• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Just wondering has any1 ever experimented with rom expansion?

If we were to make new scripts after expanding a rom can we still use FSF to find offsets over the 900000 value? or we can still use #dynamic 0x800000 and it will find the needed space? Can the expanded space really be put to use in creating new scripts etc?

some clarifications will be appreciated.

Are there any hacks out there with the rom expansion feature?

thanks for your time.

Yeah, 0x800000 will continue to look for free space into expanded roms.
You can use expanded roms the same as regular ones, but A-Map doesn't find the expanded part, so you'd need to repoint them there manually.
A few hacks that use it, Rijon Adventures, Liquid Crystal Beta 3, etc etc.
Look around for more.

Washibon

---
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2011
Hey, I have a question about NSE. After unLZ-GBA wasn't doing well for me, someone told me to use NSE's Pokemon plugin to edit the Pokemon sprites instead.
I did so, but the palettes are messed up.
Even when I tell NSE to "export the palette", after saving, and going to the next frame then back- the palette is back at the original Pokemon's palette.
Do I need to use APE to edit the palettes? If so, is there any list of the offsets for all the Pokemon in FR/LG?
Thanks!

Washibon

---
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2011
I have a question. How do you remove the Truck in Ruby? There's video's on how to remove the "Earthquake" but not the truck it self.
I'm guessing you can just cover the truck in other tiles, as for changing your player's position, you can use Start Map Chooser Advance to change where you start in the game.

jota_rdk

Spanish hacker [Javi4315]
Years
I have another doubt very important.

Is there any form to know what is the offset loaded when a script is executed?

link12552

decade club
Years
Importing LZ77 palettes

Hey, I have a question about NSE. After unLZ-GBA wasn't doing well for me, someone told me to use NSE's Pokemon plugin to edit the Pokemon sprites instead.
I did so, but the palettes are messed up.
Even when I tell NSE to "export the palette", after saving, and going to the next frame then back- the palette is back at the original Pokemon's palette.
Do I need to use APE to edit the palettes? If so, is there any list of the offsets for all the Pokemon in FR/LG?
Thanks!

In NSE after you import an image or *.nsl, while viewing an LZ77 compressed image (aka the pokemon sprites), in order to save the palette you must goto Edit>Palette and then press save.

When you import in Lz77 mode NSE simply loads that data into the drawing canvas and palette.

So to save the image, you have to click save in the file menu.
-and to save the palette you have to click save in the palette window.

This may seem a little redundant, and in fact it quite is, but it's how it has to be done for now.

Good Luck!

Rizzy

// Friendship >> Chuck Norris
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2011
Which program works for changing the text on Silver, Cristal or Gold? or Red, Blue or Yellow?.
And for the same games mentioned above, which program works for edit the scripts, events and that stuff?

bleedpark

Collector of Shiny Cardboard and Player of Hacks
Years
hi im at a complete loss. im makeing a hack of silver version for my little brother but im haveng trouble editing trainer names. for example i changed karen of the elite 4 into a male trainer and i want to change the name to Jeremy instead of karen. i also want to change "PKMN TRAINER RED" to "PKMN MASTER MATTHEW." can anybody help please. idk if this will help or not but im useing Translhextion to edit names. also what is a good palette editor for G/S/C

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Heloo

Hey so you answer and i ask i guess
ohk ima start simple i dona if you can but maybe you can
ive looked at tutorials and havnt found a ''CHECK ITEM'' script
you know like:if you need a bike to get past or
silf scope to see or even
cleanse tag to activate or somthing like that sorry
if this is out of the question but if you can help
i would definetly be apreciative thanks alot
:)

Giga Universe

Working on a tool.
Years
So, I haven't hacked in a long time and have lost my notes.... :(
In the Pokémon Data Structure, if only the encrypted data is part of the checksum, why does changing the personality value make a Bad Egg? I need to change a Pokémon's personality value, but everytime I do, the Pokémon becomes a Bad Egg, yet the checksum is still correct :/
Better still, if someone could tell me how to change the Personality value without making a Bad Egg, it would be greatly appreciated.

Gars129

Is now focused on other things
Years
Is it possible to use the left entrance to warp to a forest and enter through the right of the forest? If not, is it possible in firered?

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
Is it possible to use the left entrance to warp to a forest and enter through the right of the forest? If not, is it possible in firered?
Just create two warps on the pictured map on the left, and two warps in the forest on the right. Make them connect to eachother and you're set.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 15, 2012
My LeafGreen hacked ROM crashed after several attempts at hex editing. It loads the beginning cutscene and then stops.

1) I changed the pointers of a multichoice box.
2) I inserted new data for a new multichoice box.

I need a new clean ROM copy since I wasted all the backups I had trying to fix the problem. I have a backup from like 2 weeks ago that I won't touch since it's my last copy. How can I fix the problem? I'll try resetting the pointers and see if that works. I doubt it will, though.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Anyone know the offset for the little Pikachu on the screen after the controls in FireRed?

The little guy's compressed data is at 345 (the body) and 346 (the eyes) in unLZ.

So, I haven't hacked in a long time and have lost my notes.... :(
In the Pokémon Data Structure, if only the encrypted data is part of the checksum, why does changing the personality value make a Bad Egg? I need to change a Pokémon's personality value, but everytime I do, the Pokémon becomes a Bad Egg, yet the checksum is still correct :/
Better still, if someone could tell me how to change the Personality value without making a Bad Egg, it would be greatly appreciated.

On the contrary, the checksum is calculated using the unencrypted data. The actual encrypted data is the substructure called "Data". The thing is, it's encrypted by XORing the Trainer ID with the Pokémon's Personality ID and then XORing the data with the resultant value. Thus, editing the Personality ID without reorganizing the data, re-encrypting it, and recalculating the checksum will most likely result in a Bad Egg.

I once made a little routine to change a Pokémon's nature (dictated by the Personality ID) without screwing anything else up but I forget how I did it. I remember it involved doing some really annoying calculations to make sure that the new Personality ID maintained certain properties (like resulting in the same value when you perform "Personality ID % 24") but acquired new ones (like resulting in a different value when you perform "Personality ID % 25"). Long story short, it's complicated. If you read the Bulbapedia article (and the substructure one) a couple times, you might be able to figure it out.

jota_rdk

Spanish hacker [Javi4315]
Years
Hey!

I am working in DP. I know where are the scripts, I can understand and edit it, but in DP, each map has its own scripts. Must be a connection between script and map, but I can not find it. Please, Can anybody help me?

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
I have been thinking of getting a GBA flash cart to play rom hacks on. So I have three questions:

1) What is a good cart for this ( is EZF Advance Realtime any good?)

2) What exactly do I need to make this work? I want to make sure that I buy everything that is necessary to get this up and running. This stuff confuses me a bit...do I need a cart and a linker??

3) Do these carts work on Nintendo DS?

Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2013
Hi, Im hacking pokemon Ruby. Should I use Whack-a-Hack because it looks pretty legit. Also how can I put sinnoh pokemon in ruby like reign of ledgends? Also how do I make an event like when you try to leave hometown a kid stops you.

EX. I want another area of hometown. A kid says hey look badguys! Then you can go in and stop the bad guys. Afterward a person walks over to the entrace of a cave to black it. After 8th gym how do I program to move after 8th badge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back