• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: FREE

Should all of the Legendaries be in the game?

• Yes, we want all of the legendaries!

Votes: 83 66.4%
  • No, there will be too many!

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • Most, but not all.

Votes: 13 10.4%
  • Only a few. Not too many.

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Pokemon: FREE

Hello, all. This is Chicken Fingers here with the first Chicken Fingers Production! Pokemon New Way! I decided to start small, so I'm simply adding things to FireRed, and making more Pokemon available. Of course, the difficulty will be spiked and I might put in little cameos and Easter eggs. Along with just about anything you guys want! Unless I absolutely hate your idea, which is highly unlikely. I'll also try to make sure I put in a fair amount of good humor. Though, you may see it as juvenile... Don't worry, nothing inappropiate or gross. Oh!!! I forgot about your Shinobi rival that'll be there a fair amount of the time! Along with the normal rival!

Before you get disinterested, screenshots!!!!

iM0oRXZ.png
RKAawAg.png
TQbBdR5.png
6H4DW2J.png
q0oqpHZ.png
jBHXabL.png
IAHSrdG.png
U1xzYDH.png
I8M46Ot.png
QdklqSb.png
SZCwAq3.png
Q2B5JQV.png
q5Bpjma.png
FcDLfK4.png
py4azSz.png

• New Starters! Elekid, Magby, and Azurill! I don't think Smoochum is a fair starter next to the other two and the "rock paper scissors" thing doesn't completely appeal to me
  • Very High Difficulty! My hope is for normal trainers to be tough to beat. The Champion will have six level 100 Pokemon! I will change it as I keep making progress to adjust to player feedback and to make sure it actually is hard. Oh! Excluding Brock, all gym leaders will have 6 Pokemon.
  • More RivalsCurrently only two. The normal one and a different kind of trainer. Don't worry, there will definitely be more and they may have their own stories and personalities and stuff.
  • More Gifts Should be at least one free Pokemon and one free item in every town or city
  • Adjusted Stats Specifically Azumarill, so it is on par with the other starters. A few other of the weaker Pokemon have had stat changes.
  • No More "Stupid" Evolutions No more trade evolutions and any of the other crazy conditions other Pokemon have to evolve. There will still be happiness though.
  • Fairy Type!Thanks to Mr.Dollstreak's Patch!
  • New Moves! Also to the patch! If I can figure it out, I'm definitely adding entry hazards! Just to make your experience that much more difficult!
  • Physical/Special Split Like the last two...
  • Legendaries Of course, more legendaries. You can even catch one before the first gym! You have to find it first though.
  • 386 Catchable Pokemon All 386 Pokemon in the game's Pokedex will be catchable. They won't necessarily be the original 386. If you have any requests for Pokemon, put them below. I'll try my hardest to pu them in the game!
  • Hidden Areas Certain Pokemon, like starters, will be in hidden maps. It's a bit harder to find a way into these maps usually. You will often encounter legendaries there.
  • Gym Leader Improvements Instead of gym leaders having just one type, they have three or four. This is to prevent having one Pokemon to sweep them! So, for example, Brock will have rock, ground, steel, and fighting!
  • IV Grades If you go look at your Pokemon's stats, you can see their IV grade! There's a spoiler down below explaining the grades.
  • BW2 Repel system! Upon expiration of your repel, you will be asked if you would like to use another one.
  • Set Battle Style Only To increase the difficulty, you will not be able to switch Pokemon between your opponent's switch.
  • Running Indoors You can now run inside buildings
  • Starter's Become Psuedo Magmortar, Electivire, and Azumarill have become Psuedo-Legendaries! This means they have stat totals of 600!

Gym Leader Type Changes
Spoiler:

IV Grading
Spoiler:

Pokedex
You can check here to see if there is a Pokemon you like in the game. If you would like in the game, politely ask me and I will see what I can do.
Spoiler:

Download is in the attachments! Goes up to Brock! One legendary is available!

Credits:

DiegoisAwesome for his scripting tutorial!
PokemonXSE101 Youtube channel for the amazing tutorial!
ChaosRush's sprite resource!
The creators of all the tools made.
Mr.Dollstreak for his patch.
link12552 for the Advanced Map tutorial.
Doesn'tKnowHowToPlay, HackMew, FBI Agent, and a couple others for help with ASM and routines!

If I forgot anybody, please let me know!

If anybody is willing to help me with trainer spriting, PM me please!

Last edited:
Years
This doesn't look bad honestly.

Hidden ninja from the village of leaves... Lol... Cuz every game needs more memes :3
Can never have enough memes.

I have one major point of critique though...

I don't really see many hacks going for Insane mode, like level 100 champions, however...
Celebi available before the 1st Gym? Uhmm...

#OhNoHowWillIBeatBrockMistyAndSurgeOhWaitIGotACelebi
#LolGitGudSkrub

You shouldn't make 600BST legendaries available that early imo...

I still voted for the 'put in all the legendaries' but just make them available at a reasonable level...

[Not sure if that Celebi screenshot was Viridian Forest but considering the next screenshot with a level 15 Celebi it probably is]

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
I have one major point of critique though...

I don't really see many hacks going for Insane mode, like level 100 champions, however...
Celebi available before the 1st Gym? Uhmm...

#OhNoHowWillIBeatBrockMistyAndSurgeOhWaitIGotACelebi
#LolGitGudSkrub

You shouldn't make 600BST legendaries available that early imo...

I still voted for the 'put in all the legendaries' but just make them available at a reasonable level...

Well, there isn't a straight event with Celebi. TRUST me. If you can reach it with no help, I'll be impressed. I made it pretty difficult to find.

Also keep in mind with level 100 champion, that you'll be gaining much more exp. from normal trainers everywhere.

I also accidentally deleted your comment on the ninja. He's actually going to be a reocurring character. #spoilers

Thanks for the feedback! But I decided to change some things! And, since I wasn't very far in, I completely restarted!

Some new things I added. All ASM stuff, thanks to FBI Agent and Doesn'tKnowHowToPlay! Along with somebody else's name who slipped my tongue!

• Running Indoors
  • BW2 repel system!
  • Set mode battle style only!
  • No more "L" and "R" help menu!
  • Eggs now hatch at level 1
  • You can now see the IV grades! Yay!

I probably forgot something, so I'll come back with that later.

tudou

also: Datudou, Cyanyans
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 8, 2024
Are you adding/replacing Pokemon? You should probably add all of the evolutions of previous Pokemon in Generation 4, like Weavile or Electivire, into your game. That would be a good starting point. You could add pre-evolutions if you wanted to as well, although most of them are pointless.
Celebi early-game should be fine for the demo for now. I suggest placing a Cut or Strength obstacle blocking it off in the final version, due to early game Celebi ripping the game in half.

Years
Are you adding/replacing Pokemon? You should probably add all of the evolutions of previous Pokemon in Generation 4, like Weavile or Electivire, into your game. That would be a good starting point. You could add pre-evolutions if you wanted to as well, although most of them are pointless.
Celebi early-game should be fine for the demo for now. I suggest placing a Cut or Strength obstacle blocking it off in the final version, due to early game Celebi ripping the game in half.

Yes, I am. If you check the main post, I added a spoiler with the new Pokedex I have planned. Everything that has asterisks/stars next to it needs to be added. I am adding all of the new evolutions that are still necessary. (meaning that I don't plan on removing the other evolutions)

I am also adding extra types and specific Pokemon to prevent sweeping and to defend against certain types of Pokemon on gym leaders. For example, Brock may have a strong Gligar and Misty will have ice types.

And Celebi happens to be in what's called a "hidden area." Meaning that it is very hard to find. In the hidden areas, there will also be Pokemon like starters, or stronger Pokemon. The only one currently in the game is Hidden Viridian Forest. Though, I plan on some being harder to find than others. Celebi being one of the harder ones to find.

I updated the main post a couple hours ago. I have found spots for the thirty legendaries not already in the game, along with most of the dragons and a few more of the biggest fan favorites. Along with two favorite starters ever. (Chimchar and Froakie)

If anybody has a certain Pokemon they would like to see in-game, please let me know. I'll see what I can do and try to find places to put them in. Like wise, if you feel like I should change things within the pokedex, let me know. I am going to edit all of the non-legendary Pokemon first, just in case I decide to not have a few of them.

Edit: I forgot about this, but I am changing the name! I'm not a fan of the current name personally. I just came up with it because I needed something. Instead, it is now, Pokemon FREE! FREE stand for "FireRed Edited Edition". Any suggestions or thoughts on the name are welcome!

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
Looks interesting, I'd vote for replacing the Geodude line with the Piplup line.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
can you please provide a list of which pokemon have stat changes and the changes made?

Years
can you please provide a list of which pokemon have stat changes and the changes made?

For the current demo, no changes were made that would effect that. I do have a notepad with all of them though. When I make the next release, I will also release the notepad.

Speaking of that, here are my current plans. After restarting, I've decided to do things differently.

First, I'm going to edit all of the Pokemon and data. That way, I don't have to worry about going back and changing too many teams or wild Pokemon.
Next, I'm going to finish rescripting trainers and gifts in Viridian Forest and Pewter. Along with everything up to Lt.Surge's gym, playing through several times to catch bugs and adjust the level curve to make it very difficult, but not impossible.
Finally, I will release an open beta. Three gyms long and getting cut off at the SS. Anne.

Don't hold me to this, but expect it to take 2-3 weeks, assuming no major issues come up. At that point there will be:

83 newly inserted Pokemon
3 gyms available
2-4 Legendaries available
At least 50 available Pokemon

Aside from that, I won't guarantee anything. Of course, there will be more, but I honestly don't know everything as of now.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I love the Chimchar line, but how about the Turtwig and Piplup lines? Maybe you could replace the Seedot line with the Turtwig line, and the Slakoth line with the Piplup line.

Years
Tired playing it but after the filling out my name it goes to a red screen

I just tested the patch and it works perfectly fine. Make sure that you are using a clean FireRed rom and if you aren't, use VBA. I want to think that there are some buggy emulators that cause that sometimes. Either way, if you can't get that version to work, I've restarted. You also will maybe get an hour of gameplay, depending on how long it takes you to beat Brock.

I love the Chimchar line, but how about the Turtwig and Piplup lines? Maybe you could replace the Seedot line with the Turtwig line, and the Slakoth line with the Piplup line.

Hmm... I like the Slakoth line but tbh, I'm not sure if I can fit it into the game very well. I actually like that, due to the fact that I decided to not have a lot of the water types. Thanks for the suggestion, I think I'll use it!

For Turtwig, I narrowed it down to three lines. Like you mentioned, Seedot line, the Hoppip Line, or the Lotad Line. None of the three are especially appealing to me, though I could make Jumpluff an annoying stall Pokemon somewhere in the game... or everywhere. Now that I think about it, a certain ninja could make use of Shiftry as I see it as a kind of ninjaish Pokemon. (nuzleaf) Though, I still don't undertstand Ludicolo.

Thanks you for the suggestions! I think I'm leaning towards getting rid of the Lotad line. It doesn't exactly appeal to me. Nor do I think many other people are huge fans of it.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Hmm... I like the Slakoth line but tbh, I'm not sure if I can fit it into the game very well. I actually like that, due to the fact that I decided to not have a lot of the water types. Thanks for the suggestion, I think I'll use it!

For Turtwig, I narrowed it down to three lines. Like you mentioned, Seedot line, the Hoppip Line, or the Lotad Line. None of the three are especially appealing to me, though I could make Jumpluff an annoying stall Pokemon somewhere in the game... or everywhere. Now that I think about it, a certain ninja could make use of Shiftry as I see it as a kind of ninjaish Pokemon. (nuzleaf) Though, I still don't undertstand Ludicolo.

Thanks you for the suggestions! I think I'm leaning towards getting rid of the Lotad line. It doesn't exactly appeal to me. Nor do I think many other people are huge fans of it.
Personally, I do like the Lotad line.

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
Years
The ability to rematch Gym Leaders at will and events for all legendaries please! Please also replace the Great Balls in the Indigo Plateau PokéMart with Ethers! (This is very easily done as I'm sure you know) I've always thought the player deserved to be able to buy them by that point in the game and Great Balls in that Mart make no friggin' sense anyway! >:(

I don't see it on the list, but are you planning on including Giratina? (one of my favorites, would like to know please)

Are we going to be able to obtain Mew and more importantly, will she obey us?

But honestly, this looks great so far! Keep up the good work! Definitely will be keeping a close eye on this one!

Years
The ability to rematch Gym Leaders at will and events for all legendaries please! Please also replace the Great Balls in the Indigo Plateau PokéMart with Ethers! (This is very easily done as I'm sure you know) I've always thought the player deserved to be able to buy them by that point in the game and Great Balls in that Mart make no friggin' sense anyway! >:(

I don't see it on the list, but are you planning on including Giratina? (one of my favorites, would like to know please)

Are we going to be able to obtain Mew and more importantly, will she obey us?

But honestly, this looks great so far! Keep up the good work! Definitely will be keeping a close eye on this one!

Thank you for catching that. I think Giratina was the only one that I missed. How would people feel about Unown being replaced? I feel like apart from story, it's a useless Pokemon.

If I do have Gym Leader matches, it will be one of the last things I do. If it works, you should be able to rechallenge inside of gyms. Only if my idea for the script is right.

Mew will most certainly obey. No reason not to. I plan on every Pokemon being obtainable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8615539#8615539

I noticed that you replaced Spinda. You need to follow this because it will still apply his random dots to your Pokemon.

I would also suggest spending more time in the R&D threads (especially the Quick R&D that I'm linking you to. There's a lot of really useful stuff there).

Also, I might would suggest Horsea as the water starter. It has more similarity to Elekid and Magby. I mean, you went from using a Ice/Psychic to a Normal/Fairy. (Just my personal opinion)

Thanks for letting me know that! Dang, right as I closed HxD. I'll get right to that tomorrow.

Thanks for the suggestion. I usually only search around there when I get a specific problem, but I guess it can't hurt. I'll make sure to check them out more.

As for the starters, I wasn't really going on type. While Azurill is a normal type, it evolves into a water type, so I think of it as a water type. It's just a Pokemon I like that doesn't really receive a lot of love. I am raising its stats a lot and overhauling its moveset.

Thanks for the reply and advice! It's amazing how much I've learned in the last couple weeks.

I4nxQgW.png

Sorry for the small image. But, this is the sprite of the ninja rival. It's a slightly edited Falkner sprite. I tried making my own, but... just don't ask about it...

I have finished editing 25/84 Pokemon data. I was pretty slow these last couple days, but I plan on getting at least 20 done tomorrow. Hopefully, all of the Pokemon are completely finished by Thursday. I will then be doing all of the trainer/battle scripting for Viridian Forest through Mt.Moon, adding NPCs and free Pokemon/Items, then repeating the process up until the SS Anne.

Thanks to everyone for the support! It means a lot and helps motivate me.

Years
I have a request:

since you said we can ask for things, my request is that you make another version of the hack that doesn't have the set battle style... I can't stand that, as I end up getting myself a Dragonite or a Gyarados or whatever has dragon dance and kill everything with those. Or else you gotta switch during the opponent's turn and he hits you. And that's just annoying, it leaves no room for strategy, as you can't plan anything. So I'm one of those who don't find the set battle system as "difficult", but rather a feature that decreases the game's enjoyability. In fact when I played games that had set battle system I stopped soon enough.

Therefore, if you could make another version that doesn't have the set battle style, I'd like to play your hack!

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
Years
I have a request:

since you said we can ask for things, my request is that you make another version of the hack that doesn't have the set battle style... I can't stand that, as I end up getting myself a Dragonite or a Gyarados or whatever has dragon dance and kill everything with those. Or else you gotta switch during the opponent's turn and he hits you. And that's just annoying, it leaves no room for strategy, as you can't plan anything. So I'm one of those who don't find the set battle system as "difficult", but rather a feature that decreases the game's enjoyability. In fact when I played games that had set battle system I stopped soon enough.

Therefore, if you could make another version that doesn't have the set battle style, I'd like to play your hack!

I second this notion... please.

tudou

also: Datudou, Cyanyans
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 8, 2024
I have a request:

I happen to play on shift a lot, because I'm playing for fun. But I have to disagree a bit.

First of all, there's nothing stopping you from sweeping everything with dragon dance in shift. But many people like not making battles incredibly boring, and I'm sure you are one of them.

Set just promotes a diversified team. The AI will always try to hit the thing right in front of it, so the challenge is to find Pokemon that switch into opponent's attacks. Of course, having a bunch of Pokemon of the same type will fail in this sort of environment. You are going to have to make predictions, and it is thrilling when they pay off, in my experience.

It also kinda depends on the game you are playing set on though. If the Pokemon in general have very limited movesets, like all fire and normal moves for example, it can get really irritating having to manually switch in. However, take Yet Another Fire Red Hack. Nearly all the Pokemon have diverse move pools, and the opponents have coverage-filled sets. Set makes those battles more exciting and interesting, as figuring how to get the Pokemon that can beat the current target in can be a interesting mental exercise.
I'm sure you have different experiences though.

Although, Chicken Fingers, maybe you should give your players a choice between set or shift, but if they choose shift, change the message to "Opponent is going to sent out something" or something that keeps the Pokemon that switches in a mystery. It provides a bit more breathing room between opponent Pokemon, yet means that the player can't switch in an assured counter most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back