• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2016
Hi, I have about 3000 regular cards (plus a handful of possible rares) from the first series of pokemon cards. Could you tell me a rough estimate for selling in bulk please?

Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2012
Hi there! First time seller, long time player of pokemon trading card game.

I'm wondering if anyone can help me please? I have a unopened first edition pack of 11 neo-revelation pokemon cards, does anyone know how much that's likely to be worth? Thanks for any help :)

Last edited:

aquavi

scintillating starmie
Years
Hey, I have a Japanese card from the Skyridge set that I'm having trouble pricing... not sure if the jp ones go for more/less than English ones? Anyway here is a high res photo, had no luck searching my the # but maybe I'm just slow...

i.imgur.com/R13Qm.jpg

Years
Hey everyone, you'll have to excuse me as I don't know if this is the right forum but I had a few questions about some cards I've scavenged. I wanted to know the value of the cards below, I've done some general research but want some expert opinions before I list them on Ebay, thank you ahead of time and again apologies if this is the wrong forum!

I'll get around to these within the next day or so.

Hi, I have about 3000 regular cards (plus a handful of possible rares) from the first series of pokemon cards. Could you tell me a rough estimate for selling in bulk please?

I need more details than that. How many are 1st edition cards?

Clefairy (Heart Misprint)
Base Set
5/102
Not First Edition or Shadowless, but there is a red heart with a circle around it above the name. this is an obvious misprint and i've yet to see another card like it.

(sorry for resolution)

QhOXB.jpg

I have not seen anything on this anywhere. I wonder if it was a marking done by QC at Wizards. Was this the only rare in the booster you pulled it from? It may not be a misprint if it was pulled from a repackaged booster. It looks like a heart stamp done separately from the printing process for the rest of the card, as its color doesn't seem to match the color of the HP text.

Hi there! First time seller, long time player of pokemon trading card game.

I'm wondering if anyone can help me please? I have a unopened first edition pack of 11 neo-revelation pokemon cards, does anyone know how much that's likely to be worth? Thanks for any help :)

Between $10 and $15, based on how much a booster box sold for.

Hey, I have a Japanese card from the Skyridge set that I'm having trouble pricing... not sure if the jp ones go for more/less than English ones? Anyway here is a high res photo, had no luck searching my the # but maybe I'm just slow...

i.imgur.com/R13Qm.jpg

$7 to $9 is what the English one goes for, so, if I had to guess, probably $5 to $7 for the Japanese version, though I've found a few more obscure sellers that are listing it for $11, since the major sellers tend to not bother selling Japanese cards.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2016
I need more details than that. How many are 1st edition cards?
I'd say a good 2000 are first edition, with the others being from the second generation and the diamond/pearl generation.

Years
I'd say a good 2000 are first edition, with the others being from the second generation and the diamond/pearl generation.

That's not quite what I meant by 1st Edition. I meant, how many have black circles with a 1 inside that circle printed on the card to the bottom left side of the picture (in the case of the cards of the Pokemon themselves), on the top right near the word Energy on energy cards, or on the bottom right in the text box on the Trainer cards?

Otherwise, the best guess assessment I can give you is $0.02 to $0.05 apiece for the commons and uncommons for each bulk lot you'd want to sell them in, just to get rid of the bulk cards. Most major TCG retailers that buy cards have stopped buying commons in bulk because they just have so many in stock.

Years
i'm fairly certain it was done by wizard. i've read ebay posts of people with one. also here is a link to flickr where someone has one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mfridgeway/6753427865/

As far as I've read, eBay and here (that Flickr photo you linked was actually posted by another user in another thread in an attempt to get more info on it) seems to be the only place people are discussing it. Can't find any info on it on ANY of the other major Pokemon TCG forums around today, and it doesn't seem to be a well-enough known misprint to have made it onto Bulbapedia. Kind of odd that there's so little info on it out there, really, which is why I suspect that some store did the damage and then resealed it inside a pack.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2016
That's not quite what I meant by 1st Edition. I meant, how many have black circles with a 1 inside that circle printed on the card to the bottom left side of the picture (in the case of the cards of the Pokemon themselves), on the top right near the word Energy on energy cards, or on the bottom right in the text box on the Trainer cards?

Otherwise, the best guess assessment I can give you is $0.02 to $0.05 apiece for the commons and uncommons for each bulk lot you'd want to sell them in, just to get rid of the bulk cards. Most major TCG retailers that buy cards have stopped buying commons in bulk because they just have so many in stock.

I know, sorry that was badly written. I'd say a good 2000 are series one, first edition cards. The rest are an assortment of series cards, with unknown edition. I'm sorry I can't check them all now, they're in a different country - I just moved house >.<

ChristGilely

Charizard Obsessor
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 27, 2012
I have a 1996 Dewgong Japanese Pocket Monsters card. It has a black diamond in the lower right corner but I'm not sure what the first edition mark looks like. Also, i would like to know how much it is worth. Thank you :3

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
I have a 1996 Dewgong Japanese Pocket Monsters card. It has a black diamond in the lower right corner but I'm not sure what the first edition mark looks like. Also, i would like to know how much it is worth. Thank you :3

That means uncommon. Im not too familiar with japanese cards, but on english cards, the first editions will have a 1 next to the picture and "edition" written in an arc above it.

EX:
90-misty's-psyduck.jpg

Id guess and say that it isnt really worth enough to sell. Probably no more than a buck, 2 max. Though as i said, i dont know too much about japanese cards.

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2012
Hi guys, i am new here :).

I have read the first post, but i have 10-15 cards which i need to ask you guys what is average value of each card, u dont need to tell me accurate, but i want to have overall vision of my cards value.

I used to collect pokemon cards when i was kid so i have some old holos.

I am wondering how much could cost shining kabutops, raichu, tyranitar, celebi and magicarp (all are shining, but magicarp is a bit different and it's from Neo Revelations)

Same goes for crystal crobat, charizard and holem. (skyridge).

And i have all holo trainer cards, from Brock to Giovanni + 3 Team rocket holo trainer cards (Here comes team rocket, Rocket's sneak attack, The rocket's trap). How much i could ask for them as a collection.

And last one is some Japanise charizard edition, picture of pokemon is non holo, bur rest of card is holo, and on back is not pokemon, but pocket monsters, version of charizard is one with 120hp and 100 damage + pokemon power. Here is how it look's like -> .ebay.com/itm/Rare-Japanese-Charizard-Pocket-Monsters-Pokemon-foil-holo-card-/120992217801?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2bb2bac9 (add www before, as it wont let me post this link since i dont have mroe then 15 posts)

Ty and sorry for asking you for that many cards.

Last edited:
Years
I found some shinies in the tins I've bought recently. Here they are.

Hope they're worth something.

sh3-voltorb.jpg

71.jpg

Voltorb, being that it's a secret rare, is around $10 to $15.

Golett, however, would barely be worth $0.15, seeing as how it's a reverse holofoil of a common.

Most likely, $0.50. Japanese cards aren't very sought after unless their holofoil cards, and even then, they still are generally less valuable than their English language counterparts. At least outside of Japan, that is.

Hi guys, i am new here :).

I have read the first post, but i have 10-15 cards which i need to ask you guys what is average value of each card, u dont need to tell me accurate, but i want to have overall vision of my cards value.

I used to collect pokemon cards when i was kid so i have some old holos.

I am wondering how much could cost shining kabutops, raichu, tyranitar, celebi and magicarp (all are shining, but magicarp is a bit different and it's from Neo Revelations)

Same goes for crystal crobat, charizard and holem. (skyridge).

And i have all holo trainer cards, from Brock to Giovanni + 3 Team rocket holo trainer cards (Here comes team rocket, Rocket's sneak attack, The rocket's trap). How much i could ask for them as a collection.

And last one is some Japanise charizard edition, picture of pokemon is non holo, bur rest of card is holo, and on back is not pokemon, but pocket monsters, version of charizard is one with 120hp and 100 damage + pokemon power. Here is how it look's like -> .ebay.com/itm/Rare-Japanese-Charizard-Pocket-Monsters-Pokemon-foil-holo-card-/120992217801?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2bb2bac9 (add www before, as it wont let me post this link since i dont have mroe then 15 posts)

Ty and sorry for asking you for that many cards.

I'll get to yours later. It's getting late and I'm running low on energy right now.

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
Can someone please look at my post on page 9 and tell me how much those charizards are worth? I want them on Ebay asap, thanks.

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2012
Any news about my cards :(? U dont need to examine all, just ones that u think they might be worth the most.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2012
h ttp://imageshack.us/f/819/pokemonxl.png/

I would like to put it all on ebay. 1161 cards.
how much can I sell it all

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2012
How much is my Fossil deck Golem worth? well, i think it is fossil, it has a bone-like hand that has 3 long fingers and a thumb, but, im still a little new to the cardgame so, yea, how much is it?

Years
h ttp://imageshack.us/f/819/pokemonxl.png/

I would like to put it all on ebay. 1161 cards.
how much can I sell it all

Too many listed. Narrow that down to the ones you'd most like priced, please.

Any news about my cards :(? U dont need to examine all, just ones that u think they might be worth the most.

Sorry, things have been pretty busy on my end still! My entire weekend has been taken up by a wedding.

Can someone please look at my post on page 9 and tell me how much those charizards are worth? I want them on Ebay asap, thanks.

Japanese one, $3 to $5 in the condition it's in.

English Charizard $15 to $20.

How much is my Fossil deck Golem worth? well, i think it is fossil, it has a bone-like hand that has 3 long fingers and a thumb, but, im still a little new to the cardgame so, yea, how much is it?

$0.10 at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back