• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
@machomuu: By looking at your comment I can tell that something like "The Anti-Spirals return" wouldn't cut it as a good plot xD

However, to be honest I have sketched up a little bit of such an RP, but I won't be making it for a loooong time. Not until summer at least.
Well you could always do a retelling. I've thought up a retelling of TTGL that maybe people would be interested in, but I'm not good experienced enough to GM yet so at this point it's a no-go.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
@machomuu: Well, it's basically like this: The Spiral Power in all lifeforms grows so strong that they have all reached the peak of evolution. They become "perfect beings". Then some start to fear that the Spiral Nemesis will indeed happen and they basically do the smae thing the Anti-Spirals did. However they become more advanced than the Anti-Spirals, advanced enough to not have the need of being in a hive-mind. So they basically push the Spiral back down and that's where the RP starts and all that good stuff...

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@PinkSapphire: Yup. I mean first of all Pokemon Fallout has had what is essentially gijinkas for a while now. I mean who even invented anthromorphism? Certainly not us. I can't tell people not to make shool RPs. One couldn't tell someone not to make a vampire werewolf RP. They're concepts, not fully fleshed, unique ideas. Unless the person stole the actual fleshed out RP instead of the concepts there's not much to be done. Or at least, that's what seems logical to me. Goodness knows I'm not in charge of the rules.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
machomuu & PinkSapphire-Wait! Reserve a spot for what? Which RP?

for the RP we are making, Youkai acedemy

@PinkSapphire: Yup. I mean first of all Pokemon Fallout has had what is essentially gijinkas for a while now. I mean who even invented anthromorphism? Certainly not us. I can't tell people not to make shool RPs. One couldn't tell someone not to make a vampire werewolf RP. They're concepts, not fully fleshed, unique ideas. Unless the person stole the actual fleshed out RP instead of the concepts there's not much to be done. Or at least, that's what seems logical to me. Goodness knows I'm not in charge of the rules.

i understand, i'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

Whaa...? Everyone knows Lycans are much cooler than werewolves!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I think taking concepts is plagiarism unless they put a spin on the concept, because at that point it would be inspiration; and if, by chance, they use the name of the feature then they should in someway at the very least reference the one who came up with that, if plagiarism doesn't apply in such a case it should be done at the very least out of respect and/or gratefulness. I mean, gijinka are simply anthopomorphized pokemon, but I think if that GM wants to use what was created by someone else which was made from the theory of anthropomorphism, they should at least give credit where credit is due in some way, shape, or form. I mean, obviously Saph didn't create Anthropomorphism, but she did create the entity that is "Gijinka". Now if they had named it something else then it wouldn't be a Gijinka, just an anthromorphized Pokemon, and that's fine.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I mean, obviously Saph didn't create Anthropomorphism, but she did create the entity that is "Gijinka". Now if they had named it something else then it wouldn't be a Gijinka, just an anthromorphized Pokemon, and that's fine.

Umm... You do know that Gijinka isn't a made-up word, right?

ぎじんか
Gijinka

Translation: "Anthropomorph"​

You basically just said that She didn't create anthropomorphism, but she did create the entity that is "Anthropomorph"...

The full name is

"Moe Anthromorphism"
"もえぎじんか"
(Moe Gijinka)​

for a literal explanation, check the Wiki here:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Umm... You do know that Gijinka isn't a made-up word, right?

ぎじんか
Gijinka

Translation: "Anthropomorph"​

You basically just said that She didn't create anthropomorphism, but she did create the entity that is "Anthropomorph"...

The full name is

"Moe Anthromorphism"
"もえぎじんか"
(Moe Gijinka)​

for a literal explanation, check the Wiki here:
I'm tempted to go on a schpiel about how, in this case, "Gijinka" is the name of a species rather than a simply a word and therefore a simple meaning wouldn't refute the claim that she created "Gijinka", as the translation alone can't define the species as Gijinka and Anthromorph aren't the same word, they just hold the same meaning, thus what I said would still be "Gijinka" and translating would be wrong as I was referring to a race rather than a word, but that would require me to go through a lot of crap for something that could make this go on for several more posts.

That, and this presents the very real possibility that the word didn't come from Saph at all, thus making the claim unjustified and undefendable without a confession, which would be completely unwarranted, undesired, and most of all, unnecessary.

Also, run-on sentences FTW. Woo.

Sapphire Rose

Years
uhm people... i'm kinda starting to feel bad about it now... :I it feels like i'm the one now stealing the term "Gijinka" if i made misunderstandings then i'm sorry. i don't own the term "Gijinka" i used this name because i thought it was the actual name for these creatures.

the reason i thought he was kind of taking over my idea was because i think he's making a PMD RP too with Gijinka's, it's not that i thought it was stealing, thats why i didnt knew if i should feel bad because someone wants do the same or feel happy because someone thinks it's a good idea. if he still needs permission, then he has permission from me now, because i'm really feeling bad now that everyone is discussing this because of me and my stupid misunderstandings.

i'll make a new subject now:

What kind of RP's are you intressed in?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
uhm people... i'm kinda starting to feel bad about it now... :I it feels like i'm the one now stealing the term "Gijinka" if i made misunderstandings then i'm sorry. i don't own the term "Gijinka" i used this name because i thought it was the actual name for these creatures.

the reason i thought he was kind of taking over my idea was because i think he's making a PMD RP too with Gijinka's, it's not that i thought it was stealing, thats why i didnt knew if i should feel bad because someone wants do the same or feel happy because someone thinks it's a good idea. if he still needs permission, then he has permission from me now, because i'm really feeling bad now that everyone is discussing this because of me and my stupid misunderstandings.

i'll make a new subject now:

What kind of RP's are you intressed in?
Don't feel bad, debates like that are fun to me (and hopefully fun for others as well), and as I said:
This presents the very real possibility that the word didn't come from Saph at all, thus making the claim unjustified and undefendable without a confession, which would be completely unwarranted, undesired, and most of all, unnecessary.
So there's really nothing that can be done about it, and really, nothing that needs to be done, especially due to the amount of otaku, weeaboos, and psuedo-weeaboos on this forum.

Anyway, what kind? Well, I'd say ones that don't involve levels. It's not that I don't like levels, but when dealing with Pokemon RPs I want the a sense of immersion that I don't feel comes from RPs, mainly because I feel restricted when fighting NPCs.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I'll be a buddy and help you out.

1. What would you prefer as far as accessible regions in the RP?

a.) Full region of Tamriel explorable.
b.) Jumping from region to region, different ones being explorable depending on plot
c.) Just Cyrodiil
d.) A combo of Cyrodiil, Skyrim and Morrowind (Minus Vvardenfell)

2. How should the RP'ers be involved with the Hourglass?

a.) Explorers/Warriors/Thieves/Bandits/Mages etc.. looking for the Hourglass for personal reasons, RP'ers discuss reason in SU
b.) RP'ers are part of Imperial/Stormcloak/Aldmeri military and are looking for hourglass for their factions
c.) Special "Prophets" sent from Akatosh to protect Hourglass
d.) Daedric "Prophets" sent from Oblivion to destroy the Hourglass

My answers are bolded.

b.) Jumping from region to region, different ones being explorable depending on plot
c.) Just Cyrodiil

It would be easiest and big enough.

a.) Explorers/Warriors/Thieves/Bandits/Mages etc.. looking for the Hourglass for personal reasons, RP'ers discuss reason in SU
b.) RP'ers are part of Imperial/Stormcloak/Aldmeri military and are looking for hourglass for their factions

One or the other. I think :3 Maybe players can choose?

Well, after collecting answers, I think I have reached a conclusion: the RP will be based in Cyrodiil, and most of the action will take place there. However, the RP may jump into other areas, depending on if the plot requires it. And for players being involved with the Hourglass, the players will be able to choose. They can be a part of a faction, or just be independent and looking for the Hourglass for personal means. I will begin writing a plot/ OOC thread, which I will submit when it is finished.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

c.) Just Cyrodiil

EDIT: Dang, too late.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

c.) Just Cyrodiil

EDIT: Dang, too late.

Don't worry about being too late, I'll still review your opinions on the questions and do my best to intergrate them.

What kind of RP's are you *interested in?

I am interested in the Elder Scrolls RP I am working on, and the remake of War Between Pokemon and Humans and a kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/New Region journey RP.

Sapphire Rose

Years
Don't feel bad, debates like that are fun to me (and hopefully fun for others as well), and as I said:

So there's really nothing that can be done about it, and really, nothing that needs to be done, especially due to the amount of otaku, weeaboos, and psuedo-weeaboos on this forum.

Anyway, what kind? Well, I'd say ones that don't involve levels. It's not that I don't like levels, but when dealing with Pokemon RPs I want the a sense of immersion that I don't feel comes from RPs, mainly because I feel restricted when fighting NPCs.

okay then xD i feel less bad now :3 i thought it was more like people were fighting because of me xD i dont like it when that happens...

don't involve lvl's huh? yeah i kind of like these RP's better too, mainly because no one can say that he or she is stronger than the other, or such reasons like when you're new in an RP you are lvl 15 while a RPer who is longer in the RP is lvl 40

Nam

Years
okay then xD i feel less bad now :3 i thought it was more like people were fighting because of me xD i dont like it when that happens...

don't involve lvl's huh? yeah i kind of like these RP's better too, mainly because no one can say that he or she is stronger than the other, or such reasons like when you're new in an RP you are lvl 15 while a RPer who is longer in the RP is lvl 40

I agree. Level's limit us too much. The strongest would always be the one who has been on longest. But in Pokemon's case, I think the levels should stay -but not as a dictation of power, but more about "How close are you to evolving?"
Unless, the GM would be the one to say at a given time "Charmander is evolving."

Otherwise, people would probably post their pokemon evolving either too soon or too late in the game.

I like RP's with plenty of freedom, but they still drive you to the plot. I wouldn't want every move I make decided because I'm supposed to do or go somewhere. I also, like it when the group is not yet formed. For example: In some RP's there's the good side and the bad side and you choose which side you're in from the SU. When you begin, you're in a room with a bunch of people. I don't like that. I want to start off in my bed and eventually get recruited.

That could also open to mysterious character's that aren't exactly in the group, but they're good. I'm not sure whether I'm being clear here.. xD

Edit: I guess I'm just imagining a scene where both sides engage in battle and out of the blue a person coated with a robe that hides their face mysteriously appears and changes the tide of battle as he/she/it jumps down from a high place and does whatever it is they do. xD

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@machomuu: Gijinkas are, technically speaking, a very specific type of 'pokemorph' that is /mostly/ human. These are both popular fan terms used within the community to describe very simple concepts. Bulbapedia actually has an entire article on the various types of popular pokemorphs. It's also supposed to imply some 'moe' qualities, but a significant portion of fans overlook that part making it... slightly dated in terms of relevance to the real world.

Also, I disagree. One cannot 'plagiarise' a concept. A concept is a meta-physical idea first and foremost, not writing... far beyond the morally acceptable reach of someone to govern. Only once manifested and fleshed out into something creative can it be reasonably claimed to be someone's idea. That is to say, if the person using the concept does not 'put any spins' on it such as the addition of context, background info, additional changes, etcetera than they have not created something they can claim was their own to be stolen in the first place.

For instance, in Pokemon Fallout I could claim I created "Poke Spirits", which are a creative spin on gijinkas, adding unique background info and whatnot, but I would not claim that I have any right to gijinkas as a concept, as I did not make it or contribute to it in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back