• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
In a cave... Isolated from others... All on its own...

SylIDPA.jpg
I think we have a winner. Except it's not in a city area, but in a completely isolated area.

...nah, that may be where the game legendary meets you.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
This begs the question, what about Lapras? It's known as the Transport Pokémon similar to how Gogoat is the Riding Pokémon. Does this mean there might be a Lapras service to surf instead of using an HM?
That would be fun. You get a Surf Pass after a certain Gym, and it lets you rent a Lapras to Surf around on.
I like the ability of a town transport service. However, the Drifblim service would have to be restricted to each town going to certain areas. Fly could be reinvented to allow you to fly virtually anywhere.

Cyclone

Each Town and City could have a Flying service station, but you can only access them after a certain Gym--then you can Fly to places you've seen before.

In a cave... Isolated from others... All on its own...

SylIDPA.jpg

This island reminds me a lot of Seafoam Islands and Shoal Cave...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I forget but wasn't the transfer of the beasts and Celebi allowed pre E4 in BW using a slightly different method, so maybe Mewtwo will work the same way thus allowing us to get the forme earlier. Or maybe with XY Gf will release yet another Mewtwo event for those who don't get the movie one.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I forget but wasn't the transfer of the beasts and Celebi allowed pre E4 in BW using a slightly different method, so maybe Mewtwo will work the same way thus allowing us to get the forme earlier. Or maybe with XY Gf will release yet another Mewtwo event for those who don't get the movie one.

They were the only ones + the non-existent Lock Capsule, but that exists in B/W only. You cannot do it in B2W2 and traditional transfers are through the games. I don't see them adding it back in since they removed it from the same generation games.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Getting any legendary even before the E4 feels over-powered, I feel. Even the three musketeers in BW2 I was critical about. :P
I find it veeeeeery implausible for them to give access to Mewtwo before the National dex.

I wonder if the starters will have more interesting abilities this time around. Something not as boring as Torrent, Overgrow and Blaze.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Getting any legendary even before the E4 feels over-powered, I feel.

I wonder if the starters will have more interesting abilities this time around. Something not as boring as Torrent, Overgrow and Blaze.

I wouldn't mind getting just one legendary before the E4. I liked having Kyogre for example in RSE.

I hope for some interesting starter abilites as well, not the usual torrent - blaze - overgrow.
I don't think this will be likely, but it would make things a lot more interesting

blue

gucci
Years
It will most likely be before the 8th Gym when you can capture Xerneas and Yveltal in X and Y respectively, as for the rest I'd say they're post-game.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
I suppose it's inevitable to get the title legendaries before the E4. Just don't expect me to use them. ;P

Giving them different abilities would make them much more different from each other. It's possible that it might cause balancing issues though.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Getting any legendary even before the E4 feels over-powered, I feel. Even the three musketeers in BW2 I was critical about. :P
I find it veeeeeery implausible for them to give access to Mewtwo before the National dex.

I wouldn't mind getting just one legendary before the E4. I liked having Kyogre for example in RSE.

I hope for some interesting starter abilites as well, not the usual torrent - blaze - overgrow.
I don't think this will be likely, but it would make things a lot more interesting

Their abilities are going to be the same... No doubt about that... But they might get interesting hidden abilities... Maybe a new mechanic for hidden abilities? Some way to change your starter's ability (maybe other Pokemon too) to its hidden ability. Potential unlocker or something. xD Need 100 heart scales or something... Maybe X BP gets you a potential unlocker to use on a Pokemon...

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Their abilities are going to be the same... No doubt about that... But they might get interesting hidden abilities... Maybe a new mechanic for hidden abilities? Some way to change your starter's ability (maybe other Pokemon too) to its hidden ability. Potential unlocker or something. xD Need 100 heart scales or something... Maybe X BP gets you a potential unlocker to use on a Pokemon...

If they included a way to change a Pokemon's ability to its Hidden one that would be pretty amazing!
I wouldn't make it too available though, so that you really think about what Pokemon you want to use it on

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Abilities have always been about individuality of Pokémon. That Pokémon of the same species but different abilities are inherently different from each other. Just like with natures.

Gaining the ability to change your ability would ruin that, since it meant you could just shape a Pokémon's individuality, its personality, to your liking. It's not something I think they'd want to do. Similarly, they probably won't let you change a Pokémon's nature.

LaGrosseBaguette

Tartine beurrée
Years
Ont thing I hope is that you'll be able to move an item from a pokemon to an other, directly without to have to take it from your bag, it makes me crazy when I have to level some pokemon with the multi exp because I want them to evolve ._.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I honestly don't mind getting the legendaries before the Elite Four. I mean, we generally grab the mascot before it, and although it can definitely help beat the challenge, it doesn't make it ridiculously easy. As long as the legends you'd encounter are relatively low leveled (Like the beasts in GSC being level 40), then I wouldn't see anything wrong. You'd still have to go out of your way to train them higher, it's not like they're just battle ready =P

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
They were the only ones + the non-existent Lock Capsule, but that exists in B/W only. You cannot do it in B2W2 and traditional transfers are through the games. I don't see them adding it back in since they removed it from the same generation games.

I actually have a Lock Capsule. Found an Action Replay code that works. Haven't gone about transferring it yet; there is a person in Castelia City (building where the Name Rater is, I think?) who lets you pick words, and the ones used to get Celebi and the Shiny Trio (as I call them) in also imports the Lock Capsule. Basically, the option on the main menu is unlocked by using the "password" and you then select it. Your Lock Capsule comes in (from Action Replay generation in HG/SS), you take it to be opened, and you get TM95 (Snarl).

Of course, you don't want to generate a second Capsule; it will never be oipened.

Cyclone

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
New type is resistant to Ice... Read the pretty type chart I spent an hour making... Its aligned perfected btw so it shouldn't be difficult to read... I might need to change colors for some people's eyes and color blind people... I will do that if we get more news on the type.

You could switch out the colors for symbols like the circle, blank space, triangle, and 'X' used by Prima's official strategy guides to designate 'super effective,' 'normally effective,' 'not very effective,' and 'ineffective,' respectively.

Wasn't this the speculation thread? Why not just make a new chit-chat thread and keep this the rumors one, as that's what it mainly is now anyways...

I would rather just have everything in one thread like it has been, thank you very much!

Teak or Maple seem reasonable, although I have a strange feeling that they're going to steer away from the whole Tree theme.

Hey, I already reserved the name 'Professor Maple' for my currently fake, but (hopefully) eventually realized, Pokémon game pair idea, set in the Aeonn region! I've mentioned that before on this thread, I think, and I would give you guys some information in another thread here on the PCF if I wasn't intending to make it into an actual pair of cartridges. Got it? Good.

Last edited:

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Since its most likely a transfer to new game, we won't get Mewtwo on the games until post game since transfer is unlocked after the main story. If Mewtwo is downloadable on X and Y on release, shouldn't matter at all if its form change is location, Item, or attack locked. As it was said you don't have to use it and even if you did Mewtwo would most likely be lv 100 allowing you to destroy what ever gym you go up against.

…especially the Dark-type gym, against whose inhabitants I believe Psychic-type moves are super-effective, and that's what I was worried about.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
^ One thing's for sure that, like previous professors, this gen's professor will have difficult remembering your gender. :P

Lol

I can definitely see Maple getting used. If we get another female professor I feel like Maple would be a really fitting name for her. All the other names that have been used (beside Juniper of course) have kind of seen more masculine to me. Maple or Sequoia or something like that just sound more feminine in my head, so they'd be cool names for a female professor.

Last edited:

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
^ One thing's for sure that, like previous professors, this gen's professor will have difficult remembering your gender. :P

…and your name, and what Pokémon live in his or her region, et cetera, et cetera…

I can definitely see Maple getting used. If we get another female professor I feel like Maple would be a really fitting name for her. All the other names that have been used (beside Juniper of course) have kind of seen more masculine to me. Maple or Sequoia or something like that just sound more feminine in my head, so they'd be cool names for a female professor.

Yeah…my fakemon game idea was in the process of becoming a real game idea back in Generation IV, so I thought that it might end up showcasing the first Pokémon game with a female professor if GameFreak didn't do something like that first. Now, though, they have, so I guess I'll just have to figure out what other ways I can use to make my game unique…maybe I could do something special with the move linking from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon? For example, I thought that maybe you could merge two moves known by one of your Pokémon (like you can fuse weapons in Kid Icarus: Uprising) with an item (say, a specific kind of Shard) to make room for ''another'' move that your Pokémon is trying to learn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back