• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
spirited-away-one-sheet.jpg

Not my first time watching, but the third time, and I appreciate it much more and am slowly realizing the genius of it. It's just one of those movies that the more you watch the more you love it. There's just so many themes, emotions, creativity and details fit in all one big subtle movie.
Really hard to describe this movie. Best description I've seen of it is "Alice in Wonder Land, but in Japanese". Of course, it's nothing like Alice at all, but you can get the idea. It's a bizarre movie that I absolutely recommend, and up there as one of the best animated movie of all time, often considered as Miyazaki's best.

Howl's Moving Castle is still better though.

Last edited:

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
Years
OldBoy-Poster1.jpg

Watched the original Oldboy after seeing the trailer for the new one. New one looks like it might actually be legit, but I have a terrible feeling they change the ending cause America's not ready for it.

Those of you that have seen it know what I'm talking about.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
The Purge, and it was so horrible, but the masks were scary though.

Reactions: T!M

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Hatchet

Pretty grotesque movie, luckily I bought the uncut version where they kept the scene where Victor Crowley kept butchering the old man like 13 times with an axe whih is pretty violent :)

I love the kill scenes, they might seems a little simple, but the way Victor Crowley does it makes it look awesome. There's also some cleavage which is nice too, I guess haha.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Recently saw Ender's Game twice in theaters. The first time I went, I focused more on everything that was changed between book and movie. The second time, I sat back and enjoyed it with an open mind. My opinion changed from "eh not like the book at all" to "I love everything and am currently a sobbing mess in the theater's lobby."

The pacing still hurt, especially since they rushed through my favorite part of the book, and I could still complain about something. But seriously. I'm glad I went to see it a second time because now I really do love everything about the series all over again.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Thor: The Dark World <3

I seriously like, fell in love with Loki after this movie. He was so witty and funny. He totally won my heart after seeing this movie. I would totally go and see this movie again, if I could!

Years
Watched Thor 2 in cinemas the other day... it was ok.

Last film I watched was Evil Dead 2. One of my favourite films of all time!!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 13, 2015
Inception

Haven't watched this in a long time. Love this movie. Always blows my mind. Visually stunning as well as mentally fascinating.

Beyond Infinity

Couldn't Outfox a Donkey
Years
Armageddon

I thought I must have seen this before, but apparently not. Anyway, it was on BBC Three and actually a good watch. Great cast, funny characters. I think it appealed to me because it was basically a group of lads messing about then going to space. Which is a bit like a normal night out for me. You'd never believe how many hangovers on Mars I've had.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
Footloose - www.imdb.com/title/tt0087277/

Never heard about the movie before until I heard the songs Let's hear it for the boy and Footloose. I decided to give the movie a try and while the movie was kinda bellow average, it was still a fun movie. Perhaps borderline so-bad-it's-good. Kevin Bacon teaching Chris Penn to dance, Kevin Bacon's Anger Dancing, Tractor Chicken etc. were so hilarious. I loved those scenes. Didn't really like how the preacher's character got a convenient 180 degree turn around at the end, just so that our main characters could have it their way. It was weak.

Overall a pretty fun movie, probably best viewed with friends. 4/10

Now watching Pacific Rim (1 hour in, currently taking a break, really like the movie so far), and I'm planning on watching either Escape from New York or Big Trouble in Little China tomorrow.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Wrong Turn 5: Bloodlines

Movie was alright, effects could've been better and the makeup also. The story was okay. Sex scenes in the movie was pretty nice tho lol :x

Years
Last night I was feeling like watching something random so I went on Netflix and found Kon-Tiki, a dramatization of Thor Heyerdahl's attempt to prove that pre-Columbian South Americans could have floating on rafts to Polynesia. It's a pretty good movie. They take liberties with the actual events, but it would have been a pretty boring movie if they hadn't. Very good movie overall. I liked the acting and the pacing in particular. It's not an easy thing making a movie that's mostly set in the same small space not feel boring.

Also saw Thor: The Dark World a few days ago and it's great great great.

Haha so much Thor in my movies lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back