm getting it. xDD;
It's kinda surprising how they're deciding to translate these, while Capcom isn't translating AAI2.

LUKE VON FABRE TO THE RESCUE.

Cherrim

Years
:P Well Namco Bandai is the Tales company and I believe it's Bandai that's localizing the anime so at least this makes sense. Though I think Funi has Vesperia's contract.

Oh well! I hope they get dubs (with the same VAs as in the games). n_n;

Cherrim

Years
D: I'll be sad if that happens. Though to be fair with Abyss I'm used to their Japanese voices almost as much as in English... and I haven't played Vesperia enough to tell, but yeah. I'm hoping for original dub voices or it won't be the same. At the very least, I sure hope Jade doesn't change. 8D

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
I haven't heard any of the english Abyss voices yet. I'm just following the anime in Japanese, at the moment.
But yeah, if they do use different voices, they better be as good, or better. :V

It's funny, the other week, I was saying how much TotA would fit on a network like Cartoon Network or Disney XD. They might actually do that. xDD;;

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
Even tho, I never played a Tales of games before.
But I just said "Screw it" and I importing Graces F. ToGF will be my first Tales of Games.
I know it's coming in English, but alot of my friends says that Namco makes the english tales of games real easy, in Japanese it's harder. Which I can't wait, It could be here tomorrow :D I also do plan to one day get ToV (Ps3 version), ToPNX, ToS (and other Tales of Games Idk and seem interested in). :3

Cherrim

Years
I think the only difference between the games is that sometimes the HP is scaled down for some bosses in English which is fine because I don't think massive amounts of HP make for harder bosses anyway.

...otherwise, it's the other way around and they add HP for the English releases. I forget! (I think they nerfed mania mode in one English release though--might've been Abyss.) Regardless, I'm pretty sure you'd only notice the difference if you start out on the hardest difficulties which... isn't actually that fun on a first playthrough. XD;

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
D: I'll be sad if that happens. Though to be fair with Abyss I'm used to their Japanese voices almost as much as in English... and I haven't played Vesperia enough to tell, but yeah. I'm hoping for original dub voices or it won't be the same. At the very least, I sure hope Jade doesn't change. 8D
I'm not sure if anything has changed since I heard about this, but I heard that they might just keep the voices japanese and sub it, like they did with Symphonia (because yes they did bring Symphonia over to America, unless my DVD with subs is a lie. :[ )

Again, it might have changed since I heard this. I don't mind either way. xD;

ソラ

Years
I think the only difference between the games is that sometimes the HP is scaled down for some bosses in English which is fine because I don't think massive amounts of HP make for harder bosses anyway.

...otherwise, it's the other way around and they add HP for the English releases. I forget! (I think they nerfed mania mode in one English release though--might've been Abyss.) Regardless, I'm pretty sure you'd only notice the difference if you start out on the hardest difficulties which... isn't actually that fun on a first playthrough. XD;
Well I got 2 friends who play both the english and Japanese Tales games. They just tell me its easier. But I don't know, thats what I heard.

Anyways. I got my Tales of Graces F this morning :D, Reversible art :D I picked the reversible art I like it more better, but I like the original too. :D

Cherrim

Years
:< Tales of the Abyss was confirmed for subs only. Makes me sad because I prefer the dub voices a lot more over the Japanese, but oh well.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
Subs only? D:
That sucks. Ah well. I'm just glad they're coming out, at least. Hopefully they'll be released in Australia. But since they're subbed only, that lowers the chance. Well, eBay to the rescue. xD;

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
E-Bay is what brought my Tales of Symphonia DVD and I together!

I might buy the Tales of the Abyss anime. Considering that I've never actually watched it all the way through, having it in my hands would likely increase the chances of me watching it. Depends on how much the price will be going for each of the DVDs though.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Depending on the price, I might go out and buy the Tales of Abyss myself. [I'm still trying to find Soul Eater. >.<;]

Mmm, well, I'm also kind of disapointed that its only subs, considering that I do like their dubbed voices!

ソラ

Years
I've been watching TotA anime. Good story I got to say im addicted to it :o I want to get the game. If i cant find the PS2 version. I might have to get the 3DS version.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
Years
That Tales of the Abyss 3D is so mine. I would've bought the anime too if it was dubbed, but alas.

Cherrim

Years
I'll probably still buy a few volumes of the anime, just to support it, but I am still disappointed about that lack of dub.

SPEAKING OF LACK OF DUBS I am disappointed that they aren't dubbing the skits for the TotA 3DS release. D: I mean, I guess I'm glad it's getting released here for exposure but baaaaw the only reason I'd play it again anytime soon is if they'd redo the skits.

ソラ

Years
I officially beat Tales of Graces: F last night I beat the Main story (like a week or two ago) and then the F arc. I really liked it, as my first Tales games.
I plan to get ToV, and TotA(PS2 version), and other ones, once I get the money.
So far ToGF is my favorite PS3 game, I have to give ToV try for sure (:

Back