• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Couple of questions here.

1. I'm hacking Fire Red, and my hack will have a new feature: space! I was wondering if it was possible using hex or ASM (are they the same thing?) to add a new HM, similar to the Dive HM in R/S/E. If not, there's an easier way to implement it, but not as cool. =\I think it's possible, as Fire Red was built on R/S and still has the HM as an item (I think)
2. Cell phone? Any way to put that in Fire Red? I don't need to be able to call anyone, they just have to be able to send you messages.Yeah, you can have that. If it's only for them to send you messages, easy. Just put script tiles and when you step on them get a message. :D
3.Empty tile spaces in the tilesets. Are they necessary? If not, can you edit them to have new tiles?Dpends on where they are. The ones at the very bottom, don't. Any others...well, I use them. :)
4.Does having a bloated ROM(i.e., not deleting old scripts)affect the gameplay at all or is it just good hacking practice to delete them? You don't evn have to delete them :\ Re-using something like the "Brock wants to challenge you" script is lazy, but reusing talking scripts is fine, as long as you text edit them.
5.Can you delete maps in Advance Map or do you have to rename them?
Why do you want to delete them? I'm not sure if there's a way...
6.Where can I find a list of all of the scripts in Kanto that have to do with the Sevii Islands? I need to get rid of them.
Why do you need to get rid of them? You can edit them, or leave them in, they don't take THAT much space.
Answers are in bold. So...yeah.

Hat?

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2008
Here's some questions I've got:
1. Is there a fan-made Silver backsprite anywhere? I really need one...
2. Is there a fan-made Silver picture with his hands in his pockets?
3. How can I repoint the Ho-oh in the titlescreen to a different Pokemon?
Thanks!

I'm not too sure about the Silver pictures and that Ho-oh isn't the one you battle so not without ASM I don't think it's possible, a possibly easier option would be to go to Blazichu's tutorials and download the decompression patch for the title screen.

Years
One question: Do ROM bases for Fire Red in the resources thread work for both v1.0 and 1.1? Cuz I got v1.1 and I tried 3 diffirent ROM bases (on unmodded rom ofc) and neither worked correctly... The partially DP patch from X-buster was the closest one to work, however alot of tiles were still messed up. The other 2 had all their tiles messed up...

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years
Is adding/replacing abilities, item effects or attack effects possible? If so, anyone know where they're located address-wise in FireRed?

That said, I've heard some stuff about VBA and No$GBA being used to calculate ASM routines; any guides on this?

KING KRIS

I AM BACK !
Years
how do you make and put stuff in this
Content hidden:
Click here to view thing edit thanks hiche edit figured it out

Last edited:

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
how do you make and put stuff in this
Content hidden:
Click here to view thing

Write:
[spoiler*]
Text here.
[/spoiler*]

[spoiler*] is to open the spoiler.
[/spoiler*] is to close it.

Of course, remove the star thing(*) from them.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Is adding/replacing abilities, item effects or attack effects possible? If so, anyone know where they're located address-wise in FireRed?

That said, I've heard some stuff about VBA and No$GBA being used to calculate ASM routines; any guides on this?

I can only answer the attack effects you have in your question...
well, why not use A-tack...? It can edit attack names as well as attack effects...

now I have a question, but first of all, hello to everyone. :)
SPINDA has different spots, right? well, how can I disable it's random spotness...?

Thankies in advance~

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016

I can only answer the attack effects you have in your question...
well, why not use A-tack...? It can edit attack names as well as attack effects...

now I have a question, but first of all, hello to everyone. :)
SPINDA has different spots, right? well, how can I disable it's random spotness...?

Thankies in advance~

Changing the colour of the spots in Spinda's pallete to the colour of its skin should in theory "disable" it. Just make sure that that same colour isn't used elsewhere on Spinda.

I don't think it is, all those effects are built-in. I assume you would need knowledge of ASM to make new effects and abilities.

And I have no idea about the ASM routines thing. From my (very thin) scrapes of knowledge about ASM you can change values in the memory. There is a memory viewer in VBA so that must be of some use. Thats just a guess, but yeah.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Tried but didn't work for the palletes are important for I replaced Spinda for another POKéMON... :\

Repeat: Is there a way to disable Spinda's random spots?

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2009
i have a problem with a map i made. i made a map of the inside of a house but it didnt come out exactly right. the map doesnt end on either end, it loops. i suppose i could add enough blank space to shut it out, but id rather not remake the whole map, as i cant add width to the left side.

thanks in advance

edit: to clarify, i made the map to end on either side. it is when i play the ROM that i find the map loops, advance map doesnt show the loop

Years

About adding and replacing, there must be some pointers somewhere. You could look for the pointers to the text and hope there are pointers around that.

And do you mean the debugger?

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
i have a problem with a map i made. i made a map of the inside of a house but it didnt come out exactly right. the map doesnt end on either end, it loops. i suppose i could add enough blank space to shut it out, but id rather not remake the whole map, as i cant add width to the left side.

thanks in advance

edit: to clarify, i made the map to end on either side. it is when i play the ROM that i find the map loops, advance map doesnt show the loop

That sounds like its a connection problem. You seem to be connecting the map to itself. Just go to the connecting manager and delete all the connections, since its indoor it shouldn't need any connections.

Years
Hey, I got a question: Do rombases apply to 1.0 as well as 1.1, or is it diffirent? Cuz I applied a rombase to Fire red (and yes, it was a firered rombase) and all the tiles were completly messed up....

Soulweaver

a mirage
Years
New question.

I'm trying to learn some scripting, but my script doesn't just seem to work. E: Oh, I forgot to mention that I use PKSV-UI by Score_Under.
Code:
#org 0x871B711
'-----------------------------------
lockall
special 0x174
textcolor 0x0 'Sets text color (Fire Red).
pause 0x1E
applymovement PLAYER 0x81A75ED ' raw_2D end 
pauseevent 0x0
sound 0x15
applymovement 0x1 0x871B7C1 ' say_! end 
pauseevent 0x0
pause 0x1E
applymovement 0x1 0x871B781 ' walk_right walk_up walk_up walk_up faceplayer end 
msgbox 0x871B801 ' Good morning, dear! Did you\nsleep well?\pIt's your birthday today! And guess\nwhat? I have a surprise for you!\lI've ordered you an official POKéDEX!\lThey're having transportation problems\lright now, though, so you have to\lget the POKéDEX from the main\loffice at PALMOS CITY. Take this.
callstd MSG_NOCLOSE ' Non-closing msg
closemsg
msgbox 0x8190289 ' \v\h01 received the\nPOKéDEX COUPON!
copyvarifnotzero 0x8000 0x15D
copyvarifnotzero 0x8001 0x1
copyvarifnotzero 0x8002 0x13E
callstd 0x9 ' 
msgbox 0x871BA01 ' With that coupon you'll get the\nPOKéDEX. Be careful!
callstd MSG_NOCLOSE ' Non-closing msg
closemsg
applymovement 0x1 0x871B7A1 ' walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_left end 
releaseall
end

#org 0x871B801
= Good morning, dear! Did you\nsleep well?\pIt's your birthday today! And guess\nwhat? I have a surprise for you!\lI've ordered you an official POKéDEX!\lThey're having transportation problems\lright now, though, so you have to\lget the POKéDEX from the main\loffice at PALMOS CITY. Take this.

#org 0x8190289
= \v\h01 received the\nPOKéDEX COUPON!

#org 0x871BA01
= With that coupon you'll get the\nPOKéDEX. Be careful!

#org 0x81A75ED
M raw_2D end 

#org 0x871B7C1
M say_! end 

#org 0x871B781
M walk_right walk_up walk_up walk_up faceplayer end 

#org 0x871B7A1
M walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_left end

This should (or I intended it to) make the mother in your house to walk next to you, give the item and then walk back at the table. However, when I walk to the script, all that happens is that the player gets stuck and can't move anymore.

Yes, I borrowed some parts of Prof. Oak script and Viridian Mart script (and replaced the string there with my own use since I don't need that string anymore).

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Alright, thanks. Just one more:

Where is the offset for the data of one of the Slakoth evolutions? I need to copy it, add it again and edit it. It's rather plot-important.
0x25D034 in FireRed
[EvolutionType] [CondtionToEvolve] [PokemonToEvolveTo] [Filler??]

Not sure if the layout is 100% correct, thats from my own research.

Hey, I got a question: Do rombases apply to 1.0 as well as 1.1, or is it diffirent? Cuz I applied a rombase to Fire red (and yes, it was a firered rombase) and all the tiles were completly messed up....
In short no.

New question.

I'm trying to learn some scripting, but my script doesn't just seem to work. E: Oh, I forgot to mention that I use PKSV-UI by Score_Under.
Spoiler:

This should (or I intended it to) make the mother in your house to walk next to you, give the item and then walk back at the table. However, when I walk to the script, all that happens is that the player gets stuck and can't move anymore.

Yes, I borrowed some parts of Prof. Oak script and Viridian Mart script (and replaced the string there with my own use since I don't need that string anymore).
Make sure the properties below are set for that script tile.
Unknown: 0003
Var Number: 4050
Var Value: 0000

Soulweaver

a mirage
Years
0x25D034 in FireRed
Make sure the properties below are set for that script tile.
Unknown: 0003
Var Number: 4050
Var Value: 0000
Thanks, now it works (though now I see my scripting sucks :D). Care to tell what exactly this 0003 at the Unknown field generally indicates? :D

*goes fixin' the movement errors :D*

E: I'd like the script to be executed right when I enter the map, not just after taking a step. I realize this happens by making it a map script. I made a map script, put it to be of type 02 (peeking the original game stuff again :D) and entered in flag 4050, value 0000 and the script offset. The script is executed normally, but after it's done this junk message box appears out of nowhere keeps repeating itself!

Here is a screenshot:

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Thanks, now it works (though now I see my scripting sucks :D). Care to tell what exactly this 0003 at the Unknown field generally indicates? :D

*goes fixin' the movement errors :D*
No idea, its just in all the script tiles of the original games. So its obviously important. You can go without it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back