• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
This is very good hack, I'm waiting for next beta.
I found glitch:
sql-pkfr_02.png
Thats an old bug, the ilex forest grass. I dont know much about hacking but i think it is a hard bug to crack, that one. It appears it will be fixed in B6 (though i still dont know how its possible to, even if by a bug, put grass beneath a cuttable tree)

Another thing zel. Consedering the limitations of the headbutt system, could you fix the appearance rate of Heracross, Shedinja, etc. ? So one doenst spend three hours ramming heads on trees (and, in the real world, walls) to find only Caterpies, Metapods, Butterfrees and Spearows next time...

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Huh? Another Hack? why Am I not informed I always tought Zel said he wouldn't make another hack before he finishes this one!
So is it true Zel? And do you already know what kind of hack it's going to be? (Halfremake like SG, or maybe Diamond and Pearl Hacking? Or a Completely new story connected to Shiny Gold?)

-Pizzakoe-

(I'm sorry for the Off-toppicness...)

As you said, I dont like to work on two different things at the same time (or even switching from one project to another sounds confusing), what I am doing is, while I work on SG, I start to think on stuff for another project after SG. But, first things first, we've got to finish SG.

And no, I dont want to reveal anything yet. That's for avoiding regreting about something if it doesnt work.

Wow Lugia is pretty big. Lugia sprite is practically perfectly suited.
I'm still not sure about Ho-oh... Too freakishly big...

They are similar in size, I think.

well, whenever i go to pallet town, its just new bark with with weird squares around. is that fixed in the bugfix? because i downloaded it and im having problems with the bugfix. whenever i download those files, they appear as an ips file. is there any way i can use these files to effect the game?

The thing is that you are not supposed to go to Pallet, and if you do, then you are just going to a bugged version of it. On the B6 I'm working it is fixed so no more tile bugs for you.

Hey Zel,
I'm looking forward to seeing those pictures from the mini-games you plan to make. It certainly will be fun to play (at least for me, as Nintendo kindly made mini-games of FR only via wireless adapter......) Have you thought about Secret Bases? I know this ain't RSE but it would be cool to have those secret bases.

In fact, there's something involving that (though not secret bases, but it is better not to spoil everything... Anyway, that's something that'll come in the final release, but I'll leave some clues in the B6)

Figured I'd make a banner to add to your collection of support signatures because I love SG so much. :)
(oh and you might want to update the url's on quite a few of those banners)

HTML:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=2754392][IMG]http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/2618/shinygoldsigly3.jpg[/IMG][/url]

I'll upload it to the first post later, now I want to do other stuff. Thanks for the banner ;)

Hi zel, maybe for the Kanto Region, you could insert FRLG tilesets
because in Pokémon Gold it had tilesets for both Johto and Kanto Regions,
the Kanto Region tileset in Pokémon Gold had the same tileset
from Pokémon Red. Maybe you could insert them as tileset 1
and then fix the errors on the tileset and ajust the block palettes. ;)

If there's something I dont like is tile editing. Just in case there's someone here who still doesnt know it. So, the less tile editing I have to take care of, the better it will be, and it'll take less time, give less headaches. And, it's not like it's really necessary, in my opinion.

This is very good hack, I'm waiting for next beta.
I found glitch:
sql-pkfr_02.png

Yeah, tile errors (see? that's what I was talking about -_-)

Anyway, your post gives me the chance for people to know that Adammac is working on a Polish version of SG, so if you want to know more about it, just look at Adammac's signature.

This also goes for anyone who'd like to translate the game into another language, I dont mind if you want to, as long as you know how to do it. I do not seek official translations, so anyone is allowed to make their own :D

choatix

Choatix
Years
  • UK
  • Seen May 1, 2022
don't you think you're being a bit mean with the game corner prizes?
The pokemon are all at level 5! Even in FR and Gold was not like this, was it?
Can't you change that? Spedning 9999 coins on a porygon and getting it at level 5? Come on...
What are the odds of wilds pokemon? What I mean by this is simply, there are 12 slots of pokemon and what are the odds of each pokemon appearing? For grass, water, tree and fishing.
CXos whatever the case is, you seem to spend FOREVER searching for rare pokemon like Pineco, Heracross, Exeggcute, Aipom, Volbeat, Ninjask, Shedinja, etc.
Does Nincada still create a Shedinja when it evolves?
And, is there a ThunderStone in the game other than the one from Bill's Grandpa? I want Raichu...
What pokemon is Bill's Grandpa after? Oddish first, but whats the star pokemon? I don't lniw if this is the case in B5, but in B4 Staryu or Starmie: it wasn't either. I was waiting for a thunderstone agian...
Can you make sleeping pokemon come out of headbutt trees? I'm gatheruing you can't, but it would be cool.
About Kurt and his custom pokeballs? Well, the Dive and Premier Balls are all the same as pokeballs in this game aren't they? Maybe you can chnage them, or replace them? And, while on that subject, what about this: I know it's Crystal, but can you make Kurt take ALL the apricorns of a colour and turn them all into balls in one time? Eg. if you have 4 Green Apricorns, you can give him all 4 to tyurn them all into Friend Balls. And, if you do not intend on changing them, maybe ask for confirmation before picking them, because accidently picking up a White or Yellow apricorn is annoying because I could just easily battle a trainer and get some money and then buy a pokeball. And maybe, insert the script that buying 10 pokeballs gives a free premier ball?
Do you know the odds of finding these dogs as you enter the maps?
How do you do the Ice Path puzzle in Victory Road? Your Strength rocks and Rock Smash rocks do not seem to stay where they are when you change maps, is that a glitch... it trapped me in the Trick House... but, how do you fget that item down the botom? (ive seen it in A.Map)
You know the guiy that sells Tiny Mushrooms... can't you make TinyMushrooms still be bought in the Maghoney Shop, so we can easily use the move relearner? Or make a place where only Paras and Parasect appear? (maybe Mt. Moon). After all, there was one in FR...
One more thing... I have so mnay things to ask, maybe you can make the rebattle trainers hold items, but the items they would give you before, or juts imple battle items. (like have the schoolboy on Route 36 having his tnagels or what not holding a fire stone (use thief to get it), or use trainers to hold sitrus berries in the E4. PET cannot do this, but trainer-edit can. Use that. D'u think it's a good idea?
pHEW... Thats it, I think... XD
for now.

Last edited:

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
Zel, will you improve some of the cave tiles cuz they kinda look out-done if you compare it to outside graphics?

pizzakoe

Experienced Spriter
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
Zel, will you improve some of the cave tiles cuz they kinda look out-done if you compare it to outside graphics?

As if you can't answer that by yourself....
If I'm not wrong, Zel Will changes them (Guaranteed), because he doesn't want to leave anything the same as before, but also: Zel HATES to change Tilesets etc. so I think we must not expect it in Bèta 6.
Am I right Zel?

Years
hey zel, just a quickie here,
you know how on the joto map there is a big desert above olivine...if i rememeber correctly...well perhaps that could be a desert sort of place where you get regirock registeel and groudon?
and the ocean part...perhaps kyogre, regice and articuno?
or are you remapping the seafoam islands for articunoand will moltres still be in the islands? or are you redoing that aswell?

just a quick tile error...hope it don't piss you off...but when in caves if your surfing next to a ledge you sometimes appear ontop of it.

cheers, and keep up the good hacking

MeccaPrime

Artificial Life Form
Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2008
Zel,

Beautiful job. This hack is turning out to be a true masterpiece in the making. I remember the greatness of the original G/S and I am glad that someone has taken the initiative to do what Nintendo should have done in the first place. Please do not let this project die like so many other great ones. I believe that the people need a fully complete G/S update like they need air to breathe.

-Neji-

Something Different
Years
Hey, hows everyone? .. i just defeated the 8th gym but there is a big rock blocking the way to an entrance in the dragons den .. and says only dragon masters can enter .. how do i get in?

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2008
Evey time I try to load it up it comes up with a berry program update for r,s,e and then frezes

S'all good. I got my besterst bro in the whole entire world to fix it. he is smarter than me

Last edited by a moderator:

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
wow thank god all this questions arent in paper otherwise zel would sank in it

anyway i found a HUGE bug(ill upload a image when image asap)
i come out of the ice path, i go to the pc at blackthorn and i go right away down the mountain to train
so, before it, i made a quick stop a the mart
ultra balls? nah
hypers? nah
the only thing for sale was this:
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$

???

Blitzballer

Sarcasm: now GMO-free.
Years
fishyrock.png

Hmm...Whatcha hiding from us this time? Can't wait to find out. [hopefully soon?:paranoid:]
Spoiler:

Also, looks like a typo! Tehe.

I just started playing this again and it's incredibly fun. Thanks for bringing Johto back to life (seeing as Nintendo won't!:\).

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023

i come out of the ice path, i go to the pc at blackthorn and i go right away down the mountain to train
ultra balls? nah
hypers? nah
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$

???

Seems like a patching problem

-Pulls out DS-

every thing is normal for me. Try repatching. did you reuse a save file? If not, patch a CLEAN rom from some place else and rename the .sav to match the name of the rom and place it in the same directory.

I am liking the music, it seems to fit better with the GBA scheme and the new OWs are amazing.

fishyrock.png

Hmm...Whatcha hiding from us this time? Can't wait to find out. [hopefully soon?:paranoid:]
Spoiler:

I just started playing this again and it's incredibly fun. Thanks for bringing Johto back to life (seeing as Nintendo won't!:\).

Whre did you find that rock?

Last edited:

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
That Rock was in the way to the elite 4, surf and go use whirlpool,

the rock is looked beyond by cheating is water an island, and black space.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years

Sorry I'm quoting you like this, I had the replies written in a Wordpad file, but now I'm not at Windows, so I'll reply to you next time I go back there.

Well, I dont think there's really that much of a difference, but perhaps I'll keep ripping a bit more of DP, and if it looks decent we'll keep things that way. If not, I may leave everything as it is. Dont forget that I want SG to be a mix of all the generations tiles.

Can you make the game corner pokemon all come out at level one please?

While I didnt want them to be higher that Lv5 just to make the training harder, Lv1 is basically a level that I want it to be exclusively for the "starters", kinda as a way to confirm that "they are REALLY starters", so of all the Game Corner Pokemon, only Charmander will remain as the only Lv1

hey zel, just a quickie here,
you know how on the joto map there is a big desert above olivine...if i rememeber correctly...well perhaps that could be a desert sort of place where you get regirock registeel and groudon?
and the ocean part...perhaps kyogre, regice and articuno?
or are you remapping the seafoam islands for articunoand will moltres still be in the islands? or are you redoing that aswell?

just a quick tile error...hope it don't piss you off...but when in caves if your surfing next to a ledge you sometimes appear ontop of it.

cheers, and keep up the good hacking

Well, I dont have planned any desert-like place in Shiny Gold, so forget about that. All of the other legendary Pokemon locations and obtainable ways have been decided already, and it cannot be revealed.

About the tile error, it's because of the water reflection assigned to the surf tile, I know, I know, AMap1.9, AMap1.9, I'll use it a lot when I need to bug fix.

ultra balls? nah
hypers? nah
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$

???

And what happens on other marts? Because I never had that problem and it's the first time I ever heard about it.

fishyrock.png

Spoiler:

That rock wont disappear on the next Beta, anyway, so you'll have to keep wondering about it.

jj_olli

It's coming...
Years
Long time I haven't replied in this Thread xD, but I see Shiny Gold is getting better and better and as you promised, it looks like it's going to be complete, but I will only play the final version, because I don't want to replay everything or have problems with save Files.
Keep going Zel and rock the Community xP

Years
hey,

another bug here...not sure if it is actually a bug tho...

i have done all the events except the power plant...why?
that's because even though I have the ghostbuster i can't actually get past the ghosts??
can anyone explain?

another idea, perhaps, if you haven't figured it out...do something else with the credits? like, make it fly over goldenrod and other joto places aswell?

=]

XxOblivion77

All-Around Gamer
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2014
Hey Zel, can you tell us the following:

What rocks do you plan to remove/make a map for the legendary or event for the next beta?

Also, what do you have planned for the next beta? Mt. Silver perhaps?

Back