• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whats your online battle win loss ratio like?

How often do you win random wifi battles?

• More than half the time

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • About half the time

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Less than half the time

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
If I count all the times I've been ragequitted on as wins, I'm about 50/50 W/L

If I don't count that, I'm like 45/55 W/L

Just wondering if winning half the time, losing half the time is pretty regular, or if some of you out there are like 90/10 or something O_o

Edit : Also, and I know this is generalizing but... I notice the Japanese players (Who I'm mostly put against) seem in general to be harder to beat than all the other ones.

I almost let out a sigh of relief when I see a players name in actual ABC letters, because I know it won't be a brutal beatdown.

Really pisses me off when I go on a massive losing streak, that just happened to me all night here, and of course.... every last one of them was Japanese & the last win I recall was against an english person.

Damn higher average IQ countries! damn them to hell! I kind of wish they would allow an option to opt out of international play, a game is supposed to be fun but it's not fun when you lose 99% of the time (sometimes). Like I said, somehow it evens out to where I win about half the time overall, but grrrr when I go on mass losing streaks....

Last edited:
Years
Very POOR at the moment. Started battling a couple months ago, but took a break out of frustration. Tried getting back in to it the other day and am still having a rough time. I agree, the Japanese always put down a good beating.

I have tried to start to play rated battles now, in hopes that once my rating is lowered, I will get people that more evenly match my skill level. That is not the case, and I am still getting matched with people 2-300 points above my level.

I really like battling, but it seems so unregulated and just a mess at this point.

Right now I'm roughly 5w/15l for the season, first time I tried I went 5/25. Don't know my free rating off the top of my head, but it's similarly placed at about 25% win.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2013
I dont play over wi-fi, but instead use a battlesimulator. I win about 3 for every one that I lose but that is including ragequits which happen quite often if I get set up.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
At the moment, my singles ratio is something like 10-90 w/l. Doubles is something like 70-30 but drops down to something like 20-80 against trick room. I hate trick room.

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
Years
If I count the ragequits as wins, then I'm like a 89% (rounded) win percentage. If I don't count them at all, it goes up to like 93% for some reason. I kept a detailed record of my fights, and it turns out that using chess-thinking makes people hate you :/

Back