• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Lochen sounds the best out of all of the options, but I honestly think that Eddy or Sean would be better than the options. :3

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
After seeing a few posts, Deltic and Lakie are OUT.
There are only two options left.
Only 46 posts left.

By the way, the male protagonist's name is unknown,
but the female protangonist is known as Susan.

Does anyone has names for the male and female protagonist?

Last edited:
Years
The male hero's name should be Chip and the female's name should be Kate. These are just names I came up with, I'm not sure if it will be chosen. Both are four letter names for a game based on the fourth generation. Also I think we should replace Lunick and Solana with Brendan and May since Pokemon Rangers in the Pokemon Ranger series don't catch Pokemon and they are the heroes besides Hilbert and Hilda that are absent.

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2018
I need help. i passed the team steam thing with the reshiram and zekrom . but theres a person blcking the 8th gym. how do i get rid of him?

Years
  • Seen May 16, 2011
great hacking! i played for a little while and it looks awesome though i dont understand the text. so just a pity that so far there is no english version for the newest v1.1. keep working!

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
The male hero's name should be Chip and the female's name should be Kate. These are just names I came up with, I'm not sure if it will be chosen. Both are four letter names for a game based on the fourth generation. Also I think we should replace Lunick and Solana with Brendan and May since Pokemon Rangers in the Pokemon Ranger series don't catch Pokemon and they are the heroes besides Hilbert and Hilda that are absent.

Actually, Rangers do catch PKMN, but in a different way.
I don't think it is a good idea to replace those two characters.

By the way, the names for the male and female protagonists have to be custom names. Or else, they won't be chosen.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years

Well, those names are good. how about
Akira {Boy}

Nadiya {Girl}

Japanese names? Even better. OK, I'll these instead.
The names Mantis and Rayne will be names for random
trainers instead.

By the way, I'm closing the polls.
The Water type Gym Leader is now Trentan,
which is chosen by winning 4 votes.
The female protagonist is Nadiya,
and the male protagonist is Akira.

Years
Japanese names? Even better. OK, I'll these instead.
The names Mantis and Rayne will be names for random
trainers instead.

By the way, I'm closing the polls.
The Water type Gym Leader is now Trentan,
which is chosen by winning 4 votes.
The female protagonist is Nadiya,
and the male protagonist is Akira.

Well, If you Look at them they are not Japanese. Akira is US but Japanese use most;) but Nadiya is use as Female name in many countries Like US, Bangladesh, India Etc:laugh:.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Okay first I'd like to apologize myself for my inactivity but I just had my reasons.

Translating us not as easy as think:(. it takes lots of time and patience. I too got bored and started to translate it few months ago but then I realize how hard it truly is;).
Just wait a little bit.
It will come soon:).
Thank you, someone finally understood...

It's actually Kahori (かほり). It's a Japanese name.
And Shirl isn't that hard to pronounce.
It's pronounced as: Sh-erl
Sherl sounds like I don't want to say...
What about Shieri?

Im trying to play this on a VBA, I patched it using Lunar IPS with Ruby and it said that it was succesfully patched, once i begin the game the screen turns white am i doing something worng? is there a code?
Download ROM directly from Wes' website.

You shouldn't just add Pokemon unless Wesley told you too and he was doing it himself. Also if you find a bug let the creator fix it since it is theirs and it isn't yours. Also I can't really download the English version yet since my family believes they give viruses even though they don't. >_< But one day I'll play it and see the changes.
You must download it in a way that your family won't see it :P

its awesome but how to download it

how the kelcon moves from the woods
please reply me fast
You're probably playing the old version, it's the end of beta.

weslay you have really done a GREAT JOB!!!!!!!
i would like to ask something.....the story is like the real platinum for ds or its from Weslay's imagination???? if it from his imagination then he is realy BRILLIANT PERSON with GREAT imagination.
It's all original Wes' idea.

I'm talking about changes being made to new PKMN, not Trainers.
The Trainers in the original version are too hard.

Eg. A Gym Trainer in Groment City Gym had Lv. 38 PKMN
while Atlur (The Leader) had Lv. 44 - 46 PKMN.

The Trainers were too weak. So I had to make them stronger.
So now, the Trainers will have Lv. 41 - 42 PKMN in Groment Gym.
The Trainers will be stronger now.

I've changed the music for the Gym Leaders as I've did before in
my translated versions.
Awesome... I'm not here for a month and you started something unnecessary... Did you not get enough complains when we were translating old version?
I know you are doing this to give LP better gameplay but you are changing it too much... I know that I haven't been active so I couldn't stop you but you really shouldn't do those things...
You should've really left this for X version...

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2014
Umbreon

Does anyone know how to get eevee to evolve into umbreon? Is it still happiness at night or do you use a moon stone or something? If its a moonstone, where can you get one?

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Awesome... I'm not here for a month and you started something unnecessary... Did you not get enough complains when we were translating old version?
I know you are doing this to give LP better gameplay but you are changing it too much... I know that I haven't been active so I couldn't stop you but you really shouldn't do those things...
You should've really left this for X version...

Well, I don't see anyone complaining about the level changes
when I posted that post, so I guess it's fine.
When I released the translated Beta 2, I didn't tell
the players that I made the Gym Leaders tougher,
so a lot of them complained the hack being too hard.

However, since I have informed them earlier of this case,
and I see nobody complaining on the new changes,
I'm going with them.

Does anyone know how to get eevee to evolve into umbreon? Is it still happiness at night or do you use a moon stone or something? If its a moonstone, where can you get one?

You use a Moon Stone to evolve Eevee into Umbreon.
But this feature is only in the English version, which is still being worked
on. The Moon Stone, however, in both versions (Portuguese and English) is
in Darkdusk City.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
No one is complaining because no one's played it. I would like to complain about changing protagonist names to something random some guy posted. I'm sure Wesley made the decisions he did for a reason. There's a line between fixing bugs and changing things how you, specifically, want them. It's not your place as what is effectively an editor to make drastic changes. I obviously don't know enough about the source material to judge if you're crossing that line, but it seems like you're at least toeing it. Be aware of it.

Back