• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen obligatory music thread.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
Techno remixes FTW XDDDD

I love all of them!!! Some of them don't even sound like Pokemon songs, they're so epic. Especially Akuroma. He better be pretty interesting to have a theme like that!

Hmm, I wonder if when we battle him at the World Tournament for the first time, if he'll have that theme, or something else.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I love the Kanto and Johto (the Kanto one reminds me of FrLg) remixes (both gym and champs), much better than the HgSs' versions imo. Sinnoh and Hoenn are alright, could use some toning up on the gym aisle ^_^.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Okay so... I've listened to a few aaand...

I only like Aspertia's & Akuroma's so far. :x Ghetsis/Plasma sounded better in B/W, imo, Homika's is... I dislike it, and Elesa's is so much not like Pokemon it's creepy lool. I'm sure I'll warm to all of this, though, I just blame listening to Conquest as the only music at all for over a day lol. :x

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
The title screen music sounds so good... A bit too good. Streamed, perhaps? It did give me the chills when I listened to it with my headphones. (The track does not show up when you try to extract the track using a SSEQ extraction tool or player.)

Also loving Aspertia and Hue (both themes) xD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
The title screen music sounds so good... A bit too good. Streamed, perhaps? It did give me the chills when I listened to it with my headphones. (The track does not show up when you try to extract the track using a SSEQ extraction tool or player.)

Also loving Aspertia and Hue (both themes) xD

Ooh this sounds like a certain remix.

p amazing really. If only the rest of the music was along these lines!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Omg. I love Shizui's Gym theme. It's so awesome! So relaxing, too. Fits vey nicely in his gym.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I love Iris' battle music, it fits perfectly with her battle background and room. I haven't really listened to much of the music yet though, I love the Hoenn Trainer battle music, and the Hoenn Champion music. :P

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Just listened to Elesa's music. The intro sounds like music from a certain type of film genre.....the "give me what I neeeeeeeeeddd" part doesn't help either.

The rest just sounds a bit weird. The inclusion of vocals is particularly out of character for a Pokemon game. I will admit that some of it is quite catchy though.

Edit: Just realised that all of the gym leaders have their own personalised music. I love Shizui's version of the theme. Is it just me or does the rival theme sound like something out of Pokemon TCG for the Game Boy?

Also, I just stumbled across this:

Spoiler:

I nostalgia'd hard.

Last edited:

droomph

weeb
Years
Um...I don't think I can find any songs, but...

I love all of the Pokémon songs. I'll love all of them. Which one's my favorite? That's the thrill of the listening!

I assume it's gonna be one of the legendary ones, since I've always loved their mysterious yet bluntly obvious and badass style and melody to them. Eg Regis and Uxie, Mespirit, and Azelf's theme. I doubt that Kyurem's (both formes, I hope) will be any different...unless Game Freak slacks off, which they sure haven't done with this game, it seems!!

Also can we please have some links? That'd be nice imo since i dunno where you're getting all your music.

And XanderO I hope this post is okay with you because I honestly can't be bothered to search on Youtube for an hour to find 33 secs of a song.
Ascaaai

I was right about all these songs, but the only problem is that it sounds like someone found out about the stereo option. Just too much back-and-forth between left and right. It's not a problem for those who just listen from five inches away, but I have a tendency to put on earphones every damn time I need to listen to music. It hurts, Game Freak. Do something about it.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Ascaaai

I was right about all these songs, but the only problem is that it sounds like someone found out about the stereo option. Just too much back-and-forth between left and right. It's not a problem for those who just listen from five inches away, but I have a tendency to put on earphones every damn time I need to listen to music. It hurts, Game Freak. Do something about it.
I was under the impression that the music has been in stereo since the beginning of Gen IV. I know that HGSS and BW were most definitely in stereo.

But I know what you mean about certain passages of instrumentation sliding from one ear to the other. However, the actual games will provide much better audio quality than the tracks that have been ripped and uploaded to youtube. Usually music uploaded onto youtube is over-compressed.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
^ That gives me hope that the Hoenn and Sinnoh gym themes will sound more true to the original.
I also thought they were in stereo since way back...

tootlerocks

Epic Trainer
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2012
I've been looking forward to this soundtrack for ages and I must say I'm very impressed. Ghetsis' battle theme in particular is much improved from BW imo. I think in BW it just seemed sort of without direction at times, just long bits with timpanis and not much else. Don't get me wrong, the BW one does still sound pretty cool, ominous and suspenseful sort of thing, but at times a bit... empty, if you know what I mean.
In BW2 though, it has more of an urgent, desperate feel, and actually sounds more like there's a tune behind it. That's the sort of thing I tend to like in battle themes, though I'm probably more accustomed to Gen III themes than normal...
But on a more positive note, Game Freak WAY outdid themselves in the World Tournie battle themes... ah nostalgia. And Achroma's battle theme sounds pretty cool too.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
Elesa's theme is just....? How is this Pokemon? I don't get it....it sounds bizarrely like Lady Gaga....? Where is Game Freak going? But it's cool. It's certainly unique! ;D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Elesa's theme is just....? How is this Pokemon? I don't get it....it sounds bizarrely like Lady Gaga....? Where is Game Freak going? But it's cool. It's certainly unique! ;D
How isn't it Pokemon? I think it's amazing and very fitting to her character! Though I don't really hear the similarities between it and Lady Gaga...

Naturally, I prefer Skyla's gym theme. I saw a comment on Youtube saying that it sounds like Legend of Zelda, and I can totally hear it. These gym themes are a pleasant surprise for me and add so much more to my opinion of the music in this game, which was already pretty high!

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
Years
aksl;hgisfesgjfwo;ieath LIJSLKFHDSIGJWEOFJSDKFEWOIRJFJMHFKWEOIJRHF:K jfsdlakfjdasklghdsk;alfjsdklfjsdl -dead-

Omg. All the music. I can't even. It's my childhood in song form~

Hoenn's Champion/Gym Leader music is sure changed from R/S/E. It's more in style with B/W now, though, so I can't really complain about it. Kanto Gym Leader Theme = LOVE. Johto Gym Leader Theme = LOVE. Johto Champion/Red Theme = LOVE. btw, is it true that Red is going to be in the World Tournament? This seems a little far-fetched.

@Pokemon w/lyrics: You know, the Village Bridge had music with vocals. And it was fantastic, so I guess they thought they'd try it with some other songs.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
^ To the above: It is true, Red has been confirmed to be making an appearance in the Pokemon World Tournament.

Speaking of Gym themes, Burgh's gym theme is really calming and relaxing. It really sets a mood in the gym.
Yeah, I found Burgh's gym theme to be calming too. It sounds almost psychedelic in nature (probably a reference to his love for art).

Back