• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my stall team!

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2011
Hello, this is my second attempt at a Stall team. This one focuses on spreading around poison, burn, spikes, and stealth rock to slowly kill the opponent. But, then again, all stall teams are supposed to do that.

Well, I don't know how to put in pictures yet, but here's the lineup!
Swampert
Skarmory
Blissey
Weezing
Umbreon
Registeel

Swampert
Held Item: Focus Sash
Waterfall
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
252HP/180Att/40Def/36Sp.D

Swampert's job is to set up Stealth Rock, and he does a pretty good job of it thanks to Focus Sash and immunity to Sandstorm. That means, barring the rare Abomnasnow lead, Stealth Rock always gets set up. From there, Swampert acts as my main offensive force, only coming out to finish off the last pokemon or force switches on Electric types.

Skarmory
Held Item: Leftovers/Shed Shell
Spikes
Roost
Roar
Aerial Ace
252HP/252Def/4Sp.D

Skarmory is the main cog of my team, acting as my physical wall, spiker, shuffler, and pseudo-hazer. His strategy is simple; switch in on resisted physical attacks and set up spikes on the switch three times. Once he gets in the fourth time, he begins shuffling with Roar, Roosting when needed. Aerial Ace leaves him with an attacking move in case he needs it.

Blissey
Held Item: Leftovers
Blizzard
Toxic
Softboiled
Aromatherapy
252Def/252HP/4Sp.D

Blissey is my Special wall, Status Absorber, and Cleric. When she isn't healing herself or my team, she's spreading poison around with Toxic. Not much to say, basically a standard Blissey (I couldn't get Wish, so this is as close to standard as I'll get)

Weezing
Held Item: Black Sludge
Fire Blast
Sludge Bomb
Pain Split
Will-o-Wisp
252Def/252Sp.A/4HP

Weezing is my secondary physical wall and main special attacker. With the EV investment, he really packs a punch with Sludge Bomb and has Fire Blast to deal with Steels. More importantly though, Weezing spreads burns around to potent physical attackers and those who are immune to Toxic. He also has Pain Split, and while it's not the most reliable recovery move, it's still helpful.

Umbreon
Mean Look
Baton Pass
Wish
Protect
252HP/180Sp.D/76Def

Umbreon is my trapper and healer. In a pinch, she functions as a secondary mixed wall. Most importantly, she keeps my team health with Wish. Protect both stalls for a turn of poison damage, and makes Wish a more reliable healing move for her. Secondly, she uses Mean Look to trap opposing pokemon, and then Baton Passes the trap to…

Registeel
Thunderbolt
Toxic
Iron Defense
Amnesia
252Sp.A/128Def/128Sp.D

Registeel is my main mixed wall, and usually receives the Mean Look from Umbreon. From there, he Poisons them if they aren't already. Either way, once Toxic starts to work its magic, Registeel begins to bulk up its defenses, depending on the opponent, until he is basically untouchable. Thunderbolt is a nice surprise for bulky waters and physical walls looking to block Registeel, mainly Skarmory. I know that defense boosts are said to be unreliable, but personally they've never let me down.

So that's the team. Some needs that I see are a Spinner and Spin Blocker, and a Toxic Spiker would be nice. I was looking at Dusknoir, but I don't know who he would replace.

Well, that's the team. Any suggestions, be they roster changes, moveset changes, or anything else please post below. Thanks!

P.S. How do you add pictures?

Crazyhand

Always up for battle! VM me!
Years
Defense boosts are said to be unreliable because of Crit. Hits. I'm not sure of the percentage, but whenever it happened to me it would ignore the defense boosts; that shouldn't be a problem for your Registeel though, as it has high def, spd anyway.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
This is a poor stall team, im sorry but its the truth. It lacks many things and the evs/sets are so also meh. Anyways;

Swampert
Roar
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Relaxed
252HP/252Def/6Sp.D

Focus Sash is a horrible item on something so bulky. You also need ALOT more def than that. Having a secondary phazer is good for the things Skarm cant Phaze. I.e CM Jirachi.

Skarmory
Held Item: Shed Shell
Spikes
Roost
Roar
Brave Bird
252 HP / 176 Def / 16 Spe / 64 Sp.Def

Brave Bird is better.

Blissey
Seismic Toss
Toxic
Softboiled
Wish
252Def/252HP/4Sp.D

Or you lose to Heatran. Use Wish as Swampert cant heal itself.

Weezing
Held Item: Black Sludge
Fire Blast
Sludge Bomb
Pain Split
Will-o-Wisp
252Def/252Sp.A/4HP

Here is where it starts getting meh. Weezing doesn't do anything in OU. It hardly walls anything, Heatran negates everything it does and its just set up fodder for so much. Really Gyarados or Gliscor are better fighting resists in OU.

Umbreon
Mean Look
Baton Pass
Wish
Protect
252HP/180Sp.D/76Def

Umbreon flat out sucks in OU. Everything sets up on it and it doesn't do anything. ;/

Registeel
Thunderbolt
Toxic
Iron Defense
Amnesia
252Sp.A/128Def/128Sp.D

This is a frankly horrid set, this set defines set up fodder. Seriously, read what i said about Umbreon and amplify that by 10000.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5320384&postcount=7

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5320384&postcount=7#ministallchecklist

So things you lack;

A ghost. (Rotom-A)
A spinner.
Something to stop last pokes.

You're also Mixape weak so Starmie can do that aswell as Spin. Replace Umbreon, Weezing and Regifail basically.

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2011
Thanks for the advice. I'll replace them, but I don't have access to Rotom-A because I only have Pearl and the 3rd Gen games. Who else should I look at for replacements? And isn't Umbreon OU?

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Yeah, but Umbreon is like bottom OU. Almost no one uses it because it's basically a free invitation for Scizor/Tyranitar/Heatran/etc to come in and set up.

Dusknoir/Spiritomb are the best spin blockers for WiFi teams. I would use Spiritomb because it isn't Pursuit weak and can run RestTalk to absorb status moves, assuming you aren't using RestTalk Gyarados.

Spiritomb @Leftovers
Calm Nature
252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpDef

-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power Fighting/Will-o-wisp
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

A Spinner/Infernape counter is needed like D_A said. I would use Tentacruel since it can do all that and also set up Toxic Spikes.

Tentacruel @Leftovers
Calm Nature
252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpDef

-Rapid Spin
-Toxic Spikes
-Surf
-Sludge Bomb/Knock Off

Wish will be nearly impossible to get for Blissey since it's only an Event move from a really long time ago. However, Softboiled + Aromatherapy is still a good alternative.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2011
Thanks for the advice everyone. Just in case you guys care, I decided to go with Spiritomb, Vaporeon, and Forretress or Tentacruel over Weezing, Umbreon, and Registeel. Thanks again for all the help, everyone!

Back