• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Did you find your Monkey useful?

Was your monkey useful

• Yes

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • No

Votes: 48 68.6%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I intended on using mine (Panpour) on my main team, and I wasn't going to evolve it until it learned Crunch. But then I got a bit bored trying to train it until then, and ended up finding and using Pokémon that were better for my team. So, I just evolved it and boxed it, occasionally I'd take it out for Surf/Dive/Waterfall.

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
I haven't even picked up my Pansear from the Dreamyard yet I was going to use it but kinda forgot to collect it.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Nope. I didn't know the first time I played White and tried using Pansear, but very quickly found it close to useless. BOOM. Boxed.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2015
Kinda. I used it to beat the gym leader, then evolved it. I've almost forgotten about him now! (I think it's rigged so you can't beat the leaders no matter what unless you get one monkey. Did I guess correctly?)

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
I picked Oshawott, and I didn't find Pansear useful. I just caught a Darumaka instead.

Years
I found it to be the only useful Water-Type, (Chooses Snivy anyday), because I can't seem to find a good enough water Pokemon, though I do intend to make it become an HM slave like others after this second White 1 Runthrough.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I got Pansear, and it was useful during the battle with Burgh. Then I evolved it to Simisear...then traded it away for a Cottonee, just to complete my Pokedex. xD

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
I chose Panpour last year, and I only used it for the 1st gym. After that I replaced it with Tympole and it's way more useful than just a Panpour.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I pretty much kicked my mokey out fairly quickly. My first play through in pokemon white I had all three starters the whole game. When I played my pokemon Black a few times,I didn't even really need the type I got.

Back