The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 04:41 PM
roachbug 101

Thanks for use such great pokemon as starters! From what I've played so far it is an amazing game!
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 07:23 AM
21eeveevulpix
Master of the Eons

Whilst I am enjoying the game at the moment, I appear to be having a little bit of a problem, I have beaten the first gym, I have the Patch for 1.3.2 installed, but, when I reach the end of Route 3 and attempt to go to the next town, I seem to be getting warped to the beginning of Route 2, and end up just looping back to Novum Town somehow, uh, is there a fix to that?

I'm an idiot, ignore this, just noticed on a previous page that the current demo ends on Route 3, so I assume that house thing is the ending point.

I must admit though, the way you've implemented 'Ground Item' Sprites, I find absolutely ingenious, certainly helps when you can tel at a glance what you're getting.

Last edited by 21eeveevulpix; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:30 AM.
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 07:49 AM
Freelancer Of All Trades

Quick question: Is it posible to play in Full Screen? Cause so far I can only play on the default small screen. Also, Fairy-Type, is it going to be added? Would be fantastic to have my Fairy-Type Gardevoir.

Last edited by Freelancer Of All Trades; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:32 AM.
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 05:41 PM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21eeveevulpix View Post
Whilst I am enjoying the game at the moment, I appear to be having a little bit of a problem, I have beaten the first gym, I have the Patch for 1.3.2 installed, but, when I reach the end of Route 3 and attempt to go to the next town, I seem to be getting warped to the beginning of Route 2, and end up just looping back to Novum Town somehow, uh, is there a fix to that?

I'm an idiot, ignore this, just noticed on a previous page that the current demo ends on Route 3, so I assume that house thing is the ending point.

I must admit though, the way you've implemented 'Ground Item' Sprites, I find absolutely ingenious, certainly helps when you can tel at a glance what you're getting.
While the demo was intended to end at Route 3, that teleporting glitch to Route 2 was an accident haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelancer Of All Trades View Post
Quick question: Is it posible to play in Full Screen? Cause so far I can only play on the default small screen. Also, Fairy-Type, is it going to be added? Would be fantastic to have my Fairy-Type Gardevoir.
As with all Essentials games full screen is not really an option right now and not important enough in my opinion for me to focus on. Fairy type is a possibility. I am considering it.
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 10:30 PM
DJUnlucky7
Slob

Nature: Modest
So I just found this Essentials Game via HoodlumScrafty, and while I personally haven't played any of it or seen much yet, I've already got to say I absolutely love it. Darkrai is easily in my top 5 favourite pokemon, and my tied-in-first-place-legend with Giratina. I love the aspect of Darkrai's story in this, that he's more than just "The Nightmare Pokemon".

Anyways I just wanted to say I absolutely love this idea. I hope it works out like Pokemon Reborn is, updating over and over until the full game finally comes out.

If you ever need any help with mapping, hit me up. A year ago I tried to make a game completely by myself (Bad Idea) as a romhack of Pokemon FireRed, but my laptop got obliterated via me punching it after getting mad (I believe at said romhack). I only really learned the Gameboy editing tools but I could learn and pick up the DS ones pretty quickly to help.

Anyways I'm getting off topic, I hope I can somehow help out with this game because It's probably going to end up being my favourite Essentials game to date.
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 03:41 PM
Sharpshot

Nature: Modest
Just finished the demo today smitty, and i gotta say it was great while it lasted. My heart sank when the house at the end of route 3 teleported me back to novum city lol. Cant wait till the next demo, if u decide to continue the game. Really hope u do tbh so keep me posted!
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 05:31 AM
TruBlaze

can't wait to be able to play!
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 06:59 AM
TruBlaze

*waits nearly two hours for the dl to finish, can't play the game
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 03:02 PM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
This looks reeeeeally nice! Loving the storyline and features added to this game. Great job! n_n

Team αlpha
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 03:26 PM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlaze View Post
*waits nearly two hours for the dl to finish, can't play the game
The download shouldn't have taken nearly that long. It only took a half hour to upload and downloads for me in 20 min.

What issue are you having with playing?
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 08:06 AM
InfectedCandid

Hi! So this game looks really cool, but I kind of ran into a problem. Every time I try to save, it completely crashes on me. I remember reading somewhere how that's a bug and it might occasionally happen, but I know for me it's happened the past four times I tried. Plus, the first time I tried exiting the forest (after getting my starter), the game crashed again. So I never really got past that part. XD Is it just my computer maybe? Or...? Sorry if this has been answered or mentioned somewhere and I missed it, I'm just trying to figure this out.
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 05:49 PM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfectedCandid View Post
Hi! So this game looks really cool, but I kind of ran into a problem. Every time I try to save, it completely crashes on me. I remember reading somewhere how that's a bug and it might occasionally happen, but I know for me it's happened the past four times I tried. Plus, the first time I tried exiting the forest (after getting my starter), the game crashed again. So I never really got past that part. XD Is it just my computer maybe? Or...? Sorry if this has been answered or mentioned somewhere and I missed it, I'm just trying to figure this out.
I'm pretty sure the saving issue is a bug with the GTS script the game is using. I am still trying to figure out how to fix it:/ As for the forest crash I have no idea? If you're able to recreate it and share the error message I should be able to figure out how to fix it.
Old 4 Days Ago, 06:19 PM
TruBlaze

trying to get it again (i want this in time for oras)
Old 2 Days Ago, 02:06 PM
TruBlaze

could you make Pokemon Melanite compatible on Linux?
Old 2 Days Ago, 06:06 PM
Hey I'm Jay
Custom Pokemon YouTuber

Nature: Naughty
Definitely looking forward to doing a Let's Play on this! Hopefully I can continue throughout the game without any problems. I would do Lets Play on RaptorEX, but to many people have done it. Good luck with future progress on this!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links