• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Eon Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
NikNaks,You guys were the stepping stone I needed to get better.

I commend you guys for that.

I can't wait to see the demo, though I hope you guys didn't change to much from what I expect in the story xD.

Kid Ghandi

Ninja Squirtle
Years
I'm happy to help with any mapping you might want to have done. Just send me what you've got and put me to work (Do it via PM, put an attachment on it or something that can't be viewed by the public)

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
That's a good spot, actually. We have plans to change the entire intro at some point, so I'll try to remember to do that.

As Red has already said, Dew is restarting the old August project under a new title. He left the team a week or two ago because he felt we'd changed too much and we weren't making the same game any more, so he thought he'd start again. Which I think is fair enough :P

----

Thanks for the positive response, everyone! We'll be putting Lazarus into action from Monday next week (23rd August).

Also, if anyone's interested, we are still accepting applications for pixel and concept artists. Contact me if that's something you'd like to do!

You know if you ever need some pixel art I'd be glad to help you. Just not trainers....I can't do people well.

Years
Oh! I see, it's phases are based off the Holy Bible?
Or... errr, the names?
Er... no xD

I'd like to point out that the Carvanha in the first 2 screenshots looks like it's hovering above the water instead of swimming in it.
The other screenshots look good.
Good point. I'll add a splash effect if I remember.

------

Well, I said I'd start today, so... here we are! Today's update is a small one, and for those of you with a short attention span, you're probably going to hate it. It's an introduction to a new, yet-to-be-drawn-and-stuff character, who isn't even alive when the game is set.

His name is Stoke. Although, you might know him as Mr Moore. No, he's not the happy, artsy, tricksy guy from the anime, but a cold-hearted fire-breathing gym leader. One of the old, strong, traditional leaders of Hoenn. Under his command, Lavaridge was among the most formidable challenges in the land, and remained so until Juan grew in power and eventually overtook him in skill. He was a family man, in so much as he had one. But his son was never really loved in a normal sense. He was moulded, perhaps sculpted would be more apt with the abuse he suffered, into what Stoke hoped would be a trainer to rival the best in the land, and even the world. He wanted to breed a champion.

Despite this cruelty, his public image was mellower. He was good friends with Briney, a renowned water trainer and sailor, who was a master of the ocean, much as Stoke was a master of land. Although their obvious differences seemed a hindrance, they were almost the opposite; both saw a chance to gain knowledge of something alien to them. They shared something, though, in that the captain had a son, too. The two boys grew up alongside each other, and, like their fathers, were opposites, and yet the same. Briney's son was never intended to be a trainer; far from it. Instead, he saw him as the one to carry on the age-old tradition of fishermen that his ancestors had done before him.

Neither boy was too keen on being forced into their respective futures, and in a moment, their lives were changed. Their lives intertwined. Their futures rewritten. The day that two men, two boys and two majestic Pokémon met by a riverbank changed Hoenn for good. Blink, and you'd have missed it. But when Maxie and Archie saw the power, the fame, the glory that awaited them if they could harness such immense power, they knew their destiny. They knew that they had to get it. Whatever it took.

Years
No takers for Stoke? That's a shame...

Also, sorry for the double post, but I promised an update a day, and I didn't want to have to wait for someone else to butt in. So, here goes.

----

More miscellanea today! Here are the Dinso badges, in DPPt style, courtesy of Rhy-Rhy:

2m5b3mx.jpg

And here's what we're going to be working on. Eventually, all of these badges will spin like this one:

BadgeSpin4.gif

And finally, here's an updated region map, showing off both Hoenn and Dinso:

DinsoHoenn2.png

Please, feel free to comment, or moan about how terrible these updates are. xD Any input is appreciated.

Alamos

Team Plasma Leader
Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2010
Maps look great, just got one question you have to beat the dinso region to get to the hoenn correct?

Years
Nope. It goes East Dinso -> Hoenn -> West Dinso. :)

----

Honestly, I'm not loving the apathy here, but I'll keep posting these updates, whether you like them or not. For today, I'm introducing the water starter line.
13yhro5.png
000000000xP006Front.png

000000000xP004Front.PNG

Toriono, Olorain & Irigelle

Artwork by lx_theo and Rashoumon. Tomorrow, we'll be showing off some Hoenn stuff. Stay tuned...

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
The updates are cool Niknaks, but those Water Starters could do with a bit of a work. For a start, they don't look like a singular pokémon line, they look non-Pokémonish and very seperate. The sprites themelves could also be worked on a bit - The shading and lineart is off in places. I hope that isn't too harsh, because y'know I love this game Niks and I want it to be the best, and those Water Starter's just don't cut it when I think how much better they could be.

Looking forward to more, Ricee.

Years

----

Honestly, I'm not loving the apathy here, but I'll keep posting these updates, whether you like them or not. For today, I'm introducing the water starter line.
13yhro5.png
000000000xP006Front.png

000000000xP004Front.PNG

Artwork by lx_theo and Rashoumon. Tomorrow, we'll be showing off some Hoenn stuff. Stay tuned...

Are the water starters part filying too?

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Yeah, the color change makes them look seperate.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
It feels as though because they're three different water birds(Seagull,Duck,and Flamingo), they don't flow.If you could, try to ask who is spriting to make the Pokemon a little more like the Duck.If you've seen Tom and Jerry,I'd ask you to make the final evolution look like the dad duck. or this picture right here. http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/e5aVY4PFFGc/default.jpg

and the middle one can be an improved look of Donald Duck or something. THat could be a line.

nimmy23

Hi im nimmy23... Hi im nimmy23
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2012
Dew's August Emerald is well, to put it into easy words... 'Not this August Emerald'

Dew's game is changed his 'August Emerald' to 'Eternal Emerald' if you haven't read his journal.

Dew only said that because you he said you NikNaks changed the name into Eon Emerald

Years
Thanks to venom, we've got a whole host of new scripts, so today, here's a preview of our menu. This is coded and working in-game, so you can expect it to look just like this when you play it. No mock-ups involved. :D Spoiler'd for size.

Spoiler:

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017

----

13yhro5.png
000000000xP006Front.png

000000000xP004Front.PNG

Fakemon in an emerald remake?
I'm so playing this (when the demo is released of course :P)
I feel like I've seen this family of Pokemon somewhere before though...

T3h Kaiser

Jovial Fool
Years
I feel like I've seen this family of Pokemon somewhere before though...

That's because you probably have! They were the Water starters of my old project, Pokemon Zirconium.

I'm helping out NikNaks on August Emerald as well. Since defno, one of Zirconium's old artists, is also on the August Emerald team, we decided to reuse some of the old Fakemon designs we had made for it. Better than letting them go to waste!

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
^Ah yes *checks old thread* I was quite the Zirconium fanboy back in the day, I'm really excited that your helping write it kaiser, hopefully the plot will be as good as Zirconium's :) I would give an arm to write for this game.

Anyway good luck guys, I'm sure this game can suceed!

Infinipede

negima ruined my life
Years
As a note to all who are complaining about the water starters: I made the first one, and LX made the last two. I have yet to redo LX's sprites with my own edits/remakes. (He's a much better trainer spriter. :P )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back