• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Nuzlocke Challenge

Alex Night

Charmander Shepard
Years
Well... I myself am doing an Egglocke of Pokemon FireRed Omega which is a ROM hack. I think it's pretty self-explanatory of the base game, but it is the original Pokemon FireRed. Is it alright if I sign my Egglocke up here? I even have a YouTube series ready for it with the first episode as well as a tutorial episode. I just need people to send in eggs for me by the end of Friday.

Years
Username: Mr. Avocado
Version: Platinum
Single/Ultimate?: Single

Since I completed it on Emerald and want something to do on Platinum.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Update:

Rocks fell; nearly everyone died.

I headed north from Cerulean to Route 24 and 25, hoping to catch a Grass Pokemon to help handle the giant weakness the remaining Pokemon had against Ground/Rock Pokemon.

I found an Abra! It ran away.

After that, I tried my luck against a few trainers. Error evolved into Butterfree. While playing, I wasn't paying the slightest bit of attention during trainer battles, and I believe Error died to a Geodude using some move. Error wasn't the only death. Tatters fell in battle against an Onix.

I still have Porgey, and a decision to make about my team. All the Pokemon sitting in the box are Poison-types, so things might get a little difficult.

Team:
Unable to update because I don't know where my game cartridge is.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
Years
Username: KillerTyphlosion
Version: OmegaRuby
Single/Ultimate: Single.

Optional rules:
You must nickname all of your Pokemon.
A black out/white is a "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
You must change the battle style to SET.
You may not use/catch legendary Pokémon.
Exp share turned off.
Not using items in battle. But I will use healing items outside off battles.
Using mega only when your opponent has A mega too.
Edit: Also no using o-powers, except giving of course to increase level.

That's it and I am gonna start right now.

Alex Night

Charmander Shepard
Years
The Ultimate Nuzlocke Challenge

Okay, now this caught my eye right here... The Nuzlocke Ultimate challenge definitely sounds like something I want to try out especially since nobody has tried it yet, but I have a few questions about the Ultimate Nuzlocke.

1. It said that only enhanced versions of games will be counted in the Ultimate challenge. So does that mean I can only do games from Tough Red, Complex Crystal, Emerald Omega, Bloody Platinum, and Pokemon Blaze Black? Something like that? Is there a list of accepted enhanced hacks that Ultimate challengers are allowed to do?

2. Speaking of going through the six regions, that means I have to go from Gen 1 all the way to Gen 6? That means I can't use the remakes like FireRed Omega or Sacred Gold?

3. So, if only enhanced hacks are accepted, does that mean that X/Y and OR/AS are exempt from the Ultimate challenge or are they given an exception to the rule and still be played?

I know this might seem stupid to ask and it probably is, but I want to ensure that I'm doing this correctly before I submit my ballot for the Ultimate challenge as I am going to have the Ultimate challenge be recorded on my YouTube channel for proper records and insurance that I don't do anything outside of the Ultimate challenge rules. Looking forward to the response, man. I want to be the very best like no one ever was. :10:

Last edited:

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
1. It said that only enhanced versions of games will be counted in the Ultimate challenge. So does that mean I can only do games from Tough Red, Complex Crystal, Emerald Omega, Bloody Platinum, and Pokemon Blaze Black? Something like that? Is there a list of accepted enhanced hacks that Ultimate challengers are allowed to do?

You can use any official games or enhanced hacks.
When I said only enhanced hacks, I meant only Full Hacks can't be done in Ultimates. I'll clarify this better when I update the OP again.
And you aren't restricted to only those, you can mix it up by doing a few official games and a few hacks if you want. You just can't use any full-fledged hacks in ultimate challenges (eg. Dark Rising, Ruby Destiny, Light Platinum)

2. Speaking of going through the six regions, that means I have to go from Gen 1 all the way to Gen 6? That means I can't use the remakes like FireRed Omega or Sacred Gold?

What I mean by go through six regions is not going through the 6 generations, but playing each region at least once. So yes, you can use hacks like FireRed Omega (Kanto) and Sacred Gold (Johto), because they have the same story (mostly) as the official games they are based from.

3. So, if only enhanced hacks are accepted, does that mean that X/Y and OR/AS are exempt from the Ultimate challenge or are they given an exception to the rule and still be played?

You can use those if you wish, because like I said above, you can use any official games or enhanced hacks.

Last edited:

Alex Night

Charmander Shepard
Years
You can use any official games or enhanced hacks.
When I said only enhanced hacks, I meant only Full Hacks can't be done in Ultimates. I'll clarify this better when I update the OP again.
And you aren't restricted to only those, you can mix it up by doing a few official games and a few hacks if you want. You just can't use any full-fledged hacks in ultimate challenges (eg. Dark Rising, Ruby Destiny, Light Platinum)

What I mean by go through six regions is not going through the 6 generations, but playing each region at least once. So yes, you can use hacks like FireRed Omega (Kanto) and Sacred Gold (Johto), because they have the same story (mostly) as the official games they are based from.

You can use those if you wish, because like I said above, you can use any official games or enhanced hacks.

Hmmmmm, well in that case...

I would like to submit myself to the Pokemon Nuzlocke Ultimate challenge!

Username: Alex Night
Versions: Pokemon Ruthless Red
Pokemon Complex Crystal
Pokemon Emerald Omega
Pokemon Perfect Platinum Challenger's Edition
Pokemon Blaze Black,
and then finally Pokemon X. (Or at least until there's a Drayano-like ROM hack of Pokemon X/Y for me to play. lol)
Version: Ultimate

All games with the exception of Pokemon X are enhanced versions of the official games and haven't chosen Pokemon FireRed Omega or Pokemon Sacred Gold as I am already doing a Nuzlocke on them and it would be weird. lol Plus, it will test me to see how well I remember how the old games worked.

Optional Rules that span across all six regions (Because I'm an idiot like that):

• I must nickname all of my captured/given Pokemon.
  • The Dupes Clause will be in effect.
  • Shiny clause... What can I say, I want shinies. xD I won't use them if I already caught something on a route, but I'm still catching it to satisfy my ego, damn it!
  • The Black-out/White-out clause will be in semi-effect in the form of numbers of lives I will have. I will start the challenge in Kanto with four lives max and if I white-out, then I lose a life. I lose all of my lives, Game over. I will only get a life back once I complete the region aka beating the game. It's a new take I want to spin on with the White-out rule.
  • The Battle style will be on Set.
  • I will not use any Trainer items like Potions or Full Heals while in battle with the exception of held items that heal like Lum Berries or Leftovers as well as healing moves like Aromatherapy or Soft-Boiled for example. Outside of battle, it's fair game with Trainer items.
  • (Gen 6 Rule) I will not be allowed to use the Exp Share except for the sole purpose of 15 minute team grinding montages if needed at all. Otherwise, the Exp Share is off-limits for regular progression aka battling trainers and Gym Leaders.

I think that's it for rules... I think.

As I want the proof of my suffering and achievements recorded, the Ultimate Challenge will be recorded in videos on my YouTube channel and I will constantly work to make it a daily series starting on Monday. Although I won't forget to check in on this thread giving text-based updates from time to time of course. I will also give your thread a shout-out so that people will know where I got the idea. Come Monday, I will crush this challenge with fire! :10:

Last edited:

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
I think I got everything updated, including username changes, so if I missed anything, let me know.

I also expanded my challenge in Y to an ultimate.

I'll prob update with Red later.

Years
I am probably blind but it looks like I forgot to sign up for Black yay! >_< Anyways I am currently training up on victory road but here is still official sign-up from me:

Username: AoTora
Version: Black

First and last update coming whenever I am done with victory road, elite 4 and team Plasma.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
I am probably blind but it looks like I forgot to sign up for Black yay!

Your Black sign-up is the first reply, and it's already in the main post lol.

-----------------------------------------------------
I decided to change my Kanto game from Red to FireRed. Mainly because the original has shitty movesets, while the ones in FR are somewhat decent.

Kanto Update #1: 1/8 - Currently on Nugget Bridge.

This run did not start off good, I lost two members while training shortly after catching them.
After I trained what was left, Bulbasaur and Pidgey, I started doing pretty well and haven't had anymore deaths.

Team:
Spoiler:

Here's my catch and death progress so far:
Catches:
Spoiler:

Deaths:
Spoiler:

Years
Yay I am blind B) Lol or I was probably just super tired lol

Aaanyways it's done xD Let's just say that N and Ghetsis were major pains to take down - I decided to use Reshiram just for those two and so was the dragon gym because I didn't have any ice type pokemon or any ice types moves that I could teach anybody >_<

Alder was super easy though lol

I decided to take on Alder because Ghetsis and N battle were both just stalling party with a ton of deaths yay >.<

Vs. Alder

Final Team:
596.gif

Arahna|Female|Hasty Nature|Compoundeyes|Lvl 85|@Magnet
X-Scissor
Thunderbolt
Bug Buzz
Discharge
She came in after last gym right before elite 4 and N/Ghetsis - I didn't get to use her much but I still enjoyed using her ^^

542.gif

Lilly|Female|Careful Nature|Chlorophyll|Lvl 87|@Amulet Coin
Return
X-Scissor
Swords Dance
Leaf Blade
She was my oldest buddy out of them all - I caught her around third gym and I don't remember how many times she endured the crits or strong moves for me .. She was my powerful little hidden gem.

426.gif

Blimp|Male|Gentle Nature|Aftermath|Lvl 86
Shadow Ball
Fly
Omnious Wind
Thunderbolt
He joined the team after post game so I really didn't get to use him much - I only used him for elite 4 - at least few of their pokemon and Alder and that was it - But the short time he was with me he was an amazing addition to the team - hanging onto few hp few times in a row .. he was a good pokemon and I am sure looking forward to using him again :3

560.gif

Beka|Female|Rash Nature|Shed Skin|Lvl 86
Rock Climb
Strength
Crunch
Hi Jump Kick
Another late addition to the team - I absolutely loved her typing and I absolutely loved using her :3 Looking forward to using her again <3

576.gif

Amira|Female|Quirky Nature|Frisk|Lvl 86
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Psyshock
Psychic
Yet another late addition to the team but she was so powerful! I loved using her so much <3

473.gif

Ellie|Female|Gentle Nature|Oblivious|Lvl 85
Ice Beam
AncientPower
Earthquake
Ice Fang
And another post-game addition - I enjoyed using her nevertheless even though she didn't get to do much.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 22, 2015
Username: IGGY azalea
Version: Pokemon Y
Single/Ultimate: Single

IDK how to make this work onto my 3ds

Years
I completed Glazed Nuzlocke not too long ago :o I had a lot of deaths though :( It was sorta expectable considering that the hack is really really long but still D: Most of them were so unnecessary D:

Vs First Champion
Vs. Second Champion
Vs. Last champion

Final Team:

157.gif

Lava|Male|Gentle Nature|Blaze|Lvl 91|@Charcoal
Earthquake
Rock Climb
Flamethrower
Flame Wheel
He is my favourite out of the gen 2 starters- I enjoyed using him very much as always- He was decent despite being the only fire starter that's just a fire type and nothing else.

210.gif

Rex|Male|Hasty Nature|Intimidate|Lvl 91
Crunch
Rock Climb
Play Rough
Moonblast
He is actually a fairy type in this hack which made him so much better than he already is as a normal type! He joined the team pretty late as a replacement for Athena, my gardevoir that passed not too long before the last champion battle- And he didn't disappoint me. He was an amazing team member for sure!

472.gif

Batgirl|Female|Timid Nature|Hyper Cutter|Lvl 91
Poison Jab
Swords Dance
Iron Tail
Earthquake
I've never used Gliscor before -so when I hatched gligar out of an egg that someone gave me I wanted to use it - and she proved to be an amazing team member that I so want to use again.

471.gif

Icicle|Male|Bold Nature|Thick Fat|Lvl 91|@NeverMeltIce
Shadow Ball
Iron Tail
Hail
Ice Beam
He was a little monster that could take hits like there's no tomorrow- I could always count on him to do the best job he could do.

230.gif

Ariel|Female|Timid Nature|Swift Swim|Lvl 91|@Sea Incense
Hydro Pump
Surf
Twister
Dragon Dance
I wish that she was more useful but meh.. She came into the team pretty late and the lack of good dragon moves that she could learn really made her lagging behind most of the time :/

214.gif

Hera|Female|Brave Nature|Swarm|Lvl 91|@Black Belt
MegaHorn
Earthquake
Brick Break
Counter
She was another monster in my team. I loved using her so much! As always she gave me 101% every time I used her! She was really good and really powerful too.

Years
I'm going to have a go at this, now that I have a bit of time on my hands. Now, fair warning: I like to write, so these updates are going to be long. Sorry.

Username: ShiningKami
Game: StormSilver (SoulSilver hack)
Optional Rules:
Spoiler:

UPDATE #1: HERE WE GO!
Spoiler:

UPDATE #2: ENTER GARRETT!
Spoiler:

UPDATE #3: BUGS AND OTHER BUGS!
Spoiler:

UPDATE #4: I HATE YOU, HOOTHOOT
Spoiler:

ACTIVE TEAM:
Spoiler:

BOXED:
Spoiler:

DEATHS:
Spoiler:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I've been doing Nuzlocke's for the past couple of days but I haven't completed one successfully, so maybe signing up for one will make me.

Username: Perrie (gross flower)
Challenge: Single (probs do Ultimate after)
Game: Yellow
Additional rules;
~ SET battle style
~ Nickname every Pokemon
~ No duplicates
~ No legends

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
Ultimate Nuzlocke Challenge Update #2: