• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The secrets of Hoenn: A sprite Comic

ComoToon

Olympus Gimp
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2009
Wow your comic is becoming popular on PC I think you should start hosting I recommend Drunk Duck as a comic host it's what I use for my comic which I wish you would check out and give me a few pointers. Like how to make your cool night effect *cough* cough*.

xiraiya

Future Sinnoh Champion
Years
Wow your comic is becoming popular on PC I think you should start hosting I recommend Drunk Duck as a comic host it's what I use for my comic which I wish you would check out and give me a few pointers. Like how to make your cool night effect *cough* cough*.

Ah I see, I'll check out Drunk Duck and I'll go read your comic too, haha I might use the new white, I'll do a test in a day or so to see if the DP sprite will be good to use.
I'm proud of the cut scene shot with Steven watching from the distance haha.

I'm looking around for a tutorial section for pixel art, so I can write up a small guide for anyone who wants to mimic my night effect.

I took a good long hard look at how it all looked in the G/S/C games because that style of night seemed the most correct by Nintendo's standards, managed to copy it for the third generation quite well I think.

ComoToon

Olympus Gimp
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2009
Actually Drunk Duck has been rather buggy for me it has a large community (more people to read your comic) that's a plus buts it's full of bugs. I like new White especially his shading better especially the hair.

Last edited:
Years
I have a question. In the second panel of your last comic, is White running away from the Fearow or is White the one that said "A Fearow? Hmm"?

xiraiya

Future Sinnoh Champion
Years
I have a question. In the second panel of your last comic, is White running away from the Fearow or is White the one that said "A Fearow? Hmm"?

Ah, I didn't realize people didn't quite get it, He's the guy in the distance running, It's Steven who's standing close up.

He has grayish hair and the black suit.

xiraiya

Future Sinnoh Champion
Years
Oh, because Steven looks awfully a lot like White in back-sprite form.

Yeah I know haha, White's backsprite is based off Stevens since the hair matches, that and now they have met... the apprentice usually seems similar to their Master... it would be fine during the day because of the color differences etc.

And no... I didn't just drop a future hint about White becoming a trainer and learning from Steven.;)

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
Years
Yeah I know haha, White's backsprite is based off Stevens since the hair matches, that and now they have met... the apprentice usually seems similar to their Master... it would be fine during the day because of the color differences etc.

And no... I didn't just drop a future hint about White becoming a trainer and learning from Steven.;)

hm. The third chapter threw me off a bit.
it went from "Aw crap, I got thrown off my own moving truck" to- "OMFG!!!1 SOMETHING IS CASEING ME! wait, a random guy appears and I forgot all about the thing? ooo.... I better trust him for no apperant reason! =D"
:/

yeah, you totally didn't give a spoiler. XD

xiraiya

Future Sinnoh Champion
Years
hm. The third chapter threw me off a bit.
it went from "Aw crap, I got thrown off my own moving truck" to- "OMFG!!!1 SOMETHING IS CASEING ME! wait, a random guy appears and I forgot all about the thing? ooo.... I better trust him for no apperant reason! =D"
:/

yeah, you totally didn't give a spoiler. XD

Haha, yeah I'll explain how White managed to anger a Fearow and then chased for most of the day.

Sorry I haven't released anything just yet, I've been pretty busy with setting up my new ADSL internet (upgraded from Dial-up) so I'm a little sidetracked for the moment, it's monday for me now so I'll try and get two chapters out this week for you all.

Aero-LyNx

Go team dynamite!
Years
Well, I think I've found solution to writing you own words with pokemon games letters.
1. Download Advance Text(A-Text, you can search for it in ROM-Hacking's toolbox section)
2. Download the Pokemon GBA rom with the letters like you have in your comic(Be sure you have at least Visual Boy Advance(VBA)).
3. Open A-Text, click Open ROM, then choose the ROM.
4. Change the the words.
5. Save it, then with a little(or big) help from MS Paint Choose The word then Drop it into your bubbles
6. Now open VBA, press next until you found your words and voila.
This is the screenshot.
View attachment 41390

P.S: If the A-Text doesn't work PM me I'll help you. And if you need anything PM me okay ;)

xiraiya

Future Sinnoh Champion
Years
Hey sorry I haven't released the next chapter, I've been very busy dealing with the "goings on" in my life so I've been pretty distracted from this, I have some time on the weekend coming up so look out for a new chapter then.

Kenwannabe, thank you so much for that, I'll check it out and see how it goes.

Back