• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Kingdom Hearts Challenge

Years
As an avid Kingdom Hearts fan, I accept this challenge.

Game: Emerald
Character: Riku

Update Log
________________________​

- Picked up Mudkip, nicknamed it Gamabunta
- Defeated May's Treecko and obtained the Pokeballs.
- Spent 6 minutes looking for Seedot. Found one. Named it Jiraya.
- Defeated Aqua grunt at Petalburg Woods
- Defeated Roxanne with Marshtomp
- Saved Mr. Briney.
- Arrived at Dewford.
- Picked up Flash and caught Makuhita. Named it Yojimbo.
- Delivered letters to Steven.

I originally got Xemnas but seeing that it is next to impossible to complete Hoenn without Water types, I redid the quiz an got Riku xD.
I'll keep you guys updated as I continue along :P

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
A whole lot has happened:

Muddy went to Swampert
Caught Tranpinch

This is way too much to list now that I think about it. Basically right now I'm currently beating Team Magma and stopping them from stealing the fuel with:

Ace-Swellow
Muddy-Swampert
Chomper-Flygon
Cabbage-Castform

Yep. I got 7/8 badges and beat rival. Now I emerge to the second story and continue to stop Team Magma.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Suggestions for other characters... (might do this in Emerald or Platinum later)

Terra
Types: Ground, Dragon, Rock, Dark, Steel, Ghost, Fighting, Poison, Bug
Exclude: Normal, Fairy, Psychic, Flying
Extra: Every Pokemon must have a Physical STAB for each type it has

Ventus:
Types: Steel, Fairy, Flying, Fire, Grass, Psychic, Electric, Normal
Exclude: Dark, Ghost, Poison, Dragon, Bug, Ice
Extra: Speed is a preferred highest stat

Aqua:
Types: Water, Ice, Fire, Electric, Grass, Fairy, Psychic, Flying, Normal
Exclude: Dragon, Rock, Ground, Poison, Steel, Ghost, Bug, Fighting, Dark
Extra: A Special Stab for each type in team required

I'm surprised you haven't added these yet.
I'll try one of my suggestions out
Game: Black 2
Character: Terra

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 21, 2014
hi nice challenge i love kh :D
Game: White 2
Character: Xemnas

let's see how this'll go

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 13, 2014
I'll do this challenge here's my game and character.
Character: Riku

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
I'm pretty sure I signed up for this, but oh well. I'll sign up again.

Game: Blue
Character: Goofy

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
*looks at Username change thread*
ITS LIKE I FORSAW THIS COMING!

Game:Yin Black
Character:Xemnas

from the looks of it,i'm the first one to get this guy. Pokemon shall be the key to opening Kingdom Hearts!
Spoiler:

Castform got an interesting type change. so it fits the rules! I'll try to post screenies if i can.

Last edited:

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
If the creator of this thread is interested in my Birth By Sleep character ideas, I have a fun extra thing I just came up with:

D-Link! (Optional)

Terra: Regardless of Type restrictions, You may use a new Type from Aqua's Challenge after every time you obtain an odd numbered badge (1, 3, 5 ,7, 9, 11, 13, 15,). Likewise you may do the same from Ventus's Challenge (also regardless of Type restrictions) after obtaining an even numbered badge (2, 4 ,6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16).

Ventus: Regardless of Type restrictions, You may use a new Type from Terra's Challenge after every time you obtain an odd numbered badge (1, 3, 5 ,7, 9, 11, 13, 15,). Likewise you may do the same from Aqua's Challenge (also regardless of Type restrictions) after obtaining an even numbered badge (2, 4 ,6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16).

Aqua: Regardless of Type restrictions, You may use a new Type from Ventus's Challenge after every time you obtain an odd numbered badge (1, 3, 5 ,7, 9, 11, 13, 15,). Likewise you may do the same from Terra's Challenge (also regardless of Type restrictions) after obtaining an even numbered badge (2, 4 ,6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16).

An optional drawback to this is you may "trade" Types for D-Link.

Game: Sapphire
Character: Aqua

Abandoning my Black 2 Terra Challenge.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 3, 2015
This seems like a very interesting challenge, I think I'm going to try it out
Character: Sora

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Hello, all, I'm the new thread owner! And my first order of business was to update the OP, which I've done.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Wow, I thought I did a final update but apparently I didn't. Well, I've already tossed my Pokemon over to my Pokebank and restarted so I can't give stats but I do want to say that I did officially finish this challenge! Final team can be seen in my last post since I never did find a fifth or sixth member haha. If you wish for me to do a final really late official update of sorts I can try but I don't reember how my elite four battles went at all. But the least I can do is go into Pokebank and say my Pokemon's final levels and attacks and such (though I believe for the most part it's all the same except their levels).

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Suggestions for other characters... (might do this in Emerald or Platinum later)

Terra
Types: Ground, Dragon, Rock, Dark, Steel, Ghost, Fighting, Poison, Bug
Exclude: Normal, Fairy, Psychic, Flying
Extra: Every Pokemon must have a Physical STAB for each type it has

Ventus:
Types: Steel, Fairy, Flying, Fire, Grass, Psychic, Electric, Normal
Exclude: Dark, Ghost, Poison, Dragon, Bug, Ice
Extra: Speed is a preferred highest stat

Aqua:
Types: Water, Ice, Fire, Electric, Grass, Fairy, Psychic, Flying, Normal
Exclude: Dragon, Rock, Ground, Poison, Steel, Ghost, Bug, Fighting, Dark
Extra: A Special Stab for each type in team required

Ok, now that I'm the active owner of this challenge, you can finally get a reply.

I actually think these are great ideas, even though I've never heard of them... Be right back! (Googles the characters)

Oh, ok. Yeah, I think these would be really cool characters. A couple suggestions, if you'd like me to add it (I'm going to anyway so do whatever lol). I feel like that list of types is a bit too long for all three, try shortening them to about four or five types and exclusions plz. Also, I'm also going to make that Speed stat a requirement, since it isn't really enforced the way you put it. Um, just repost with my suggestions, and they're as good as added! As soon as I update the OP to today though...

I have another idea... for the extras, how about having them be able to use one of either Sora's, Riku's, or Kairi's types? If I remember correctly from my Google expedition, they were linked somehow to one of them or something, idk. Just an idea, but I think this is what I'm going to do.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 25, 2023
Time for an update​

After choosing Charmander and doing the intro stuff I caught a level 5 Caterpie which I named Milly. I ditched Charmander and trained Milly until she evolved into Butterfree and when she reached level 14 I went after Brock (I also beat my rival when she evolved on Route 22). I then proceeded to Mount Moon. On the way I caught a male Nidoran which I named Luke and who I boxed for later use.

Inside Mount Moon I caught another member of my team, a Geodude named Morris. With Morris and Milly on my team I cleared Mount Moon and reached Cerulean City. I then went to Bill so I could use the Pokémon Day Care. I put Luke there and when he reached level 15 I gave him a rare candy so he could evolve to Nidorino and I immediately used a Moon Stone.

With the new member on my team I went to Diglett's Cave where I caught a Diglett named Jennifer who I immediately replaced with a Dugtrio named Kyle. After battling all the trainers on Route 11 I returned to Cerulean where I got the second badge.

My team:
Luke the Nidoking Level 23
Milly the Butterfree Level 24
Kyle the Dugtrio Level 29
[FONT=&quot]Morris the Geodude 24

P.S. I am impressed by Word which corrected Pokemon to [/FONT]Pokémon.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Time for an update​

After choosing Charmander and doing the intro stuff I caught a level 5 Caterpie which I named Milly. I ditched Charmander and trained Milly until she evolved into Butterfree and when she reached level 14 I went after Brock (I also beat my rival when she evolved on Route 22). I then proceeded to Mount Moon. On the way I caught a male Nidoran which I named Luke and who I boxed for later use.

Inside Mount Moon I caught another member of my team, a Geodude named Morris. With Morris and Milly on my team I cleared Mount Moon and reached Cerulean City. I then went to Bill so I could use the Pokémon Day Care. I put Luke there and when he reached level 15 I gave him a rare candy so he could evolve to Nidorino and I immediately used a Moon Stone.

With the new member on my team I went to Diglett's Cave where I caught a Diglett named Jennifer who I immediately replaced with a Dugtrio named Kyle. After battling all the trainers on Route 11 I returned to Cerulean where I got the second badge.

My team:
Luke the Nidoking Level 23
Milly the Butterfree Level 24
Kyle the Dugtrio Level 29
[FONT=&quot]Morris the Geodude 24

P.S. I am impressed by Word which corrected Pokemon to [/FONT]Pokémon.

Yup, Word does that and I think it's pretty cool too :)

I have a small update; I've started Emerald (BTW I changed to Emerald and LeafGreen) and picked Mudkip. Despite being on the Excluded list for Goofy, Goofy's extra allows me to have a Pokemon of any type, as long as its highest stat is a defensive stat, which Swampert has, so it's allowed! Other than that I've pretty much just beaten May and gotten the Pokedex. More progress soon!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 25, 2023
[FONT=&quot]I decided to do the ultimate challenge as Goofy. The games will be LeafGreen (which is currently in progress), Complex Crystal, Expert Emerald, Flawless Platinum and Volt White.[/FONT]

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 25, 2023
It's time for another update​

After beating Misty I went to S.S. Anne to get Cut. After that, instead of beating Lt. Surge, I went through Diglett's Cave, got Flash and went to Lavender. I did this so I could catch a Magnemite at the earliest point I could. So I went to Celadon, got a Pinsir (I named her Larissa) from the Game Corner after much coin grinding, got the Tea which I gave to the guard and completed the fighting dojo and chose Hitmonchan who I named Nigel (because Hitmonchan's Special Defense is the highest base stat I can use him since my character is Goofy). I also got Morris to evolve into Golem which I had some problems with since it was the first time I used an emulator to trade Pokémon.

I then completed the Rocket Hideout and the Pokémon Tower and obtained the Poke Flute. I fought the two Snorlax, defeated Lt. Surge and went down the Cycling Road to Fuchsia City. I went to the Safari Zone to get the Gold Teeth for the warden and to get Surf. I also taught it to Luke since he could and he has a relatively good Special Attack. With that done and the Strength HM in my possession (which I taught to Larissa) I went after Koga.

With him out of the way I flew to the Pokémon Center above the Power Plant and proceeded to it. There I caught a Magnemite which I immediately ditched after I caught a Magneton which I named Ron, just as I did with Diglett and Dugtrio. After that Zapdos fell to Morris when he used Rock Slide (it was a critical hit), similar to the trainers in Pokémon Tower, I finally beat Erika after this long detour.

My team:
Larissa the Pinsir Level 35
Nigel the Hitmonchan Level 33
Morris the Golem Level 34
Luke the Nidoking Level 37
Kyle the Dugtrio Level 35
[FONT=&quot]Ron the Magneton Level 34[/FONT]

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Alright, minor update to prove that I still am doing this!

Darn it, I was at the Petalburg Forest, but my phone emulator decided to be a derp and put me back where Wally caught his Ralts. I'm just going to say that I have a Mudkip (which is allowed in Goofy because its highest stat is Defense) and a Wurmple, and I'm in the forest.

Back