• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy Fan Club

Nurse Joy

Would you like to rest your Pokémon?
Years
Which game do you like the least/disappointed you the most?

That's a hard one! I'm such a fan of the series, I love all the games.

I guess the games that disappoint me the most are the ones they didn't localize. That makes me sad. The games themselves don't disappoint me, though.

I guess the one I liked the least was III? I'd say V, but I <3 Faris. I also haven't played I or II, so I can't say I hate them XD

III was great, it was just a little boring... mostly because of the battles. The battle system was torture. Turn-based systems are great if you don't have to grind for 5 hours. That's why Pokemon can survive with such a system.

Oh, and XI and XIV also disappoint me. I love XI, but I can't afford the monthly subscription. And XIV is the same, but my computer sucks too much to be able to run it....

Oh, and I don't like how XV is part of Fabula Nova Crystallis. Every game since has been a new experience -- why are they reusing stuff now? Even if I had a PS4 (like that would ever happen) I'm not sure I'd buy it.

Like Hironobu Sakaguchi-sama/sensei says, "Stop rehashing Final Fantasy!"

Yeah. Crisis Core is really hated, and honestly. I think it is one of the best. The only reason people hate it, is, a spoiler. So read it if you want. Be warned, it also has some spoilers regarding FF7.
Spoiler:

THAT. Is why it's normally hated. For that ONE reason. *slow claps*
But really, give it a try if you want! It is a beautiful masterpiece.

Why do people hate the Mona Lisa? I don't know, but they do. They say it's a masterpiece, too. It's a shame, but if it's possible to love something, there will always be people who hate it.... Like cute kitten videos on YouTube!! D'X

I love Crisis Core! I always wanted to play it, ever since I first heard of it (mostly because I used to think it was one of the "three discs of FFVII"..... What a noob! XD) I totally ruined FFVII for myself, but oh well! I'm too curious for my own good XD

It kinda sorta doesn't make sense, but... well, only read this spoiler if you want to be spoiled for FFVII & Crisis Core!!!:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Yeah. Crisis Core is really hated, and honestly. I think it is one of the best. The only reason people hate it, is, a spoiler. So read it if you want. Be warned, it also has some spoilers regarding FF7.
Spoiler:

So, the game basically got negative responses simply because of the story? >>;; For people who depend on the story as the main element that attracts them to games then perhaps the reason is justified, but otherwise, everything else in the game, in my opinion, outweighs that slight mix-up \:

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
I'll have to take a look and see Crisis Core for myself. I've never played it due to it being on... the PSP. But I have one now, so I'll get it eventually, I'm sure.

I guess the games that disappoint me the most are the ones they didn't localize. That makes me sad. The games themselves don't disappoint me, though.

Oh, and I don't like how XV is part of Fabula Nova Crystallis. Every game since has been a new experience -- why are they reusing stuff now? Even if I had a PS4 (like that would ever happen) I'm not sure I'd buy it.

One HUGE agreement with all of this though! I want everything to be localized and then they don't do it... sad face. Just depriving the opportunity for something to become mega awesome in another country, maybe even more popular than Japan. What have they to lose? I suppose loads of money if it doesn't sell... but still.

And I dislike that as well. Quite a bit because it's making me really paranoid that the story will be as atrocious as LR/XIII-2 was to me. I'd rather they just throw that Fabula Nova Crystallis out the window already; they've milked it dry and I want a completely new thing that has nothing to do with what XIII became later on. Even if I DID like it, I'd still want a completely new everything because that's what each numbered FF does. I like new things.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 23
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Spoiler:

I tried to resist but ended up opening the spoiler and turns out wasnt so bad thank god.
Spoiler:

I can understand this, really. It might be because...

Spoiler:

Well, it's called a game's difficulty and how long it takes so there's not any reason not to play it unless you did for 24 hours. Also strange, I-
Whoops no spoils.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
And I dislike that as well. Quite a bit because it's making me really paranoid that the story will be as atrocious as LR/XIII-2 was to me. I'd rather they just throw that Fabula Nova Crystallis out the window already; they've milked it dry and I want a completely new thing that has nothing to do with what XIII became later on. Even if I DID like it, I'd still want a completely new everything because that's what each numbered FF does. I like new things.

Which game do you like the least/disappointed you the most?

The whole reason that XV is still with Fabula Nova Crystallis is because up until a little while it was in production under the name Final Fantasy XIII Versus. Final Fantasy. XIII. Versus. They had planned to make yet another installment on the Final Fantasy XIII games. Really the only thing we can expect to be taken from the XIII series is the mythology and maybe the summons will be the same. But really from what's been shown there's nothing that we can link with the XIII series. So I'm not too worried about it. They're trying to eventually release an official timeline of the FF series since a lot of other massive game series have been releasing official timelimes. Just a theory, but I really think that's the reason they made the multiple XIII games with the time traveling and all that other stuff that happens in the games.

Years
The only thing that I hope that links the XIII trilogy to XV would be the concept revolving around crystals, but then again, that's a frequent element used in the majority of Final Fantasy games regardless. Either that, or XV should have little to nothing to do with Lightning >>;; No offense, but I'm ready for an entirely new cast of characters, which means pretty boys! :D I wonder if the NA localization will have the option for Japanese audio because one of my favourite voice actors is slated to be included c:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Time for a new topic.

Have you ever heard or seen a Distant Worlds concert? Or any Final Fantasy Dubstep?

If you don't know what Distant Worlds is, it's basically just an orchestral playing of a selection of Final Fantasy songs.

I tried to find one of the concerts that was recorded with video as well as audio because it's really awesome, but I couldn't find any because my computer is poop.

Last edited:
Years
Never heard of Distant Worlds before now. Sounds awesome, though. The Final Fantasy series has amazing music, so it's really cool to hear the songs orchestrated.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I really want to see a Distant Worlds concert.... Nobuo Uematsu is my hero <333333

But I've never been able to.

I've never heard of any FF dubstep... O.o

There's actually quite a few good FF dubstep remixes. This is one of the more known ones.

タイラー

Stress
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2014
Username: Tyler1616
Topic answer: What was your first Final Fantasy game?, mine was Final fantasy X, and probably my favorite.
Final Fantasy games you've owned: It would probably by easier to name the ones I dont have, but i will try to remeber to the best of my ability: FF 1(PS1), FF2(PS1), FF3(DS), Chrono Trigger(PS1), FF Anthology(PS1), FF Tactics(PS1), FF7 Dirge of Cerberus(PS2) FF8(PS1), FF9(PS1), FFX(PS2), FFX-2(PS2), FFXIII(PS3).
Choose a FF character to represent you (optional): Ramza(FF Tactics)

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
I have heard a bit of Final Fantasy music from The Black Mages and The Earthbound Papa's. As for dubstep...I'm honestly not all that into dubstep. It really gives me a headache. >.> I'm prone to loud noises, so that's probably why though. I never did attend a concert of Distant Worlds / Black Mages / Earthbound Papa's, though. I would love to though if they come to Australia. >=3 No guarantees I can though since I am really the only one in my family who appreciates video game music (no surprise though). I don't expect them to come here any time soon, though.

And while on the topic of music...
O'aka, I recently made a medley for Final Fantasy in general (it's one hour long and covers FF1 - FF15 as well as Crisis Core :3) I want to ask if I can actually embed the video in a post if it's fine with you.

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I have heard a bit of Final Fantasy music from The Black Mages and The Earthbound Papa's. As for dubstep...I'm honestly not all that into dubstep. It really gives me a headache. >.> I'm prone to loud noises, so that's probably why though. I never did attend a concert of Distant Worlds / Black Mages / Earthbound Papa's, though. I would love to though if they come to Australia. >=3 No guarantees I can though since I am really the only one in my family who appreciates video game music (no surprise though). I don't expect them to come here any time soon, though.

And while on the topic of music...
O'aka, I recently made a medley for Final Fantasy in general (it's one hour long and covers FF1 - FF15 as well as Crisis Core :3) I want to ask if I can actually embed the video in a post if it's fine with you.

It's totally fine. Do as you will. I heard a melody of 1-10 that was an hour and a half long that I really liked. And then I listen to the battle medley of 1-13.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
I LOVE Distant Worlds. When I first heard those remakes of the music, it made me have chills inside. I listen to them very often nowadays, due to the fact that they're just so epic and easy to imagine things to. Pretty much, I discovered the concert through Youtube after finding it on the sidebar of suggested things. After listening to the music and finding out it was actually performed somewhere, I figured I'd never get to go. But now that I have a boyfriend who is good at making those sorts of arrangements, will get a job in the future, it seems like I might actually be able to make one one day. It won't be for a long time, but I'm determined to go.

Also, not a fan of dubstep, so I don't listen to FF-based versions of it. It's... really loud and unpleasant to me as UltraNerd has said. Either that, or I find it too funny-sounding to take seriously.

タイラー

Stress
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2014
(Not sure how to whole acceptance into a group works, but I suppose a post cant hurt)

Ive never actually heard of final fantasy dubstep, or distant worlds, although I have gotten away from FF for a while after getting bored with XIII. Even after that, I still enjoy the normal game music, especially the beginning music for Tactics and FFIX

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
(Not sure how to whole acceptance into a group works, but I suppose a post cant hurt)

Ive never actually heard of final fantasy dubstep, or distant worlds, although I have gotten away from FF for a while after getting bored with XIII. Even after that, I still enjoy the normal game music, especially the beginning music for Tactics and FFIX

I was supposed to make a post saying welcome to our club. I thought I did. But I guess I forgot. I've been slacking a lot lately :<

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
And with permission, here's the Medley I made! It covers Final Fantasy - Final Fantasy XV, and by that, I mean every canon game but FF14 as well as two of Crisis Core's OST <3. But warning! -- I show footage from the games, so you could potentially ruin a game for yourself! And yes, it shows the Final Boss of all games up to 13 and the end of Crisis Core (close your eyes at the song "The Price Of Freedom" if you don't want to be spoiled). Here it is!

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
And with permission, here's the Medley I made! It covers Final Fantasy - Final Fantasy XV, and by that, I mean every canon game but FF14 as well as two of Crisis Core's OST <3. But warning! -- I show footage from the games, so you could potentially ruin a game for yourself! And yes, it shows the Final Boss of all games up to 13 and the end of Crisis Core (close your eyes at the song "The Price Of Freedom" if you don't want to be spoiled). Here it is!
Wow! Very good job. It must've taken such a long time to put it together. A lot of good favorites in there and I like how you included from Crisis Core as well. Quite impressive, yes. It's a great video to just sit and listen to and remember all your favorite FF songs. I think my favorite on this is probably the final battle with Seymour theme. It emulates that weirdo techno sound the original had nicely.

Years
I would like to join this club, cause Final Fantasy is amazingly awesome. Much fun shall be had.

Username: Klopp

Topic answer: No, I have never been to a Distant Worlds concert, but I have heard some of their music. It would be pretty awesome to be able to go to such a concert some time in the future, but that will have to wait a while. I'll have to put that in my list of awesome things to do before I die.

Final Fantasy games you've owned: 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10-2, 11, 12, all the 13s, as well as every Kingdom Hearts (Except Re:Coded) And other Square Enix games of awesomeness.

Choose a FF character to represent you (optional): Zidane Tribal. His personality is very similar to mine, plus he looks a lot like me. Square stole my face to use in FF9.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years

I feel like I've seen this video before when I was searching for another FF mix. It's pretty good :)

I would like to join this club, cause Final Fantasy is amazingly awesome. Much fun shall be had.

Username: Klopp

Topic answer: No, I have never been to a Distant Worlds concert, but I have heard some of their music. It would be pretty awesome to be able to go to such a concert some time in the future, but that will have to wait a while. I'll have to put that in my list of awesome things to do before I die.

Final Fantasy games you've owned: 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10-2, 11, 12, all the 13s, as well as every Kingdom Hearts (Except Re:Coded) And other Square Enix games of awesomeness.

Choose a FF character to represent you (optional): Zidane Tribal. His personality is very similar to mine, plus he looks a lot like me. Square stole my face to use in FF9.

Welcome to the club!

Back