• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

I watched Utena when it was on the Funi channel (back in it's "crappy quality, good shows" period, aka its early days). It's a good show, but it had such strange style, and I liked it for that uniqueness. It wasn't my favorite show, but it was pretty good, and wasn't anything close to "a generic tomboy protagonist" anime.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

Not giving donkey crap about Nick and CN, but I'm actually starting to really like Disney again.
Possibly since I'm now taking an animation course and I've realized how sodding amazing their animation is.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Well, Nick has Korra, so as long as they have that they're fine with me.

On the other hand, they have Toei's "fanmade" Dragon Ball GT, the antithesis to the masterpiece that is Akira Toriyama's Dragon Ball, so that's disappointing. I am seriously trying to understand why they put GT on instead of the original Dragon Ball.

Also, Cartoon Network may be getting worse, but they have Adventure Time and that's pretty awesome.

On the other hand, they cancelled Toonami (yes, I realize it's back) and Chowder. They also hate anime. So yeah.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

I had a relationship with Nick, but then they started dubbing (live-action!) shows in Swedish and removed the no ads-policy. :/

CN I've never really cared for. Wasn't allowed to watch it that much when I was little because of all the violence, and I pretty much never had the channel anyway. Toonami would have been awesome if I grew up with it, but I didn't.

That reminds me, I really flipping wish we had Adult Swim here. Then maybe I'd actually watch TV.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Most of Adult Swim's original shows are pretty bad, I don't actually know anybody that likes them (barring the Boondocks, I love that show). You're not missing much. Granted, Adult Swim is what introduced me to Inuyasha, Dot Hack Sign, FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, and Bleach (when I liked it), so it wasn't bad in the anime category (plus there were a bunch of other good anime like Case Closed and Durarara!, so there's that).

But I agree, there isn't much good on, nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back